TOPIC:

A "more fairplay driven" mission? 9 years 10 months ago #191992

• [LB] Pedrinho
  • [LB] Pedrinho's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • I took the RED PILL!
  • Thank you received: 2425
I completely lost my interest on Formula 1, Formula Truck, Stock Cars, Bike Racing and all motor sports when I realized that, unfortunately, the pilot's skills are only a little part of the equation. In other words, being the best pilot doesn't matter at all, if you don't have the best car. Fernando Alonso can tell you I am bloody right.

And so it is in Dogfight world. To succeed on DF skies, one depends on a mix between his/her skills and good aircrafts; and this equation got even more unbalanced after the advent of DVIII - with which even I, a poorly skilled player, can have an absurd KDR of 5/1, even against good pilots. To a point that, although it is very fun having new planes to buy once in a while, I feel almost guilty when shooting poor slow noobs from my nearly-unbeatable DVIII.

So, to give the players a chance to fight on a more fairplay-driven scenario, I ask you, Joaquin, to consider the possibility to put a new feature on future updates, with an optional game mode (and - who knows? - even a dedicated server) where all the players uses the very same plane (noobs, aces, morafs, everybody with the same dumb or high-capable plane), with no option to change it during the session. I mean THE SAME PLANE, not just planes from the same tier, cuz we all know that there are differences between them.

How about it? I can bet there will be a lot of players interested on it.

I took the RED PILL!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frank Baracca, TOPH, Ziza, Rat Tat Tat!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by [LB] Pedrinho.

A "more fairplay driven" mission? 9 years 10 months ago #191996

• Frank Baracca
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In memory of Francesco Baracca Ace of Aces
  • Thank you received: 1443
I'd be curious to try ... :evil:
The following user(s) said Thank You: [LB] Pedrinho

A "more fairplay driven" mission? 9 years 10 months ago #191997

• Mac
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • They Hate me, but They Can't get Enough of me...
  • Thank you received: 1411
You're completely correct. I went 12-1 vs. 3 Air Chief Marshalls (Enemy Killer, AceLink, and Dash Riprock) yesterday... Absurd. But I love it!
You're getting predictable, guys. You can do better, right?

A "more fairplay driven" mission? 9 years 10 months ago #191999

• [LB] Pedrinho
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • I took the RED PILL!

Frank Baracca wrote: I'd be curious to try ... :evil:

Actually, I am not as curious as I am afraid of - cuz my proposal is like firing a gun shot at my own foot: noobs will shoot me down relentless... lol

I took the RED PILL!

A "more fairplay driven" mission? 9 years 10 months ago #192003

• ¥M4rtin¥
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • You'll Shoot Your Eye out Kid!
  • Thank you received: 1637
I have to disagree with you on the DVIII. It is not as hard as people think it is to hit. The EIII is still the hardest to hit.

I see people with lower tier planes out maneuver higher tier planes. Did not we not ask Joaquin to add more planes, add, upgrades to planes, add paint option, more bullets, option for more bombs?

A lot of people asked Joaquin to separate the noobs so they would have a fair chance to play to avoid the sk by higher ranks and not lose interest in the game. Now asking for a separate server with one plane on both sides because of the addition of new planes? I don't understand I guess.

The game has changed drastically with all the new upgrades for the planes and the addition of new planes. It is going to be a learning curve and it will take time to get used to it.

So with every update change what should we be concentrating on? I do not have the answer. I am seeing Phantom bombers, well I can not say I am seeing them, because I just see registered hits of two hangars being hit then shorty right after another two hangars. I am experiencing a lot of lag in every server, I am still seeing some win 8 players shooting at nothing and killing people. Disappearing under the water and ground. Shooting through solid carrier walls.

I don't think anyone will ever see the game as fair to all. I am just excited we have a huge selection of planes to choose from now. I am still not clear on the upgrade system and what it does, the four bars versus five bars. I just upgrade to max and try my best in game.

I guess what I am trying to say is that the last update was a huge change and it will take time to get used to it. I don't think having one plane choice on each side that has the exact same characteristic will make the game more fair. You still have the different platforms and the lag. The plane will perform differently due to that.

