• Page:

TOPIC:

MAKE A MID TIER SERVER ZUP 9 years 7 months ago #207112

• phoenix22
  • phoenix22's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 174
ZUP MAKE A MID TIER SERVER BECAUSE I CANT STAND GOING AGAINST THE BEST PLANES IN THE GAME ANYMORE! I CANT TELL YOU HOW MANY TIMES IVE DIED DUE TO THEM. Its not fun for me to play your game anymore because I get killed every 15 seconds by MORAFs. And don't say it makes me better because I've actually gotten WORSE,I can't even shoot anything anymore,not even the engine on the zep,and I used to almost never miss,I can barely keep my kdr positive by tank kills,and killing other mid tier players. Mid tier players are a challenge,top tier players are impossible to kill unless I get lucky
I'm a flaming chicken

Please Log in to join the conversation.

MAKE A MID TIER SERVER ZUP 9 years 7 months ago #207118

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • NEVER TRUST ME ITS A WARNING
  • Thank you received: 848
I HEAR U TO ONCE I WAS PLAYING AGAINST BHFOUST CALLE EL RAPIDO AND BLACK SHADOW
AND THERE WAS 2 LEVEL 16 AND 1 LEVEL 12 IT WAS SO UNFAIR BUT I TRIED MY BEST AND I GOT MYSELF 12 KILLS AGAINST 2 MORAFS AND 1 LEVEL 28

MAKE A MID TIER SERVER ZUP 9 years 7 months ago #207140

• [£] Pie of Jerry
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Delicious & DEADLY....... La vie est belle!
  • Thank you received: 591

Stop talking in caps :\
And why don't you ask nicely :ohmy:
IN YOUR OVEN OR ON YOUR SIX!

The following user(s) said Thank You: [TFL] Robert33, Dr CurtisShoe

Last edit: by [£] Pie of Jerry.

MAKE A MID TIER SERVER ZUP 9 years 7 months ago #207141

• phoenix22
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

=£=Pie of Jerry wrote: Stop talking in caps :\
And why don't you ask nicely :ohmy:

the more I play,the more money zip makes,we are all technically his bosses. But I was frustrated when I wrote this. Zup this is an awesome game,but I really need a mid tier server to fully enjoy it,and I'm sure other noobs like me feel the same.
I'm a flaming chicken

MAKE A MID TIER SERVER ZUP 9 years 7 months ago #207476

• ZebraUp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Flying & Fighting with STYLE!
  • Thank you received: 4244

I have to say that I agree with pheonix22 that a mid-tier server for pilots could be a good thing, because I know there are many newer pilots that are getting discouraged once they make it out of the beginners servers. Not saying they should be coddled but dang, the upper servers now are beyond cut throat. Personally I get no joy in shooting down guys in tier 2 & 3 planes because they literally have next to no chance to be a factor in a dogfight or capture the carrier or zep missions. The only missions they have a chance in at all are bombing missions only because of the long range shooting stuff and even then they're handicapped by lack of ammo.

But instead I would really like to see zuperman make it so that planes of the same time period flew against each other!
I seriously doubt that the pilot of an Airco DH.2 EVER saw a Siemens-Schuckert D.IV or Fokker D.VII in the air with him.. or the chances a Eindecker pilot would see a Sopwith Camel or even a Spad were about ZERO!

So zuperman how about populating missions with planes that actually flew against each other in the same time period of the war???
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate, [TFL] Robert33, phoenix22

Last edit: by ZebraUp.

MAKE A MID TIER SERVER ZUP 9 years 7 months ago #207489

• [£] Pie of Jerry
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

I had been bullied by upper level guys, but if people really want to play they should sharpen there skills through practice. I personally practiced on Morafs and level 30 guys who would shoot me every time. I kept at it and now my aim is much better and i have a 50% or more chance for shooting any Moraf or higher level player down. I mean I was double amount of deaths to kills and now ive switched that. It just takes persistence and effort. :cheer: :)
I don't know about the matching up of planes though :S

Last edit: by [£] Pie of Jerry.

