• Page:

TOPIC:

Tanking near enemy base in 'Capture the Flag' 8 years 11 months ago #265014

• Cundall
  • Cundall's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 217
Might I request that tanking anywhere in the battlefield be looked at in this game? I've recently played two games where senior players (at least one MORAF) have taken advantage of this feature to spawnkill and prevent anyone from taking off. I consider this to be completely unacceptable under most circumstances. I could understand it if the tank was used briefly to suppress defences while a teammate came in to snatch the flag, but in both these cases, the player in question simply blasted away whenever anyone respawned. In the first game, the tank's team won as no blue got into the air. In the second, someone did manage to get airborne long enough to bomb the tank but several people were killed repeatedly and I believe one left the game.

I understand why this feature was included but it looks to me as though it is being abused. I ask that the zone in which people can tank is reconsidered, or guidance made on whether this is considered acceptable behaviour.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Cundall.

Tanking near enemy base in 'Capture the Flag' 8 years 11 months ago #265015

• KpTNdIGbY
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't Even Try
  • Thank you received: 286

Cundall wrote: Might I request that tanking anywhere in the battlefield be looked at in this game? I've recently played two games where senior players (at least one MORAF) have taken advantage of this feature to spawnkill and prevent anyone from taking off. I consider this to be completely unacceptable under most circumstances. I could understand it if the tank was used briefly to suppress defences while a teammate came in to snatch the flag, but in both these cases, the player in question simply blasted away whenever anyone respawned. In the first game, the tank's team won as no blue got into the air. In the second, someone did manage to get airborne long enough to bomb the tank but several people were killed repeatedly and I believe one left the game.

I understand why this feature was included but it looks to me as though it is being abused. I ask that the zone in which people can tank is reconsidered, or guidance made on whether this is considered acceptable behaviour.

This is not the first time I have seen volond do this. I believe the area which is enemy territory should be made smaller but there is an area inside that where you can't shoot while inside. When inside the area some type of warning should come up saying inside area, similar to how it says Sinking.
KpTNdIGbY
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cundall

Tanking near enemy base in 'Capture the Flag' 8 years 11 months ago #265017

• [NLR] The Blue Fighter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Nothing is Impossible.
  • Thank you received: 9789
Spawn killing with tank near runway is ban-able offense. You should have reported through in game reporting system. You still can mention on black list thread so that if anybody else have faced same situation by same pilot, then most probably he will first get warning from zuperman and if found repeating may get a ban on playing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cundall, {GI} E*A*G*L*E

Tanking near enemy base in 'Capture the Flag' 8 years 11 months ago #265018

• Mongo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fly like its stolen shoot like you mean to keep it
  • Thank you received: 6558
I have done this recently but have not fired a shot with my tank. Instead i have driven across the field as a distraction to the defenders and actually grabbed the flag and moved it away from base before dropping it elsewhere. This makes it easier for my team to grab it, distracts defenders, and is done without shooting any planes at base.

Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or an idiot from any direction
(.Y.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate, Cundall, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, [M]ad, {GI} E*A*G*L*E, the gunslinger

Tanking near enemy base in 'Capture the Flag' 8 years 11 months ago #265019

• [NLR] The Blue Fighter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Nothing is Impossible.

[*M] TR wrote: I have done this recently but have not fired a shot with my tank. Instead i have driven across the field as a distraction to the defenders and actually grabbed the flag and moved it away from base before dropping it elsewhere. This makes it easier for my team to grab it, distracts defenders, and is done without shooting any planes at base.

TR,
That is the right way, you played very fair.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cundall, Mongo, {GI} E*A*G*L*E

Tanking near enemy base in 'Capture the Flag' 8 years 11 months ago #265022

• Cundall
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
I did report both players btw. I'll mention on the blacklist thread.

Why on earth MORAFs feel the need to behave like this, I've no idea. Where is the satisfaction in upping your score by pushing a button and blowing someone up on the runway? Repeatedly?

I've also grabbed the flag in a tank and used it to move the flag at least a little closer to my own base. In fact once I got it all the way back, but it was in the early days when instead of winning the game, my tank turned into an aircraft and the flag disappeared. I think that glitch has now been fixed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] The Blue Fighter, {GI} E*A*G*L*E

Tanking near enemy base in 'Capture the Flag' 8 years 11 months ago #265048

• {GI} E*A*G*L*E
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Long live GI
  • Thank you received: 3213
Yes it's sad that there are too many MORAFs and other high ranking players that resort to dirty play. I have seen many use the tank glitch to bomb hangers, or carriers and they don't care, it's all about winning to them.

