• Page:

TOPIC:

machinegun for tanks 9 years 11 months ago #184908

• darraxx
  • darraxx's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 10674
Ok the new tank are ok but they need extra defense. I'm thinking a single machine gun with 100 rounds.
The following user(s) said Thank You: onsekone, [*M] MISFIT CROCKETT, [M]FOX#1, [*M]VonHuLK, [TFL] Robert33, Mac, Raider

Please Log in to join the conversation.

machinegun for tanks 9 years 11 months ago #184911

• Mongo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fly like its stolen shoot like you mean to keep it
  • Thank you received: 6558
Maybe a faster reload rate. I can usually get one plane coming for me but the second one gets me before reload.

Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or an idiot from any direction
(.Y.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]SnakePlissken, [*M]VonHuLK, Raider

machinegun for tanks 9 years 11 months ago #184912

• [M]yGUNNZZ
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 1768
Both of those are really good ideals with a gun tanks would be a big factor
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]VonHuLK

machinegun for tanks 9 years 11 months ago #184924

• Mac
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • They Hate me, but They Can't get Enough of me...
  • Thank you received: 1411
Hell yes. Darraxx, that would be the greatest idea ever. Especially since i suck at Fousting!

Edit: maybe like 30 bullets, because that would make tanks a little TOO O.P. imo...
You're getting predictable, guys. You can do better, right?

Last edit: by Mac.

machinegun for tanks 9 years 11 months ago #184928

• [*M] MISFIT CROCKETT
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 13215
I like surface to air missiles (SAMs )

Now that would be cool. :woohoo: :woohoo:
The following user(s) said Thank You: EchoSaber, Dr CurtisShoe

machinegun for tanks 9 years 11 months ago #184931

• [M]FOX#1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "I sniff through the desert like a fox"Erwin Romel
  • Thank you received: 3804
ooooooo. sams would b cool! but how about a main gun that u could aim! :silly:

machinegun for tanks 9 years 11 months ago #184933

• EchoSaber
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 271

[m]Misfit Crockett wrote: I like surface to air missiles (SAMs )

Who needs a machine gun when ya got a SAMS!!!
WoT ingame name - Nijenrode

machinegun for tanks 9 years 11 months ago #184934

• Longrifle
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 876
The tanks already have a lot of offensive power in the game. They sometimes carry out floating attacks on carriers, fire indirect with a forward observer attached to the shell to map the trajectory, climb terrain like a Willy's, run at speeds way in excess of the historical 4.0-4.5 mph, turn on a dime, have no mechanical breakdowns other than tipping over, and could have never realistically engaged an aircraft with the main gun.

World of Tanks is probably the right simulation to add offensive firepower to tracked vehicles, not Dogfight.
This Gun's For Hire

The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate, [TFL] Robert33, Mac

machinegun for tanks 9 years 11 months ago #184976

• darraxx
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Please.rember during ww1 planes.didn't go around attacking tanks. And lone soldiers didn't attack tanks on foot either. This is just something to help the tank combat multiple plane attacks. And in ww1 tanks did attack the observation balloons.

machinegun for tanks 9 years 11 months ago #184978

• Mac
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • They Hate me, but They Can't get Enough of me...
  • Thank you received: 1411

darraxx wrote: Please.rember during ww1 planes.didn't go around attacking tanks. And lone soldiers didn't attack tanks on foot either. This is just something to help the tank combat multiple plane attacks. And in ww1 tanks did attack the observation balloons.

well then, think it would be a good idea to add an "eject" button to keep tank and air battles apart?
You're getting predictable, guys. You can do better, right?

