• Page:

TOPIC:

Subscription Sponsorship 9 years 2 months ago #245801

• Myrlin {WP***}
  • Myrlin {WP***}'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1241

Ok, so here is my thought. I can't claim the idea of what I'm about to propose, but I've seen it work beautifully elsewhere.
What if Zup created a separate link to pay for subscriptions. The difference is this. Create it as a Sponsorship link for another player. A player that may be new or younger that doesn't have the ability to pay for their fee on their own. Maybe a Squadron has a contest, and the winner receives a month of fees paid for them, or for that matter, a full year. The only downfall I see is that it would be recurring. So, if it were set up to where someone could sponsor a month at a time without recurring, that could work. I understand that it would take some special programming to make that happen, but it may be a way to boost membership or income, or both.
I hope what I'm trying to express here makes sense. What are your thoughts?
Myrlin

Fear not the darkness, for when it is just dark enough, then , and only then, will you begin to see the light of the stars.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate, Viper10{WP}, nightorado, {BLK}{WOLF}, nebular

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Subscription Sponsorship 9 years 2 months ago #245804

• Roamer{W.P***}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1058
I think it sounds like a great idea...If you build it they will come.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Viper10{WP}, nightorado, {BLK}{WOLF}, Myrlin {WP***}

Subscription Sponsorship 9 years 2 months ago #245809

• {BLK}{WOLF}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1669
lmao larry yes bro yes lol !!!!!!!james super idea ill help how ever u need me sir !!!!!! well done my friend with the bigist heart in df land ;)

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Viper10{WP}, nightorado, Myrlin {WP***}, nebular

Subscription Sponsorship 9 years 2 months ago #245810

• [NLR] McFate
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't believe everything you think.
  • Thank you received: 5398
It would be a great thing to be able to sponsor players! Feed the addiction, start 'em young. :P

Philanthropy would blossom! Squads could use it as a recruiting tool! Generosity would reign! I'm guessing that as long as it didn't become a medium for gambling things would be fine.
B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Viper10{WP}, nightorado, {BLK}{WOLF}, Myrlin {WP***}, nebular

Last edit: by [NLR] McFate.

Subscription Sponsorship 9 years 2 months ago #245812

• DireWolf{WP****}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 4958
Sir Myrlin, another brilliant idea. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Viper10{WP}, nightorado, {BLK}{WOLF}, Myrlin {WP***}

Subscription Sponsorship 9 years 2 months ago #245824

• Viper10{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Tip of the spear
  • Thank you received: 7914

Great idea, and I see the WP well represented in support of this idea already. I will tell you from experience with our hangar contest, paying for someone else isn't easy at all. My experience with gift cards, while on the surface a great idea, has its share of difficulties. The subscription payment normally ask for a billing name and address of the card holder which gift cards do not include..... and to date we have not been able to solve the issue short of sending payment via paypal.

I suspect, however, that this proposal isn't without difficulties as well. The different platforms such as windows store or google store are likely vendors and pay echoboom for the individual subscriptions. (Zup please feel free to chime in here and correct me if I am wrong.) Based on that I would suspect there would be a requirement to set up sponsorship methods for each of the different vendors to facilitate payment on behalf of another.

I do agree with McFate that with that kind of payment option subscriptions would increase. I'm no flymagic but I can safely say I would gladly sponsor a squad mate or two regularly as either part of an individual award, squad contest, or other thing related to either achievement or some kind of merit.

Zuperman, could you please let us know if this is a feasible request? Thanks.

United We Prowl/Together We Howl
The following user(s) said Thank You: nightorado, {BLK}{WOLF}, Myrlin {WP***}, nebular

Subscription Sponsorship 9 years 2 months ago #245902

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13142
Right now nope, the only way is through gift cards. All payments go through the store.
I may add the option to use paypal, but that must be through a web site and it will take some time to implement.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Viper10{WP}, DireWolf{WP****}, {BLK}{WOLF}, Myrlin {WP***}

Subscription Sponsorship 9 years 2 months ago #245943

• Myrlin {WP***}
  • Myrlin {WP***}'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1241

Zup,
Thanks for your reply! Well, it sounds like it's not impossible. I knew it would take steps to get there. Getting the idea in your head and get feedback was all I hoped to accomplish for now. It sounds like the process would be well received. I'll leave it in your capable hands, sir. Thanks again!
James/MyrlinWolf

Fear not the darkness, for when it is just dark enough, then , and only then, will you begin to see the light of the stars.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DireWolf{WP****}, {BLK}{WOLF}

Subscription Sponsorship 9 years 2 months ago #246008

• Rudolf Rednose
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 2783
Sounds simple, just pm the code on your iTunes or whatever card to your protégé.......and he/she can use it.

But! iTunes card are linked to the App Store of the country in which they are sold. He/she would have to log into thát countries store, to buy a subscription for a Dogfight app in thát store.
It's a hassle like that.

Last edit: by Rudolf Rednose.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.458 seconds