TOPIC:

Fixes for Dogfight 4.4.82 9 years 2 months ago #246517

• zuperman
  • zuperman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13142
Hi

Let's do a second round of bugs to fix on the next release. Please let me know what problems you still see on the game so we can have as many as possible fixed for the next update.

Take into consideration that if you are using Apple, many of the bugs you experience were fixed on 4.4.80/81 for everyone else.

Things already done:
- Fixed chat colors on Windows Phone that was showing always white.
- Fixed joystick screen colors, they are brown now so they don't mix with the snow, but still white when inside the tank, so they don't mix with the tank colors.
- Added description to Capture the Flag games and improved some of the tutorial graphics.
- Added dynamic sky and weather conditions: welcome to thunderstorms and night fighting!
- Fixed graphics gone black when playing on screen joystick mode.
- Faster tanks. You've just got a new speed bar option on the tank. Go into your hangar, pick the tank and upgrade the speed to 4 bars. (note, you will need 4.4.82 to notice).
- The game gives everyone 5 seconds of immunity now when taking off to avoid tank camping, crashing and hits from a previous dead coming through lag.
- Relocated some servers. Borimov is now India.
- After jumping on parachute, the camera goes directly into close-up mode so you don't need to press the camera icon to begin shooting.
- The zep now is bigger but also requires more damage to be done.
- The zep should bomb all hangars now upon arrival.
- The text on top of the aircraft carriers when bombing them is now smaller so they don't occupy so much screen space.
- Removed some of the trees on the aircraft carrier path.
- Enlarged the bridge so that the carrier doesn't pass through it.
- All practice missions after mission 3 are now unlocked by default. It also stores them on the server so reinstalling the game won't make you lose them.
- Reorganized the servers, there are now South Asia and East Asia zones for India and China/Japan area.
- The weather is dynamic now. Meaning I can change sunny/cloudy/rain/snow from the server at any point in the game.
- The time of day changes dynamically during game play. 90 minutes in the game = 24 hours. So during long games you will see sunrise, sunsets, nights and so on.
- Option to watch a video ad instead of waiting the queue (availability depends on the ad network).
- Display out of ammo message when it runs out of ammo.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sir Wumper, Whiplash, |111th| John II, [*M]TBUILT, KA5EY, ZebraUp, RT, Ziza, horriblebreast, [NLR] Finn and 10 other people also said thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by zuperman.

Fixes for Dogfight 4.4.82 9 years 2 months ago #246520

• KA5EY
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1369
I am still getting shot waaay too much. Hopefully that fix is on the top of your list.

The camera button is still a bit sticky. It dosnt seem to be as bad as it was a week or 2 ago but that could just be I am getting used to it.

Tanks cant travel straight through some vallies (I know there is a better word but I cant think of it). When your driving downhill and you get to the low spot and start to drive back up it gets stuck. You have to back up and take it on an angle like a lowrider going over the entrance to a parking lot.

None of these is really a big deal aside from getting shot too much.

Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sir Wumper

Fixes for Dogfight 4.4.82 9 years 2 months ago #246532

• GHOSTRIDER1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Yippie Die Yo Yippie Die Yay
  • Thank you received: 1873
I have Apple, so my biggest hope is that after the update it will take more than two shots to kill me. Is the increased number of hits required for a kill on purpose or is it a bug? Also, the little yellow button that used to record your play, for me at least, there seems to be no way to access the video if it is indeed recorded. And last but not least, and even though it's not really a bug per se, with everybody paying for subscriptions, in what kind of timeframe, can we expect to see some improvements in the servers, or perhaps even some new ones, something akin to the ones that were on loan from Microsoft last year? (Zuperman, if you're reading this, don't think I'm bitching I'm just wondering)

My camera button is also kind of sticky as is the list/filmstrip button.I also have a bug in which every time I play the game using Wi-Fi all the red and blue players disappear yet they can still see me. I've tried this with different Wi-Fi so I'm not sure if it's my Wi-Fi or my device, I don't think it's super Zupermans problem but maybe somebody can offer some advice. For about a year now I've only been able to use 3G to play the game. However, I don't seem to have a problem with the one other multiplayer game I play
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sir Wumper, 111th| Heroicz

Last edit: by GHOSTRIDER1.