But really, how do you get any joy from using a glitch that essentially allows you to cheat? Where is the joy is just beating up on noobs, or spawnkilling?

They usually justify their actions by saying that it's a WAR game and all is fair in war (except the rules of engagement, etc.) In essence, they really don't care, they want to do what they want to do, and since people rarely get banned, they feel there won't be any repercussions to their actions, so they will keep doing it.

These people probably act the same way in their real lives, which of course makes this world not necessarily a nice place to live.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cundall, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, the gunslinger

Tanking near enemy base in 'Capture the Flag' 8 years 11 months ago #265053

• the gunslinger
  • "Long days and pleasant nights"
  • Thank you received: 31

E*A*G*L*E wrote: Yes it's sad that there are too many MORAFs and other high ranking players that resort to dirty play. I have seen many use the tank glitch to bomb hangers, or carriers and they don't care, it's all about winning to them.

But really, how do you get any joy from using a glitch that essentially allows you to cheat? Where is the joy is just beating up on noobs, or spawnkilling?

They usually justify their actions by saying that it's a WAR game and all is fair in war (except the rules of engagement, etc.) In essence, they really don't care, they want to do what they want to do, and since people rarely get banned, they feel there won't be any repercussions to their actions, so they will keep doing it.

These people probably act the same way in their real lives, which of course makes this world not necessarily a nice place to live.

Well said E*A*G*L*E

Tanking near enemy base in 'Capture the Flag' 8 years 11 months ago #265102

• KimberWolf {WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 728
I too was in a CTF game last night, but different players - and I really cant remember who.

My team was outnumbered (and out classed) and I knew it was a matter of time before we got over ran.
The inevitable happened and it was a blast.
Planes and bullets everywhere, getting our butts shot off.
Then their best player, MORAF Punk Chef - who played honorably, got the flag with 2 of their players in tanks on the runway.

They shot us up real good and we couldn't take off - but I didn't mind because I figured they were covering for Punk Chef as he flew away.
But they didn't leave, and one of them positioned himself perfectly so that as soon as you spawned, you crashed and died - over and over. It was a spawnkiller's dream.
I guess I should have used the reporting system, but I didn't.
I just made a comment about SK, said goodbye, and left the game.

Again, the MORAF Punk Chef, did not do anything wrong.

"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack" - Rudyard Kipling
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]VonHuLK, [NLR] The Blue Fighter

Tanking near enemy base in 'Capture the Flag' 8 years 11 months ago #265107

• KpTNdIGbY
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't Even Try
  • Thank you received: 286

Kimber.45 {WP} wrote: I too was in a CTF game last night, but different players - and I really cant remember who.

My team was outnumbered (and out classed) and I knew it was a matter of time before we got over ran.
The inevitable happened and it was a blast.
Planes and bullets everywhere, getting our butts shot off.
Then their best player, MORAF Punk Chef - who played honorably, got the flag with 2 of their players in tanks on the runway.

They shot us up real good and we couldn't take off - but I didn't mind because I figured they were covering for Punk Chef as he flew away.
But they didn't leave, and one of them positioned himself perfectly so that as soon as you spawned, you crashed and died - over and over. It was a spawnkiller's dream.
I guess I should have used the reporting system, but I didn't.
I just made a comment about SK, said goodbye, and left the game.

Again, the MORAF Punk Chef, did not do anything wrong.

Punk Chef is a good guy pilot and member of the community. Personally what I would have done is once he's got a bit of space tell them to stop camping or move out. Maybe he was just thinking about the flag but the spawnkilling is the real problem.
KpTNdIGbY

Tanking near enemy base in 'Capture the Flag' 8 years 11 months ago #265108

• Cundall
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Indeed. On both occasions I appealed to the reds to have a word with their teammate. The second time one of them did ask the spawnkiller to play fair, but it was quite some time later. I don't know if any conversations happened on team chat, of course
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] The Blue Fighter

Tanking near enemy base in 'Capture the Flag' 8 years 11 months ago #265125

• [*M]ONSTER CANNON
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 9167
Here's the thing with me...a tank is allowed to spawn at the base in a ctf game..though I don't care to be spawn killed, in that particular mission, it should not be a bannable offense. I can see that in a DF mission. If I'm lucky enough to tank at the red base in the ctf mission, you can bet ill be shooting planes...not as they spawn..thats just chicken fertilizer. But when airborne....BOOM. Besides at that point, they'll be shooting at me and deserve a lead present. :evil:

Tanking near enemy base in 'Capture the Flag' 8 years 11 months ago #265241

• Cundall
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Well that would be fair enough, but my point was that it seems to be encouraging spawnkilling on the basis that there's a strong tactical advantage to it. And it's then only one step to people hovering about near the target hoping to get shot down so they can tank as is increasingly happening in carrier games. If spawnkilling is so unacceptable, fine, but it's up to us to come down hard on anyone doing it.

