TOPIC:

Colision detection 9 years 10 months ago #190324

• [LB] Pedrinho
  • [LB] Pedrinho's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • I took the RED PILL!
  • Thank you received: 2425
I have some very old and unanswered questions regarding game's colision detection rules (this is for Zup):

1 - Do a tank shell hit and explode another tank shell?
2 - Can plane/soldier bullets hit and explode bombs and/or tank shells in the air?

I took the RED PILL!
The following user(s) said Thank You: tKestrel old

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Colision detection 9 years 10 months ago #190326

• tKestrel old
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 3991

[LB] Pedrinho wrote: I have some very old and unanswered questions regarding game's colision detection rules (this is for Zup):

1 - Do a tank shell hit and explode another tank shell?
2 - Can plane/soldier bullets hit and explode bombs and/or tank shells in the air?

The tank shells, yes they do. And its a magnificent sight when they do. Ive also managed to hit a carrier with the enemies bomb by shooting the bomb that was dropped on me, the bomb and shell was flung across the lake and into the carrier. Was quite amazing, something I havent been able to do again in a while.
Retired in the skies of Dogfight.
Raising Hell in the skies of Warthunder
The following user(s) said Thank You: [LB] Pedrinho

Colision detection 9 years 10 months ago #190332

• [LB] Pedrinho
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • I took the RED PILL!
Aaa-ham, Kes... And I shot Blue Max 237 times in a row on a single Dogfight game this very morning.
:P

I took the RED PILL!

Colision detection 9 years 10 months ago #190334

• tKestrel old
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

What, im telling the truth. Lol, im serious. I was dumb founded when it happened, I sat there with my jaw on the floor thinking How the Hell did I do that! Lol both the bomb and the shell hit the carrier, but only my shell regestered, grrr lol

Colision detection 9 years 10 months ago #190341

• [LB] Pedrinho
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • I took the RED PILL!
Wow! Your achievement surpassed all mine!!!!

Some weeks ago I managed to bring down Davy Crocket's plane when he was about to kill my tank and, almost ten seconds after, the same shell bombed two hangars. And (in another game, of course) I bombed Elim's plane after droping over it from my out-of-ammo tier 1 aircraft. But surely none of these achievements can barely match yours!
:P

But the second question remains: can bullets destroy (and explode) bombs in the air?

I took the RED PILL!

Colision detection 9 years 10 months ago #190343

• tKestrel old
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

u know, I did man to do it, but I didnt actually expect it to work. yet alone fling the bomb like a rag doll into the carrier. the look on my face was probably priceless. What would have been real cool was it hit the bomb, blow up, then blow up the plane as well. That would have flipped me out. the whole thing was just a streak of pure luck. I was in the right place, at the right time, and fired right when I needed to n order for it to work. Again not expecting it to work, so my aim was a bit sloppy too.

Last edit: by tKestrel old.

Colision detection 9 years 10 months ago #190366

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13142
yes to both questions. Collision is a colision.
Now, I never managed to do neither of them. I guess you can try by shooting to a random far point so that they collide mid air, but at the speed they move sounds hard to achieve.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [LB] Pedrinho, King of the Skys

Colision detection 9 years 10 months ago #190405

• King of the Skys
  • 608-461-1787
  • Thank you received: 53
i have shot an incoming tank shell out of the sky once with my tank shell :woohoo: lol but never seceded doing it with bullets tho lol.......Mmm ill try next time i get a team of circus flyers together :evil:
List of Aliases: HangersNightmare...SolvietSepticTank...Gunners Infinity...LoneWolf12...Insane Scientist...(G.I.) :)...Team Killer..King of Lagg...Gink of the Syks...::MEZO::..BunnyGoes Hop Hop...RabidEasterBunny...Syks eht fo ginK...Sneak King...(G.I.)%SneaKing%...

Colision detection 9 years 10 months ago #190416

• [M]FOX#1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "I sniff through the desert like a fox"Erwin Romel
  • Thank you received: 3804
I was able to hit the ground once. ! :woohoo:
The following user(s) said Thank You: King of the Skys

Colision detection 9 years 10 months ago #190462

• [LB] Pedrinho
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • I took the RED PILL!
Thanks, zup.
It explains some things I noticed. For example, for many times, I shot a plane from my tank just to see the shell explode near the red plane, but seeing the plane kill me one second later and keep flying. The only explanation (besides lag) is that the plane shot my shell right before killing my tank...
And for two times, I remember tank-battling against noushbag and another pilot whose name I cant remember, and we shot each other from little distance, and the shells exploded between us. Lol

And the idea of hitting a bomb with bullets during a circus session is nice, King! If you meet me ingame, lets try it at the bridge!

I took the RED PILL!
The following user(s) said Thank You: King of the Skys

Colision detection 9 years 10 months ago #190712

• ZandorHawke
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • The second most famous 'Z' in the game!
  • Thank you received: 539
Wow Ped...that answers the same riddle for me!!!!!! THANK YOU!

I've been trying to figure out why I can (tank) shell a plane sometimes but most of the time it seems to explode harmlessly (like it hits the plane but does nothing). I figured it was the location on the plane that I needed to hit. Like hitting the wings would take it down but the engine wouldn't. But, I think you are right in that the plane shot down the shell! So simple and I never thought of it!

So, now I need to keep firing when approaching the tank as opposed to waiting until it's directly in my sights in case it fires. Also explains why I've never seen a "mis-hit" on the side of a plane or the back of a plane. I feel so stupid. :oops:
http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w502/MOMsquadron/banner_zandorhawke3_zpsa2e87126

Colision detection 9 years 10 months ago #190909

• BULLET [M]isfit
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 4935
OLD KI[M] took out another.pilot and then me w a single tank shell.. was pretty cool. Wish I did it.but instead was on the receiving end. Lol

BULLET

If you see me, remember I see you too!!

Colision detection 9 years 10 months ago #190932

• Raider
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • GI's Sneaky Pilot
  • Thank you received: 168

BULLET wrote: OLD KI[M] took out another.pilot and then me w a single tank shell.. was pretty cool. Wish I did it.but instead was on the receiving end. Lol

BULLET

Earlier, I took out an enemy pilot out of the sky and the only remaining hangar with only a singe tank shell. I was pretty amazed of what I did back there.. I don't know if that was pure luck or lag.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.456 seconds