TOPIC:

New Plane Reguests(PLEASE READ THIS, ZUP) 10 years 6 months ago #126742

• [DD]Dwight Owston
  • [DD]Dwight Owston's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • mathewpowell680@gmail.com
  • Thank you received: 69
Hello, Zup, if you read this, could you look into WWII aircraft for future updates? Im just thinking that it would be a great addition to the game. Im not saying create Dogfight ELITE, im just asking if you could add WWII aircraft, like how you added the Airco DH2. Im not the only one who would like new planes, there are plenty others too. Speaking of other people, anyone who wants to, i would greatly appreciate it if you would leave aircraft recomendations. Thank you. :)
zerstöre alle Feinde , zu verteidigen alle Verbündeten und geben keine Gnade.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

New Plane Reguests(PLEASE READ THIS, ZUP) 10 years 6 months ago #126748

• tKestrel old
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 3991

Adding ww2 might be tricky. He would probably have to make a whole nother df game just for ww2 planes, of course i wouldbuy it lol, but it might be hard for him. I would like some new ww1 german planes though. There isnt alot of german veriaty in the game. And have a moraf allied plane. :-)
Retired in the skies of Dogfight.
Raising Hell in the skies of Warthunder

New Plane Reguests(PLEASE READ THIS, ZUP) 10 years 6 months ago #126749

• [DD]Dwight Owston
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
I was thinking more like two planes, one for each side

New Plane Reguests(PLEASE READ THIS, ZUP) 10 years 6 months ago #126750

• [DD]Big C
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Molon Labe
  • Thank you received: 590
Kestrel, this is just speculation, but zup is probably adding the sopwith camel as the moraf plane for British... And there is a monoplane and two triplanes for the Germans, thats unique. And this app is unique because it is ww1. Adding ww2 would take away from reality of it, and not to mention, there are plenty of ww2 airplane games out there.
"Age is an issue of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter" -Mark Twain

Last edit: by [DD]Big C.

New Plane Reguests(PLEASE READ THIS, ZUP) 10 years 6 months ago #126754

• [DD]Dwight Owston
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

BigC5798 wrote: Kestrel, this is just speculation, but zup is probably adding the sopwith camel as the moraf plane for British... And there is a monoplane and two triplanes for the Germans, thats unique. And this app is unique because it is ww1. Adding ww2 would take away from reality of it, and not to mention, there are plenty of ww2 airplane games out there.

But none that would be this good. :(

New Plane Reguests(PLEASE READ THIS, ZUP) 10 years 6 months ago #126759

• tKestrel old
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

What i was taking about with variaty is the germans have the Dr1 brown and red, the EIII monoplane and the albatross. While the allied have 5 different aircraft.

New Plane Reguests(PLEASE READ THIS, ZUP) 10 years 6 months ago #126760

• [DD]Dwight Owston
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

Kestrel wrote: What i was taking about with variaty is the germans have the Dr1 brown and red, the EIII monoplane and the albatross. While the allied have 5 different aircraft.

I know. But i would like a couple WWII planes just as like high performence fighters.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tKestrel old

New Plane Reguests(PLEASE READ THIS, ZUP) 10 years 6 months ago #126781

• Spectre-Blackstar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "..with a garlic aroma that could level Tacoma"
  • Thank you received: 742
We need the Fokker DVII

New Plane Reguests(PLEASE READ THIS, ZUP) 10 years 6 months ago #126782

• Spectre-Blackstar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
SPAD S XIII should be the allied MORAF plane.

New Plane Reguests(PLEASE READ THIS, ZUP) 10 years 6 months ago #126789

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13138
Hi

Well, and I'm been completely honest here. It all depends on $.
Dogfight doesn't create enough income to be the focus of the company so I do it all myself still on my free time. I'm adding more ways to help with $, that's why you have more purchase point options and things are a little more expensive in the game. Otherwise I would need to stick to the other projects solely.