Fixes for Dogfight 4.4.82 9 years 2 months ago #246543

• DireWolf{WP****}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 4958
I'm on Win and the camera button does not work properly for the chute. Often when I hit it I stay in chute and I'm dead before I hit the button again.

Also, the numbers over the carrier of percent damage are huge. Now planes can hide behind the large numbers and are difficult to hit.

Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: 111th| Heroicz

Fixes for Dogfight 4.4.82 9 years 2 months ago #246553

• darraxx
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 10674
Im.on.android when.i jump i hit the camera to.shoot but it goes back to just no target so i have to hit it again to.shoot by then im,dead please get rid of the jumping guy. The guy in the plane is cool.but not for jumping

Fixes for Dogfight 4.4.82 9 years 2 months ago #246562

• [NLR] The Blue Fighter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Nothing is Impossible.
  • Thank you received: 9789

zuperman wrote: Hi

Let's do a second round of bugs to fix on the next release.
- Added dynamic sky and weather conditions: welcome to thunderstorms and night fighting!

Nice addition Zuperman. Looking forward for night fighting and thunderstorm.

Only one improvement needed for windows 8.1 PC

Tank needed to be more faster as before.

Last edit: by [NLR] The Blue Fighter.

Fixes for Dogfight 4.4.82 9 years 2 months ago #246569

• horriblebreast
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fly hard, die hard!
  • Thank you received: 6101
in a previous update the windows 8.1 parachute was super sensitive. then it was fixed and now it is not sensitive enough. it seems like the parachute moves like a tank turret now. very slow. i am not sure if that is what you had in mind. if it is then disregard this.

so what the heck? rock the discotheque!
The following user(s) said Thank You: 111th| Heroicz, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, [*M]Comet, Kamikaze King

Fixes for Dogfight 4.4.82 9 years 2 months ago #246570

• [AOV] nine ball
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 117
I don't know if I'm allowed to post since I'm not a subscriber yet. But only two issues for me. The zep game the zep isn't responding, so far I've recorded I used 2k of bullets on it and it didn't even get halfway. So even if I use my secret move on it to buy me time. I just keep shooting till I get kicked
Sir Ball of Nine

The wages of sin was, is, and will always be death

Fixes for Dogfight 4.4.82 9 years 2 months ago #246571

• KA5EY
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1369
Oh Yeah super sencitive chutes; When falling the movement in the chute is fine. When on the ground and trying to look around or shoot at a plane it is sencitive then.

Galaxy tab 2 7.0

Fixes for Dogfight 4.4.82 9 years 2 months ago #246577

• [*M]Comet
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Take off eh!
  • Thank you received: 11899
Get rid of the even teams (altogether in my opinion we can police ourselves) for Zep games at least. I spawned in allied against a squad mate one on one and couldn't switch...

Make the fire and bomb buttons red again, can't see them on snow games.
Bannerless and naked. Whatever...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Goddo, Viper10{WP}

Fixes for Dogfight 4.4.82 9 years 2 months ago #246589

• [Ñ] SaCaSa [ES]
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 215
Podría ser la disposición de botones en la cabina clásica como en la moderna?
El objetivo es poder actuar en velocidad y disparo simultáneamente como en la nueva sin el impedimento del cristal del parabrisas cruzando en medio del punto de mira.
Gracias

Fixes for Dogfight 4.4.82 9 years 2 months ago #246593

• nebular
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2034
Thank you Zup!!

still collecting hits from last skirmish after re-spawning with no one around.... have to sit on the runway waiting for repairs.... usually when I'm in a hurry to defend and hit retry ASAP

still get a big hiccup right after leaving the south base just over the ridge and lose all controls if i fly along it instead of across it....

win 8.1 tablet

Last edit: by nebular.