That is just my opinion, it is neither right or wrong, just the way I am looking at it. Stay Thirsty for DF my friends!
The following user(s) said Thank You: [LB] Pedrinho, |111th| John II, TOPH

Last edit: by ¥M4rtin¥.

A "more fairplay driven" mission? 9 years 10 months ago #192004

• [*M] MISFIT CROCKETT
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 13215
Oh I agree with you MARTIN, I love flying allied and learning how to hit the d8.

It really takes focus and a steady hand, real concentration, but when you can start hitting these on a regular basis then your normal games will be so much better. It's a challenge, I love it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [M]ad

A "more fairplay driven" mission? 9 years 10 months ago #192006

• Ziza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 419
We can make an server whit one date exactly of history and only use the planes corresponding to that date. :whistle:
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate

A "more fairplay driven" mission? 9 years 10 months ago #192008

• darraxx
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 10674
I'm with Martin on this I shoot the d8 just fine just have to learn the new way. I'm.happy zup got rod of the repair after you bomb. And yes w8 players are back to ghosting and sub planes. What I really like is that the guys with super powers like being able to out fly anyone NW have the same thing we have. That's more even for all. Like was said it shouldn't be the one with the best device wins. It should be about the planes and the skill of the pilot.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TOPH

A "more fairplay driven" mission? 9 years 10 months ago #192013

• [LB] Pedrinho
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • I took the RED PILL!

¥M4rtin¥ wrote: I have to disagree with you on the DVIII. It is not as hard as people think it is to hit.

Hmmm... Little me, having a kdr of 5/1 against marshalls? Ra! Yes, reds CAN hit my D8, but when I am on another airplane, they hit me WAY MORE OFTEN! Its not what I "believe", or what I "think", it is an undeniable FACT!

¥M4rtin¥ wrote: The EIII is still the hardest to hit.

I agree, that's why I love to play on my second account, with the EIII. But this doesn't invalidate my suggestion / request. Remember: I am only asking if there is a chance to have an OPTION to play on a new type of game - it would be an extra feature, I am not asking to CHANGE THE WHOLE THING.

¥M4rtin¥ wrote: I see people with lower tier planes out maneuver higher tier planes. Did not we not ask Joaquin to add more planes, add, upgrades to planes, add paint option, more bullets, option for more bombs?

Well, despite the fact that I never asked for such features, I am not against them and I really like them as much as you like. But, again, its not a matter of changing the whole game, just adding an optional game room, for a different game play. As if it was a new mission, lets say.

¥M4rtin¥ wrote: A lot of people asked Joaquin to separate the noobs so they would have a fair chance to play to avoid the sk by higher ranks and not lose interest in the game. Now asking for a separate server with one plane on both sides because of the addition of new planes? I don't understand I guess.

Again, I never thought this segregation idea was a good one. And I am not asking for this feature BECAUSE of the addition of new planes. I stated that the addition of new planes made the differences more evident.

¥M4rtin¥ wrote: The game has changed drastically with all the new upgrades for the planes and the addition of new planes. It is going to be a learning curve and it will take time to get used to it.

Agree! But, again, I am not asking to change the game, just to add an OPTION. And something tells me that you would be surprised by how much people would adhere, and how much fun it would be!

¥M4rtin¥ wrote: So with every update change what should we be concentrating on?

Hmmm... I think we all concentrate too much on this little mobile game, after all, huh? lol

¥M4rtin¥ wrote: I am seeing Phantom bombers, well I can not say I am seeing them, because I just see registered hits of two hangars being hit then shorty right after another two hangars. I am experiencing a lot of lag in every server, I am still seeing some win 8 players shooting at nothing and killing people. Disappearing under the water and ground. Shooting through solid carrier walls.

Agree. But what does all thoese things have to do with what I am suggesting?

¥M4rtin¥ wrote: I don't think anyone will ever see the game as fair to all.

OK, but some inches towards the "more fair" side doesn't hurts, huh?

¥M4rtin¥ wrote: I am just excited we have a huge selection of planes to choose from now. I am still not clear on the upgrade system and what it does, the four bars versus five bars. I just upgrade to max and try my best in game.

Me too. I even stoped playing on my second account, just to experiment those top planes. I DO have fun. But again, I am just suggesting an ALTERNATIVE MISSION, not an entire game changing.

