• Page:

TOPIC:

Horrible people 9 years 6 months ago #219722

• 9000's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • NEVER TRUST ME ITS A WARNING
  • Thank you received: 848
People in this game are making bad usernames I don't get it he thinks its so funny this guy calls him self Ebola virus but would he think its funny if he gets Ebola and in the chat he started saying vomit vomit vomit well its obvious that's his a kid but we should do a usernMe rule or update that makes u not change ur username to anything bad like swear words or things that can heart people.!so plz superman ban this guys.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manfred, woospy, TXLAWMAN, WB|War hawk1-5

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by 9000.

Horrible people 9 years 6 months ago #219728

• |111th| Jøker
  • 111th Falcon Squadron
  • Thank you received: 24
i brought him down dozens of times... this ebola guy is weak...
Here we go...
The following user(s) said Thank You: 9000

Horrible people 9 years 6 months ago #219742

• ZebraUp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Flying & Fighting with STYLE!
  • Thank you received: 4244

That's a very mild name in comparison to many of the potty-mouths on here.. I'd rather see that than a pilot flying with the name ________ or ______ _______ (fill in the blanks with whatever foul-mouthed curse words you can come up with.. most likely there is a player using that name... :pinch: )

I think zuperman should go thru the list of thousands & thousands of pilots and delete any using seriously nasty names..
The following user(s) said Thank You: woospy, alpha, bravo

Horrible people 9 years 6 months ago #219779

• Angelic Silencer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Who is this mysterious person who only Silences???
  • Thank you received: 291
maybe there should be a word sensor for the names too...like there is for the chat lobbies......
Silencing.....Silencing.....Silencing.....now only if i could mute people.....

Horrible people 9 years 6 months ago #219835

• woospy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • --Enigma Squad Member-- [e] Titus Pullo
  • Thank you received: 417

ZebraUp wrote: That's a very mild name in comparison to many of the potty-mouths on here.. I'd rather see that than a pilot flying with the name ________ or ______ _______ (fill in the blanks with whatever foul-mouthed curse words you can come up with.. most likely there is a player using that name... :pinch: )

I think zuperman should go thru the list of thousands & thousands of pilots and delete any using seriously nasty names..

without forget the usernames of people who endeed their political or military career in front of a tribunal for mass murder and any other war crimes / against the humanity.

Past / and also very recent history.

Horrible people 9 years 6 months ago #219866

• baron rojo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 3431

Con estas cosas no se debe jugar,no habra miles de nombres para poner? Tienen que herir a la gente o no poner nada y poner una raya.es deleznable se deberia perseguir y hechar del juego a esta gente.me gustaria saber si estos tontos padeciesen o algun familiar suyo esta enfermedad maldita,si pondrian igual en su nombre.solo a un idiota se le puede icurrir no lo entiendo, es patético.un saludo
The following user(s) said Thank You: R E Z

Horrible people 9 years 6 months ago #219867

• baron rojo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

These things should not be played, there will be thousands of names to put? They have to hurt people or not putting anything and put a raya.es is despicable and should pursue the game's take this gente.me wonder if these fools or any family member should suffer this damn disease, if you would put the same in his name. Only an idiot you can not understand icurrir,

Horrible people 9 years 6 months ago #219870

• Manfred
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Just Manfred
  • Thank you received: 3866
FYI, some of the previous mods had suggested to Z that we go into the name list and ban the seriously bad names, the ones that by any yardstick were clearly offensive without debate. He said No. I think he wanted us to focus on the nasties that were actually playing the game. As I have mentioned before, a primary goal of mods was to reduce Z's time fielding emails.

So instead, we responded to the complaints that came in through the forum, mostly from the blacklist thread. Those included some offensive names that players posted screenshots of. I banned a bunch of those, and later got feedback that I shouldn't be banning so many players. I imagine that Z was getting more complaints from the banned players than he was from complaining players.

Anyway, I think that zapping players just for their names is not going to be a high priority, if history is any indication.

Manfred
The following user(s) said Thank You: woospy

Horrible people 9 years 6 months ago #219871

• R E Z
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 771

As battlefields go in online war games... it's a nice place to escape to from modern day daily problems. DF would be more fun if people could refrain from using their political opinions in their name. Gee, I can think of one right off....
The following user(s) said Thank You: woospy

Horrible people 9 years 6 months ago #219896

• Weather[*M]an
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • C'est la vie
  • Thank you received: 2065
A name is just a tag on a screen. Can't offend you if you don't let it. People have opinions and this is a game of free speech (to a certain degree). So I don't think in game names are a real issue here. There are much bigger fish to fry.
Ignorance has a way of enlightening us all.