Fixes for Dogfight 4.4.82 9 years 2 months ago #246600

• Quit Bug J4ff
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 572
I still have the crash bug when i quit at the end of a mission or i go back from the hangar area.(force closes to homescreen).

When i jump from the plane and select camera to go to snipe mode it then reverts back so i have to select camera again.Fix it so it puts me in snipe mode as soon as i jump please.

Very rarely when chatting it either stops working or it black screens and closes to homescreen.

The tank/chute buttons need an outline so they can be seen in the snow.(edit just re read you post)

Tank/soldier controls are unresponsive at times.Especially the right control for some reason.I find myself hitting it several times before it works.

On the subject of tank/soldier joysticks i would like to see them have a bit of on screen freedom.When i put my finger down in a given area it should always be at centre point.like sky gamblers(hate that game tho :) ) At present if you take a finger off and you want to fine tune your aim you can't as when you put your finger back down it moves unwantedly unless you are lucky enough to hit that dead center pixel.

Last edit: by Quit Bug J4ff.

Fixes for Dogfight 4.4.82 9 years 2 months ago #246602

• [*M]ONSTER CANNON
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 9167
I play on the kindle fire HD...thanks to some of the changes, I can actually aim with the soldier...not super sensitive like it was. I do, however, accidentally shoot in the tank when using the onscreen toggle.

Fixes for Dogfight 4.4.82 9 years 2 months ago #246652

• [*M]TBUILT
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • I back my squad 100% what's your excuse?
  • Thank you received: 17012
Can't wait for that new update sounds great zup, just one question and I'm sure others with not so much coin are asking themselves, now I have to buy another tank upgrade to bring my tank back to the speed it was before the tank size was changed?
So now players that have been saving to buy that next plane are forced to wait because they now have to purchase a speed upgrade because of an update that slowed it down in the first place?
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]bzerkbzerk, [*M]VonHuLK

Fixes for Dogfight 4.4.82 9 years 2 months ago #246653

• baron rojo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 3431

Hola zuper.
1-sigue la pantalla de pilotos ponendose sola en medio sin pulsarla,no veo nada durante unos segundos,se pone sola cuando giro a veces pero la tengo que quitar yo
areglalo joaquin.
2-sigo sin la Ñ.
3-botones blancos en nieve no veo,cuando tanque,el tanque se mueve lento,es muy inestable y vuelca el cañon no es sensible,boton de tiro cerca de disparo,se dispara acidentalmente,en la nieve a penas se ve al enemigo.
4-desaparecen aviones aparecen de repente y te matan.
5-necesitas hasta 10 tiros para derrivar algun rojo. (5 a los aviones y 7 al tanque seria mejor)
6-seria bueno poner flechas azules o amarillas a enenigos en tierra,asi no te equivocarias y seria mejor en la pelea aerea.es una idea.
7-el tanque al caer en la cubierta se queda en la orilla no se si es asi...o lo tienes que coger rapido para que eso no pase.
8-el paraca no senapunta bien,tiene que ser mas sensible y caer antes al suelo.
por los demas dar las gracias!! Por todo lo
que haces,el juego sera genial solo es cuestion de tiempo,un saludo.

Fixes for Dogfight 4.4.82 9 years 2 months ago #246654

• baron rojo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 3431

Hello zuper.
1- follows the display drivers ponendose not alone in tap, I see nothing for a few seconds, it gets lonely when turning at times but I have to remove me
joaquin settle it.
2-I still Ñ.
3-button white in snow not see when tank, moves slowly, it is very unstable and dumps the gun is not sensitive, button shooting close-up shot, shooting not accidentally, in the snow seldom seen the enemy.
4-planes disappear suddenly appear and kill you.
5-you need up to 10 shots to derrivar some red. (5 to 7 to aircraft and tank would better)
6-would be good to put blue or yellow arrows at enemies on land, so do not equivocarias and be better in aerea.es fight an idea.
7-tank falling on the cover stays on the shore not if so ... or have to take fast so it will not pass.
8-the paraca not targeted well, it has to be more sensitive and fall before the ground.
for others to thank !! For all
you do, the game will be great it is only a matter of time, a greeting.