MAKE A MID TIER SERVER ZUP 9 years 7 months ago #209598

• BLDMS7144|FR|
  • Thank you received: 5
I agree with u back in the noob servers i was quickly gaining my skills and evuantly became the ruler of the noob server and everybody was coopertive and played fiar when i finaly made it to pro servers disaster came i kept on getting shot down by top tier planes and same has happened for me these past couple of months a did grow in skill but i keep getting killed by lv 25 and higher and df has lost its fun i enjoyed df in the noob servers but now not so much i did have alot of friends in pro servers now.Pro servers became most annoying when u play with the top 100 i remember this dogfight match ihad a good kdr then zebraup came and destroyed all the confidence and happiness i had then a bunch of us the the conversation about a middle server for those who struggle against the morafs.In conclusion zup u stopped the flying razor rampage now stop the moraf rampage!!!!!!
1st try a total lost. Dont worry 2nd try is the charm! BLDMS7144 future ace in training,watch the skies!!

MAKE A MID TIER SERVER ZUP 9 years 7 months ago #209604

• darraxx
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 10674
No lower.severs are a bad idea. Learn to shoot and kill. We just had the severs opens up again. The only thing segregated severs produced was a bunch of guys that cry its to hard. Well that is what the game is. Its supposed to be hard. If you spent more time flying 22 and less time on the forum. You would learn. But you choose to leave any game where you get shot down more than twice. Tip carry a bomb it keeps you more stable. And when someone offers to give you tips. Don't think your so good you don't need them. I have been one that's tried to help you bit you seem to know the ins and outs of the game. Since you say that your so great at everything. Why do you keep saying that we need this and that. For someone as good as you are you should be able to kill at will. No stop bitching and put your money where your mouth is.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 111th|Royal Flush, [£] Pie of Jerry

MAKE A MID TIER SERVER ZUP 9 years 7 months ago #209791

• phoenix22
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

darraxx wrote: No lower.severs are a bad idea. Learn to shoot and kill. We just had the severs opens up again. The only thing segregated severs produced was a bunch of guys that cry its to hard. Well that is what the game is. Its supposed to be hard. If you spent more time flying 22 and less time on the forum. You would learn. But you choose to leave any game where you get shot down more than twice. Tip carry a bomb it keeps you more stable. And when someone offers to give you tips. Don't think your so good you don't need them. I have been one that's tried to help you bit you seem to know the ins and outs of the game. Since you say that your so great at everything. Why do you keep saying that we need this and that. For someone as good as you are you should be able to kill at will. No stop bitching and put your money where your mouth is.

When have I been bragging? I play this game all the time,not posting on the forum. Bombs make me slower,I carry when I choose to,not when you tell me to. I can fly fine,but always get out turned. Sierra hotel uniform sierra hotel
I'm a flaming chicken

MAKE A MID TIER SERVER ZUP 9 years 7 months ago #209793

• 111th|Royal Flush
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Play your cards, show us what you've got...
  • Thank you received: 590

phoenix22 wrote:

darraxx wrote: No lower.severs are a bad idea. Learn to shoot and kill. We just had the severs opens up again. The only thing segregated severs produced was a bunch of guys that cry its to hard. Well that is what the game is. Its supposed to be hard. If you spent more time flying 22 and less time on the forum. You would learn. But you choose to leave any game where you get shot down more than twice. Tip carry a bomb it keeps you more stable. And when someone offers to give you tips. Don't think your so good you don't need them. I have been one that's tried to help you bit you seem to know the ins and outs of the game. Since you say that your so great at everything. Why do you keep saying that we need this and that. For someone as good as you are you should be able to kill at will. No stop bitching and put your money where your mouth is.

When have I been bragging? I play this game all the time,not posting on the forum. Bombs make me slower,I carry when I choose to,not when you tell me to. I can fly fine,but always get out turned. Sierra hotel uniform sierra hotel

a few comments on this....
first....this is exactly what hes talking about...he gives you some (really good) advice and you shove it away saying that you know better. Darrax is one of the best pilots in the game....so shut up and listen to him, even if you choose not to take his advice, he still knows better than you.

second....to this entre idea....NO! want to know how the top 100 got so good? most of them played from level 1 against morafs back when there was no noob server. I came up through the ranks when the noob server was everyone level 7 and under. when I hit level 8 I got destroyed. but I fought back and learned to fight better and shoot straighter. now many players find me quite difficult to go up against....exactly the type of player you are bitching about. not everybody is good at the game...don't EVER tell yourself that you can be naturally good when you first start. only ZIZA can say that....but that's a different story. you are new....you are a noob....so shut your mouth, and pull the trigger...don't complain...train...I used to hate flying against morafs for te same reasons as you....then I said...I cant escape them....so I decided to fight them instead of avoid them...and now top players like swopcaml, crocket, reckless, and others tell me how skilled ive become....all through PRACTICE. so please keep the noob server and the big boy server......its no fun flying against players of identical stats as you....same plane same rank.....then those players who spend money on the game would dominate because they would have the best planes before everyone else....and NOBODY would have fun then except for those with extra money to throw at stuff like this. NEWSFLASH! MOST OF US PLAY THIS GAME FOR FUN AND WE DONT SPEND MONEY ON IT BECAUSE WE DONT HAVE THE MONEY TO SPEND ON IT!

third.....you spend (or spent) a ton of time on the forum...

