Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

What would you like ......for the new Dogfight?... 9 years 10 months ago #186947

• Rudolf Rednose
  • Rudolf Rednose's Avatar Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 2783
Wasn't there such a topic once?

Guess it went under in the multitude of new ones.......

Been fiddling around wit a new app I got, and .......Hey! Why not?

What about a window on the chat page where a little dot appears on a world map, indicating those players that are online?
It wouldn't even have to be your GPS position (unless you are really proud of your mobility).
An indication of your hometown would be enough, wouldn't it?

Something like this.....just for fun.....just an idea.........
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: [M]ad

Please Log in to join the conversation.

What would you like ......for the new Dogfight?... 9 years 10 months ago #186954

• [M]yGUNNZZ
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 1768
All I want is less lagg!!!Every update brings more it seems..my vote is only for less lagg!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Flaming Jay, RedBaroness, [LF]proplure, RT, [TFL] muziki1

What would you like ......for the new Dogfight?... 9 years 10 months ago #187118

• mach2
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Watch your 6
  • Thank you received: 63
Well since you asked, I would first like very much to get my airplane back that I lost during the last update thank you very much. It doesn't directly pertain to the status change between the Dv and the tri-wing.

Second, I'd like to see an end to all the weird cheat- a- cheat taken place by some of dog fights finest (NOT) by taking advantage of having the option of changing their name to provide them the opportunity to start trouble and be able to come right back and cause further problems. This by no means includes the upstanding players who use or have used the name change option for reasons of fair play that violate no game rules or other players. How about removing that option making it unavailable to every one. I really don't see a real good reason for having to change your name. You enter df with a name you keep it. I apologize to all if there are viable reasons requiring the need to do so. If this is the case then why not write in some rules or requirements that would require the player to petition the man, Zup. Then it would be totally up to him to approve or disapprove the change. I would think that those who have a need to change their game name wouldn't mind the few necessities and extra time knowing it was too prevent trouble makers who ruin games to continue.

Third, I'd like to see a new game/battle field every once in a while. It would break the boredom some players including myself, succumb too every now and then. If that's impossible for what ever reasons, then perhaps another 'take out the Zeppelin' game for the other side.

My third suggestion, I've herd some players request strictly a tank vs tank game, some expressed having bombers, two seat recon planes and some have asked for flack batteries. How about one huge game with all of these. For example, the typical WW I trench line battlefield, each side with same amount of foot soldiers, tanks, flak batteries, recon birds and bomber squadrons. Whom ever over takes the other side, or completely destroys it wins. This would involve all of the above. Gothic bombers hitting targets, fighting of pursuit planes with aerial machine gun post manned by df players. Pursuit planes dog fighting each other, attacking bombers, recon planes manned by a df player in the rear cockpit defending with machine guns and df pilot in the front, dogging flak as well as bombing and straffing trench grunts (game bots optional), tanks shelling enemy soldiers, tanks, and aircraft. All or some of this could be used to make other game scenarios of similar nature. It would be realistic meaning that this all took place and was a major part of that war. It would provide for a long term of game development and enhancement when ever the developers decided to make a new df game to be added to those we have now. I feel it would also keep the game hot (interesting) especially for all the loyal df players who were members when the game started and have played continually as well as help smooth out all the ruff edges normal of any new game.

Oh, and of course I'm supportive of all the the df players who want more than any thing else but to eradicate the major problem of all, LAGGGGG. :)

And since you asked, those are a few of my suggestions. Looking forward to seeing you all at altitude. My thank you and expressed appreciation to Zup who makes it happen.
Mach2
Mach2
The following user(s) said Thank You: |111th|tSwopCaml, RT, Sharp Shooter, D4vy, =TBH=|Jeromy, robnoxious

What would you like ......for the new Dogfight?... 9 years 10 months ago #187121

• [e]hammer_tool
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • ut malleus omnia similis clavum
  • Thank you received: 1285

A map would be nice, but I guess it's lower priority than squad wars and the flying razor.

ut malleus omnia similis clavum

What would you like ......for the new Dogfight?... 9 years 10 months ago #187127

• mach2
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Watch your 6
  • Thank you received: 63

[e]hammer_tool wrote: A map would be nice, but I guess it's lower priority than squad wars and the flying razor.