Fixes for Dogfight 4.4.82 9 years 2 months ago #246655

• Kamikaze King
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Death is just a part of life! Get used to it!!!
  • Thank you received: 2400
Many folks are seeing very random things happening on the radar map. I have seen players spawning at the wrong base or carrier and radar signals from people spawning that appear way off the radar map. Doesn't seem to be platform specific, happening to all of us.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Viper10{WP}

Fixes for Dogfight 4.4.82 9 years 2 months ago #246657

• [M]JakeFromStateFarm
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2486
The only thing i can say here that needs to be fixed.....get someone at Apple to befriend so maybe, just maybe we can all be on the same update/version as everyone else. Getting shot down with 2 hits while firing constantly at reds is going to get old till we get the newest update.

Fixes for Dogfight 4.4.82 9 years 2 months ago #246662

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Kamikaze King wrote: Many folks are seeing very random things happening on the radar map. I have seen players spawning at the wrong base or carrier and radar signals from people spawning that appear way off the radar map. Doesn't seem to be platform specific, happening to all of us.

That's the apple players that don't have the update yet. They see and send wrong info to everyone else.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kamikaze King

Fixes for Dogfight 4.4.82 9 years 2 months ago #246709

• [*M] bware
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • raised on a moisture farm, moved to a point farm
  • Thank you received: 2173
When I crash my plane the words "Star \^/ares has crashed" appears in my chat text yet I am the only one that sees it, when anyone else crashes their plane I see no text of it.
2012 Nexus 7 running Android 5.0.2 :sick:
The following user(s) said Thank You: *EOI* RAPTOR

Fixes for Dogfight 4.4.82 9 years 2 months ago #246781

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

[*M]TBUILT wrote: Can't wait for that new update sounds great zup, just one question and I'm sure others with not so much coin are asking themselves, now I have to buy another tank upgrade to bring my tank back to the speed it was before the tank size was changed?
So now players that have been saving to buy that next plane are forced to wait because they now have to purchase a speed upgrade because of an update that slowed it down in the first place?

Well, first let's clarify something: The speed was never slower, it was never slowed down. I explained this already a couple dozen times. It's just a sensation because the things are bigger. The wheels, engine and everything rotate in fact at the same speed as always. Actually, i'm wrong with tanks. Tanks are way FASTER now than before, because since the wheels are bigger but the rotation speed is the same, it moves more distance, I would say that they are around 50% faster than before the size increase.

So I hope that MYTH about speed is already done and set, because it is getting boring to explain it every single week. Just think of driving a toy remote controller car, probably going to 10km/h or less, it feels speedy moving around your living room. Make that car your car, move it at 10km/h, same speed but it feels you are turtle. It is physics!

Now that we know that the speed of tanks is FASTER than previously, but since the object is larger it feels it is moving slower... my intention was to do nothing about it. WWI tanks are by definition slow. They ran at the speed of a person walking next to it. Just search for a FT17 tank video on youtube and see how the guy is walking slowly next to it when it is at full speed.

But many just keep complaining about how slow they are (well, yeah, welcome to WWI, and the current tank is about 5 times faster than they should!) so I decided to give it an extra speed bar. You never had that speed before. The price of anything related to the tank is so ridiculous that you can buy the 4 speed bars for the price of the first airplane. I doubt anyone would be limited on their airplane purchases because of the extra bar, and as I said, you never had that extra speed before.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ZebraUp, Baby Crockett, Kamikaze King, nebular

Fixes for Dogfight 4.4.82 9 years 2 months ago #246782

• [*M]bzerkbzerk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 6993

zuperman wrote:

[*M]TBUILT wrote: Can't wait for that new update sounds great zup, just one question and I'm sure others with not so much coin are asking themselves, now I have to buy another tank upgrade to bring my tank back to the speed it was before the tank size was changed?

