TOPIC:

German base is too well protected by trees & build 6 years 5 months ago #366222

• Armament
  • Armament's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • what is this life if full of care?
  • Thank you received: 1314
German base is too well protected by trees & buildings. The Allied base is a sitting duck by comparison.

Please add some protection to the Allied base or remove some from the German base. Two simple ways to do so would be to align the Allied base horizontally (i.e. if the map is assumed to have North at the top, then align the Allied base East-West) or the German base vertically.

On the same topic, the forest on the Allied side provides protection to German tanks, while the forest on German side starts too far inwards. please extend the forest on the German side to provide hiding places for Allied tanks.

People choose German side too frequently, resulting in lopsided games. If being Allied becomes more tenable, then games are more likely to be more balanced and more fun for both sides.

Thanks
Armament
The following user(s) said Thank You: Templar, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, R E Z, Viper10{WP}, DireWolf{WP****}, Grandpappy 9+1 {WP}, Cypher7{WP}, S. E. Dailey, Lupo del mare

Please Log in to join the conversation.

German base is too well protected by trees & build 6 years 5 months ago #366251

• [*M] Pagan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Live every day as if it's your last cos one day...
  • Thank you received: 4857
Please!!!! Just leave the goddamn game alone!!!! It's been like that since day 1 ... Stop trying to change the game...doing so has gotten the game into the state it is in. If it aint broke don't fix it!!! Gggrrr
May the ancestors look down upon your achievements and smile.

The following user(s) said Thank You: dognamitt

German base is too well protected by trees & build 6 years 5 months ago #366260

• Templar
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 331
Interesting points,but imo I don't see a need for a change. For example,the Allied side does have strengths like while taking off you can shoot at in coming planes, you have lots of cover from the hill,also its hard for a German plane to grab a flag from the Allied base straight on,unless you come from the side which requires more prep.
Just my 2 cents
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] The Blue Fighter, Armament, Cypher7{WP}

German base is too well protected by trees & build 6 years 5 months ago #366261

• darraxx
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 10674

Templar wrote: Interesting points,but imo I don't see a need for a change. For example,the Allied side does have strengths like while taking off you can shoot at in coming planes, you have lots of cover from the hill,also its hard for a German plane to grab a flag from the Allied base straight on,unless you come from the side which requires more prep.
Just my 2 cents

The only problem with axis side is the giant arse trees as soon as you take off and try to go left . if you dont get over them you cant have a shot at low planes
The allied base has none of this .no matter how low you can get allied base has almost a perfect kill zone .
The following user(s) said Thank You: Armament

German base is too well protected by trees & build 6 years 5 months ago #366266

• [NLR] The Blue Fighter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Nothing is Impossible.
  • Thank you received: 9787
Armament if German base is protected with building, trees and hill the same protection you can use to bomb German base. As Templar mentioned you have to turn to your left after takeoff to engage with red so you have enough time to shoot them till they their gun pointed at you and secondly if you take cover of trees and hill at German base rather than engaging head on , you have 80% chance to bomb their base. Just fly low and around trees as they will not able to shoot you down as the runway is at higher level and by the time they see your plane you can easily bomb their hangars. Try it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sir Wumper, Armament

German base is too well protected by trees & build 6 years 5 months ago #366286

• Viper10{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Tip of the spear
  • Thank you received: 7914

It isn't the protection that is my biggest complaint, its the fact that the zone considered "enemy territory" seems to be much larger if you are allied, and much smaller if you are central powers. You get a tank pretty darn close as German, but nowhere near the base as allied.

United We Prowl/Together We Howl
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sir Wumper, [*M]TBUILT, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, Armament, S. E. Dailey

German base is too well protected by trees & build 6 years 5 months ago #366292

• [*M]TBUILT
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • I back my squad 100% what's your excuse?
  • Thank you received: 17012
Nothing is fare in war nor should it be in a war game, I'm pretty sure the allied side in ww2 wasn't thinking boy that German base is really well protected maybe we should ask them to change it? Lol
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sir Wumper, [*M] Pagan, Gannet

German base is too well protected by trees & build 6 years 5 months ago #366295

• ZebraUp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Flying & Fighting with STYLE!
  • Thank you received: 4244

I agree the the Allied base has its weaknesses.. but far greater ones than those already brought up. I'm referring to the long 'finger lake' and all the problems it causes for the Allied side. First off, during the bomb the carrier missions it allows far greater possibilities of scoring hits with a tank because of how narrow it is and how advantageous a tanks elevation can be in relation to the carrier itself. Secondly, during a capture the carrier mission when it is at the extreme North end of the finger lake it is ripe for the taking by the Germans as it is a loooong flight from the Allied base to there in order to defend it.

Do I feel that any of this or anything else that was already brought up needs to be changed? Well, it is what it is.. it would make things more equal i guess if the map was altered a bit, but with a little added effort and using "tactics" to fit the deficiencies the Allied side has to endure a Win is always possible! (Just a little more difficult!)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Armament

Last edit: by ZebraUp.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.881 seconds