TOPIC:

Zuperman: What do you think about plane grouping 9 years 10 months ago #192982

• 111th|On_Wings_oF
  • 111th|On_Wings_oF's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 91
Some Spad and D. VII love :) ?

Normally there's a typical path when buying planes that involve leap frogging tiers. Looking for the most bang for the buck if you will. In the past this most often was skipping the tier 3 or 4. (normally skipping the tier 3 German, and tier 4 Allied) To save for the long road to a tier 5 plane faster.
What I'd love to see then is tier 3 and 4 combined where the Nieport XVII, and the Spad XIII on the allied side. The Albatross DV and the Pfalz D. III on the German. Each with the same stats as the Albatross DV has now (4/4/4 when maxed) and each four costing the same. This offers four planes at the same time, with stats worth not leap frogging over, being and a good middle between the 3/3/3 2nd tier planes and the upper tier planes. This offers options where one can pick the plane they like the best, whether because it's the one flown by their favorite WW1 ace, or just they like it's appearance, rather then simply because of game stats. This adds a lot more verity of planes seen in the air which is a great thing to see.
I'd like it if the Albatross III could have the same stats as the Neuaport XI, 3/3/3 for equal German/Allied game play as well.

Like wise I'd love to see the famous D. VII moved to the same cost as the DV. I. At it's current price most will leap frog it to save up for the D. VIII faster I fear. Having two planes at the same tier on each side with the same cost would improve verity of planes in the air as well. Stats of each are not the same so selection would be on which plane best fits ones style, but the choice would not simply be about cost.

I just love the Spad and D. VIII. The Spad could hold it's own verses any plane in WW1. The D. VII was so well regarded it's the only plane mentioned by name in the Armistice. Only about 85 D. VIII's saw action verses thousands of D. VII's. To me personally at least it'd be more fun and immersive seeing it out numbering the D. VIII's in the air.

What do you think about this Zuperman? Or any others who have ideas.

Basically the same as now with only minor adjustment
Tier 1 - Airco D.H 2 2/3/2 maxed -vs.- E.III - 2/3/2 maxed
Tier 2 - Nieport XI -3/3/3 maxed -vs.- Albatross DIII -3/3/3 maxed
Tier 3 - Spad XIII and Nieport XVII - 4/4/4 maxed -vs.- Pfalz D.III and Albatross DV - 4/4/4 maxed
Tier 4 - SE5a and Triphound - 5/4/5 maxed or 4/5/5 maxed -vs.- DV. 1 and D. VII -5/4/5 maxed or 4/5/5 maxed
Tier 5 - Sopwith Camel - 5/5/5 maxed -vs.- D.VIII - 5/5/5 maxed
The following user(s) said Thank You: SkyDavis

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by 111th|On_Wings_oF.

Zuperman: What do you think about plane grouping 9 years 10 months ago #193014

• SkyDavis
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • 111th Falcon squad
  • Thank you received: 836

111th|On_Wings_oF wrote: Some Spad and D. VII love :) ?

Normally there's a typical path when buying planes that involve leap frogging tiers. Looking for the most bang for the buck if you will. In the past this most often was skipping the tier 3 or 4. (normally skipping the tier 3 German, and tier 4 Allied) To save for the long road to a tier 5 plane faster.
What I'd love to see then is tier 3 and 4 combined where the Nieport XVII, and the Spad XIII on the allied side. The Albatross DV and the Pfalz D. III on the German. Each with the same stats as the Albatross DV has now (4/4/4 when maxed) and each four costing the same. This offers four planes at the same time, with stats worth not leap frogging over, being and a good middle between the 3/3/3 2nd tier planes and the upper tier planes. This offers options where one can pick the plane they like the best, whether because it's the one flown by their favorite WW1 ace, or just they like it's appearance, rather then simply because of game stats. This adds a lot more verity of planes seen in the air which is a great thing to see.
I'd like it if the Albatross III could have the same stats as the Neuaport XI, 3/3/3 for equal German/Allied game play as well.

Like wise I'd love to see the famous D. VII moved to the same cost as the DV. I. At it's current price most will leap frog it to save up for the D. VIII faster I fear. Having two planes at the same tier on each side with the same cost would improve verity of planes in the air as well. Stats of each are not the same so selection would be on which plane best fits ones style, but the choice would not simply be about cost.

I just love the Spad and D. VIII. The Spad could hold it's own verses any plane in WW1. The D. VII was so well regarded it's the only plane mentioned by name in the Armistice. Only about 85 D. VIII's saw action verses thousands of D. VII's. To me personally at least it'd be more fun and immersive seeing it out numbering the D. VIII's in the air.

What do you think about this Zuperman? Or any others who have ideas.

Basically the same as now with only minor adjustment
Tier 1 - Airco D.H 2 2/3/2 maxed -vs.- E.III - 2/3/2 maxed
Tier 2 - Nieport XI -3/3/3 maxed -vs.- Albatross DIII -3/3/3 maxed
Tier 3 - Spad XIII and Nieport XVII - 4/4/4 maxed -vs.- Pfalz D.III and Albatross DV - 4/4/4 maxed
Tier 4 - SE5a and Triphound - 5/4/5 maxed or 4/5/5 maxed -vs.- DV. 1 and D. VII -5/4/5 maxed or 4/5/5 maxed
Tier 5 - Sopwith Camel - 5/5/5 maxed -vs.- D.VIII - 5/5/5 maxed

I would like to see the triple hound and that D7 with the same stats as the camel and the D8. In my opinion that would add more variety at the end game rather than everyone just flying the camel and the D8 like we did with the se5a and the D.V.A

Zuperman: What do you think about plane grouping 9 years 10 months ago #193211

• 111th|On_Wings_oF
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
True but the cost for the D. VIII and Camel reduces the number of them already. Something like 1.5 million upgraded right? I'm thinking no one would buy the D. VII over the D. VIII do to the 8's profile advantage if a tier 5. I agree though I do like the idea of mutable planes at tier 5 as well.

Zuperman: What do you think about plane grouping 9 years 10 months ago #193217

• SkyDavis
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • 111th Falcon squad
  • Thank you received: 836

111th|On_Wings_oF wrote: True but the cost for the D. VIII and Camel reduces the number of them already. Something like 1.5 million upgraded right? I'm thinking no one would buy the D. VII over the D. VIII do to the 8's profile advantage if a tier 5. I agree though I do like the idea of mutable planes at tier 5 as well.

I am sure they would by the d7 over the d8 if its cost and upgrade cost did not change.

Zuperman: What do you think about plane grouping 9 years 10 months ago #193395

• ZebraUp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Flying & Fighting with STYLE!
  • Thank you received: 4244

I would like to see planes grouped together in missions according to the time period when the planes were in the air battling against each other. I am relatively sure that in WWI a pilot of an Airco DH.2 never had to fly up against a Fokker D.VIII :blink: nor that a german pilot flying an Eindecker E.III had to worry about running into a Sopwith Camel or a Spad S.XIII :silly:

Perhaps making it so when you picked your plane you would be slotted into missions with planes that were operational in the skies during the same approximate time period in the war would work as an additional layer to protect pilots with less experience from going up against MORAFS & other pilots in the upper levels.

Just a thought..

Zuperman: What do you think about plane grouping 9 years 10 months ago #193583

• 111th|On_Wings_oF
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Or what about at least switching the Spad XIII appearance and the Neuport XVII? The Spad was the better of the two, and even a better plane then the Albatross'. It would also be great for the Tier 4 planes on both sides to have equal stats rather then the Albatross DV 4/4/4 and only 3/4/4 on the other side.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.408 seconds