Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Different server rankings 9 years 9 months ago #198567

• Angelic Silencer
  • Angelic Silencer's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Who is this mysterious person who only Silences???
  • Thank you received: 291
ok..... heres the problem.... there are people with lower planes stuck playing matches with higher planes.... and they die a lot of course.
there is really no way around it....these players with lower qualities planes...just get butchered....its very hard them to even hold their own.....
so my request is a way to redo the server ranking system, instead of making it go by player's levels, make it to where its by the plane you choose... Maybe have a lower tier pane server....medium plane tier server.... and then higher plane tier server.
(unless they buy with real money or watch the advertisements, which only windows people can do, there is really no way for a level 13 person to even afford an a fully upgraded albatross(meduim tier plane),so how can u expect them to compete with the increasing numbers of D8s and F1s?)

(and before any of those annoying people even try to mention that I am doing this because I am jealous or something, I do have the almost all planes fully upgraded, my D8 and F1 are fully upgraded, I am just doing this because I think its slightly unfair to the lower ones who can't get much kills or bombings when the higher players are present)
Silencing.....Silencing.....Silencing.....now only if i could mute people.....

The following user(s) said Thank You: Viper10{WP}

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Angelic Silencer.

Different server rankings 9 years 9 months ago #198582

• bellsaj
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 3094
You need to reduce the size on your banner. It makes part of your post not visible.

700 pixels wide is a good size for a banner.
Don´t live life faster then your guardian angel can fly
The following user(s) said Thank You: Killer!, Mac

Different server rankings 9 years 9 months ago #198583

• ZebraUp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Flying & Fighting with STYLE!
  • Thank you received: 4244

I agree Silencer.

In WWI I seriously doubt that by the time the Fokker D.VIII was introduced that there was a single Airco DH.2 flying in the air to get shot down by it.. nor do I think there were there any Eindeckers flying around to be shot down by Sopwith Camels!

I would like to see something similar to what you suggest.. if it's even possible for zuperman to do it. Missions should be populated with planes from the same time periods.. (i.e. Airco DH.2's & Nieuport XI's versus Eindeckers & Albatros D.III's ...&.. Fokker Dr.1's & D.VII's & D.VIII's versus SE5a's & Sopwith Tripehounds & Camel F.1's....... with the other not mentioned middle tier planes entering missions more based on the rank/skill of the pilot as to whether they migrate to the upper or lower missions..)
The following user(s) said Thank You: [TFL] Robert33, Viper10{WP}

Different server rankings 9 years 9 months ago #198589

• Yellow1Blaze
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • More than what meets the eye.
  • Thank you received: 100
I say yes I 100% agree
but I learned the hard way, getting butchered, but as soon as I got the spad I was fine, until the updates and now im back where I started, getting butchered a little bit, but not all the time, I agree it would be more historically correct to face fighters from the same time period, I would love that, because It will give me time to get out of the negatives, and buy planes.

Your Friendly DFNews Anchorman
Lets Rise
Attachments:

Different server rankings 9 years 9 months ago #198601

• Viper10{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Tip of the spear
  • Thank you received: 7914

I thought there was a difference in the servers in that it would keep the more experienced players separate from the less experienced players, and that was a good thing. More and more lower ranking people are showing up in the games I am in and frankly I have been leaving them alone mostly because I know what its like, getting butchered. In the spirit of promoting the game I personally feel if they get butchered mercilessly you wont be quick to come back and we, the dogfight community, lose potential players. Just my take on it. I hope this gets sorted out somehow.

United We Prowl/Together We Howl

Different server rankings 9 years 9 months ago #198604

• bellsaj
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 3094

Viper10{WP} wrote: I thought there was a difference in the servers in that it would keep the more experienced players separate from the less experienced players, and that was a good thing. More and more lower ranking people are showing up in the games I am in and frankly I have been leaving them alone mostly because I know what its like, getting butchered. In the spirit of promoting the game I personally feel if they get butchered mercilessly you wont be quick to come back and we, the dogfight community, lose potential players. Just my take on it. I hope this gets sorted out somehow.

The "noobs" that pop up in the big league is those that have a good k/d ratios. It's no longer only based on what level a player has.
Don´t live life faster then your guardian angel can fly
The following user(s) said Thank You: Killer!

