• Page:

TOPIC:

Impossible shots 10 years 3 months ago #159065

• Hell Cat - 2
  • Hell Cat - 2's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 37
That's been going on since last update. No one seems to have an answer. How about the planes that fly backwards! And the guys you shoot 20 times and don't die. It's frustrating isn't it. Especially when you buy the game.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Impossible shots 10 years 3 months ago #159066

• Longrifle
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 876
I have a theory. If you watch laggy planes from above, the "shot" appears to originate behind the moving aircraft. From a machine language/ 3D point of view, I thik the shot is called for at a point in space X,Y,Z pointed towards x2,y2,z2. The lag means that some seconds of real time pass, then the tracer appears, moving through the firing aircraft.

If you are close enough behind it when it fores, you are in the path and thus struck. I try staying back from laggers or to the side. When they are flashing, just pick a point on either extreme end of flashing and hold fire there, you will get them.

Sometimes the plane "jumps" forward and several called for shots appear at once; the "shotgun effect". Sometimes planes fire "lasers", where the tracer doesn't move forward and disappear at the normal time interval, rather stays with the aircraft on firing and stays at range, looking like a series of lasers.
This Gun's For Hire

Impossible shots 10 years 3 months ago #159081

• 111th|On_Wings_oF
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 91
Your theory sounds good Longshot, makes sense. Most planes to me look to have the bullets starting somewhere between the pilot and tail of the plane even without lag as well. I'm not sure if this is related to the same problem but I was shot down by a tank while I was flying in behind it recently. There did not look to be any lag either. Any ideas as to what happened?

Impossible shots 10 years 3 months ago #159087

• Longrifle
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 876
He turned the turret around. in an approach you fly by pretty fast, and its harder to correct for a moving target. Most will fly past and circle, where its easier to hit the tank. Skilled tankers spin the turrets ans use the main gun to clear their six of pesky aircraft. Strafe from the side in a gradual turn, matching forward lead with tank speed.
This Gun's For Hire

Impossible shots 10 years 3 months ago #159112

• 111th|On_Wings_oF
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 91
I thought that must be what it was, but I never saw the turret pointed at me. Might be a glitch, or I just blinked at the wrong time lol

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.883 seconds