Flying Razor? :huh: :blink: :lol: :unsure:
Mach2

What would you like ......for the new Dogfight?... 9 years 10 months ago #187168

• horriblebreast
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fly hard, die hard!
  • Thank you received: 6101
does anyone else have the phantom plane issue?

i am sure it's just caused by lag, but when someone is shot down, both their plane and chute have their pilot name showing. so a cluster of 6 names can quickly become 9 or 10 names as people get hit and go into the chute causing their names to double up. again, i'm sure it's a lag issue, but i haven't seen any other posts about this and i see it all the time.

it's pretty easy to deal with when you're up close....someone goes down and their plane keeps their name tag, but a moment later they pop out someplace else with a second name now visible. when viewed from a distance the name cloud can get quite confusing very quickly.

so what the heck? rock the discotheque!
The following user(s) said Thank You: RT

What would you like ......for the new Dogfight?... 9 years 10 months ago #187194

• [NLR] Finn
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Be Obscure Clearly~e.b.white
  • Thank you received: 577
I'd like the water to be on the scenario map. That's my simple request.

I also think it would be cool if the clouds hid the big red names. It'd be a bit more stealthy, and would ad tons more strategy to the game. That's just a dream, however.

My moderate requests would be to have a list of who is playing in what server before you log on. I know a lot of players join the fight and then quit when they can't find a comrade.

Finally, it might be useful if blue arrows appeared in the pilots peripheral for our teammates the same way red ones do during a dog fight.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [TFL] Robert33, D4vy

What would you like ......for the new Dogfight?... 9 years 10 months ago #187411

• King of the Skys
  • 608-461-1787
  • Thank you received: 53
Hey i was thinking if Zuperman Could add some keys that make it so u dont have to use your mouse to pan across your screen to spot planes but if it was possible to add some shortcut key that jump to certain positions around your plane. :) idk if that'll work or not, just an idea lol since most of the w,s,a,d, part is used maybe around t,g,f,h, would be open for a possibility. lol If anyone else likes this idea click like...an if u have an idea on how to do something like that for mobile devices Pleaze comment! thank you :) An thank you so much for all the work youve already done on dogfight Zuperman!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :) :cheer: :silly: :woohoo: :woohoo: #worldsmostawesomegame
List of Aliases: HangersNightmare...SolvietSepticTank...Gunners Infinity...LoneWolf12...Insane Scientist...(G.I.) :)...Team Killer..King of Lagg...Gink of the Syks...::MEZO::..BunnyGoes Hop Hop...RabidEasterBunny...Syks eht fo ginK...Sneak King...(G.I.)%SneaKing%...

What would you like ......for the new Dogfight?... 9 years 10 months ago #187424

• [LB] Pedrinho
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • I took the RED PILL!
  • Thank you received: 2425

gunnerzz wrote: All I want is less lagg!!!

I am with you. Keep it simple, keep it working...

Perhaps I am a old fashioned gamer - from a time when we played Alone in the Dark, Lost Vikings, The Dig, and many other GREAT games with very poor graphics, but real good fun factor. Perhaps these geek-graphicwise-gamers from nowadays are right, and perhaps all that matters are graphics... Sigh...

I remember playing this game one year ago, when I had way more fun being shot down relentlessly... Now, I finally managed to kill more than die, but now it is not as fun as it was when lag was only a rare thing to worry with.

Edit: BUT I still love this laggy game!

I took the RED PILL!
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]VonHuLK, [TFL] Robert33, [LF]proplure, RT

Last edit: by [LB] Pedrinho.

What would you like ......for the new Dogfight?... 9 years 9 months ago #195721

• BLDMS7144|FR|
  • Thank you received: 5
1.I hope they add a new mission:Team Death Match first team to reach 100 kills win!

2.All practice missions are free

3.He finaly finishes the squadron wars

4.A create ur own banner section

5.When u land on a carrier safely u get points

6.It tells u when ur friends are online

7.Fixed all glitches and lag
1st try a total lost. Dont worry 2nd try is the charm! BLDMS7144 future ace in training,watch the skies!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: {O}__PREDATOR__, robnoxious

What would you like ......for the new Dogfight?... 9 years 9 months ago #195747

• Angelic Silencer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Who is this mysterious person who only Silences???
  • Thank you received: 291
-In-game instant chat or pm would be cool (mostly for the friends thing)

-able to view and accept/decline friend requests without having to leave the main lobby)

-for some of us who are on the computers..., a way to do ingame screenshots

-more ingame moderators(seriously, some the lanuage is getting rediculous)

-a way to mute specific people(not like national mute, but mute to you)
Silencing.....Silencing.....Silencing.....now only if i could mute people.....

What would you like ......for the new Dogfight?... 9 years 9 months ago #195804

• [TFL] Robert33
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Hoot Hoot Shoot
  • Thank you received: 411
Rudder controls please...

And also maybe the ability to choose the game you want... Say you select a server, then there's the choice to join which timeline, open arena (all timelines), as well as which missions maybe?