OK. im done now!
The following user(s) said Thank You: [£] Pie of Jerry

MAKE A MID TIER SERVER ZUP 9 years 7 months ago #209795

• AOV|Dragon Levi
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • If your RED your Dead!!
  • Thank you received: 238
Sorry it needs to stay the way it is if you can't handle the heat get the hell out the kitchen!! There is a game called CANDY CRUSH play that if you can't handle dogfight! End of story now drop the bitching and nagging if I wanted to see or read it I would just talk to my wife! Now I said my part in out

MAKE A MID TIER SERVER ZUP 9 years 7 months ago #209809

• Viper10{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Tip of the spear
  • Thank you received: 7914

Im sure this will make me unpopular with some folks but no big deal, I felt compelled to weigh in.

Dogfight is a game and games should be fun. That being said if the game isn't fun for folks they will stop coming back. Can you fight your way through game after game of top tier guys and eventually make it to the top while honing your skills? Most likely. However there are some folks who are just going to say "why bother?" since getting continuously owned gets old after the billionth time, and will leave.

My take on it is as follows; win or lose a fair and evenly matched game is better for both sides, fun for both sides, and will keep people playing regardless of their skill level.

I cannot speak for Zup or anyone else and say whether another server is feasible or cost effective but I certainly can empathize with Phoenix22 and will personally shy away from games with either a) the wall of red MORAFS, or b) the game where I am 10 levels above everyone else. I like a fair fight, win or lose. That is what makes a fun experience for me, and I suspect others as well.

I noticed the folks who are in the "suck it up and fly anyway and get better" camp are all MORAF or close to it. You have your point, it will make you better, but Pheonix22 has his point too, it gets old quickly and some people may be inclined to look for other games as an alternative.

Maybe a mid level server, or a period correct aircraft server, would be a good idea, and also good for the overall community from a have fun while gaming standpoint.

Personally I am happy the way it is because I can pick and choose what games I enter, what games I leave, and am not driven so much by stats but rather a fun and challenging game.

United We Prowl/Together We Howl
The following user(s) said Thank You: ZebraUp, DireWolf{WP****}

MAKE A MID TIER SERVER ZUP 9 years 7 months ago #209813

• darraxx
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 10674
May. I say one thing. When I started the severs were open. The plane you started with absolutely sucked. The new first plane is way better. I couldn't shoot. Or turn I was basically just a target. Hell I didn't even know.how to get in my ranks. So I watched and asked questions. And then one day I said I'm.sick of being shot down and I set a goal for myself. I wasn't any good but i forced myself to do it. I wanted to be a moraf I wanted to show people that I can do it. I see the point of the new guys wanting to play in a separate server. Bit when they get in the upper sever their world shatters. And they go off the deep end. If you stop and think a lvl 7 is like a moraf to a lvl 1. And when the lvl 7 pilots hits the big server he is suddenly back to being lvl 1. So what could be more frustrating than being dropped all the way down the food chain. Its beat they know and learn from the day they start. And they can take pride in themselves for doing what seems impossible. Every Guy I see rank.up in a game is walking tall that day. That's what makes this game great

MAKE A MID TIER SERVER ZUP 9 years 7 months ago #209815

• Viper10{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Tip of the spear
  • Thank you received: 7914

Darraxx, I am not trying to be argumentative or disrespectful but from everything I have read the game has changed somewhat since when you started. From what I have read it is more difficult nowadays for the new folks due primarily to the differences in available aircraft.

You are correct, everyone who levels up is walking tall. Consider this: with the addition of a mid-level server one possible result would be by the time a player gets into the top tier server he would be more experienced and have a better aircraft which would allow him to be more competitive at the top level. That would in effect make the top games more challenging for the players there, as everyone would be experienced and have some skills in the various aspects of the game. Also, they would be less inclined to leave and leave a lopsided training mission for one side or the other.

