Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Zuperman's greatest idea yet: limited fuel 10 years 1 day ago #176718

• ZebraUp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Flying & Fighting with STYLE!
  • Thank you received: 4244

[M] TR wrote: This is a great idea. One that i and others spoke up for quite some time ago. The idea that it would hurt a shorthanded defender is not valid. The defender, if he id smart makes his defense near his base. The reds have to burn fuel all the way over and cannot stick around to camp or spawnkill, while the defender has fuel to maneuver far in excess of the attackers. I have landed to reload in shorthanded games successfully many times, and if shot down i respawn fully loaded! Great idea whose time has come Zup!

Actually it wouldn't keep someone from camping out.. but I wonder if you did a high sneak or around sneak if after bombing you would have sufficient fuel to return to base? If this 'limited fuel' thing removes such tactics from the game I feel as though it would hurt the basic parameters of the game, which is to have many variables available to win missions.

It would be fundamentally detrimental to the game.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fiery Tiger

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Zuperman's greatest idea yet: limited fuel 10 years 1 day ago #176719

• Mac
  • Mac's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • They Hate me, but They Can't get Enough of me...
  • Thank you received: 1411

{£}ZebraUp wrote: Actually it wouldn't keep someone from camping.

Well, you would know, wouldn't you, zebra?
You're getting predictable, guys. You can do better, right?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr Dave.

Zuperman's greatest idea yet: limited fuel 10 years 1 day ago #176722

• ZebraUp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Mac McMaster wrote:

With that snide remark Mac all I have to say is YES! I LOVE CAMPING!
(but I don't camp in 6 vs 2 or any # vs 1 games.. nor do I include spawnkilling in my camping gear.. just a hammock & marshmellows! :lol:
Limited fuel won't stop me from camping.. but instead have the opposite effect, since I know I won't have the fuel to return to my base after dancing thru the skies with you reds in joyful celebration of my successfully bombing your hangars/carrier then there is no appealing factor to make me want to leave.. instead I will then endeavor to shoot so many of you down that by the time of my eventual death when I go bingo fuel my other teammates/bombers will have flown in unopposed and decimated your base by time I die..
works for me! :P
* & btw, you seem to have missed the point of my entire previous comment.. which is anything that limits the game & tactics used is harmful to the game itself!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fiery Tiger

Last edit: by ZebraUp.

Zuperman's greatest idea yet: limited fuel 10 years 1 day ago #176724

• |111th|tSwopCaml
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 809
I dont think one will have to "buy fuel"..Its my understanding that wont be the case...If it is...it will be a "one time charge"...

Echo...dont let one aspect keep you from the game my friend... GREAT to cya....and a fabulous Falcon

Zuperman's greatest idea yet: limited fuel 10 years 1 day ago #176725

• Mac
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked

{£}ZebraUp wrote:

Mac McMaster wrote:

(but I don't camp in 6 vs 2 or any # vs 1 games.. nor do I include spawnkilling in my camping gear.. just a hammock & marshmellows! :lol:
Limited fuel won't stop me from camping.. but instead have the opposite effect, since I know I won't have the fuel to return to my base after dancing thru the skies with you reds in joyful celebration of my successfully bombing your hangars/carrier then there is no appealing factor to make me want to leave.. instead I will then endeavor to shoot so many of you down that by the time of my eventual death when I go bingo fuel my other teammates/bombers will have flown in unopposed and decimated your base by time I die..
* & btw, you seem to have missed the point of my entire previous comment.. which is anything that limits the game & tactics used is harmful to the game itself!

I got the point of your comment completely, I just had to make a snide remark.

Zuperman's greatest idea yet: limited fuel 10 years 1 day ago #176728

• LF Spitfire
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • If it flys, it dies
  • Thank you received: 123
Its only 4km from base to base......js
if u burn a tank of gas in 4kms u might wanna convert hahaxD

Zuperman's greatest idea yet: limited fuel 10 years 1 day ago #176738

• BTJ582
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2533

{£}ZebraUp wrote:

Mac McMaster wrote:

Speaking of camping. Will we able to purchase CAMP fuel as well as regular fuel with our new gas cards? I do have one problem with this refueling thing. I once had a gas card and I maxed it out on beer and burritos. I wonder if there will be limits?

I am an ex-submarine sailor who has taken the battle to the sky.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ZebraUp, [M] Congress

Zuperman's greatest idea yet: limited fuel 10 years 1 day ago #176748

• Dr Dave.
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • EXTERMINATE
  • Thank you received: 2818
Well it looks like if your gonna camp and spawn kill now its gonna cost you some coin. What's wrong with that?
I could care....But I dont

Zuperman's greatest idea yet: limited fuel 10 years 1 day ago #176750

• [M] Congress
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • I am POW/MIA, but I shall return!
  • Thank you received: 412
It isn't about spawnkilling or camping. It is about unnecessary and pointless fuel limits preventing players from truly enjoying the game.
I SHALL RETURN!

The Congress has declared war on Dogfight. Watch out... Congress is in Session!!

