TOPIC:

improved realism for the game 10 years 3 months ago #154433

• Hyperdrive
  • Hyperdrive's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • built from spare body parts of dead combat pilots
  • Thank you received: 298
Here's something i just thought of zup. Back before radar was invented pilots had to rely on visually spotting and identifying planes prior to shooting. Then the battle lasted until every enemy plane was shot down, or until the losses were so severe that the remaining pilots disengaged. When there is a match where one side or the other has 4 or more players, the tags sometimes over lap each other somuch that you can't see anyone friend or foe. Then they respawn and the cycle starts again. I know it's been suggested before but I'd like to add a new twist to it which is this: eliminate all in game name and squad tags and rank insignias. Perhaps a simple red or blue dot over the planes to identify friend from foe, or customizable paint jobs and the added skill of memorizing silhouettes to identify enemy planes. You could keep the chat log so you know who you're playing against and who you've shot down and eliminate the respawn. This would make it much more difficult and realistic as the match would become more strategic since you'd have to achieve aerial superiority over your enemy prior to bombing. In ffa matches, with or without elimination of tags it'd be nice if squadmates always showed up as blue. This all of course is something to be looked into after the game is fixed. There's no sense in changing anything until the game runs properly and all the major problems like world chat and glitches, cheaters, etc are addressed.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

improved realism for the game 10 years 3 months ago #154447

• [NLR] McFate
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't believe everything you think.
  • Thank you received: 5398
I like the idea of eliminating the tags but it would be tough to find each other. :lol:
The plans might need to be a little bigger.

It would make the clouds useful. ;)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.384 seconds