What would you like ......for the new Dogfight?... 9 years 9 months ago #195808

• Viper10{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Tip of the spear
  • Thank you received: 7914

Maybe a map with a city you can fly around/in. Buildings and obstacles kind of dealy-o.

Make the rifle less accurate (C'mon, the guy in the parachute has a better weapon than a state of the art warplane? Seriously?)

In game screen shots for computer people.

Squad only chat option

Okay, my only original ideas were the first two... looks like all the other ideas have already been posted. (Points on carrier deck, squad wars, who's online, etc.)

Zuperman thanks for the great game!!!!!

Everyone else, thanks for all the fun flying with/against you!!!

United We Prowl/Together We Howl
The following user(s) said Thank You: D4vy

What would you like ......for the new Dogfight?... 9 years 9 months ago #196036

• Angelic Silencer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Who is this mysterious person who only Silences???
  • Thank you received: 291
this isn't so much for now... more like for halloween when it comes....

but what if there were like ghost (planes, ships, and tanks) that shows up randomly in a game and start a 'ghost war' randomly.... now they won't go after the human players, but if the human players get caught in their 'crossfire' they are subject to be hit by random bomb/missiles and bullets....... now since they are ghost, they can't be shot down cause there ghost.....

(now this is more for now)

another idea is a way to switch sides without ever leaving the server(for like squad wars and what not)

or a way to get back to the hangar without leaving the server
Silencing.....Silencing.....Silencing.....now only if i could mute people.....

Last edit: by Angelic Silencer.

What would you like ......for the new Dogfight?... 9 years 9 months ago #196039

• WB|War hawk1-5
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1709
I would like a team chat and a regular chat when playing in games to discuss strategy in private and for those who are not able to buy squads that have enough money to get that fixed so they can :)

-War hawk1-5

What would you like ......for the new Dogfight?... 9 years 9 months ago #196114

• Freiherr von Hoter
  • VIRTUTI IN BELLO
  • Thank you received: 23
It would be awesome to have real WWI medals, in different classes with the correct order of bestowal and difficulty. Ranking is already a good incentive and medals would add to the competitive spirit of this game. Plus the pride and joy of the recipient. Would not do it simply by points earned. It have to be a mix of kills per game, extreme defense situation when outnumbered, impossible single wins like bombing out an entire airfield by yourself, targeting planes with tanks repetitively,etc. Some medals can be earned simply by months of service, others for single acts of bravery, others for lifesaving, for collective acts of courage. I would be looking forward to earn a Pour le Merite, St. Henrys Order, an Iron cross. And medals being really earned, would differ from planes that can be bought if the money is in your wallet. Not here my friend. Moreover, a committee of MORAFs should have to validate any candidate that is proposed by the software to any given highest bravery award. This would guarantee quality bestowal on top of quantity. And it would keep banned players and seasonal spawners out of the hall of fame. I am a medal collector and this is my dream for an excellent outstanding and unique game. Cheers, Alex
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rudolf Rednose, WB|War hawk1-5

What would you like ......for the new Dogfight?... 9 years 8 months ago #196324

• Freiherr von Hoter
  • VIRTUTI IN BELLO
  • Thank you received: 23
Oh and here is another one. Maybe heavy bombers or planes where a pilot and observer can fly together. This is how. For example I fly a mission and I get a request when at airfield, to allow X player be my gunner. Then I would be flying and he would be seated at the rear operating a machine gun. We would both get credit for every point earned and when loading two bombs I will be better covered from enemy dogfighters.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WB|War hawk1-5, dd | Nightgale, D4vy

What would you like ......for the new Dogfight?... 9 years 8 months ago #196364

• WB|War hawk1-5
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Freiherr von Hoter wrote: Oh and here is another one. Maybe heavy bombers or planes where a pilot and observer can fly together. This is how. For example I fly a mission and I get a request when at airfield, to allow X player be my gunner. Then I would be flying and he would be seated at the rear operating a machine gun. We would both get credit for every point earned and when loading two bombs I will be better covered from enemy dogfighters.

I like that idea!!!! It makes it even more realistic!!!! And everyone wins...... Well accept for those who fly into the gunners fire lol
The following user(s) said Thank You: Freiherr von Hoter, D4vy

What would you like ......for the new Dogfight?... 9 years 8 months ago #196930

• dd | Nightgale
  • Thank you received: 7
It would be cool if Zip added Private Matches so you and some friends could play together with out a chance to get kicked to a different server.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WB|War hawk1-5

What would you like ......for the new Dogfight?... 9 years 8 months ago #196934

• Raider
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • GI's Sneaky Pilot
  • Thank you received: 168
This game should have a log-out option because some of my friends want to create their account and test this game in my PC. It's a pain in the neck if i have to uninstall every time just to sign out of my account :(
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vivek Sang, WB|War hawk1-5

Last edit: by Raider.

