• Page:

TOPIC:

world ranking system. 9 years 6 months ago #221159

• Quit Bug J4ff
  • Quit Bug  J4ff's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 572
Zup i think you need to shake up the ranking system.There are numerous players that have no place in that top hundred list anymore.As they don't play anymore they still stay in the last spot that they played the game.
I found this out the other day when i was at a friends house (93 if you remember him).when i searched for him in the rankings he was 114th.he hadn't played the game for 6 month.After he started the game up his rankig jumped to 400+.
This maybe common knowledge to some but alarm bells were ringing when i saw "bigboss" @ rank 28 surrounded by morafs 31.
I suggest some way of starting every account atleast once a month to weed out the list.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

world ranking system. 9 years 6 months ago #221160

• [e]hammer_tool
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • ut malleus omnia similis clavum
  • Thank you received: 1285

The ranking on the ween has been of for a while, but the in game ranking is accurate.

ut malleus omnia similis clavum

world ranking system. 9 years 6 months ago #221180

• [NLR] The Blue Fighter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Nothing is Impossible.
  • Thank you received: 9789
Zup has mentioned in one of his post that the ranking in forum get updated once in a week or fornight. As ehammer tool mentioned, game ranking is accurate.

world ranking system. 9 years 6 months ago #221190

• Mongo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fly like its stolen shoot like you mean to keep it
  • Thank you received: 6558
Both ranking lists have issues. The forum ranking list shows Air Chief Marshalls listed in top 100 above MORAFs that cant be right. The game rankings are also skewed as they show tie rankings in many places. I believe that once you get past the ACMs in the top 100 that forum rankings are accurate.

Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or an idiot from any direction
(.Y.)

world ranking system. 9 years 6 months ago #221208

• Quit Bug J4ff
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Exactly TR.Now the way I see it,take the top 5.
Wig
,Obama
,B
,bomber1
Correct me if I'm wrong but I haven't seen bomber1 playing for a long time.If he has not logged into a game he will remain there.1001 can get past him but he must be ahead of B,s stats then it will be a straight swap ie
Wig
Obama
Bomber1
B
Now if it is the case that bomber hasn't played and decides to log in for a game he will more than likely be at the bottom of the top 100.
Now this is the case with every name there that hasn't logged into a game.That is why there are lower ranks in the top 100.This is why I'm suggesting to find some way of initialising each account regularly. Looks like at least 20 names up there would dissapear to their actual place.

world ranking system. 9 years 6 months ago #221256

• [e]hammer_tool
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • ut malleus omnia similis clavum
  • Thank you received: 1285

The forum ranking isn't updated, but the stats shown against players is about right. Rely on the in game stats (althoutgh there is only a top 50)

ut malleus omnia similis clavum

world ranking system. 9 years 6 months ago #221260

• ZebraUp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Flying & Fighting with STYLE!
  • Thank you received: 4244

[e]hammer_tool wrote: The forum ranking isn't updated, but the stats shown against players is about right. Rely on the in game stats (althoutgh there is only a top 50)

There's something wrong when you have Abu Abed - an Air Chief Marshal I, as #37 World Ranking.. in the game..? And he's #45 in the forum rankings as well... and def it ain't his statistics that's put him there.. so both Forum and In-Game rankings are messed up..

This started when zuperman said he did this to get rid of the lag.. seems computing statistics in real time was the primary cause of lag.. :ohmy:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gizmo.

Last edit: by ZebraUp.

world ranking system. 9 years 6 months ago #221281

• Quit Bug J4ff
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
If Abu Abed whom i remember to be fairly handy,after 2 yr decided to come back.The moment he logs into his account he would jump straight down to the 400s or wherever his similar ranks are.
A method of activating accounts that have been idle for a week/month would sort it out.

I don't think real time would make any difference as the player would still need to log in to effect the stats.

Last edit: by Quit Bug J4ff.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.578 seconds