Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

I'm less than ecstatic regarding Windows 8.1 9 years 5 months ago #223934

• Mac
  • Mac's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • They Hate me, but They Can't get Enough of me...
  • Thank you received: 1411
Enough is enough. Not only is PC/8.1 idiotic to begin with (you certainly don't see other fps multiplayer games stretch across the outrageously unbalanced platforms like this), but people are integrating XBOX controllers and joysticks! Are you feckin' serious?

Not only are these players zooming around with impossible speed and turn radii, but they're actually convinced that they're legitimately great pilots. I had a level 8 declare I was jealous when he was out-"maneuvering" me in a pfalz, when I had a fully upgraded Camel!

The only way to combat this issue is with an incredibly fast wifi connection on tablet or newer phone. I.e every non-8.1 great Dogfighter. I don't have that either.

This isn't me just making excuses. When a PC pilot "shoots me down", I can diagnose the problem immediately: and I'm right nearly 100% of the time.

I'm the first to admit that I'm not a good turnfighter, and the first to admit when a superior pilot has bested me (that's you, MsGuided),but when a plane appears and I'm downed before I ever see a stream of bullets that flies off to my left, I'm enraged, exasperated, and ready to leg-drop the first PC I see.

Joaquin seems to be doing everything in his power to make this game unbalanced. No Noob servers, brutal game balancing (I can't even switch anymore, half the time), and this PC sync issue. I want to play. I want to succeed. I'm the first to admit when a pilot is better. But my god. Can this even be fixed?

Please, Zup, as much as I love some of the PC players (viper10, Kamikaze king, ZebraUp, horriblebreast, Doggy Dix), something really, really should be done.
You're getting predictable, guys. You can do better, right?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wigbomb, Dr CurtisShoe, .Boudicca.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Mac.

Dump the freckin' Windows 8.1, already. 9 years 5 months ago #223939

• Dr CurtisShoe
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 802
Dont know what I could possibly add to that, except AGREED.
Again, nothing personal against pc pilots....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rudolf Rednose, Raider

Last edit: by Dr CurtisShoe.

Dump the freckin' Windows 8.1, already. 9 years 5 months ago #223942

• Mac
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
Absolutely, Doggy, and I'm very sympathetic in that aspect. The only problem is, I can be firing into what seems to be a Wondows 8.1 player's proplure, and get no hit markers. Other times (like my game with you the other day) I'll spray in their general direction and seem to hit them with every bullet. That doesn't happen with other systems, personally.

But yes, I am aware of the head-on aiming issue rendered by a keyboard.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Doggy Dix

Dump the freckin' Windows 8.1, already. 9 years 5 months ago #223943

• ZebraUp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Flying & Fighting with STYLE!
  • Thank you received: 4244

Hey I am a pc flier and yet I just experienced all those things you spoke about mac.. I was flying against ISABELA (very talented pilot) and got my butt shot off.. it ain't just a particular device this happens to or from.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mac, [NLR] Finn

Dump the freckin' Windows 8.1, already. 9 years 5 months ago #223945

• Kamikaze King
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Death is just a part of life! Get used to it!!!
  • Thank you received: 2400
Mac, all the problems you describe are experienced by players across all platforms. Flying Win 8.1 gives no advantage over other platforms other than I have a keyboard to chat in-game with. I have heard people describe a 'sync-lag' before, but I have yet to see any proof of any lag caused by different platforms. Lag is caused by a player on the particular server you are on having a much slower connection. They may not be in the same game as you, but they are logged on to the same server.

In the past, you have stated you have tried flying with your sensitivity turned up but couldn't get used to the handling of the planes. This is why you were out-turned, not because Windows 8.1 players have a tighter turning circle. If 8.1 had any advantage over other devices, I am sure the developers would have spotted it by now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ZebraUp, Mac, [NLR] Finn, [NLR] Big*Joe, Doggy Dix

Dump the freckin' Windows 8.1, already. 9 years 5 months ago #223946

• Mr.Becken
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 829
It would be a great loss if Zup got rid of Windows 8 players.
Heres a list of some windows 8 pilots I know.
-ZebraUp
-Royal Flush
-Raunak
-First Blood
-Ishan Agar
-Ziza
-Killer
and many others. The xbox/joystick doesn't add a advantage because ive tried it and all it does is make it easier to aim comparable to a phone or tablet. Dogfight is a great game because its available on many to all markets and if he was to get rid of Windows 8.1 (which is a possibility)look at the d8 it is gone because some couldn't hit it:P LOL! but if windows 8.1 was to go Im 99% sure I wouldn't come back (you would probably like no ?LOL) maybe ill finally get away from the game December 1st will be a year for me here. Hope I don't need to hang up my jacket before December 1st! Wouldn't want to miss my 1 year anniversary! Guess it depends how many email and post here complaining about it.