¥M4rtin¥ wrote: I don't think having one plane choice on each side that has the exact same characteristic will make the game more fair.

Perhaps not, but who knows? What I can almost dare to "asure" is: it may be very fun to play.

¥M4rtin¥ wrote: You still have the different platforms and the lag. The plane will perform differently due to that.

This is a reason for not making this "new mission", but is a reason to not play this game at all - and we keep playing it, huh? So, why not?

Well, one thing is certain: Zuperman is already too busy with this squad-war thing, and probably my request may never be even considered. But M4rtin, I agree with your disagreement.
:P

====

Edit: And I would say MORE: what if, in those missions, the player had a ridiculously low ammount of ammo each run? Lets say, 60 bullets? We would be forced to put a knife on our teeth, and just hit fire when we see the wheels of the red plane, instead of spreading and wasting ammo like almost everyone does. Lucky shots no more!!!!
(Jeez, I am playing the role of the devil's advocate!!! lol)

I took the RED PILL!
The following user(s) said Thank You: ¥M4rtin¥, Mac

Last edit: by [LB] Pedrinho.

A "more fairplay driven" mission? 9 years 10 months ago #192018

• Hell Cat - 2
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 37
Personally I don't think its skill or the plane you are flying. I think it's the equipment/ devices you use. My kid sister played at a friends house with high def equipment and no matter what plane I was in kick my butt. Games on line will never be "Fair" !

A "more fairplay driven" mission? 9 years 10 months ago #192020

• [NLR] McFate
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't believe everything you think.
  • Thank you received: 5398
I like your intentions here Ped.

I think it could be good to have matched planes for certian tournament style competitions, so everyone is as even a possible so it would be a "cleaner" test of skill. So, which plane? A top tier? A bottom tier? Middle? German? Allied?... Probably random would be best. There might be some issues for zup to code in for German vs German or Allied vs Allied. (Dogfight wins still get awarded to everyone who shares the same hangar as the first to 15 kills)

I have been flying some of the lower tier planes lately ( e111, spad, eindeckerD111...) and found it a great challenge. I don't feel so guilty when I come upon a bunch of low ranks when I have nothing more than a 2nd or 3rd upgrade. Heck, I even get taken down more often. :pinch:. It really helps me to relate to the guys who have not yet earned their crossed swords.

Here is my idea for making the game more enjoyable for all ranks:
(repost from another thread)

McFate wrote: I think the noob server is a good thing.

It's also great to allow the noobs to choose the upper servers so they can see what they have to train up to. :evil:

My suggestion is for three servers:

1. Keep the "noobs only" server (up to rank 10+/-), while giving the noobs the option to choose a higher server.
2. Have a pre 1917 +/- server open to everyone but keep the available planes limited to the lower 5 from each hangar.
3. Have the top server open to all pilots and all planes.

* I suppose the "noob server" could be for anyone but limited to planes from the earliest part of the war. (First 2 from each hangar?) (10-15 second immunity to control spawnkilling?)
* Noobs would be free to see what they are in for before being thrown into the big pond.
* The middle server would provide a more level playing field for those who have not yet unlocked, earned or purchased the top tier planes.
* The middle server would allow a better opportunity to help train lower ranks largely because the plane performance would be similar.
* The upper, or "big boy" server would be for high skilled, high ranked , and those who truly aspire to be such, so they can have a "no holds barred" sky brawl without driving off players who aren't ready for it yet.
* The lower servers would also be venues where the lower tier planes (from earlier in the war) could be matched against others from the same era. (There have been many times when I went with an older, slower plane just to enjoy something different, only to find myself facing superior fire power from another MORAF and wishing I had just gone with my top plane. It would make it easier to appreciate all of the planes instead of only the top performing ones. After all, most of them were a "top tier" plane when they were first made. How realistic is it to have seen a Fokker D8 vs a Nieport 11?)
* In some ways, segregating servers roughly by date would be more historically realistic.

A "more fairplay driven" mission? 9 years 10 months ago #192037

• ¥M4rtin¥
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • You'll Shoot Your Eye out Kid!
  • Thank you received: 1637

[LB] Pedrinho wrote:

¥M4rtin¥ wrote: I have to disagree with you on the DVIII. It is not as hard as people think it is to hit.

