• Page:

TOPIC:

What will happen when we hitt 10 million? 9 years 11 months ago #182261

• bellsaj
  • bellsaj's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 3094
As I suspect it isn't far until we start hitting the 10 million, what will happen?
Will players be locked in place as they hitt the roof or will it be the same circus as last time?

I personally can't get it why there is a roof. Only reason I could see a purpose of a roof for level 31 is that there is a level 32 when you hit the roof.

I think this is something that have to be attended right now.
The #100 was a total joke last time we hit the roof and we DON'T want that to be repeated this time.
Don´t live life faster then your guardian angel can fly
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wigbomb, [*M]VonHuLK

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by bellsaj.

What will happen when we hitt 10 million? 9 years 11 months ago #182283

• [*M] MISFIT CROCKETT
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 13215
Good post BELL, IM HOPING FOR A LEVEL 32 someday.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]VonHuLK

What will happen when we hitt 10 million? 9 years 11 months ago #182284

• tKestrel old
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 3991

Wait for it

Wait for it....

NOTHING!!!! LMBO.
Probably 20 million. Would be cool for the first that gets to 10 mil gets a tshirt or something, cause thats serious dedication to df.
Retired in the skies of Dogfight.
Raising Hell in the skies of Warthunder

What will happen when we hitt 10 million? 9 years 11 months ago #182288

• bellsaj
  • bellsaj's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 3094
If Echoboom isn't going to introduce a level 32, and we won't get locked in as we hit the roof, but he's going to raise the roof by another 10 million. They better do it right now.
A lot of players hit the roof at 1 million and didn't get any more points, letting other players to catch up with them before the roof was raised.
That isn't fair to those who fought hard and long for there place in the top.
I'm not one of those that was effected by the 1 million roof but I can feel their anger and frustration over it.

Echoboom have had a long time to figure out a solution for this and I sure hope they have used the time well and that they didn't just raised the roof and then forgot all about it.

If left as it was the last time it'll cause a storm. DON'T LET THAT HAPPEN.

DC that someday better come quick.

Kes I'm sorry, but I don't think this is a laughing matter.
There is a tremendous amount of time and energy put to this game in order to reach 10.000.000 points
Don´t live life faster then your guardian angel can fly

Last edit: by bellsaj.

What will happen when we hitt 10 million? 9 years 11 months ago #182292

• [*M]Reckless
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • The pilot formerly known as Porkfinger
  • Thank you received: 2690
You get 10 MILLION COINS TO SPEND ON RIFLES FOR YOUR SOLDIER! Because there's nothing else to buy :cheer:

SANITY IS HIGHLY OVERRATED....

What will happen when we hitt 10 million? 9 years 11 months ago #182381

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13142
maybe receive a box of candies? gummy bears?... not sure what to do :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mongo

What will happen when we hitt 10 million? 9 years 11 months ago #182425

• Joaquin
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 46
Thanks for this post, Anders, it's something I've discussed briefly with zuperman.

Joaquin, it's feels uncomfortable talking too much about this since I'm very close to the ten million points mark. Obviously I would like there to be some incentive for continuing to play Dogfight. The game itself and the community are certainly worth sticking around for, but it's much more difficult to stay motivated if there are no rewards. (and no, thank you, I don't care for gummy bears. But if you can figure out how to box up Penélope Cruz and ship her, I wouldn't tell the FedEx guy to send her back to Madrid.)

Not just for my own interest but for the sake of the players coming up behind me, I agree that there should be some sort of incentive for continuing to play beyond Level 31; if not to unlock bonus content or items at predetermined point levels, (new missions/vehicles/weapons and boosted/unlimited performance are common in online gaming) then at least to reach a still higher rank.

Many games offer the incentive of being able to "prestige" your player. Prestige mode assigns the player a rank, medal or other bonus indicating that he/she has cycled through the ranks to the very top and started over with some sort of re-start bonus.

Right now we're all playing hard to reach the current goal but when that goal is reached soon there will be no point (and no points) in playing. For the fun of the game, obviously, but who plays a video game without new levels or thresholds to unlock?

I won't pretend that I'm not concerned about this for personal reasons. When I hit the 10,000,000 maximum I'll be frozen in place, no more progress, no more points, sitting and waiting while everyone else has all the time they need to match my score. There's not much fun in racing if you're forced to sit on the sidelines while the other racers catch up.

You should take this as a compliment to your work and your game; none of us wants to "get to the end".

--wig--

Last edit: by Joaquin.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.389 seconds