Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Game enhancements 6 years 4 months ago #366821

• col8eral
  • col8eral's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 30
With the addition of the new mixed planes it got me thinking was there any way the game could be improved. Its already fantastic in my opinion but thought I'd offer a couple of thoughts for exploring.

First I would like to suggest that the mixed plane game be a separate user selectable option so people can either either WWI, WWII or a Mixed game.

Destructable scenery. I'm not sure how much computing resource this would take, but it would be fantastic if some parts of the environment could be damaged or destroyed during game play. Addtitonal building that could be destroyed, or bridges, or even leaving bomb craters in the ground.

Fuel. I notice there is already a fuel package shown for each plane, but this doesnt have any effect in game. Maybe enabling fuel could be interesting.

Just a thought.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Game enhancements 6 years 4 months ago #366823

• KpTNdIGbY
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't Even Try
  • Thank you received: 286
Being able to select WW1, 2 or mixed defeats the purpose of mixing the games by seperating the already small amount of players from each other. In practice it would work if the game had lots of players but it doesn’t really solve anything for the moment.

The other ideas are good I just feel like this is something we need to visit later and organise the game first. Like the ideas though.
KpTNdIGbY
The following user(s) said Thank You: mAd_AS_hELl, Silence•Call•The•Storm

Game enhancements 6 years 4 months ago #366824

• ZebraUp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Flying & Fighting with STYLE!
  • Thank you received: 4244

col8eral wrote:
Destructable scenery. I'm not sure how much computing resource this would take, but it would be fantastic if some parts of the environment could be damaged or destroyed during game play. Addtitonal building that could be destroyed, or bridges, or even leaving bomb craters in the ground.

Bridge can be destroyed..

Game enhancements 6 years 4 months ago #366826

• [*M]TBUILT
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • I back my squad 100% what's your excuse?
  • Thank you received: 17012
Having the option to choose ww1,ww2 or a mixture of the two would just create more empty game's.
You know what you need to do Zup drop the bullet drop, what could it hurt absolutely nothing so give it a shot. Things won't change over night it will take time to get back the player's you have lost, if it's not to late already so do us all a favor and drop the drop. ;)
Used to hear people say why are you so against change now those same individual's want it back so do it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M] Pagan, [*M]Comet

Game enhancements 6 years 4 months ago #366836

• col8eral
  • col8eral's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 30
I do agree tat empty games are a problem. Personally I prefer to lose the mised game alltogether. It may have the reverse effect and actually empty games further - the thought being that people without top aircraft will stand littl to no chance of an enjoyable game. Although for the developer it might provide addtional revenues from people rushing to purchase better planes and upgrades. I guess the jury is out on that one.

There must be a better way to keep games fuller by server management. You could have fewr game types. Maybe lose capture the flag. Optmise game players by forcing players into existing games rather than creating new ones.

You could also allow ingame invites so players in a game can invite friends to join a game. So this would require members to have firends or team mates and if they are online then a player can invite to the game they are in. You could also extend it so players offline receive an email to say their friend invites them to play.

You could also let players create a lobby, then invite their friends and when they have achieved a certain amount of players the game can begin,

These are perhaos ideas that could help create busier games.

Just a thought.

Game enhancements 6 years 4 months ago #366842

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13138
game types have zero impact on getting a game full or not. Removing flag games or any other type of mission would have absolutely zero impact. I could have only 1 mission type, you would still get empty games. The way it works is not because they are split on 8 different missions, it's because 8 players are in one game and you enter one which is empty and have to wait for the others to finish. No new mission game is created at all at any time until the previous mission is finished or gets full.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ZebraUp, Gannet, StarsandBars

Game enhancements 6 years 4 months ago #366849

• Gannet
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 4426
Could you try removing the limit on how many players are in each game?
That way the new "empty" game wont start until the previous one finishes.
(Or is there a resources limit on how many different sets of data can be coped with?)
The occasional game with 50 planes in it would be fun!

Game enhancements 6 years 4 months ago #366850

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
If you think lag is bad you would think 40 planes games to be slow motion of a turtle sleeping.
The reason it’s 8 players is because lag would be ridiculous and most devices couldn’t handle all the traffic fast enough.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gannet

Game enhancements 6 years 4 months ago #366859

• [M]LtDan nhouse
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • What goes up Must come down
  • Thank you received: 1274

zuperman wrote: game types have zero impact on getting a game full or not. Removing flag games or any other type of mission would have absolutely zero impact. I could have only 1 mission type, you would still get empty games. The way it works is not because they are split on 8 different missions, it's because 8 players are in one game and you enter one which is empty and have to wait for the others to finish. No new mission game is created at all at any time until the previous mission is finished or gets full.