Different server rankings 9 years 9 months ago #198609

• Viper10{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Tip of the spear

I had no idea. In my experience they still don't fare very well in the big league. It seems a good idea to "reward" them a visit to the big league based on their k/d ratio but they don't seem to fare too well, which to me is counterproductive. Maybe, like Zebra suggested, they could go to the experienced games based on what plane they are in. I have no idea what that would require from a software engineering standpoint but from a gameplay standpoint it seems reasonable.

The following user(s) said Thank You: ZebraUp

Different server rankings 9 years 9 months ago #198744

• phoenix22
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 174
As a guy who is 3k away from my first plane buy,getting into those servers and going against MORAFs with better planes is hard,not only hard but impossible,I just simply can't out turn or outrun them,I say take people with similar planes AND kd ratios and put them together,as I am a very good pilot with a bad plane,going against very good pilots with amazing planes. Silencer started this thread after me complaining in chat about it,so thanks silencer
I'm a flaming chicken

Different server rankings 9 years 9 months ago #198752

• Yellow1Blaze
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
ive been through the same

Lets Rise

Different server rankings 9 years 9 months ago #198755

• ZebraUp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Yeah, I have to totally agree with you newer players now.. when I first started last November the disparity between the lowest tier planes & the top planes was a big gulf, but not as insurmountable as it is now. By the time the new players purchased their first plane they were still highly out-classed by the upper aircraft, (I used to be killed TONS by Dr Dave & Arkangel & many others lol!) but at least they were able to have fun shooting down planes that were just a tier above or below them (depending on their skills) yet by the time they were able to save or purchase enough points to get a tier 3 Spad they finally had a plane that could stand up to most any other plane in the game.. & if they were a good enough pilot then they were even able to take on top tier planes provided they weren't also flown by top tier pilots lol!
Now regardless of who is flying a top tier plane, the planes themselves make newer pilots unable to compete, even if they finally were able to get a tier 3 plane.. something needs to be done more than just a lower server for new players.. something that combines plane specifications with the pilots statistics and experience.
Just my opinion.. I don't get any particular joy out of demolishing newer inexperienced pilots in inferior planes, nor do I think does it help the game to grow and attract more long-playing newer pilots.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate, Killer!, Viper10{WP}

Last edit: by ZebraUp.

Different server rankings 9 years 9 months ago #198769

• Viper10{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Tip of the spear

ZebraUp wrote: Yeah, I have to totally agree with you newer players now.. when I first started last November the disparity between the lowest tier planes & the top planes was a big gulf, but not as insurmountable as it is now. By the time the new players purchased their first plane they were still highly out-classed by the upper aircraft, (I used to be killed TONS by Dr Dave & Arkangel & many others lol!) but at least they were able to have fun shooting down planes that were just a tier above or below them (depending on their skills) yet by the time they were able to save or purchase enough points to get a tier 3 Spad they finally had a plane that could stand up to most any other plane in the game.. & if they were a good enough pilot then they were even able to take on top tier planes provided they weren't also flown by top tier pilots lol!
Now regardless of who is flying a top tier plane, the planes themselves make newer pilots unable to compete, even if they finally were able to get a tier 3 plane.. something needs to be done more than just a lower server for new players.. something that combines plane specifications with the pilots statistics and experience.
Just my opinion.. I don't get any particular joy out of demolishing newer inexperienced pilots in inferior planes, nor do I think does it help the game to grow and attract more long-playing newer pilots.

I absolutely couldn't agree more, nor could I have said this any better. I feel fortunate to have been playing since before the last few upgrades and was kept isolated from the upper echelon long enough to gain some skills and confidence.

Different server rankings 9 years 9 months ago #198779

• Angelic Silencer
  • Angelic Silencer's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Who is this mysterious person who only Silences???
  • Thank you received: 291

Viper10{WP} wrote: I had no idea. In my experience they still don't fare very well in the big league. It seems a good idea to "reward" them a visit to the big league based on their k/d ratio but they don't seem to fare too well, which to me is counterproductive. Maybe, like Zebra suggested, they could go to the experienced games based on what plane they are in. I have no idea what that would require from a software engineering standpoint but from a gameplay standpoint it seems reasonable.

ok.....this is how i kinda imagine those newbies...........
'awesome...my kdr is finally high enough for me to compete with the big guys....'
couple hours later
'....danget....couldn't barely get a single kill/hit on them.....now i'm on noob server again and my kdr is wrecked.....'
(now i do recognize that some of those neebies are pretty good.... had one hold me and another higher guy off all by himself on a bomb the base mission one time)
Silencing.....Silencing.....Silencing.....now only if i could mute people.....