Tanking near enemy base in 'Capture the Flag' 8 years 11 months ago #265245

• D- CC RIDER
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Never suffer fools lightly .
  • Thank you received: 5843
Yes I agree it is sad to see senior players or anybody for that fact resort to spawn killing at enemy base . Fair enough on a bomb run but too many are spawn killing especially in tanks . I saw Dick 777 doing it in a bomb the hanger game the other day . I said nothing as he destroyed hangers but was very shocked to see him start spawn killing on runway with his tank . :( sad that players feel they arnt skilled enough and have to resort to this level to get points . I guess this is what they are in life in general . Sad to see .
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]VonHuLK, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, {GI} E*A*G*L*E, KimberWolf {WP}

Tanking near enemy base in 'Capture the Flag' 8 years 11 months ago #265258

• Mongo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fly like its stolen shoot like you mean to keep it
  • Thank you received: 6558

Cundall wrote: Well that would be fair enough, but my point was that it seems to be encouraging spawnkilling on the basis that there's a strong tactical advantage to it. And it's then only one step to people hovering about near the target hoping to get shot down so they can tank as is increasingly happening in carrier games. If spawnkilling is so unacceptable, fine, but it's up to us to come down hard on anyone doing it.

Players are already flying bombless and sneaking with the intent of getting to tank range before getting shot down. They will fly at ground level to avoid their parachute being killed before they can land, or some i have seen will land in the area they want and. Wait for someone to kill them and use the bailout delay to get their tank.

Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or an idiot from any direction
(.Y.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: D- CC RIDER, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, {GI} E*A*G*L*E

Tanking near enemy base in 'Capture the Flag' 8 years 11 months ago #265268

• [NLR] The Blue Fighter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Nothing is Impossible.

[*M] TR wrote:

Cundall wrote: Well that would be fair enough, but my point was that it seems to be encouraging spawn killing on the basis that there's a strong tactical advantage to it. And it's then only one step to people hovering about near the target hoping to get shot down so they can tank as is increasingly happening in carrier games. If spawn killing is so unacceptable, fine, but it's up to us to come down hard on anyone doing it.

Players are already flying bombless and sneaking with the intent of getting to tank range before getting shot down. They will fly at ground level to avoid their parachute being killed before they can land, or some i have seen will land in the area they want and. Wait for someone to kill them and use the bailout delay to get their tank.

Usually, now I pay special attention to see that they are destroyed in tank. But others are not aware and leave them and thus they take advantage. More awareness needed to pinned them then and there in tank.
The following user(s) said Thank You: D- CC RIDER

Tanking near enemy base in 'Capture the Flag' 8 years 11 months ago #265272

• D- CC RIDER
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Never suffer fools lightly .
  • Thank you received: 5843
:S yeah both Blue and TR you are so right . Just today I had to hang back if a poor noob shot one of these brainl... Oops sorry bombless douche bags down in a pre designated area they thought they could pull off a pre planned tanking of the ship and make sure to destroy them before they did any damage . After a few times they left to seek out an easier target lmao . Only prob is you get shot down by an enemy doing the right thing while you are dealing with someone doing the wrong thing . Hats off to E.A.G.L.E GI the other day as I and two noobs were getting spawn killed and raided by a pilot called black bandit who was dropping and sneaking all game . Eagle joined on his side and gave me a free reign to give back a bit of justice ...he left after a few more runs . Thanks again E.A.G.L.E owe you one bro .
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] The Blue Fighter, {GI} E*A*G*L*E, KimberWolf {WP}

Tanking near enemy base in 'Capture the Flag' 8 years 11 months ago #265285

• Weather[*M]an
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • C'est la vie
  • Thank you received: 2065
One solution for me is to teamkill the spawnkilling tank if he is blue. Solves that problem. No matter the situation or case, if someone is tank spawnkilling, I'll take my 5 minutes in the penalty box if I have to. Strategy be damned, I want the right to fight for my victories.
Ignorance has a way of enlightening us all.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Cundall, KimberWolf {WP}

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.530 seconds