Then that would make only one player complaining about emtpy games . The way you have just explained it is the way i thought it was. So when we enter a game that is empty (leave come back leave come back etc looking for players ) we are still the only player online alone we are just cycling through the different kind of games . Is there a time limit you can not start into a game that is already in play . Im lost because that only makes 9 players world wide playing at one time and the ninth one is complaining emtpy games .
Ive never complained about empty games it doesnt take long finding someone somewhere . I dont get the empty games complaints. Good luck Zup i couldnt do what you do trying to keep us all happy lol. Lt.Dan

Game enhancements 6 years 4 months ago #366864

• [*M] bware
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • raised on a moisture farm, moved to a point farm
  • Thank you received: 2173
I request to remove some aspects of the game that contribute to lag. Clouds are a good way to hide from the enemy but when I am flying in clouds gameplay gets glitchy and skips. Same for trees, nice place to hide but some devices don't have trees, therefore, why have them at all? This is a mobile game. Yes, it can be played on a PC, but it is still yet a mobile game. I think the best enhancement could be to simplify it to make it perform better.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M] Pagan, [M]LtDan nhouse

Game enhancements 6 years 4 months ago #366866

• Viper10{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Tip of the spear
  • Thank you received: 7914

Perhaps put prospective players in a queue until there are enough players to play a game? If everyone is surfing the different servers and missing each other and there are, say, 10 players online, they could be in a queue waiting for additional players. That way all the games would be populated with a minimal wait period before the game starts.

United We Prowl/Together We Howl
The following user(s) said Thank You: [M]LtDan nhouse

Game enhancements 6 years 4 months ago #366878

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

[*M] bware wrote: I request to remove some aspects of the game that contribute to lag. Clouds are a good way to hide from the enemy but when I am flying in clouds gameplay gets glitchy and skips. Same for trees, nice place to hide but some devices don't have trees, therefore, why have them at all? This is a mobile game. Yes, it can be played on a PC, but it is still yet a mobile game. I think the best enhancement could be to simplify it to make it perform better.

Everyone has trees and clouds. All devices, always, since I can’t even remember which version.

Game enhancements 6 years 4 months ago #366881

• Mongo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fly like its stolen shoot like you mean to keep it
  • Thank you received: 6558

zuperman wrote:

[*M] bware wrote: I request to remove some aspects of the game that contribute to lag. Clouds are a good way to hide from the enemy but when I am flying in clouds gameplay gets glitchy and skips. Same for trees, nice place to hide but some devices don't have trees, therefore, why have them at all? This is a mobile game. Yes, it can be played on a PC, but it is still yet a mobile game. I think the best enhancement could be to simplify it to make it perform better.

Everyone has trees and clouds. All devices, always, since I can’t even remember which version.

Zup i can still play on my original ipad 2, it has no trees, i do have clouds.
I have latest update for my ipad

Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or an idiot from any direction
(.Y.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M] Pagan

Last edit: by Mongo.

Game enhancements 6 years 4 months ago #366882

• DARK=X=RAIN248
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • u hear the thunder? the storm is coming
  • Thank you received: 375
Is there away we came bring back different sever? Like east coast sever. south American sever euro sever

Game enhancements 6 years 4 months ago #366889

• KpTNdIGbY
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't Even Try
  • Thank you received: 286

TR wrote:

zuperman wrote:

I’ll give you $100 for the iPad with no trees :)
KpTNdIGbY

Game enhancements 6 years 4 months ago #366896

• [*M]TBUILT
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

TR wrote:

zuperman wrote:

Yeah same here no tree's but have everything else.

Game enhancements 6 years 4 months ago #366897

• Gannet
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
For my 2cents worth, keep the drop, it just seems more natural in old planes.
Maybe increase the random spread a little to increase the chance of a hit?

Game enhancements 6 years 4 months ago #366901

• [*M] bware
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • raised on a moisture farm, moved to a point farm
  • Thank you received: 2173

[*M]TBUILT wrote:

TR wrote:

zuperman wrote:

I play on iPad 2, latest available update for this device. I don't have trees. Other players say I am flying and driving right through them. I have clouds but avoid them because the game gets glitchy and laggy when I am flying in them.
Would removing the code for trees and clouds allow the game to play smoother and with less lag?
I played a couple games today and it was fun! I just wonder if would be even more fun with those changes.

Last edit: by [*M] bware.

Game enhancements 6 years 4 months ago #366907

• darraxx
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 10674

[*M] bware wrote:

[*M]TBUILT wrote:

TR wrote:

zuperman wrote:

I play on iPad 2, latest available update for this device. I don't have trees. Other players say I am flying and driving right through them. I have clouds but avoid them because the game gets glitchy and laggy when I am flying in them.
Would removing the code for trees and clouds allow the game to play smoother and with less lag?
I played a couple games today and it was fun! I just wonder if would be even more fun with those changes.

Rember when everyone would turn off trees clouds shadow explosions .
And Gannett. Most of the reason people dont play anymore is the drop. It turned a game of skill into a ho hum game .the game feels more like its geared for children . people didnt like others having the skill of staright shooting so they got the drop .if you havent noticed those people are now playing other games .