Horrible people 9 years 6 months ago #219996

• baron rojo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

before the mods did good things, no doubt Mr. manfred you did good work, and wanted to do other things other than the head dejaron.si will not let you work you can not work well for sencillo.otros they skipped all the rules and there could be an example of anything, that's true too and did much damage to juego.tiempo !! names it is certainly free to choose, but do not believe that we are already mayorcitos to not put stupid? are names that somehow can annoy people, and some much, you should not make jokes about serious things like ebola or other should not politicize everything and generalize, yet no matter what other greeting ofensa.un be a

Horrible people 9 years 6 months ago #220005

• woospy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Manfred wrote: FYI, some of the previous mods had suggested to Z that we go into the name list and ban the seriously bad names, the ones that by any yardstick were clearly offensive without debate. He said No. I think he wanted us to focus on the nasties that were actually playing the game. As I have mentioned before, a primary goal of mods was to reduce Z's time fielding emails.

So instead, we responded to the complaints that came in through the forum, mostly from the blacklist thread. Those included some offensive names that players posted screenshots of. I banned a bunch of those, and later got feedback that I shouldn't be banning so many players. I imagine that Z was getting more complaints from the banned players than he was from complaining players.

Anyway, I think that zapping players just for their names is not going to be a high priority, if history is any indication.

Manfred

Many thanks Manfred for these explanations, and for your work as a mod and all the other mods in each squadron and our squadron leaders.

(That explains to me some answers i got in the past....)

Horrible people 9 years 6 months ago #220008

• [*M] MISFIT CROCKETT
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 13215
Good morning all.

First off let me say that REZ is one of the nicer folks in the game and well respected. The name is something most everyone finds funny, we do have a lot of fun with it, and this game is about fun. It's only a username though, meant for laughs, it's not vulgar like some (although the name obama should be and is vulgar)

There has only been a few that didn't like it, everyone else is having fun with it.

Horrible people 9 years 6 months ago #220012

• MsGuided
  • Thank you received: 12
Well Mr. Crockett, it seems to me that it is a name that is meant to cause arguements over political opinions. It seems to me that you are using it as a way to invite ppl to comment on it so you can justify your bashing of a politician. Not only that, but in a game with you today, it invited another player to make racist comments. Your "username" is inappropriate, sir. If you cannot see this, I have pity for you. From what I have heard about you, you are a nice guy. If this is true, it is beyond me why you choose to use a game name that is meant to cause strife. It's not just a joke. I'm sure you will disagree with me, which will only prove your lack of understanding of common sense. This is not an attack on you or your political beliefs or party. This is a person, A REAL PERSON, that does find your username offensive. You can no longer say, "it's not offensive", because you now know that it is offensive TO ME. If you even care.
The following user(s) said Thank You: R E Z

Last edit: by MsGuided.

Horrible people 9 years 6 months ago #220016

• [*M] MISFIT CROCKETT
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I think you are MS GUIDED LOL

Horrible people 9 years 6 months ago #220017

• [M]yGUNNZZ
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 1768

MsGuided wrote: Well Mr. Crockett, it seems to me that it is a name that is meant to cause arguements over political opinions. It seems to me that you are using it as a way to invite ppl to comment on it so you can justify your bashing of a politician. Not only that, but in a game with you today, it invited another player to make racist comments. Your "username" is inappropriate, sir. If you cannot see this, I have pity for you. From what I have heard about you, you are a nice guy. If this is true, it is beyond me why you choose to use a game name that is meant to cause strife. It's not just a joke. I'm sure you will disagree with me, which will only prove your lack of understanding of common sense. This is not an attack on you or your political beliefs or party. This is a person, A REAL PERSON, that does find your username offensive. You can no longer say, "it's not offensive", because you now know that it is offensive TO ME. If you even care.

wtf??Crockett and rez have inappropriate names?? You got to be kidding me...Personally I think thats whats wrong with the world today if one person takes offensive to something they call it racial or inappropriate and fact is if you don't like or agree with it "just move along"!! We all have different opinions, houses, cars and beliefs and if your are different then mine OH WELL!!! That's why were all different people!!!AMERICA IS HOME OF THE FREE!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: 9000, MsGuided

Horrible people 9 years 6 months ago #220025

• BTJ582
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2533
I would like to add my ex wife to the list.

I am an ex-submarine sailor who has taken the battle to the sky.

Horrible people 9 years 6 months ago #220028

• BTJ582
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2533

BTJ582 wrote: I would like to add my ex wife to the list.

Oops! I just realized this thread is about usernames and not a list of real people. So sorry.

I am an ex-submarine sailor who has taken the battle to the sky.

Horrible people 9 years 6 months ago #220047

• MsGuided
  • Thank you received: 12
Gunnerz, I think you MsRead my comments. Nobody said anything about Rez's name. Mr. Crockett try to explain why his game user name is not offensive. Maybe offensive is the wrong word. Obama Sucks or Obama is Joke, is inappropriate. These names are inflammatory. The only reason to take such a name is together a rise out of someone. What is it thy call that? Oh yeah! Being a troll.