Well, first let's clarify something: The speed was never slower, it was never slowed down. I explained this already a couple dozen times. It's just a sensation because the things are bigger. The wheels, engine and everything rotate in fact at the same speed as always. Actually, i'm wrong with tanks. Tanks are way FASTER now than before, because since the wheels are bigger but the rotation speed is the same, it moves more distance, I would say that they are around 50% faster than before the size increase.

So I hope that MYTH about speed is already done and set, because it is getting boring to explain it every single week. Just think of driving a toy remote controller car, probably going to 10km/h or less, it feels speedy moving around your living room. Make that car your car, move it at 10km/h, same speed but it feels you are turtle. It is physics!

Now that we know that the speed of tanks is FASTER than previously, but since the object is larger it feels it is moving slower... my intention was to do nothing about it. WWI tanks are by definition slow. They ran at the speed of a person walking next to it. Just search for a FT17 tank video on youtube and see how the guy is walking slowly next to it when it is at full speed.

But many just keep complaining about how slow they are (well, yeah, welcome to WWI, and the current tank is about 5 times faster than they should!) so I decided to give it an extra speed bar. You never had that speed before. The price of anything related to the tank is so ridiculous that you can buy the 4 speed bars for the price of the first airplane. I doubt anyone would be limited on their airplane purchases because of the extra bar, and as I said, you never had that extra speed before.

Actually I am limited as it shows that I am -$40,603 coins. Going to take a few months to get out of that hole and a couple more to gain the $2,500 for that fourth bar.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sir Wumper, [*M]TBUILT

Fixes for Dogfight 4.4.82 9 years 2 months ago #246783

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
your third bar is already faster than before the update, it won't have much of an impact
in any case I speed it up even more on the next update for everyone
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] The Blue Fighter, Kamikaze King

Fixes for Dogfight 4.4.82 9 years 2 months ago #246784

• =£ufbery=
  • Thank you received: 35
Too many shots to take down pilots. Shots from opponents don t line up and I m down???? Fire button not always responding. Thanks for taking care of us Zuperman...Windows 8.1 oh yeah and get rid of Lowdan Clear.LOL. RL
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sir Wumper

Last edit: by =£ufbery=.

Fixes for Dogfight 4.4.82 9 years 2 months ago #246803

• Gannet
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 4449
Occasionally I see a black volume in space, behaving 3d-ish, curved.
At altitudes above the normal death valley height.

If it's just me that sees them, its probably my device- HP Envy tablet, Windows.

Fixes for Dogfight 4.4.82 9 years 2 months ago #246906

• [*M] bware
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • raised on a moisture farm, moved to a point farm
  • Thank you received: 2173
Similar to J4ff's post when I press QUIT button the game reboots and has to load just like when I open the app.
Nexus 7 Android 5.0.2

Fixes for Dogfight 4.4.82 9 years 2 months ago #246956

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
That's a bug on Android 5.x system... unless Google fixes it there is no much I can do about it.

Fixes for Dogfight 4.4.82 9 years 2 months ago #246958

• Raunak
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 598
Zup when will ya release the update . I m very excited to see it ... Please be quick

Fixes for Dogfight 4.4.82 9 years 2 months ago #246959

• Manfred
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Just Manfred
  • Thank you received: 3866
Zup,
One more. On Android 4.4.4, Samsung S4, DF 4.4.81, when I tap the in-game chat box, it takes a moment to start the keyboard buffer. Meaning, if I tap the box, get my keyboard, and start typing right away, the chat box doesn't catch the first few characters of what I type. I have to wait a bit first if I don't want to miss any characters, and sometimes chat needs to be really fast during the heat of battle.
Thanks,
Manfred

Time to create page: 0.561 seconds