Game enhancements 6 years 4 months ago #366924

• Viper10{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Tip of the spear
  • Thank you received: 7914

Rabbit, I love the drop because it makes the game feel more realistic. The laser straight shooting made it feel more like an arcade game. When the drop was introduced it seemed to effectively level the playing field as everyone had to learn to shoot again and years of experience no longer was an advantage. I do like the challenge of an even game, oh yes I do. I think the chief complaint about the bullet drop was the inconsistency some people noticed in the hit zones on various players. I was never quite good enough to notice any inconsistency in the drop, but there must be something to it based on the number of complaints.

I remember when I first started and didn't realize you could turn off clouds I would try to hide in them from the players who were better than I was. That never worked out, and I thought some folks must be downright lucky all the time. I probably played for 6 months before I found out not everyone had clouds. LOL

United We Prowl/Together We Howl

Game enhancements 6 years 4 months ago #366932

• [*M] Pagan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Live every day as if it's your last cos one day...
  • Thank you received: 4857

TR wrote:

zuperman wrote:

Yup same with me iPad 2 with clouds but no trees.

May the ancestors look down upon your achievements and smile.

Game enhancements 6 years 4 months ago #366933

• dognamitt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • you will miss 100% of the shots you dont take
  • Thank you received: 5755
ipad 1st gen same issue not one tree

[*M] Pagan wrote:

TR wrote:

zuperman wrote:

Yup same with me iPad 2 with clouds but no trees.

Game enhancements 6 years 4 months ago #366936

• Gannet
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

darraxx wrote:

[*M] bware wrote:
And Gannett. Most of the reason people dont play anymore is the drop. It turned a game of skill into a ho hum game .the game feels more like its geared for children . people didnt like others having the skill of staright shooting so they got the drop .if you havent noticed those people are now playing other games .

Yeah I've read all those comments before Darax, I don't happen to agree, and I just wanted to put in some weight on the pro drop side.:)
I think it actually takes more skill to hit with the drop, you also have to estimate the distance factor, which changes fast in the hit range.
(Which is why I suggested a slightly bigger random bullet spread might help)
And the laser shooting style actually gives the PC users an advantage with higher resolution on their bigger screens.
For me it makes diddly squat difference. I could never hit anything head on anyway ! :S
As to those that have stopped playing, they probably would have stopped anyway because the game hasn't had any new challenges for them in a while. (Just maybe they feel it sounds better to blame the drop, rather than say "I'm bored." ? ;) )

The following user(s) said Thank You: zuperman

Last edit: by Gannet.

Game enhancements 6 years 4 months ago #366938

• dognamitt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • you will miss 100% of the shots you dont take
  • Thank you received: 5755
i had a squad of 40 plus players most left they cited the bullet drop as main reason for not continuing into elite most tried it and didn't like it they said it varied a lot and wasn't the same for every game .Df 1 was very addictive and i think some used the change as a excuse to go . I don't game and never played another game only this one i found it easy to pick up and play and on most part the community has kept me playing its still a good game some games are good some are bad mainly due lag and the lag makes the bullet drop variable seems worse in ww2 because of the faster planes

Gannet wrote:

darraxx wrote:

[*M] bware wrote:

Yeah I've read all those comments before Darax, I don't happen to agree, and I just wanted to put in some weight on the pro drop side.:)
I think it actually takes more skill to hit with the drop, you also have to estimate the distance factor, which changes fast in the hit range.
(Which is why I suggested a slightly bigger random bullet spread might help)
And the laser shooting style actually gives the PC users an advantage with higher resolution on their bigger screens.
For me it makes diddly squat difference. I could never hit anything head on anyway ! :S
As to those that have stopped playing, they probably would have stopped anyway because the game hasn't had any new challenges for them in a while. (Just maybe they feel it sounds better to blame the drop, rather than say "I'm bored." ? ;) )

The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M] Pagan

Game enhancements 6 years 4 months ago #366947

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

TR wrote:

zuperman wrote:

That's because you have a very very old device (it runs too slow), so you are one of the few exceptions... and btw, the game will stop working on that shortly because Apple blocks updates for old devices with every new one out. I wouldn't be surprised once iphone X is out that they stop supporting the ipad2 updates considering is the next one to be removed from their update cycle.

Game enhancements 6 years 4 months ago #366948

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
I think only ipad 2 is missing the trees (maybe some other very old android device out there). What's the latest support ios for ipad 2? ios 9 or 10?
I'm asking because Apple is declaring those obsolete very very soon.

Game enhancements 6 years 4 months ago #366953

• [*M]TBUILT
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

zuperman wrote: I think only ipad 2 is missing the trees (maybe some other very old android device out there). What's the latest support ios for ipad 2? ios 9 or 10?

Looks like I'll be out soon then iPad mini no tree's. :pinch:

Game enhancements 6 years 4 months ago #366954

• [*M]TBUILT
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

zuperman wrote: I think only ipad 2 is missing the trees (maybe some other very old android device out there). What's the latest support ios for ipad 2? ios 9 or 10?

Ios 9.3.5 on iPad mini

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.980 seconds