TOPIC:

DON'T GET THE WIN 8.1 UPDATE!! 9 years 11 months ago #185044

• ZebraUp
  • ZebraUp's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Flying & Fighting with STYLE!
  • Thank you received: 4244

I just got the update earlier.. it's HORRIBLE! (4.4.52 for Windows 8.1 computers)

While flying in dogfight missions earlier I was easily killed.. even by all level 8 players.

My new top tier Red Baron turns and flies like the OLD RED BRICK! WITH a Bomb! But the same goes for the SE5a.. tried both of 'em in successive dogfight missions.

When I asked Cricket (who I enjoy battling in dogfight missions along with McTwist & a few others) if it seemed as though I was flying & turning slow he said yes. (he easily dropped me everytime we met up.. like 5 times in a row.. regardless if I was in the Red Baron or SE5a) Usually we split about 50/50 unless one of us is having a really good flight.

Usually we enjoy a good battle against each other.. but these times (2 dogfight missions) he dropped me each time as though I was a level 8 player in a freebie plane. (same way as the level 8 players were dropping me lol!)

I regret getting the update.. if you have Windows 8.1 and haven't gotten it yet? DON'T!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: TOPH, GreyNade, 111th| Heroicz

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by ZebraUp.

DON'T GET THE WIN 8.1 UPDATE!! 9 years 11 months ago #185054

• ZebraUp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Not the update for windows phones.. but for computers with Win 8.1 that just came out today.. 4.4.52

Different critter..
The following user(s) said Thank You: Raider, [M]ad

DON'T GET THE WIN 8.1 UPDATE!! 9 years 11 months ago #185117

• Raider
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • GI's Sneaky Pilot
  • Thank you received: 168

ZebraUp wrote: Not the update for windows phones.. but for computers with Win 8.1 that just came out today.. 4.4.52

Different critter..

I just noticed the same thing with u Zebra when I updated my game. Seems like the German planes are not representing the same way shown in their stats. Rather, they're showing the same performance from the previous update. I hope the next update should fix it since lower ranked players have the upper hand when they buy the Albatross and Pfaltz.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ZebraUp

DON'T GET THE WIN 8.1 UPDATE!! 9 years 11 months ago #185168

• [*M]ONSTER CANNON
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 9167
This might be a good thing? :woohoo:

DON'T GET THE WIN 8.1 UPDATE!! 9 years 11 months ago #185188

• [e]Black Shadow
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 137
So should I hold off on my planned upgrade of the Albatross DV? I have speed and I am 10k off manouverability.

Edited to add: I already have the 8.1 upgrade. It just arrived!

Last edit: by [e]Black Shadow.

DON'T GET THE WIN 8.1 UPDATE!! 9 years 11 months ago #185190

• [NLR] OutLaw
  • if u run with big dogs u have to pee on tall trees
  • Thank you received: 14
only one prob zeb I couldn't play dogfight period until I got 8.1 just got new .52 update today and everything im in is slow but other planes are fling circles around me. like startin over again
The following user(s) said Thank You: ZebraUp, TOPH

DON'T GET THE WIN 8.1 UPDATE!! 9 years 11 months ago #185191

• GreyNade
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • AKA LEGENDS |Zeek The Fre@k • [LF]*Z FrE@k*
  • Thank you received: 158
Well i got the update on my phone earlier..but red baron is now the top Tier .....i dint like tht so i turned my auto update ..ALREADy.... :whistle: :evil: ...turn off the Auto-Update helped me a lot i think LOL :lol:
I Am a FrE@k...!!!

The following user(s) said Thank You: ZebraUp, [NLR] OutLaw

DON'T GET THE WIN 8.1 UPDATE!! 9 years 11 months ago #185192

• [NLR] OutLaw
to many updates if u ask me, everytime u turn around, my pc updates automaticly but kinda wish it hadn't myself I was haulin butt in my planes before this. now im in clunkers sayin hey over here shoot while circles are being flown around me
The following user(s) said Thank You: ZebraUp, Sharp Shooter

Last edit: by [NLR] OutLaw. Reason: cant spell or edit

DON'T GET THE WIN 8.1 UPDATE!! 9 years 11 months ago #185201

• [NLR] Finn
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Be Obscure Clearly~e.b.white
  • Thank you received: 577
I'm a win 8.1 user too, but my app won't open. I wonder if I got an auto update and this is the result.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [111th]BACONZMMMM

DON'T GET THE WIN 8.1 UPDATE!! 9 years 11 months ago #185202

• ZebraUp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

H.L.Finn wrote: I'm a win 8.1 user too, but my app won't open. I wonder if I got an auto update and this is the result.

Just delete the app & then get it again from the Windows app store and then it should work.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Raider

Last edit: by ZebraUp.

DON'T GET THE WIN 8.1 UPDATE!! 9 years 11 months ago #185206

• Elim
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 845
I deleted it and reinstalled. It worked perfectly.

