Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Zup- Capture the carrier is still glitching. Badly 10 years 2 months ago #157424

• [NLR] McFate
  • [NLR] McFate's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't believe everything you think.
  • Thank you received: 5398
Capture the carrier missions are still not working correctly. :(

The capture counters seem to work properly now but there are still problems which seriously effect the game play. I have not seen any recent posts talking about this but it seems to effect everyone in game. It is kind of complicated to explain but I'll do my best.

When someone lands on the carrier they start jumping (vibrating?) back and forth and they seem to "slide" over and float above the water beside/ behind the carrier. When I land it appears to me that I am in the right place but when reds come they will shoot at a place as described above. Many times I will get hit when I can obviously see they are NOT shooting where I have landed.

Also, a plane which has landed on the East carrier can become visible and vulnerable to planes at the West carrier. The brakes generally seem to work, meaning that you are immune to bullets when you have landed on a blue (captured) carrier, but sometimes a red will have immunity when they have landed on a blue carrier.

When someone lands or is shot down there is often phantom blue or red dots on the map and game landscape which move quickly to other locations.

The mission can be played but it is nothing like it once was. It is almost useless to land on the lower deck because it rarely provides any protection. You also are not protected by hiding from reds by parking on the opposite side of the carrier tower.

Please fix it. I really enjoy CTCs! In my opinion it is the best game for testing flying skill. It has always been a shame that some people refuse to play them because they don't like dogfighting as much as bombing. But now the glitching is making it even worse.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr Dave., suxxor, [*M]VonHuLK, Frank Baracca, [e] Science_Dude

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by [NLR] McFate.

Zup- Capture the carrier is still glitching. Badly 10 years 2 months ago #157552

• GMoney
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 286

McFate wrote: Capture the carrier missions are still not working correctly. :(

The capture counters seem to work properly now but there are still problems which seriously effect the game play. I have not seen any recent posts talking about this but it seems to effect everyone in game. It is kind of complicated to explain but I'll do my best.

When someone lands on the carrier they start jumping (vibrating?) back and forth and they seem to "slide" over and float above the water beside/ behind the carrier. When I land it appears to me that I am in the right place but when reds come they will shoot at a place as described above. Many times I will get hit when I can obviously see they are NOT shooting where I have landed.

Also, a plane which has landed on the East carrier can become visible and vulnerable to planes at the West carrier. The brakes generally seem to work, meaning that you are immune to bullets when you have landed on a blue (captured) carrier, but sometimes a red will have immunity when they have landed on a blue carrier.

When someone lands or is shot down there is often phantom blue or red dots on the map and game landscape which move quickly to other locations.

The mission can be played but it is nothing like it once was. It is almost useless to land on the lower deck because it rarely provides any protection. You also are not protected by hiding from reds by parking on the opposite side of the carrier tower.

Please fix it. I really enjoy CTCs! In my opinion it is the best game for testing flying skill. It has always been a shame that some people refuse to play them because they don't like dogfighting as much as bombing. But now the glitching is making it even worse.

I agree 100% with McFate here. I enjoy the game as well but this glitch is annoying. Though it is sort of a challenge to shoot a plane on high doses of caffeine with major jitters. ;)

I want to also point out that if you try to fly inside the carrier you still appear on the outside to red and get shot down because of it.
In game name:|111th| GMoney

falcon.spruz.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate

Zup- Capture the carrier is still glitching. Badly 10 years 2 months ago #162323

• [NLR] McFate
  • [NLR] McFate's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't believe everything you think.
  • Thank you received: 5398
Bumping for zup to see.

(Thanks)

Zup- Capture the carrier is still glitching. Badly 10 years 2 months ago #162387

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13142
I think I got it, it should be fixed on next update
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manfred, TOPH

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.377 seconds