Last edit: by Mr.Becken.

Dump the freckin' Windows 8.1, already. 9 years 5 months ago #223950

• ZebraUp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Flying & Fighting with STYLE!
  • Thank you received: 4244

Mr.[LF]Becken wrote: It would be a great loss if Zup got rid of Windows 8 players.
Heres a list of some windows 8 pilots I know.
-ZebraUp
-Royal Flush
-Raunak
-First Blood
-Ishan Agar
-Ziza
-Killer
and many others. The xbox/joystick doesn't add a advantage because ive tried it and all it does is make it easier to aim comparable to a phone or tablet. Dogfight is a great game because its available on many to all markets and if he was to get rid of Windows 8.1 (which is a possibility)look at the d8 it is gone because some couldn't hit it:P LOL! but if windows 8.1 was to go Im 99% sure I wouldn't come back (you would probably like no ?LOL) maybe ill finally get away from the game December 1st will be a year for me here. Hope I don't need to hang up my jacket before December 1st! Wouldn't want to miss my 1 year anniversary! Guess it depends how many email and post here complaining about it.

Actually Ziza flies with an Ipad.. which makes most of the arguments versus Windows invalid.

Dump the freckin' Windows 8.1, already. 9 years 5 months ago #223951

• Mr.Becken
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
hmm always figured he was on laptop! but I've never flown with him but I will soon I believe

Dump the freckin' Windows 8.1, already. 9 years 5 months ago #223952

• Longrifle
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 876
It can be frustrating, knowing that if you have the "best" equipment that if two of you are both in a turn that the win8 guy will come up behind you. Just know not all the win8 guys are playing the same way. If you see one that prefers dogfighting, know that you can't just lean on the stick and come around, you gotta throw in moves, use the throttle to your advantage, and confuse him so he can't just follow the pipper. Many of those guys will twirl at you so they reduce the odds of being hit, pass, and lean on their own stick playing follow the pipper. You can learn a lot from this kind of engagment.

The advantage also comes and goes, right now it's tipped, but I can remember when it wasn't always so. That said, there have always been platform problems. It would be nice to have a server for one device to ensure an equal footing, but think about it; every fighter in a squadron would likely have a different top speed, due to variations in things as subtle as pilot weight, prior damage, maintenance, etc. Many aircraft had different engine model upgrades, some positive, some not as much. The game gives speed to certain aircraft that are way off historical, so it's a video game rather than a historical simulation.

The win 8 guys that make me crazy and are hard to stick in a game with are the ones that come in to bombing games and drop, then swirl and follow the pipper. There is no skill there, and yes, some of those guys are blowhards. One accused me of cheating recently when I outspun his win 8 top tier plane, I gleefully told him I had a special button to outrun him, he started bawling immediately. Now knowing he was stupid enough to buy that, I then called him out as a dropping twirler and told him he was full of it. I normally stick in any game I'm dealt, but life's to short to hang out with assholes.
This Gun's For Hire

The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]VonHuLK, [*M]ONSTER CANNON, Mac, [NLR] Finn, nightorado

Dump the freckin' Windows 8.1, already. 9 years 5 months ago #223955

• Weazel!
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 59
Great, Now I cant play

Dump the freckin' Windows 8.1, already. 9 years 5 months ago #223956

• Mac
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked

Kamikaze King wrote: Mac, all the problems you describe are experienced by players across all platforms. Flying Win 8.1 gives no advantage over other platforms other than I have a keyboard to chat in-game with. I have heard people describe a 'sync-lag' before, but I have yet to see any proof of any lag caused by different platforms. Lag is caused by a player on the particular server you are on having a much slower connection. They may not be in the same game as you, but they are logged on to the same server.

In the past, you have stated you have tried flying with your sensitivity turned up but couldn't get used to the handling of the planes. This is why you were out-turned, not because Windows 8.1 players have a tighter turning circle. If 8.1 had any advantage over other devices, I am sure the developers would have spotted it by now.

Kk, I have long since jacked up the sensitivity to full, and become fully accustomed. I've studied WWI fighting tactics

I accept all your defenses. They're natural. You all love this game every bit as much as I do.

But how is it, then, that in certain instances, examples of which I laid out above, I ask players what device they're on, and the answer is almost always "Windows 8.1"? I can't pinpoint the difference, but it's definitely there, or I wouldn't be immediately diagnosing it!

Becken: Ziza plays on iPad. I don't know how he does what he does.