The Official 111th Falcon Squadron Thread 9 years 11 months ago #185462

• 111th| Heroicz
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Top 100 {Moraf}.."Try Not To Think About It ?" :)
  • Thank you received: 291
For crying out loud Zeb, well about time sumthing slowed u up??? :lol: My prayer has been answered!!!! I knew your plane or you were at too high of a rate of speed!!!!!!! Now just a couple of more reductions for you arealbots..lol more lke areal killer's hahaha!!! & you complaining????? I never heard you complain about the pilot's that u & other Transformers have annihilated!!!!! (sigh)....(ps) Zeb...I luv u mann!!!! :cheer: :P :sick: :woohoo: B) :) :whistle:
The 111th Falcon Squadron.. Marshal of The Royal Air Force.

The Official 111th Falcon Squadron Thread 9 years 11 months ago #185478

• ZebraUp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

*111|Heroicz~~ wrote: For crying out loud Zeb, well about time sumthing slowed u up??? :lol: My prayer has been answered!!!! I knew your plane or you were at too high of a rate of speed!!!!!!! Now just a couple of more reductions for you arealbots..lol more lke areal killer's hahaha!!! & you complaining????? I never heard you complain about the pilot's that u & other Transformers have annihilated!!!!! (sigh)....(ps) Zeb...I luv u mann!!!! :cheer: :P :sick: :woohoo: B) :) :whistle:

Well my supposedly top tier Red Baron plane flies more like this:

The following user(s) said Thank You: TOPH, 111th|On_Wings_oF, King of the Skys, Sharp Shooter

The Official 111th Falcon Squadron Thread 9 years 11 months ago #185829

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13142
The Windows update is out: apps.microsoft.com/windows/app/dogfight/...a4-885a-d5ae4d00e1e5
you should know whether you have it because the Fokker Dr.1 is not red.

Let me know whether this fixes the issue with speed and windows 8.1 game blue screens.

DON'T GET THE WIN 8.1 UPDATE!! 9 years 11 months ago #185924

• Sharp Shooter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Life member DAV / AIRBORNE All The Way
  • Thank you received: 763

I don't like the. 52 update at all or the so called better red baron we got stuck with and our other paid plane lost. Cant buy gun for pilot either and now. 53 coming out. No telling what that will bring with it. Probably another half hearted reach around lol

DON'T GET THE WIN 8.1 UPDATE!! 9 years 11 months ago #185925

• Sharp Shooter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Yes hold off. Update took away my newly bought and upgraded ev and replaced with red baron. Reply sucked. I got it again and sure hope they don't steal it again and give me something I had with a so called improvement. Support made it sound like I shouldn't complain Cu's "we gave u a reach around" that's all fine and dandy but didn't decent want the screwing in first place lol
The following user(s) said Thank You: Elim

DON'T GET THE WIN 8.1 UPDATE!! 9 years 11 months ago #185937

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
You just arrived and all you did was post complaining and talking to people like you know them. I suggest you read a bit in the forum because some of us have been here for years. It was well explained the reason for the change and why nothing was "taken away". Calm down and read the forum instead of posting and adding everywhere you see a bit of a complain.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mac

DON'T GET THE WIN 8.1 UPDATE!! 9 years 11 months ago #186072

• Sharp Shooter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Yes something was taken and replaced I acknowledged that. I did read the forum. It was still lame don't know why you cant see the other side as well. The plane replaced was still on the game so if it was wanted had to be repurchased that was t right even tho we got slightly improved red baron. Don't really care if you been here for years or a week if you see something you want and buy it it should stay is all I was saying. So what your saying is tough I get that but still wrong. When u purchase something you expect what you bought. And as I did read forum j know I'm not the only one disappointed over it. So you don't like complaints if players don't like something? If I don't understand or like it I will do the support thing and info at echoboom. That's supposed to be what that is for right? Heard there is new update. Taking anything this time and replacing? Hope not. While you update try fixing pilot gun purchase that takes money but gives no gun. Oh but wait. You don't want to be bothered I should go to forum.. didn't see anything there so thought id mention it. Hope that's okay with you. And wasn't talking to folks like I knew them was "replying to and commenting on guess what other complaints. And if you don't talk to people how are you supposed to get to know them or find out anything. Its not all in the forum allthough I do find it to be informative for quite a few things.

DON'T GET THE WIN 8.1 UPDATE!! 9 years 10 months ago #186526

• ZebraUp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Hola zuperman...

Got the update with the different skin on the Dr.1 but still no difference.. both my top tier planes fly slow..
Was in a dogfight mission with Whiplash who asked me if my plane was slow because him shooting me down was easier than he thought it should be.
My own squadron pilot Treybien was able to shoot me down quite easily in a ctc mission..
My top tier planes still fly slooooooow...
I hope you fix it soon!