machinegun for tanks 9 years 11 months ago #184991

• DD | *Joker*
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • now and forever a Devils Dragon
  • Thank you received: 191
Sounds like a good idea get rid of the secondary tank control on the left while in aim mode and turn it into the machine gun fire button...kinda like how plane has fire and bomb button.
If one dragon has your scent, then every dragon has your scent...run

machinegun for tanks 9 years 11 months ago #184993

• darraxx
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
This would be just a.secondary defense to main gun during reload. Since even if reload time sped up it wouldn't be fast enough to defend against multiple planes and 100 rounds is what the Lewis guns had per drum. Just add a fire button to choose what gun fires

machinegun for tanks 9 years 11 months ago #185021

• Mäx Vön Müller
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 8
Why do you get a german tank, when your on the allied side. There should be an allied tank and a german tank.

machinegun for tanks 9 years 11 months ago #185026

• DD | Ace of spades44
  • heyo
  • Thank you received: 13
I would love a machine gun on the tank it would help u to at least have a chance to defend yourself from multiple planes

machinegun for tanks 9 years 11 months ago #185028

• Meganmae
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • you'll remember me..
  • Thank you received: 834
good thinking :) they should be pink though.. :whistle: :woohoo:
[/quote

machinegun for tanks 9 years 11 months ago #185050

• [TFL] Robert33
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Hoot Hoot Shoot
  • Thank you received: 411

[*M] TR wrote: Maybe a faster reload rate. I can usually get one plane coming for me but the second one gets me before reload.

Just one problem... Folks who love to spawnkill from a tank will definitely love the reload when that happens...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Raider

machinegun for tanks 9 years 11 months ago #185052

• Longrifle
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

darraxx wrote: Please.rember during ww1 planes.didn't go around attacking tanks. And lone soldiers didn't attack tanks on foot either. This is just something to help the tank combat multiple plane attacks. And in ww1 tanks did attack the observation balloons.

Actually there are many instances of aircraft attacking tanks, and taking them out. Von Greim recorded the first I can find record of, but even in the first tank to tank battle there is a record of bombs from aircraft hitting the British male tank (the one with cannon instead of machine guns). In the Somme offensive the Germans called all the artillery and air resources to help contain the breakthrough, and although most tanks simply ground to a halt, it seems many were targeted by ariel artillery observers and attack aircraft. British ground attack squadrons were tasked to stop the German breakout in 1918, including stopping the few Marks and the captured Allied tanks taking part in the offensive. The SE5 and several other carried racks for 20 pounders, perfect for 8 to 10 mm armor, which was thinner on top. Radiators could be punched, and German Maxims and riflemen on the ground took out allied tanks by pounding the thin armor, so why not aircraft with the same caliber guns? By the end of the war both sides had dedicated ground attack squadrons, though losses were steep, and both were tasked to pursue targets of opportunity. Edit: Ernst Udet got credit for a tank destroyed.

What's more unlikely; an aircraft taking out a slow moving target of opportunity, or there being a fully operational tank waiting on the ground for every shot down pilot, regardless of where in the field, and pilots who suddenly have a perfect command of balky early armor and can run all half dozen or more positions on the crew, alone, without having to navigate those pesky trenches or shell craters that stopped most tanks? Nowhere can I find any record of a tank knocking down an aircraft, which seems the most unlikely of all. Plenty of records of aircraft that were cut in half by artillery fire by pure bad luck, so I would think that if a tank had actually hit one there would be a record of it.

I think the tanks have more than historical combat power as it stands, and adding guns would make them too powerful.
This Gun's For Hire

Last edit: by Longrifle.

machinegun for tanks 9 years 11 months ago #185110

• darraxx
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Thanks long good point. But this is the French tank and it dose have two bun one of witch is a machine gun
all.I'm saying is a gun with 100rounds will help when you tank with some distance to cover even at Max speed these tanks are sitting ducks. And if your in a tank with no air cover it would be nice to make it more than ten feet

machinegun for tanks 9 years 11 months ago #185112

• Raider
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • GI's Sneaky Pilot
  • Thank you received: 168

Nijenrode wrote:

[m]Misfit Crockett wrote: I like surface to air missiles (SAMs )

Who needs a machine gun when ya got a SAMS!!!