What would you like ......for the new Dogfight?... 9 years 8 months ago #196965

• D4vy
  • Thank you received: 0
I would like to have a way to chat just to my team so that attacks can be coordinated. Also if there was a way to make it so people join the teams evenly. Often times I have been in a battle that's 3 or 4 or more against only one.

What would you like ......for the new Dogfight?... 9 years 8 months ago #196967

• wig
  • Thank you received: 1
I would really like to be able to see what the game will be and/or change planes mid-game. In the German hangars, the first plane is awesome for close fighting, but it's stupid slow. The second one is whiz bang fast, but can't turn worth beans. I'd like to even be able to switch based on what is needed to win the game. If somebody needs protection in a tank I'll take the first one. If a carrier is about to be captured, I'll take the second one.

What would you like ......for the new Dogfight?... 9 years 8 months ago #196975

• Vivek Sang
  • Thank you received: 3
I agree with air raider. There should be option of user logout and choosing different accounts in same game without reinstalling the game.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Raider

What would you like ......for the new Dogfight?... 9 years 8 months ago #197147

• {G.I.} Reaper 6
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 132
I would like an option for donating money within your squad.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [TFL] Robert33

What would you like ......for the new Dogfight?... 9 years 8 months ago #197148

• {G.I.} Reaper 6
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 132
I would like an option for donating money within your squad.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Freiherr von Hoter

What would you like ......for the new Dogfight?... 9 years 8 months ago #197200

• Ziza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 419
More Reds :evil: :evil:

Tal vez se salga un poco de los hechos históricos, pero cada piloto debería de " costar" cierta cantidad de dinero dependiendo de su efectividad, de tal forma que el escuadrón que lo quiera reclutar deba tener la capacidad de pagar por aquel piloto. Y precisamente la guerra de escuadrones podría girar en torno a esa dinámica, la de tener suficientes fondos para asegurar una mayor adquisición de pilotos, comprar aeropuertos, insignias e incluso bombas y balas.

Así como una clasificación de los estilos de juego con base a sus estadísticas : Nivel de caza determinado por su k/d o nivel de Bimbardero determinado por sus juegos ganados y hangares ( acaso existe forma de saber cuantos juegos a perdido el piloto? Y de esa forma lograr hacer un cálculo de su efectividad con respecto a los juegos ganados?)

Es todo zup :whistle:

Last edit: by Ziza.

What would you like ......for the new Dogfight?... 9 years 8 months ago #197209

• darraxx
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 10674
Ok one thing after 2 1/2. Yeras of going to the bases its getting boring. I would like to see the bases moved to different parts of the map. We all know the valley of death everyone knows all the senak paths by heart. If the bases wee to be moved it would change things up just a bit. And maybe zup could set it up where the bases automatically move once a month. This would give us a new challenge and keep that game fresh. Just a thought
The following user(s) said Thank You: Freiherr von Hoter, Killer!

What would you like ......for the new Dogfight?... 9 years 8 months ago #197285

• Yellow1Blaze
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • More than what meets the eye.
  • Thank you received: 100
What I would like in dog fight is
Bombers: big slow planes, with lots of bombs, and rear gunners
More Gold: by more gold I mean, you get 100 gold per kill, 50g for landing alive, 1000G for every plane shot down with tank, 600G per win game, 100G per loose, well lots of gold, so people who want a new plane can get one.
Plane Level System: if your going to make it easier to buy planes, then make it harder to up grade, every kill you get with the plane you use, you get an amount of pxp (plane experience)so you have to fly that plane, to upgrade it,
Plane tear matching: I have level one tear plane as in the first planes you get, I can only fly with people who, are in the same tear of plane im in, so people dont get creamed by people who have the D8, and its a separate option, you could play the normal matches any time, just the option of that would be great

Your Friendly DFNews Anchorman
Lets Rise
Attachments:

What would you like ......for the new Dogfight?... 9 years 8 months ago #197291

• WB|War hawk1-5
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Air Raider wrote: This game should have a log-out option because some of my friends want to create their account and test this game in my PC. It's a pain in the neck if i have to uninstall every time just to sign out of my account :(

. I want to create another account but i dont wont to reinstall i want that log off button!!!!! And so i can switch to different accounts without having to reinstall every single time!! B)

What would you like ......for the new Dogfight?... 9 years 8 months ago #197298

• Yellow1Blaze
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • More than what meets the eye.
  • Thank you received: 100
a donate gold option
because what are you going to do with that gold when you have alredy upgraded every thin and baught it all

Your Friendly DFNews Anchorman
Lets Rise
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.761 seconds