Zuperman's greatest idea yet: limited fuel 10 years 1 day ago #176752

• Heff006
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 219
I enjoy this game because of its realistic graphics, surely realistic feul limits should come with that. Other wise why not have unlimited bullets would be the same reasoning.

Zuperman's greatest idea yet: limited fuel 10 years 1 day ago #176753

• Dr Dave.
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • EXTERMINATE
  • Thank you received: 2818
It has everything to do with campers and SKers like Zebra and Jackson to name a few.
I could care....But I dont

Zuperman's greatest idea yet: limited fuel 10 years 1 day ago #176754

• ZebraUp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Heff006 wrote: I enjoy this game because of its realistic graphics, surely realistic feul limits should come with that. Other wise why not have unlimited bullets would be the same reasoning.

Well actually I think the bullet limitations we have now kind of is like a fuel limitation also.. when you run low or out of bullets you have to land anyway to re-arm.. so it is a bit like landing for refueling too at the same time.

Zuperman's greatest idea yet: limited fuel 10 years 1 day ago #176755

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13142
erm... guys, the icon is there but it is not as most are imagining. The idea for fuel will be related to Squadron Wars, not so much about realism.
The following user(s) said Thank You: |111th|tSwopCaml, Dr Dave., [*M]ONSTER CANNON, DD I Stranger, ZebraUp, [M] Congress, Mac

Zuperman's greatest idea yet: limited fuel 10 years 1 day ago #176756

• |111th|tSwopCaml
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Zuperman....thanks good friend...Can you help all of us understand the fuel thing from how it was, how it will be viewed on the latest update and how it will be for squadron wars? Feel free to say as little or as much much detail as you feel is appropriate cause I know there is much you dont want us to know...kinda a "not let the cat out of the bag" type thing :cheer: ....You know I'm your biggest fan...just interested in you helping us get a better picture of your wonderful work on the latest update and what your vision is for the future as well.

cheers my friend.

Zuperman's greatest idea yet: limited fuel 10 years 1 day ago #176757

• Heff006
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked

{£}ZebraUp wrote:

Heff006 wrote: I enjoy this game because of its realistic graphics, surely realistic feul limits should come with that. Other wise why not have unlimited bullets would be the same reasoning.

Well actually I think the bullet limitations we have now kind of is like a fuel limitation also.. when you run low or out of bullets you have to land anyway to re-arm.. so it is a bit like landing for refueling too at the same time.

ok so do you wait till you've used your last bullet then head back or keep a few for trouble on the way back?
Would be same with fuel.

Zuperman's greatest idea yet: limited fuel 10 years 1 day ago #176759

• |111th|tSwopCaml
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Heff...love your input on this open discussion....Maybe we should wait till Zuperman answers my question....We all are obviously missing something on our understanding on fuel...At least I think I may misunderstand...and maybe all of us are misunderstanding...

Zuperman....thoughts?

Zuperman's greatest idea yet: limited fuel 10 years 1 day ago #176760

• Heff006
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked

|111th|tSwopCaml wrote: Zuperman....thanks good friend...Can you help all of us understand the fuel thing from how it was, how it will be viewed on the latest update and how it will be for squadron wars? Feel free to say as little or as much much detail as you feel is appropriate cause I know there is much you dont want us to know...kinda a "not let the cat out of the bag" type thing :cheer: ....You know I'm your biggest fan...just interested in you helping us get a better picture of your wonderful work on the latest update and what your vision is for the future as well.

cheers my friend.

think you better get your toothbrush onto your tongue after that one!

Zuperman's greatest idea yet: limited fuel 10 years 1 day ago #176761

• |111th|tSwopCaml
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
What Heff?.....I said that on behalf of all of us in a kind way.....Sorry If you took what I said wrong....Just a kind request for us to get a better understanding of what everything is...We all obviously dont understand what the update changed regarding fuel so all I did is ask for clarification so we ALL get a better grip of the changes and what they will be in the future. thats all

Zuperman's greatest idea yet: limited fuel 10 years 1 day ago #176762

• ZebraUp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Heff006 wrote:

|111th|tSwopCaml wrote: Zuperman....thanks good friend...Can you help all of us understand the fuel thing from how it was, how it will be viewed on the latest update and how it will be for squadron wars? Feel free to say as little or as much much detail as you feel is appropriate cause I know there is much you dont want us to know...kinda a "not let the cat out of the bag" type thing :cheer: ....You know I'm your biggest fan...just interested in you helping us get a better picture of your wonderful work on the latest update and what your vision is for the future as well.

cheers my friend.

That was VERY RUDE Heff! as well as uncalled for..
The following user(s) said Thank You: |111th|tSwopCaml

Zuperman's greatest idea yet: limited fuel 10 years 1 day ago #176763

• DD I Stranger
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 414

Heff006 wrote:

cheers my friend.