[LB] Pedrinho wrote: Hmmm... Little me, having a kdr of 5/1 against marshalls? Ra! Yes, reds CAN hit my D8, but when I am on another airplane, they hit me WAY MORE OFTEN! Its not what I "believe", or what I "think", it is an undeniable FACT!

¥M4rtin¥ wrote: Because people are not used to going against that plane yet.

¥M4rtin¥ wrote: The EIII is still the hardest to hit.

[LB] Pedrinho wrote: I agree, that's why I love to play on my second account, with the EIII. But this doesn't invalidate my suggestion / request. Remember: I am only asking if there is a chance to have an OPTION to play on a new type of game - it would be an extra feature, I am not asking to CHANGE THE WHOLE THING.

¥M4rtin¥ wrote: I am not invalidating your request at all to have another option. I do not think it will be as fair as you think it will be. The flying characteristics are almost exactly the same except lower ranks need to be of higher rank to get the higher tier plane. It would be interesting to see everyone flying a level one plane in each mission.[color]

¥M4rtin¥ wrote: I see people with lower tier planes out maneuver higher tier planes. Did not we not ask Joaquin to add more planes, add, upgrades to planes, add paint option, more bullets, option for more bombs?

[LB] Pedrinho wrote: Well, despite the fact that I never asked for such features, I am not against them and I really like them as much as you like. But, again, its not a matter of changing the whole game, just adding an optional game room, for a different game play. As if it was a new mission, lets say.

¥M4rtin¥ wrote: I did not say you were asking to change the whole game, I was pointing out that the current changes that Joaquin implemented were based on what a lot of people requested on the "what to do for the next dogfight" thread.

¥M4rtin¥ wrote: A lot of people asked Joaquin to separate the noobs so they would have a fair chance to play to avoid the sk by higher ranks and not lose interest in the game. Now asking for a separate server with one plane on both sides because of the addition of new planes? I don't understand I guess.

[LB] Pedrinho wrote: Again, I never thought this segregation idea was a good one. And I am not asking for this feature BECAUSE of the addition of new planes. I stated that the addition of new planes made the differences more evident.

¥M4rtin¥ wrote: I never said that you thought it was a good idea, I was saying people requested (not you) because it was un-fair to the new players. You are asking for fairness/equal performance of play, no?

¥M4rtin¥ wrote: The game has changed drastically with all the new upgrades for the planes and the addition of new planes. It is going to be a learning curve and it will take time to get used to it.

[LB] Pedrinho wrote: Agree! But, again, I am not asking to change the game, just to add an OPTION. And something tells me that you would be surprised by how much people would adhere, and how much fun it would be!

¥M4rtin¥ wrote: I know you are not asking to change the whole game. You are asking for an option to choose a server where both Allied and German have exactly the same plane in flying capabilities. I am saying that is fine, but you will be surprised how it will not be as you envision it. I am not saying you are wrong for asking. I am not attacking your request, explaining how the game has changed and there is a learning curve.

¥M4rtin¥ wrote: So with every update change what should we be concentrating on?

[LB] Pedrinho wrote: Hmmm... I think we all concentrate too much on this little mobile game, after all, huh? lol

¥M4rtin¥ wrote: I am seeing Phantom bombers, well I can not say I am seeing them, because I just see registered hits of two hangars being hit then shorty right after another two hangars. I am experiencing a lot of lag in every server, I am still seeing some win 8 players shooting at nothing and killing people. Disappearing under the water and ground. Shooting through solid carrier walls.

[LB] Pedrinho wrote: Agree. But what does all thoese things have to do with what I am suggesting?

¥M4rtin¥ wrote: You will see the same in your choose option server/mission

¥M4rtin¥ wrote: I don't think anyone will ever see the game as fair to all.

[LB] Pedrinho wrote: OK, but some inches towards the "more fair" side doesn't hurts, huh?

¥M4rtin¥ wrote: No it does not hurt to inch toward "fair play" at all. I was not attacking you for asking, but a lot more changes are needed than just having two planes that are exactly the same top make it "fairplay". How about if he can add one more mission each server where each side would have one plane available, the exact same plane, but in a different color? What mission, what should the plane be? And Why?

