TOPIC:

NO NAME BANNER 10 years 2 weeks ago #173171

• mach2
  • mach2's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Watch your 6
  • Thank you received: 63
I was in a game last night and witnessed something I've never seen before. One of the red aircraft did not have a red name banner above his aircraft. His shield of arms was a feint, very small outline without (yellow) color. This made him almost completely stealth. He didn't appear to fly with any exceptional skill but sure dominated the game. None of us blues' were very effective in placing rounds on him.
All you could do was turn towards the direction of the indicator his transponder put out on screen but it was near impossible to locate him before you were flamed. I couldn't determine if he was on the player list and have no idea what his game name was.
What's up with that and has anyone experienced anything similar to this?
Not sure what's going on but in the past few months It seems I witness some unexplainable, bizarre, experience that a red player exhibits and puts all blue team at a disadvantage. I've flew against pilots who showed no effect against your bullets, aircraft that disappear when you start to draw a bead on them, aircraft that flew in an erratic fashion making fast 90 - 180° directional changes, the stealth aircraft last night. This evening I join a game and discover that every time I go to fire on a certain red aircraft every thing stops working. I mean my guns do not fire and all audio goes silent. When I stop trying to shoot every thing returns again. Bottom line was that I could not even shoot in the pilots direction.
I thought of everything I could to come up with a reason but there can't be that many weird glitches. I even stopped playing for two weeks thinking the problems would be discovered and corrected. Nope! Put on my leather helmet and gloves and BAM, bizarre all over again.

This is all too weird. Anyone having anything similar, let me know I'm not losing it.
Mach2
Mach2

Please Log in to join the conversation.

NO NAME BANNER 10 years 2 weeks ago #173200

• [TFL] muziki1
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 180
A tree flew past my cockpit window the other day. Which was a bit disconcerting. I put a few rounds into it, but to no avail. :)

NO NAME BANNER 10 years 2 weeks ago #173585

• MICHAEL KANE..
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1336
Good thread...I think it's interesting the no names...just follow the bullet trail..can't hide that..lol...

NO NAME BANNER 10 years 2 weeks ago #173722

• mach2
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Watch your 6
Good be a sniper
Mach2

NO NAME BANNER 10 years 2 weeks ago #173726

• [*M] MISFIT CROCKETT
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 13215
Could be a weapon from the future that made its way to our time period. Or a ufo. Or another dimension.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mach2

NO NAME BANNER 10 years 2 weeks ago #173730

• Tuck
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 434

Davy Crockett wrote: Could be a weapon from the future that made its way to our time period. Or a ufo. Or another dimension.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: mach2

NO NAME BANNER 10 years 2 weeks ago #173732

• mach2
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Watch your 6
Oh your rite about that only its the other way around, the tracer trail in this case follows you. Every time I was shot down by this ghost I'd look all around and was unable to see anything. I know what your thinking, «you have just entered the twilight zone».
But on a serious side, do you know anything about this? Have you seen this before? It's not legal is it? :huh: :ohmy:
Mach2

Last edit: by mach2.

NO NAME BANNER 10 years 2 weeks ago #173735

• mach2
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Watch your 6
Tuck you got me cracking up. I love that poster displayed, perfect choice. Between you and Crockett I can't help but laugh everytime I start reading a thread. I read all these serious posts then boom you or Davy has a funny post our just a banner that relates to the thread but in a hilarious way.
Thanks, Mach2
Mach2
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tuck

NO NAME BANNER 10 years 2 weeks ago #173736

• ZebraUp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Flying & Fighting with STYLE!
  • Thank you received: 4244

It is players with names such as the ones listed below. They appear almost invisible by utilizing just a couple of dots or whatever, but they're not.. just stop looking for a banner and instead look for the plane like real WWI & II pilots did. The orange indicator arrow helps you too.

.. *.

' ' '
.. ;

Anytime I see players doing this with their name I make them my PRIORITY Target.. to the exclusion of all else.

zuperman should have a minimum number of alphabet letters required when choosing a game name.. that would cease the advantage these guys have over the average player.

NO NAME BANNER 10 years 2 weeks ago #173739

• mach2
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Watch your 6
Zebra thanks for the feed back. I believe this pilot had just two faint dots very difficult to pick out. As I had mentioned about turning in the direction of the indicator arrow he was low, high, or turning with you. I don't remember going head on except a few times when I seem him first attacking a blue. When he rapidly changed positions it became more difficult to follow him against the background.

I do like the goal of making it a priority target above all else. Thanks again, mach2.
Mach2

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.486 seconds