And saying that adding a joystick doesn't provide an advantage, it just helps you aim is like saying that school doesn't help your life, it just makes you smarter. That is a contradictory statement.

I'm willing to accept my device.s inferiority as well: I'm on an old Samsung Galaxy S2. I can barely see the planes, 80% of the time. But acting like NOTHING is up, you just turn more tightly because you're that much better? That doesn't make sense to me. As Longrifle said, there aren't enough variables in this game for that to be true. With this game's mechanics, two Camels,equally upgraded, at the same height, should be able to turn in an evenly matched circle. However, the results vary: the only thing that doesn't vary, is that all those who just plain move faster than me are in superior devices.

All I'm saying, is that a lot of weird glitches have shown up, and they all have one thing in common, when I ask. Windows 8.1. Interpret it how you like.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gizmo.

Dump the freckin' Windows 8.1, already. 9 years 5 months ago #223960

• Kamikaze King
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Death is just a part of life! Get used to it!!!
  • Thank you received: 2400
It seems, from you above statement, that your problem isn't derived from an inferior device, but your inferior devices 'tilt' calibration. Type 'calibration' in the search bar in the app store. There are many apps to enhance your calibration settings, above and beyond the factory standard, available. I hope you find this advice useful.

Dump the freckin' Windows 8.1, already. 9 years 5 months ago #223961

• Viper10{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Tip of the spear
  • Thank you received: 7914

I have to respectfully disagree with you Mac. If you had your way I would no longer be able to play dogfight as I am not really inclined to download and play this on my phone. I am relatively certain others share this sentiment. Personally I use dogfight as a distraction when I have nothing else to do and only use my laptop to play. Granted that limits my time in the game but that is, in my opinion, a positive. Your argument is similar to saying "those pesky cars are messing up our buggy paths and need to be banned from our cities and towns."

Also to say Windows 8.1 is bad or good... well that happens to be one opinion. I use 8.1 on three separate laptops without issues. One for a dj program that runs flawlessly on 8.1, one for work, and this one I use as my home computer. I prefer it to the other windows versions I have had.

Are there sync issues? Probably, just based on your statements and experiences. Should we take this away from me and others to correct said sync issues? I hope not.

I am sorry you are frustrated by the differences between your os and windows 8.1 but to cut us all out would be a mistake. Personally I chase laggy folks all the time and just laugh, even when shot down minutes later on my own runway.

United We Prowl/Together We Howl
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mac, [NLR] Big*Joe

Dump the freckin' Windows 8.1, already. 9 years 5 months ago #223966

• [*M]VonHuLK
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • BOOM Game Over...
  • Thank you received: 21656
I play on an IPad2, Do I find that there are players that can out turn my top planes that are fully upgraded? YES. So my only defense is to out fly them, or lose the battle. Can I win every Dogfight? No. But I do alright for myself. Most of the time I do my best to get them before they get close enough for a turn fight. I have found a few who turn so much faster than me, So all I can do is try to beat them before the circles start. If someone has an advantage, you have to find another way to beat them. Overcome or get run over. Is it "FAIR"? No, But neither is life.

ALL IN 100%
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gizmo., ZebraUp, Mac

Dump the freckin' Windows 8.1, already. 9 years 5 months ago #223970

• Mac
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
Sorry about earlier, I was really annoyed following some bad, bad games.

But please, Kk, Zebra, Viper, humor me for a moment:

On one end, we have a three-year-old, four-inch smartphone running through a laggy Frontier broadband and using a two-update-old operating system (I believe I'm on "Jelly Bean".) On the other end, we have a laptop running the new, contoured, seamless Microsoft Windows 8.1. Both devices are simultaneously streaming data of two pixelated aircraft flying around each other. Can you see where the advantage appears?

Trust me, I'm done with my "I want 8.1 gone" rant. I have remembered since then how much I love some W8.1 pilots. But perhaps a server for those of us with older devices, or a way to measure what you're up against, would be ideal. I'll still play with you guys, and I'll still do a fair amount of shooting you down. I'll just get annoyed sometimes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Viper10{WP}

I'm less than ecstatic regarding Windows 8.1 9 years 5 months ago #223971

• .Boudicca.
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 95
I have that idiot here you just talking about.Im not sure what was going on here but player called isabela is a low life player. When i got in to the game RT bagging him, lest let me take off. He was camping and sk killing all ready. Also he was flying so fast no one can kill him. All maneuvers ,and looked like he / she flying reverse. Turning so fast no one can see wich direction he was flying. Also he droped his bombed on take off, flew over enemy territory and sk and camped all players. Also i hit him several times and he never died. I took him down with my plane only. RT?eft and all others are left the game. Do wee need players like him? Also was some kind of delay in his play or flyt. Look like he was on different spot, and im was shooting at him from the front head on. But he took me down behind. Also marshal of the royal air forse OBJ¥S¥ did the same thing. Other low life hiding behind some fake name.