Just a fact. SAMS weren't invented yet during WW1 but the development of it started during WW2 and started to become fully operational during the 50's and evolved in each generation. If Sams were included in this game, it will be more like a modern dogfight than a historical dogfight lol :lol:

Last edit: by Raider.

machinegun for tanks 9 years 11 months ago #185141

• Longrifle
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

darraxx wrote: Thanks long good point. But this is the French tank and it dose have two bun one of witch is a machine gun
all.I'm saying is a gun with 100rounds will help when you tank with some distance to cover even at Max speed these tanks are sitting ducks. And if your in a tank with no air cover it would be nice to make it more than ten feet

True, the Renault, the British Mark V and the German A7V that Zup originally profiled carried a wide array of machine guns. I worry that the stable gun platform of a tank in the game would push the needle in favor of tanks holding the bulk of the combat power in the game. Even with limited ammo, good burst control could make it nearly impossible to keep tanks away from bases or carriers, and would make them a force in dogfight missions. A tank usually has half to a third of the field to go when initially started, and a gun that ranges about a fifth of the field, so MGs might make it a certainty that tanks get to cannon range. Again, probably not the intent in an aerial combat simulator to make armor the most potent threat.

The chute rifle are already too powerful of a combat threat, and a ludicrous one from a historical perspective. Most scout aircraft didn't employ chutes until late in the war, and even then where are you going to tuck a heavy and bulky Mauser or Lee-Enfield in the tiny cockpit. When a paratroop hits the silk anything not attached is probably headed with gravity at 9.8 meters per second, per second to the drop zone below to be smashed and bent, as you can't hang on when the deceleration hits. Neither of those rifles could fire semi-auto, or carry as many rounds as the game without a reload, and both airborne reloading and the ability to take down a speeding scout plane from the silk is beyond the realm of possibility.

IMO, the combat power in a flight game should rest with the planes.
This Gun's For Hire

The following user(s) said Thank You: onsekone

machinegun for tanks 9 years 11 months ago #185156

• darraxx
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I see your point and that.is why I'm.saying only 100 rounds Max with no reload for machine gun that way its limited. We could do 50 rounds that sound more right. I don't want to turn the balance to tanks just add a bit of protection. And once you've spent the rounds on machine gun hats it then all you have is the main gun

machinegun for tanks 9 years 11 months ago #185167

• Cricket
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • The Mayor
  • Thank you received: 1166
Not a big fan of the idea. I think the current balancing of the tanks is perfect. You get an advantage being able to hit carriers/hangars from a distance, but you lose your defensive capabilities. Your protection should be your teammates and not added guns. If there aren't any teammates in the air, make that one shot count!
The following user(s) said Thank You: onsekone

Last edit: by Cricket.

machinegun for tanks 9 years 11 months ago #185176

• Longrifle
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
It would be fun to machine gun infantry though, but not as fun as it is to blow them sky high with a tank shell.
This Gun's For Hire

machinegun for tanks 9 years 11 months ago #185197

• Longrifle
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
speaking of machine gun fodder, a shout out to all the naval infantry types out there in DF land.

This Gun's For Hire

machinegun for tanks 9 years 11 months ago #185251

• 111th| Heroicz
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Top 100 {Moraf}.."Try Not To Think About It ?" :)
  • Thank you received: 291
So true this topic is...& good news. The comments I've read are very helpful. One of the best is the reduction of rounds for the machine guns on tanks from 100 to a maxium of 50 rounds. Yea, we don't wanna turn this into a tank game, although it seems that dogfight pilots are getting this new updated tank thing under control...forcing the trooper to focus in harder on planes making the skillz of players previous & now twice as deadly..gud luck to the developers....this is going great!!!!Tank shots have improve greatly. Still minor problems on maneuvering although...up hills etc...too realistic lol...actually, can't ever be real enough, works for me. :) :) :)
The 111th Falcon Squadron.. Marshal of The Royal Air Force.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.514 seconds