¥M4rtin¥ wrote: I am just excited we have a huge selection of planes to choose from now. I am still not clear on the upgrade system and what it does, the four bars versus five bars. I just upgrade to max and try my best in game.

[LB] Pedrinho wrote: Me too. I even stoped playing on my second account, just to experiment those top planes. I DO have fun. But again, I am just suggesting an ALTERNATIVE MISSION, not an entire game changing.

¥M4rtin¥ wrote: I was not saying you were looking to change the whole game.

¥M4rtin¥ wrote: I don't think having one plane choice on each side that has the exact same characteristic will make the game more fair.

[LB] Pedrinho wrote: Perhaps not, but who knows? What I can almost dare to "asure" is: it may be very fun to play.

¥M4rtin¥ wrote: You still have the different platforms and the lag. The plane will perform differently due to that.

[LB] Pedrinho wrote: This is a reason for not making this "new mission", but is a reason to not play this game at all - and we keep playing it, huh? So, why not?

Well, one thing is certain: Zuperman is already too busy with this squad-war thing, and probably my request may never be even considered. But M4rtin, I agree with your disagreement.
:P

¥M4rtin¥ wrote: You never know, squad wars is his top priority for now, but he always listens how he can improve the game. So come up with ONE mission, ONE plane or which two planes you think are of equal characteristics and why that mission and why those two planes. If a server is added to do all the missions, it will not be fair to those that live further away from that server.

====

[LB] Pedrinho wrote: Edit: And I would say MORE: what if, in those missions, the player had a ridiculously low ammount of ammo each run? Lets say, 60 bullets? We would be forced to put a knife on our teeth, and just hit fire when we see the wheels of the red plane, instead of spreading and wasting ammo like almost everyone does. Lucky shots no more!!!!
(Jeez, I am playing the role of the devil's advocate!!! lol)

¥M4rtin¥ wrote: It would be funny to see soldiers having knife fights or having to throw grenades to destroy a hangar

Last edit: by ¥M4rtin¥.

A "more fairplay driven" mission? 9 years 10 months ago #192047

• [LB] Pedrinho
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • I took the RED PILL!
EXACTLY, M4rtin...
:) :silly:

And @hell cat: you are right, I forgot the device variable. I used to play on a S2 (tiny screen), but after geting a Nexus 7 2013, I simply cant believe now how I played on that little phone for so much time.
But on this matter (different devices) there is nothing that can be done.

I took the RED PILL!

A "more fairplay driven" mission? 9 years 10 months ago #192050

• [NLR] Finn
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Be Obscure Clearly~e.b.white
  • Thank you received: 577
I don't know Pedrinho. From what I understand, most devices can change the sensitivity settings, but Windows 8 users cannot. Any player with any plane can out-turn me, a W8 user, if they change their settings. If you are looking for even fights, I'd say change that first.

I share your concern with uneven matches. I already rarely play dogfight scenarios because of the sensitivity settings. Its pointless if pilots can circle me while I'm trying to bank wide left. If the D8 is as mean as everyone says it is, I might stay on the ground more and more often as pilots purchase them. Worried.

A "more fairplay driven" mission? 9 years 10 months ago #192053

• =£= DonFlix
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 161
I loved this game because the upgrade and planes were so expensive you had to be a bit crazy to buy them, Now upgrades are getting cheaper everytime, more planes are added, and i see a lvl 13 with a fully equipped D8 kicking my but while i'm trying to fend him off in my very expensive (or once was) maxed out DV. Also i made 3 se5a upgrades worth 112,5k each, to find out now thatthose pgrades only cost 67,5k anymore. Like with most of those online games, once it starts being about the money (paying players) people leave. Or at least let us know well in advance that you are thinking about changing upgrade costs this drasticly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 1789

A "more fairplay driven" mission? 9 years 10 months ago #192070

• Viper10{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Tip of the spear
  • Thank you received: 7914

I like your ideas Pedrinho. I often wonder what it would be like to play "evenly matched" a time or two. I suggested in a different thread to have only tier 1 aircraft and see how that goes, kinda like a "beater" game with the worst equipment, just for fun. I have the same issue as H.L. that everyone seems to out turn me, a windows 8 user, but its still fun even when I am normally even or worse in the kill/death ratio.

United We Prowl/Together We Howl

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.441 seconds