Last edit: by .Boudicca..

I'm less than ecstatic regarding Windows 8.1 9 years 5 months ago #223975

• [NLR] Finn
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Be Obscure Clearly~e.b.white
  • Thank you received: 577
I'm a W8 player. It wasn't long ago when we didn't have any sensitivity settings adjustments at all (Thanks Zebra for negotiating the change). When we finally got them, I edged my all the way up. I couldn't hit a damn thing for months. Now mine settings are way down so I can thump my arrows more accurately. You most certainly would not guess that I'm a W8 player using those methods listed. As I've said before, I turn as sharply as a barn bolted to a river barge.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ZebraUp, [NLR] Big*Joe

Dump the freckin' Windows 8.1, already. 9 years 5 months ago #223976

• .Boudicca.
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
W8 or not if you have you advantage all ready why you have to cheat more? Dropping your bomb flying so fast 2 player can win the game against 6. Why just can play and fight at midd field ? This person flew in high kept all players down untill one bomber can fly back and forth to finish the game. So if not W 8 what other device? I was hitting isabela front of me look like, and hi/ she killed me form behind. You can see the players on your sreen but that plane is not there.

I'm less than ecstatic regarding Windows 8.1 9 years 5 months ago #223982

• .Boudicca.
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
I just played DF against w8 players. Look at the scor. Im not worried abaut Ace and Triple. They're at good players . But look and that wing commander. Khemikal.

He got the slowest plane in tha game, monoplane , but he almost win the game. He was faster than any body else. How that slow plane out speed and out maneuver. D8s?
Attachments:

I'm less than ecstatic regarding Windows 8.1 9 years 5 months ago #223983

• Mr.Becken
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

.Boudicca. wrote: I just played DF against w8 players. Look at the scor. Im not worried abaut Ace and Triple. They're at good players . But look and that wing commander. He got the slowest plane in tha game, monoplane , but he almost win the game. He was faster than any body else. How that slow plane out speed and out maneuver. D8s?

maybe he dropped his bomb and none of your didn't ?

I'm less than ecstatic regarding Windows 8.1 9 years 5 months ago #223984

• Angelic Silencer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Who is this mysterious person who only Silences???
  • Thank you received: 291
first...there are still noob servers....
2nd....unlike yall tablet useers....us pc users have a set turn radius(which is adjustable by sensitivity...which everyone else has) per button click....so unlike yall....we can easily overshoot people....
Silencing.....Silencing.....Silencing.....now only if i could mute people.....

Last edit: by Angelic Silencer.

I'm less than ecstatic regarding Windows 8.1 9 years 5 months ago #223985

• Mac
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
I wish I had a tablet...

And while there are noob servers, they are messed up. I was playing against someone in his first game ever today.

Last edit: by Mac.

I'm less than ecstatic regarding Windows 8.1 9 years 5 months ago #223986

• .Boudicca.
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Im playing DF for som time first ting after take drop my bomb. So here comes again. Try to tell my( our ) experience and try to warn other about some players, and i was blamed again. All t3 players forgot to drop the bombs. .?

I'm less than ecstatic regarding Windows 8.1 9 years 5 months ago #223991

• Quit Bug J4ff
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 572

.Boudicca. wrote: I have that idiot here you just talking about.Im not sure what was going on here but player called isabela is a low life player. When i got in to the game RT bagging him, lest let me take off. He was camping and sk killing all ready. Also he was flying so fast no one can kill him. All maneuvers ,and looked like he / she flying reverse. Turning so fast no one can see wich direction he was flying. Also he droped his bombed on take off, flew over enemy territory and sk and camped all players. Also i hit him several times and he never died. I took him down with my plane only. RT?eft and all others are left the game. Do wee need players like him? Also was some kind of delay in his play or flyt. Look like he was on different spot, and im was shooting at him from the front head on. But he took me down behind. Also marshal of the royal air forse OBJ¥S¥ did the same thing. Other low life hiding behind some fake name

For a start when I joined the game Isabela had already been spawn killing your.when I approached your base she\he were swirling around camping.I started shooting on approach and hit her\him.I said sorry (which you conveniently left out) but then i made the remark"I couldn't get a clear shot with you camping"meaning basically its isabelas own fault getting shot down because of the unsporting way he\she played.
Second run I noticed Isabella was a dropper and only interest was to get to your base and spawn kill.I hate this because if everyone on your team does this how the hell you gonna win a btb mission.Then all your team dropped out leaving you.