DON'T GET THE WIN 8.1 UPDATE!! 9 years 10 months ago #186702

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
zebra can you take a screenshot of your hangar with the dr1? I'm curious to see how it looks because it should fly like the previous albatros d5 :?
The following user(s) said Thank You: ZebraUp, Elim

DON'T GET THE WIN 8.1 UPDATE!! 9 years 10 months ago #186894

• Acegirl
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • i'm not bad. i'm just drawn that way
  • Thank you received: 9806
Hola Zebra and Zuperman. I am a win 8.1 player and I am afraid Zebra is right, the German planes are flying different, they do seem slower and maneuver is also slower, in my case I am just trying to adapt. I do not have the top plane Red Baron so would not be able to comment on that one. I did have problems on the top American plane; when I did the past windows store DF upgrade. Problem I had was that when I spent money on upgrades for plane they did not show on the bars, but the money was used. With this new upgrade the bars now show the upgrade when I spend the money, but those 2 previous upgrades seems I did loss. Oh well will keep playing to make the money back, any way thank you for the game it truly is fun. P.S. thumbs up on some of the new paint jobs, but the red baron look better on its Snoopy colors and hope you can find a way to speed up those planes for Zebra an us Win 8.1 players.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ZebraUp, TOPH

DON'T GET THE WIN 8.1 UPDATE!! 9 years 10 months ago #186949

• ZebraUp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

zuperman wrote: zebra can you take a screenshot of your hangar with the dr1? I'm curious to see how it looks because it should fly like the previous albatros d5 :?

It does not fly like my former Albatros D.V.a - but it isn't just this top tier plane either, my SE5a doesn't fly or turn anything even close to like it did before. I am quite easily shot down by pilots that I used to have wonderful air battles with in the past.

DON'T GET THE WIN 8.1 UPDATE!! 9 years 10 months ago #187277

• ZebraUp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Okay, that's it.. I just watched an Airco out turn me multiple times & speed by me faster that my SE5a could go. Not to mention ever other plane in the dogfight mission was faster & turned quicker than my supposedly top tier plane.. even a Nieuport XI & a D.III

I guess I will check back in a week or 2 to see if it's the same...

DON'T GET THE WIN 8.1 UPDATE!! 9 years 10 months ago #188542

• Viper10{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Tip of the spear
  • Thank you received: 7914

Does anyone know a fix for the app not even loading? Mine does the blue screen thing, then goes right to an icon on the taskbar of my windows 8.1 laptop. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app numerous time with no joy and have been down for over 2 weeks now. Im getting lots of work done around the house but I'd much rather be flying.....

United We Prowl/Together We Howl

DON'T GET THE WIN 8.1 UPDATE!! 9 years 10 months ago #188595

• BStrachan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 650

Hi guys I got my son a windows tablet he's playing but chat dosnt work would u know y ? :) thanx

DON'T GET THE WIN 8.1 UPDATE!! 9 years 10 months ago #188854

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
does he get any message or anything when he tries to chat?
there is an option on settings/graphics to disable the chat, but that's about it.

DON'T GET THE WIN 8.1 UPDATE!! 9 years 10 months ago #188976

• [NLR] OutLaw
mine shows the dogfight page like it is starting up then just clicks off and goes to taskbar never opening up game. just started today I guess I haven't played much since update because planes were to slow and couldn't even shoot down a toothpick plane. oh well try again later if not there is always war thunder and warplanes without all the drama...shame to because this could be a desent game

DON'T GET THE WIN 8.1 UPDATE!! 9 years 10 months ago #189152

• Viper10{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Tip of the spear

Darkhorse you described exactly what mine is doing. This is a decent game, more than decent.. a whole lot of fun and it is very frustrating to suddenly not be able to play any more. If you figure it out let me know and I will do the same.

DON'T GET THE WIN 8.1 UPDATE!! 9 years 10 months ago #189173

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Microsoft had a problem with the update, what you need to do is remove the app and reinstall it. It fixes it.

DON'T GET THE WIN 8.1 UPDATE!! 9 years 10 months ago #189199

• Viper10{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Tip of the spear

zuperman wrote: Microsoft had a problem with the update, what you need to do is remove the app and reinstall it. It fixes it.

I think my O/S is the problem because I have removed and reinstalled it several times with no joy. I appreciate your attention in this matter zup, and especially your patience with us schmucks who cannot seem to get the game to work. I looked in announcements but cant pinpoint your post which addressed the "fix" for my particular issue. Iffn you could point me in the right direction I would be much appreciative.

Just so you know there are lots of posts on the Microsoft board which deal with the same issue, only other apps like the store. Kinda leads me to believe it is more a windows 8.1 issue and not a dogfight issue. Regardless I am still grounded until I can get it sorted out. If any other board members have experienced the 8.1 issues and resolved them I am all ears...

Jim

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.564 seconds