Different server rankings 9 years 9 months ago #198780

• tKestrel old
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 3991

Wow I suggested this not even a week ago to the Dragons! Wow.

I havent had time to post the idea. Glad someone was able to though. I think keep the segeregation so the noobs can learn and the high ranks dont get cheap planes and get free kills, but add a new segregation on like say time of war. Not all these planes flew at the same time, once a newer plane took over the sky, the outdated ones become trainers, then eventually obsolete. Have the grouping of the planes overlap to so say the top in one teir will become the lower in the next tier up, so it balances out the game.
Retired in the skies of Dogfight.
Raising Hell in the skies of Warthunder
The following user(s) said Thank You: ZebraUp, Killer!

Different server rankings 9 years 9 months ago #198806

• baron rojo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 3431

the zuper already said in a post.los se.reunen great players and if more players come bajo.es level recognition has those players (are trained to fight enemies with stronger servers. (not sure if it has done asi.o was really it.

Different server rankings 9 years 9 months ago #198807

• [NLR] McFate
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't believe everything you think.
  • Thank you received: 5398
As I've mentioned before, having servers segregated by the Aircraft or era of the war would also allow for more appreciation of all of the planes Zuperman has recreated for this game.

I have all of the planes except the Camel. I like checking them all out and taking them up (especially the SPAD) but frequently regret it once I spawn into a game depending on the mission type or who else is playing.

If the era would not work as a seperating line, how about having the "lower server" not allow any plane able to have a 5th performance upgrade?
The following user(s) said Thank You: 1789

Different server rankings 9 years 9 months ago #198819

• phoenix22
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Just got back from a bomb the base mission,I looked at the ranks,lots of morafs,and me in an airco. I climbed to 1500 and bombed the base,was shot down(via d8)and was accused of being a coward for sneaking,I tried again,and at 1300 I was spotted,2mins later I died via d8. Something needs to be done,as I have already been back to the noob server several times,and as soon as I leave I'm destroyed,I only need 1k points for a new plane,but I can't get it.
I'm a flaming chicken
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate, Killer!

Different server rankings 9 years 9 months ago #198826

• Yellow1Blaze
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
get the german tear 3

Lets Rise

Different server rankings 9 years 9 months ago #198838

• ZebraUp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

pheonix22 wrote: Just got back from a bomb the base mission,I looked at the ranks,lots of morafs,and me in an airco. I climbed to 1500 and bombed the base,was shot down(via d8)and was accused of being a coward for sneaking,I tried again,and at 1300 I was spotted,2mins later I died via d8. Something needs to be done,as I have already been back to the noob server several times,and as soon as I leave I'm destroyed,I only need 1k points for a new plane,but I can't get it.

phoenix don't worry about what anyone calls you.. you are in the slowest plane in the air and you HELPED YOUR TEAM by going high and bombing a hangar! CONGRATS!!!

That is the bottom line.. you helping your team! There is NO WAY you can go up against a Fokker D.VIII in an Airco DH.2 and to do so would be FOOLISH!

Don't listen to anyone calling you a coward.. and after you're dead and respawn back on your airfield just lock your brakes (to make you invulnerable to incoming bullets) and simply point out the fact you are flying the wimpiest plane in Dogfight yet you STILL managed to help your team.. then next time instead of going high go around.. or down the middle.. mix it up a little and fly with superior planes for some protection.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Killer!, phoenix22

Different server rankings 9 years 9 months ago #198862

• ZebraUp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Oh, and in case you aren't aware you also get points for losing a mission.. so you will get the points you need for a new plane.. don't get discouraged.. we all got mangled when we first started out.. but it is a bigger difference between free planes & top planes now than it was just a few months ago.. so it certainly seems skewed against newer, more inexperienced players.. just hang in there!

Last edit: by ZebraUp.

Different server rankings 9 years 9 months ago #198873

• phoenix22
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Well,the problem is,it takes too long for an airco to get that high,and it does start to lose power past 1000 so I usually don't take a direct route,the problem is,after the first bomb they were looking for me
I'm a flaming chicken

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.457 seconds