TOPIC:

Shooting a plane from behind 10 years 4 weeks ago #170969

• horriblebreast
  • horriblebreast's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fly hard, die hard!
  • Thank you received: 6101
when the game is laggy, anything can happen really. i kind of enjoy getting shot down by an upside down plane that is heading the opposite direction sometimes. a touch of the ridiculous to the otherwise intensive fighting. in the end, lag happens and you gain some kills and deaths as a result.

so what the heck? rock the discotheque!
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]VonHuLK, [TFL] muziki1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Shooting a plane from behind 10 years 4 weeks ago #171040

• ZebraUp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Flying & Fighting with STYLE!
  • Thank you received: 4244

2 ways that can happen..

1. You were 'lag killed' - meaning that when that pilot pressed 'fire' the bullet didn't fire at that moment but shortly thereafter due to lag.. so if you were close behind the plane you were shooting at then you might get hit when the servers computer 'registers' the bullet firing from the position the enemy red was in when he pressed the fire button and YOU are in or in front of that spot so you get hit! You have probably seen the effect before when you've seen bullets firing from a plane and it looks like missles firing with the rockets exhaust shooting out the back!

2. The player was either suffering extreme lag or else was using a 'lag switch' so while you were shooting at where you see the plane, it is instead circling behind you to shoot at you while it looks to you that you're shooting at them!

Shooting a plane from behind 10 years 4 weeks ago #171057

• BTJ582
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2533

{£}ZebraUp wrote: 2 ways that can happen..

1. You were 'lag killed' - meaning that when that pilot pressed 'fire' the bullet didn't fire at that moment but shortly thereafter due to lag.. so if you were close behind the plane you were shooting at then you might get hit when the servers computer 'registers' the bullet firing from the position the enemy red was in when he pressed the fire button and YOU are in or in front of that spot so you get hit! You have probably seen the effect before when you've seen bullets firing from a plane and it looks like missles firing with the rockets exhaust shooting out the back!

2. The player was either suffering extreme lag or else was using a 'lag switch' so while you were shooting at where you see the plane, it is instead circling behind you to shoot at you while it looks to you that you're shooting at them!

I am an ex-submarine sailor who has taken the battle to the sky.
Attachments:

Shooting a plane from behind 10 years 4 weeks ago #171060

• ZebraUp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Flying & Fighting with STYLE!
  • Thank you received: 4244

So what does the tin-foil hat mean in response to what I wrote? Do you think I am way off with what I think may have happened?

Last edit: by ZebraUp.

Shooting a plane from behind 10 years 4 weeks ago #171074

• BTJ582
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2533

{£}ZebraUp wrote: So what does the tin-foil hat mean in response to what I wrote? Do you think I am way off with what I think may have happened?

Oh crap I meant to quote the first post. I was attempting to be funny and suggesting that Stuart was being tin hat worthy thinking weird things were occuring. Sorry Zebra no disrespect was meant.

I am an ex-submarine sailor who has taken the battle to the sky.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ZebraUp

Shooting a plane from behind 10 years 4 weeks ago #171078

• [NLR] McFate
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't believe everything you think.
  • Thank you received: 5398
Hey BTJ,

You might want to see if you can find some of the original "tin hat" posts so these newer folks can understand the secret technology! :whistle:
The following user(s) said Thank You: GreyGhost, BTJ582

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.469 seconds