:huh: :dry: :lol: :silly: :lol: :silly: :lol: :silly: :lol: :silly: :lol: :silly:

Zuperman's greatest idea yet: limited fuel 10 years 1 day ago #176771

• |111th|tSwopCaml
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
laughing at a rude comment?...sounds rude too.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DD I Stranger

Zuperman's greatest idea yet: limited fuel 10 years 1 day ago #176777

• ~-=Reaper 1=-~
  • Thank you received: 2
I believe that limited fuel is a very good idea, but my suggestion on fuel would be enough for 3 rounds between airfields, enough so that one might fly to nmy base back to his base then back to nmy base. I say this cuz I think u should have just a little fuel more cuz u might have to dogfight a few times before u can get in to bomb. the last thing u will want in the game is just enough fuel to bomb then rtb. So, lets just say that 100% fuel gives u flight time to travel to nmy base to bomb and maybe dogfight for a few kills before u have to rtb. Also, think about giving ppl points or something for reloads....I hate to say it but I see to many ppl auto destroy or crash on purpose so that they don't have to fly back and rearm....personally I think something should be done to try and eliminate that. I once intentionally lured a bogie away from the zeppelin so that the zep could bomb, after he shot me down just in front of my base he auto destroyed so that he could get back to base and kill zep. what a load of crap that was.

Zuperman's greatest idea yet: limited fuel 10 years 23 hours ago #176782

• Heff006
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked

|111th|tSwopCaml wrote: laughing at a rude comment?...sounds rude too.

please accept my apology was a it over the top.sorry you just bought out the tradie in me

Zuperman's greatest idea yet: limited fuel 10 years 23 hours ago #176793

• [M] Congress
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Glory how lay loo ya!
I SHALL RETURN!

The Congress has declared war on Dogfight. Watch out... Congress is in Session!!

Zuperman's greatest idea yet: limited fuel 10 years 22 hours ago #176810

• SkyDavis
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • 111th Falcon squad
  • Thank you received: 836
The way it looks to me is that the fuel will not be much of a problem in the game. The planes at the time usually had a couple hours worth of fuel to burn before they had to go and refuel it. There was a bigger chancy they would burn through the whole nine yards of ammo they have before they ran out of fuel. I am predicting that we will use around 10% to 15% of the fuel to just fly right down the center.

There should be plenty of fuel to sneak to the reds base and then sneak around the edges back after you have bombed. The Fuel I feel is just there to give a player a feel of urgency so they do no stick around to long after they have bombed. I am also sure Z encourages camping and dogfighting right over the enemy base when he implemented the aircraft repairs when you bomb a hanger. It is a reward to the player for bombing. The reward is to give them just that extra health to stick around get in stir up the hornets nest get some dogfighting in and create enough of a distraction for the other players on that guys team to get in and bomb. You see most people do not have the time to stay in a fight for 3 hours. I like to get them over as soon as I break the line.
The following user(s) said Thank You: |111th|tSwopCaml, ZebraUp

Zuperman's greatest idea yet: limited fuel 10 years 22 hours ago #176815

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13142
The current update does not take any of the fuel into consideration. The icon is just there, unused. The same way than the one to paint the planes. They are just there waiting to be activated.

As its use... well they are just indicators... maybe you can think of bigger type of things that fuel could be important for :P

i'm not saying any more, although I did pretty much say it lol
The following user(s) said Thank You: |111th|tSwopCaml, |111th| John II, [NLR] McFate, [*M]VonHuLK, Frank Baracca, ZebraUp, [M] Congress, The War Doctor

Last edit: by zuperman.

Zuperman's greatest idea yet: limited fuel 10 years 21 hours ago #176837

• [M] Congress
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
I'm assuming Zup changed the name because he got annoyed LOL!
I SHALL RETURN!

Zuperman's greatest idea yet: limited fuel 10 years 19 hours ago #176863

• SkyDavis
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • 111th Falcon squad
  • Thank you received: 836

zuperman wrote: The current update does not take any of the fuel into consideration. The icon is just there, unused. The same way than the one to paint the planes. They are just there waiting to be activated.

As its use... well they are just indicators... maybe you can think of bigger type of things that fuel could be important for :P

Explosions. Gas leaks when hit by gun rounds. Oil.

Zuperman's greatest idea yet: limited fuel 10 years 8 hours ago #176957

• Mac
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked

Congress wrote: I'm assuming Zup changed the name because he got annoyed LOL!

Actually, I did that
The following user(s) said Thank You: [M] Congress

Zuperman's greatest idea yet: limited fuel 9 years 11 months ago #182450

• The War Doctor
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • War. Terrible war. The only true human constant.
  • Thank you received: 1274

Skydavis1 wrote:

zuperman wrote: The current update does not take any of the fuel into consideration. The icon is just there, unused. The same way than the one to paint the planes. They are just there waiting to be activated.

Explosions. Gas leaks when hit by gun rounds. Oil.

DEDICATED BOMBERS.... You're thinking of putting bombers into the game, aren't you Zuperman. They need lots of fuel, because they're slower and heavier, plus they have multiple engines. On the lightest amount of fuel, the bomber could make it all the way to the enemy base and back (maybe), but if the thing has to evade fighters, that would burn up more fuel. So, the bombers with the most fuel could do more to evade enemy fighters and still make it back to base.
What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace, and sanity.

Time to create page: 0.521 seconds