Again I would like to emphasize I have no idea whether or not a mid level server would be feasible for Zup, but I think it would be win/win for the overall dogfight community.

Darraxx I can testify you are an outstanding pilot and a fun competitor. I enjoy flying in games with you.

United We Prowl/Together We Howl
The following user(s) said Thank You: ZebraUp

MAKE A MID TIER SERVER ZUP 9 years 7 months ago #209827

• [£] Pie of Jerry
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

I still get owed by pilots such a Darraxx, so you guys are not alone, but i also think it is fun to see if i can get a lucky kill in there and even maybe a bombing in btc, or btb :evil:
Tip: CARRY ONE BOMB, YOUR LESS SLOW, if no ones told you yet which i hope they have....

MAKE A MID TIER SERVER ZUP 9 years 7 months ago #209862

• Weather[*M]an
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • C'est la vie
  • Thank you received: 2065
I personally doubt this is currently feasible on Zup's end or currently beneficial to the community. Earn your stripes and respect the hard way. Many of us have.
Ignorance has a way of enlightening us all.

MAKE A MID TIER SERVER ZUP 9 years 7 months ago #209909

• [NLR] McFate
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't believe everything you think.
  • Thank you received: 5398

Viper10{WP} wrote:
...Maybe a mid level server, or a period correct aircraft server, would be a good idea, and also good for the overall community from a have fun while gaming standpoint.

Personally I am happy the way it is because I can pick and choose what games I enter, what games I leave, and am not driven so much by stats but rather a fun and challenging game.

Maybe the "mid level server" could even replace the "noob" server. If it were open to all, imagine how the game dynamics would change.

All players who entered the top server would be their by choice. Maybe it should be called "the advanced server? You would not get so many of the clueless messing up the more advanced games. The competition in the top server would be a higher skill level on average. I think this would be a great change! The only "downside" :P would be that high ranks would have a harder time padding their stats by obliterating low and mid level players unless they went down to the "kiddie pool" but then they would not have such an equipment advantage.

The lower server could be limited to planes with a maximum upgrade level of 4 (just like the good ole days?). It would help to level.the playing field. What is not to like about that? How often do the upper ranked players really fly the lower tier planes? Sure, some do but it's kind of a novelty at a certain point. If you wanted to opt for a lower tier plane you would still be able to in either server. Personally I would like to fly the lower tiers more but as it is when I do there are often times when I wish I had made a different choice once a few certain higher ranks spawn in.

Several.high ranks have said things in effect "if you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen" Well the game needs players. The more players who come and stay the better off echoboom will be. If you can't see that the highest ranks are driving off casual players, you may not have introduced many new players to the game. My son's have invited many of their friends and got them up and going right until they get into the upper server. That is where most of them give up. Maybe they don't have the mettle. Maybe they would just rather spend their time elsewhere. Either way echoboom just lost customers and the dogfight community just lost some fresh meat.

It would definitely change some of the player demographics(based on skill and talent) but there would still be a place for higher skilled players to play against higher skilled players and an "advanced" server would provide a challenge for newer players who strive to better their skills. Think about it. If you saw a low rank fighting it out in the upper server, wouldn't they gain some respect just for their display of grit? I think those would be the guys who squads would be most interested in recruiting. B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Viper10{WP}, phoenix22

Last edit: by [NLR] McFate.

MAKE A MID TIER SERVER ZUP 9 years 7 months ago #209913

• phoenix22
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
I don't see how it would cause players to complain,going from fighting aspirants to fighting MORAFs after ten games causes people to complain,even just doing what mcfate says would help alot. Why does it matter how much time I spend on the forum? Why do you care? Does me posting on the forum somehow make me bad at the game?
I'm a flaming chicken

MAKE A MID TIER SERVER ZUP 9 years 7 months ago #209915

• [NLR] McFate
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't believe everything you think.
  • Thank you received: 5398

phoenix22 wrote: .... Why does it matter how much time I spend on the forum? Why do you care? Does me posting on the forum somehow make me bad at the game?

Oh, :blush:

I guess that's why I'm so awful. :evil:

MAKE A MID TIER SERVER ZUP 9 years 7 months ago #209917

• phoenix22
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

McFate wrote:

phoenix22 wrote: .... Why does it matter how much time I spend on the forum? Why do you care? Does me posting on the forum somehow make me bad at the game?

Oh, :blush:

I guess that's why I'm so awful. :evil:

lol
I'm a flaming chicken

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.808 seconds