Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

why do some seem to have the advantage in turn fig 9 years 10 months ago #190912

• BULLET [M]isfit
  • BULLET [M]isfit's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 4935
Zup, I looked for an answer but didn't see one... I have been playing long enough to know how to maneuver in a dog fight... My question is that I use my phone/HTC MAX/android, and when in a turning fight, every single time, everyone else's plane is.faster to turn/roll/flip... Is there a reason for this.phenomenon? It Almost seems unfair.. If this is.because I.don't.use an actual controller, but instead the toggle on my phone's screen, can you fix this in that each user has the same advantage ???????? :angry: it's not every plane, but the one equal to what I'm flying...

Thanks Zip,
BULLET

If you see me, remember I see you too!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by BULLET [M]isfit. Reason: typo and adding text

why do some seem to have the advantage in turn fig 9 years 10 months ago #190916

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13142
it works the same across devices. It just feels differently due to internet connection. Most people you see are playing on iphone/android too.

why do some seem to have the advantage in turn fig 9 years 10 months ago #190917

• BULLET [M]isfit
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Oops I reported my post to.the moderator... Lol sorry

why do some seem to have the advantage in turn fig 9 years 10 months ago #190919

• [*M] MISFIT CROCKETT
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 13215
Bullet i use an ipad and there are a few players that I cannot touch in a dogfight. Some devises totally are better in the dogfight area while ipad is better at head on shooting. At least this is my opinion.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BULLET [M]isfit

why do some seem to have the advantage in turn fig 9 years 10 months ago #190921

• BULLET [M]isfit
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Thanks Zup, had to had the abbreviation we use for your name to my phone's dictionary.. it seem to want to auto correct and call u zip.Lol... Either way when I get in an area where I have the best possible connection I will try to take notice... Thank u...

why do some seem to have the advantage in turn fig 9 years 10 months ago #190951

• =£= SkyStorm
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Lafayette Escadrille
  • Thank you received: 106

I've never experienced a time when the device makes a difference. And I should know. Every mission is a dogfight with me >:)

why do some seem to have the advantage in turn fig 9 years 10 months ago #190954

• Mac
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • They Hate me, but They Can't get Enough of me...
  • Thank you received: 1411
I've found it to be a pretty consistent theme that keyboards turn-fight better, as do joysticks. Tilt apparently is pretty effective, but I use the on-screen joystick. It's excellent for head-on, but it sucks at turning. I've extensively studied and practiced various actual WWI dogfight techniques, but I can't even decrease my turn radius. If i put my sensitivity at 100%, then I can.t head-on.
So for me, it's one or the other. Head-on or turning. And my device lends itself to head-on, so that's what I do.
You're getting predictable, guys. You can do better, right?

why do some seem to have the advantage in turn fig 9 years 10 months ago #190955

• tKestrel old
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 3991

well, ive heard some devices are better than others. like the kindle DHX is supposed the best device for a dogfighter, while the ipad is good at head on but sluggish in its controls. I play on a Galaxy S4, and I am formidable in a dogfight but can not go head on because I have bad yes and unable to see that far away
Retired in the skies of Dogfight.
Raising Hell in the skies of Warthunder

why do some seem to have the advantage in turn fig 9 years 10 months ago #190956

• Team Killer.
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • kill them all..
  • Thank you received: 329
Bullet you have asked me why and how I turn so fast in a fight. I've tried to explain how iuse the motion controls on my phone so I can flick my phone from side to side and it turns sharper then people using a joystick can follow I always fly the spade are the fokker and have good success with both I hope this helps
I COULD NOT CARE LESS

why do some seem to have the advantage in turn fig 9 years 10 months ago #190962

• [e]hammer_tool
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • ut malleus omnia similis clavum
  • Thank you received: 1285

=£=SkyStorm! wrote: I've never experienced a time when the device makes a difference. And I should know. Every mission is a dogfight with me >:)

I turn faster on my HTC phone than my Samsung tablet, it's just a smaller device that I can throw about easier, but in a head to head with my old eyes my tablet is awesome.

ut malleus omnia similis clavum

why do some seem to have the advantage in turn fig 9 years 10 months ago #190967

• Ziza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 419
There are 3 ways:

Better internet
Better advice
Use air combat manouvers

If you only turn following the red enemy indicator, you are death. You must understand the logic of the circles. That's why I hit some pilots, he only makes turns, or one of the big mistakes it's that anybody thing the dogfight it's for shootdown a enemy, but no, it's to survive and wait for a mistake
The following user(s) said Thank You: Freiherr von Hoter, [NLR] McFate, [*M]VonHuLK, ZebraUp, King of the Skys

why do some seem to have the advantage in turn fig 9 years 10 months ago #190983

• SkyDavis
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • 111th Falcon squad
  • Thank you received: 836
I don’t know were you guys come up with the iPad having sluggish controls or being bad for turn fighting. I use and iPad and iPod off and on all depends on which one is charged and I have no problem turn fighting anyone. I eventually find a way to get on there tail and kill them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate, Ziza

why do some seem to have the advantage in turn fig 9 years 10 months ago #191020

• darraxx
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 10674
Every te I run into someone that turns unrealistically I ask.what they are using and always get the same answer I pad or I phone. For some reason I can't turn with them or even chase them down they just fly away from me like I'm carrying a load of bricks. There should be a way to even things out. I just can't afford an I phone or anything even close but the game shouldn't be the one with the best device wins
The following user(s) said Thank You: [M*]JÄCK BÜRTÖN1, [NLR] Finn

why do some seem to have the advantage in turn fig 9 years 10 months ago #191031

• [M]FOX#1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "I sniff through the desert like a fox"Erwin Romel
  • Thank you received: 3804
With a head on to dogfight, I start rolling when I get close, and when we pass I turn via dive so gravity is working with me so I get the drop on the turn battle.

why do some seem to have the advantage in turn fig 9 years 10 months ago #191109

• [NLR] Finn
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Be Obscure Clearly~e.b.white
  • Thank you received: 577
From what I understand, some devises can change their control sensitivity settings to turn sharply. Windows 8 users, like myself, cannot adjust this setting as it isn't available. I've had some pilots tell me I turn like as sharply as a battleship in the mud. I don't know how to fix it.

why do some seem to have the advantage in turn fig 9 years 10 months ago #191111

• [NLR] McFate
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't believe everything you think.
  • Thank you received: 5398
Lol! :woohoo:

I just learned some new tricks that made my maneuvering better. (thanks Ziza)

Don't think that you don't have any new tricks to learn just because you're an old dog. :P

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.483 seconds