If I did shoot you in the back I can bet you a bomber would have been on approach.

As for hidding behind a name goes,have a look below.........now does Q...B...j look familiar in any way cos its been there for a long time.

Now for the best bit which made me laugh and again you thought you would leave out your story. After your embarrassing rage quit you rejoined on our team and decided to bomb your\our hangers.That's fine,you have your ban,you have your points deducted and you have your credibility taken away.(and you call me a low life :) )

Isabella is a dirty tactition.

I'm less than ecstatic regarding Windows 8.1 9 years 5 months ago #224001

• .Boudicca.
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Hello obj, ii never told you shot me from my back. I got shot from my back before, but not like tis way. I was chasing isabela's plane , was front of me and I got shot by isabela, not you. Isabela was of 3-4 sec, because w8 or same thing else. . I try to say here how he played the game. All of my team mate left because Isabela. But least you can do tell isabela stop sk and camping. I me er sad you had excessive speed and played unfari. Some of you guys only left 2 players on your team rest left you because isabela's spineless play. You never told isabela stop or play fair game. So what was that. Can't got clear shot because the camping? You even acknowledged
Isabela's at and made a joke or a laughter about the

situation.
Attachments:

I'm less than ecstatic regarding Windows 8.1 9 years 5 months ago #224004

• .Boudicca.
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
You just a big fat lier again mr Italiano. Buck bug . Every game different name so no one can recognize you. You alway asking for proof, and i always get you a proof. And this case you not different then isabela. Don't worry soo er or later you gona end up in the game without your spineless helper isabela. After i kill you 3-4 time you always quit. Only reason you got different name every game
You don't want to be recognized if i kill you, or some one kills you. You always will find me here under Boudicca. So many cockroach,
So so many names. Boudicca the only one:)) you will find me here always

I'm less than ecstatic regarding Windows 8.1 9 years 5 months ago #224006

• .Boudicca.
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
I have an idea why don't you change the bugs to rats. That is more like you. So for tomorrow what will be your new name?
Ratto delle chiaviche? Tutto il mondo.

I'm less than ecstatic regarding Windows 8.1 9 years 5 months ago #224007

• .Boudicca.
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
I have an other idea for your new name in game.. Ratto Italiano.

I'm less than ecstatic regarding Windows 8.1 9 years 5 months ago #224009

• .Boudicca.
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

If you go back few taus in the forum. I posted some thing over there. Ghost and cheaters get bombed look like no other way to stop cheaters. I never see you quit games because some on cheating on your team. You even give help for the cheater so you can gain mor points and victory. Also get better kill ratio. You are very very greedy. I saw players lately to quit games if they ha e cheaters in the game or switch to help the other side. Also if you and your friends don't let plane to fly how can expecting to play the game. Beast penalty for your guys just bomb your hangar. If no retaliation for act like yours or ghost1 or isabela this game is doomed. Players will quit and go for other games. That's mean sooner or later no more dogfight. If players got killed in action so. Any time is much.much different than never can take off and got killed 10 times. I got killed in that game least 7 times before i was able to take of for 3 second.
So if the game like this don't expect fair play from the other side. When a player quit a game without flying 5 second and he signs off with fuck you all , don't you think is a problem there?
Attachments:

I'm less than ecstatic regarding Windows 8.1 9 years 5 months ago #224031

• Quit Bug J4ff
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 572
Your on drugs kid.I've been here 3 year.name started out as j4ff then zup couldn't get the game to work so I changed it to quit bug j4ff.After nine month out I came back and changed it to what it is now and that's it.3 name changes in 3 years!.My name has had no other changes.As far as telling Isabella to stop she said "Portuguese no Ingles" so she doesn't understand.Now if I join a game and she is there on my team I will leave just like if I have Kero,lowenhardt or hell cat on my team I will leave.Now if your on my team I will definitely be switching even if you are outnumbered.
You need time out to grow up.its a game ffs play and have fun.If you can't your in the wrong place.
I can't remember a game with you in nvm shooting me down but I certainly would not quit out because you shot me 3 times.From all your previous posts I can tell your a whinger.
Also why do you bring race into your insults?
Greedy!!! I made moraf over a year ago im passed playing for points.You obviously are not or you wouldn't be whinging like a baby with its dummy taken away.
Take a look at your own lack of talent before you start calling people cheaters.
BTW did you enjoy your ban?Don't bomb your own hangers you sore loser.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gizmo.

Last edit: by Quit Bug J4ff.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.577 seconds