His name and only his named compelled another player to make racist comments in a game earlier today. We shouldn't encourage such behavior or is that OK in "the land of the free"? I do not think his "funny" names are racist, but it have somebody an excuse to dispay a racist attitude and believe. I only say it's inappropriate. It may offend me, but that's not a reason to change it.

If I flew around as "Tea Party Retard" it would be inappropriate (and redundant). I'm not sure why you decided to step in here. Your comments seem to indicate you do not understand what was posted and I'm sure I'm wasting my time.

Mr. Crockett, I do not believe your a racist or even a bad guy. The use of the names is what is misguided. From what I've read, you're banner is even meant to be inflammatory. Maybe you have a right to be mad at someone or several. I saw on the proposed mod thread that you threw your name in the mix. If you really want a position like that, I would think you would understand what I am saying. I'm not attacking you and I don't plan to post again.

Gunnerz, thank you for your opinions. I just wanted to explain. My point of view. That's allowed in the land of the free too.

Had Mr. Crockett not decided to defend that, I would not have been compelled to say anything.
The following user(s) said Thank You: woospy, [M]yGUNNZZ

Horrible people 9 years 6 months ago #220048

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Misguided can I talk to u on world chat plz

Horrible people 9 years 6 months ago #220050

• woospy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

G.I Gunnerzz wrote: We all have different opinions, houses, cars and beliefs and if your are different then mine OH WELL!!! That's why were all different people!!!AMERICA IS HOME OF THE FREE!!!

LOL

Hey Gunnerzz, i do not know why but if i open my windows and throw my smartphone outside, there is 0 % of chance that it lands in America ...

(By the way i love your country ... :kiss: )

Horrible people 9 years 6 months ago #220055

• [*M] MISFIT CROCKETT
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

MsGuided wrote: Gunnerz, I think you MsRead my comments. Nobody said anything about Rez's name. Mr. Crockett try to explain why his game user name is not offensive. Maybe offensive is the wrong word. Obama Sucks or Obama is Joke, is inappropriate. These names are inflammatory. The only reason to take such a name is together a rise out of someone. What is it thy call that? Oh yeah! Being a troll.

His name and only his named compelled another player to make racist comments in a game earlier today. We shouldn't encourage such behavior or is that OK in "the land of the free"? I do not think his "funny" names are racist, but it have somebody an excuse to dispay a racist attitude and believe. I only say it's inappropriate. It may offend me, but that's not a reason to change it.

If I flew around as "Tea Party Retard" it would be inappropriate (and redundant). I'm not sure why you decided to step in here. Your comments seem to indicate you do not understand what was posted and I'm sure I'm wasting my time.

Mr. Crockett, I do not believe your a racist or even a bad guy. The use of the names is what is misguided. From what I've read, you're banner is even meant to be inflammatory. Maybe you have a right to be mad at someone or several. I saw on the proposed mod thread that you threw your name in the mix. If you really want a position like that, I would think you would understand what I am saying. I'm not attacking you and I don't plan to post again.

Gunnerz, thank you for your opinions. I just wanted to explain. My point of view. That's allowed in the land of the free too.

Had Mr. Crockett not decided to defend that, I would not have been compelled to say anything.

Hello MsGuided, if you were to have a name "tea party sucks", well so what, its a name and your opinion. Your opinion is fine and we should be able to express it, anywhere and anytime. We would probably have a great laugh over it, if the MOM where to have a banner of a bear chocking DAVY Crockett it would be hilarious, it would not offend me, most moms that I talk to thought it was all funny. You would have to know the history behind it.
I didn't do two tours in Vietnam to have someone tell me I can't express an opinion on a game name.

And no I am not a racist, trust me, it's not his color, it's his policy's or lack thereof.

I would never criticize your name unless It was vulgar as some are.i also would not criticize your opinions as long as they were just opinions and not attacks. I will see you in game. Take care.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [M]yGUNNZZ

Horrible people 9 years 6 months ago #220057

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
HAHAHA A BEAR CHOCKING DAVEY CROCKET THAT IS FUNNYoh sorry lmao :woohoo: sorry but that is true like who's username is Obama sucks that's there opinion don't change someone's opinions.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [M]yGUNNZZ

Horrible people 9 years 6 months ago #220059

• Weather[*M]an
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • C'est la vie
  • Thank you received: 2065
Non issue nothing to see here. Move along folks. The issue here is that you make a mountain out of a mole hill.
Ignorance has a way of enlightening us all.

Horrible people 9 years 6 months ago #220085

• Manfred
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Just Manfred
  • Thank you received: 3866

Weather[*M]an wrote: ... mountain out of a mole hill.

I think I just found my next username! Thanks!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Weather[*M]an

Horrible people 9 years 6 months ago #220090

• woospy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Manfred wrote:

Weather[*M]an wrote: ... mountain out of a mole hill.

I think I just found my next username! Thanks!

[ ] EbolaSucks

is still free

Horrible people 9 years 6 months ago #220091

• woospy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
(I am an horrible people)

• Page: