TOPIC:

Please take the time to read this thread. Thanks 9 years 11 months ago #183347

• jacklpe
  • jacklpe's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • If you got it, a trucker brought it!
  • Thank you received: 3027
Well, as anyone who follows the goings on around here would have suspected, it turns out the Star Chamber over at MOM is nothing more than a place for a few to sit around and say what they wouldn't say in public. We've all done it. Most of us aren't dumb enough to create such a permanent record of it. Book smart, sidewalk stupid? You guys can all judge that for yourselves.

I'm aware that many things were said about many of us, including me, that may be hurtful or just generally piss us off. Honestly, it really doesn't matter. We all know what they are all about, the tone of their conversations, and the general lack of respect that they have for so many of us. I now want to ask you, who cares? If a bunch of educated fools want to tear people down to make themselves feel important, let them. The unhappiness... The bitterness that they feel towards their fellow man will only hurt them. It means they are pathetic, not us. It shouldn't hurt the rest of us. This gets me to the point of this post.

This forum provides a lot of happiness for so many of us. I'm a long haul truck driver who is away from home A LOT. This forum is a fun place where I can come chat with so many of you who have proven yourselves to be wonderful people. My little thread, that I am so proud of, has provided me with so much enjoyment and so many laughs. It has also given me the opportunity to create REAL friendships with some of you. Thank you.

When all of this started earlier today, Zuperman explained what has happened, what he has done to correct the situation, and what we should do if we feel that we must take anything to another level. Personally, I could care less what they have said about me. I'm glad that I was somehow that important to them. I would like to ask all of you to step back and ask yourselves if the opinion of these kind of people, and their words really matter to you. They certainly don't to me.

Zuperman also requested that we refrain from over discussing this on the forum. He stated that he would delete material pertaining to this subject, and would go further if necessary. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that that could mean suspending, or even permanently disabling our forum. I don't want that to happen, and hopefully most of you don't either. Why let a few misguided individuals ruin this for the rest of us? The damage to their credibility has been done. They won't recover. There is no reason that the rest of us should be affected.

Thanks.

Dave (Jacklpe)

Contact The Jolly Roger at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manfred, [NLR]*XxXxX*, Stormbringer, Sir Wumper, [LB] Pedrinho, GreyGhost, |111th| John II, [*M]bhfoust, Jasonmc, [M*]JÄCK BÜRTÖN1 and 12 other people also said thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Please take the time to read this thread. Thanks 9 years 11 months ago #183350

• [*M]VonHuLK
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • BOOM Game Over...
  • Thank you received: 21656
Thank You Sir.

ALL IN 100%
The following user(s) said Thank You: jacklpe, DD I Stranger

Please take the time to read this thread. Thanks 9 years 11 months ago #183353

• DD I Stranger
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 414
Hear, hear.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jacklpe

Please take the time to read this thread. Thanks 9 years 11 months ago #183359

• Mac
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • They Hate me, but They Can't get Enough of me...
  • Thank you received: 1411
Thank you. My only concern was that they would remain/regain in positions of authority, and viciously continue to eliminate all those who stood in their way. Now that this has been taken care of, i will return to my Fortress of Solitude.
You're getting predictable, guys. You can do better, right?

Please take the time to read this thread. Thanks 9 years 11 months ago #183360

• [M] Congress
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • I am POW/MIA, but I shall return!
  • Thank you received: 412
Please see my response with the new topic in regards to "over discussing" this issue. If need be Jack, it should just move to your tavern where it can be further discussed.
I SHALL RETURN!

The Congress has declared war on Dogfight. Watch out... Congress is in Session!!

Please take the time to read this thread. Thanks 9 years 11 months ago #183363

• jacklpe
  • jacklpe's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • If you got it, a trucker brought it!
  • Thank you received: 3027
This matter is verboten in my tavern. I wouldn't want to soil the place with discussion of it. I only post this because I don't want all of us to suffer over the actions of a few.

Contact The Jolly Roger at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Flying muck, Jasonmc, [*M]VonHuLK, DD I Stranger, [M] Congress, King of the Skys

Please take the time to read this thread. Thanks 9 years 11 months ago #183369

• Jasonmc
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 804

jacklpe wrote: Well, as anyone who follows the goings on around here would have suspected, it turns out the Star Chamber over at MOM is nothing more than a place for a few to sit around and say what they wouldn't say in public. We've all done it. Most of us aren't dumb enough to create such a permanent record of it. Book smart, sidewalk stupid? You guys can all judge that for yourselves.

I'm aware that many things were said about many of us, including me, that may be hurtful or just generally piss us off. Honestly, it really doesn't matter. We all know what they are all about, the tone of their conversations, and the general lack of respect that they have for so many of us. I now want to ask you, who cares? If a bunch of educated fools want to tear people down to make themselves feel important, let them. The unhappiness... The bitterness that they feel towards their fellow man will only hurt them. It means they are pathetic, not us. It shouldn't hurt the rest of us. This gets me to the point of this post.

This forum provides a lot of happiness for so many of us. I'm a long haul truck driver who is away from home A LOT. This forum is a fun place where I can come chat with so many of you who have proven yourselves to be wonderful people. My little thread, that I am so proud of, has provided me with so much enjoyment and so many laughs. It has also given me the opportunity to create REAL friendships with some of you. Thank you.

When all of this started earlier today, Zuperman explained what has happened, what he has done to correct the situation, and what we should do if we feel that we must take anything to another level. Personally, I could care less what they have said about me. I'm glad that I was somehow that important to them. I would like to ask all of you to step back and ask yourselves if the opinion of these kind of people, and their words really matter to you. They certainly don't to me.

Zuperman also requested that we refrain from over discussing this on the forum. He stated that he would delete material pertaining to this subject, and would go further if necessary. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that that could mean suspending, or even permanently disabling our forum. I don't want that to happen, and hopefully most of you don't either. Why let a few misguided individuals ruin this for the rest of us? The damage to their credibility has been done. They won't recover. There is no reason that the rest of us should be affected.

Thanks.

Dave (Jacklpe)

Post of the year
The following user(s) said Thank You: [LB] Pedrinho, jacklpe, DD I Stranger, King of the Skys, Mac

Please take the time to read this thread. Thanks 9 years 11 months ago #183372

• Rudolf Rednose
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 2783
Hi Jack,

I need a drink.......make it a double!

We need a good barman like you. Thanks!

Please take the time to read this thread. Thanks 9 years 11 months ago #183377

• [LB] Pedrinho
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • I took the RED PILL!
  • Thank you received: 2425
JasonMC, im with you: Post of the year.
Jacklpe, you doesnt exist.

I took the RED PILL!

Please take the time to read this thread. Thanks 9 years 11 months ago #183387

• woospy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • --Enigma Squad Member-- [e] Titus Pullo
  • Thank you received: 417
Hi Jack !

Hope you are well.

As you remember I had words in public when i wanted to close a thread about politic and religion leading by your friend Dr Dave, but in private messages you (and the Doctor) were the nicest guy to speak with, and i have respect for you two notably for that but not only.

It would looks like the actual story would be the opposite, some friends in public, real enemies in private.

I do not think it is as easy, as MoM's have never hidden their different opinions.

I will be happy to fly with/or against Wig and Whipplash.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Flying muck

Please take the time to read this thread. Thanks 9 years 11 months ago #183388

• [NLR] McFate
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't believe everything you think.
  • Thank you received: 5398
"A stranger stabs you in the front... An enemy stabs you in the back... but real friends don’t carry knives."
The following user(s) said Thank You: jacklpe, [*M]bhfoust, [*M]VonHuLK, [M]BlackAce303

Last edit: by [NLR] McFate. Reason: removed unnecessary bs.

Please take the time to read this thread. Thanks 9 years 11 months ago #183396

• woospy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • --Enigma Squad Member-- [e] Titus Pullo
  • Thank you received: 417
Do not know Mac, as I do not have a secret site.

I do not need one as you may be know.

I just note that have one is not illegal, and it does not hurt anyone if it keeps secret.

I note as well that Davy was not fired from Mom's by something decided in secret, he decided to leave after knowing.

I am sincerely sorry for him, as he must may be hurt by what he read, and he has all my sympathy.

I will be happy to play with/against him, as he is a legend here who always act with honor.

(Sorry if it is not understandable as it is difficult for me in english and you edited/erased a good part of your post when i was typing)
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]bhfoust, [NLR] McFate, [*M]VonHuLK

Last edit: by woospy.

Please take the time to read this thread. Thanks 9 years 11 months ago #183507

• Manfred
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Just Manfred
  • Thank you received: 3866
Huh, what? Sorry, I've been away from the game and forum. I come back, and the first three pages I read sound like Don Sterling Meets the Star Chamber. Is there any time when drama ceases here? Sheesh, it's like I never left.

Ok Jacko, I won't pollute the forum and especially the JollyR with this topic, whatever it is. If someone has a nice succinct summary, please PM me and bring me up to speed with the soap opera As The WorldChat Turns.

Manfred
The following user(s) said Thank You: jacklpe, [*M]bhfoust, [*M]VonHuLK

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.839 seconds