Having said that, on my free time I have these plans (and I can't make it very public because I noticed other games out there that literally copy my ideas! just watch some game that carries a capture the flag and the flag is the same that I have on the intro video of dogfightplay.com .... amazing)

So in short without revealing all future updates.
1) New planes are coming. Airco DH2 was just an addition due long ago.
2) New paint jobs are coming for some airplanes.
3) Real WWI tanks, not the current panter which is WWII
4) Maybe, and I mean maybe, depending on how much $ the updates are able to generate, I would create a WWII version of the game or allow it to go into WWII side of the story as I had planned for Dogfight Elite. But this is a big maybe. For now Dogfight will stick to WWI since once you jump into WWII it would require to add 16 or 18 more planes plus additional terrains and missions.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SkyDavis, Paul Mantz, Jr., yakuza, tKestrel old, [e]hammer_tool, Whosethisguy, [DD]Big C, BlüEMäX, Gizmo., [*M] MISFIT CROCKETT and 4 other people also said thanks.

Last edit: by zuperman.

New Plane Reguests(PLEASE READ THIS, ZUP) 10 years 6 months ago #126820

• Manfred
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Just Manfred
  • Thank you received: 3866
Hey Zup,

Thanks for the posts. It helps reset us. Too easy for us to whine when the game isn't generating enough revenue.

May I suggest:
- A Dogfight revenue campaign. While new players should add some revenue as they register, your active players are your most faithful. If you pointed us to a specific method (e.g. buy points, whether useful or even not depending on level), I think we could bring in a nice influx ofmoney for DF programming.
- Maybe this is just me, but I think that fixing current bugs is a higher priority than brand new features. Things like invisible wall, crash upon spawn, carrier deck submersion upon spawn, server lag, and windows lag. These are the ones that active players find frustrating, and that impacts game ratings and facebook referrals.

I guess I'm pointing out a focus shift. If the game isn't set up to make good revenue from new players, then either change that dynamic (charge more!) or redirect attention to existing players (fixes instead of new stuff) and give us a mechanism to contribute that works well for you. Otherwise you are chasing where the money is not.

Best regards,
Manfred
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Mantz, Jr., BlüEMäX, mxmike

Last edit: by Manfred.

New Plane Reguests(PLEASE READ THIS, ZUP) 10 years 6 months ago #126854

• [DD]Dwight Owston
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

zuperman wrote: Hi

Dogfight doesn't create enough income to be the focus of the company so I do it all myself still on my free time. I'm adding more ways to help with $, that's why you have more purchase point options and things are a little more expensive in the game. Otherwise I would need to stick to the other projects solely.

Having said that, on my free time I have these plans (and I can't make it very public because I noticed other games out there that literally copy my ideas! just watch some game that carries a capture the flag and the flag is the same that I have on the intro video of dogfightplay.com .... amazing)

4) Maybe, and I mean maybe, depending on how much $ the updates are able to generate, I would create a WWII version of the game or allow it to go into WWII side of the story as I had planned for Dogfight Elite. But this is a big maybe. For now Dogfight will stick to WWI since once you jump into WWII it would require to add 16 or 18 more planes plus additional terrains and missions.

So when you buy coins the money goes to Dogfigt?

Last edit: by [DD]Dwight Owston.

New Plane Reguests(PLEASE READ THIS, ZUP) 10 years 6 months ago #126858

• [DD]Dwight Owston
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

Manfred wrote: Hey Zup,

Thanks for the posts. It helps reset us. Too easy for us to whine when the game isn't generating enough revenue.

May I suggest:
- A Dogfight revenue campaign. While new players should add some revenue as they register, your active players are your most faithful. If you pointed us to a specific method (e.g. buy points, whether useful or even not depending on level), I think we could bring in a nice influx ofmoney for DF programming.
- Maybe this is just me, but I think that fixing current bugs is a higher priority than brand new features. Things like invisible wall, crash upon spawn, carrier deck submersion upon spawn, server lag, and windows lag. These are the ones that active players find frustrating, and that impacts game ratings and facebook referrals.

I guess I'm pointing out a focus shift. If the game isn't set up to make good revenue from new players, then either change that dynamic (charge more!) or redirect attention to existing players (fixes instead of new stuff) and give us a mechanism to contribute that works well for you. Otherwise you are chasing where the money is not.

Best regards,
Manfred

I agree with you Manfred. Dogfight isn't getting a stable income and needs mor ways to charge money. Also, i think the game is a little cheap, there are plenty of other apps that cost more than DF, but are a bunch of poop. I want these new things to come, but first things first: money.

New Plane Reguests(PLEASE READ THIS, ZUP) 10 years 6 months ago #126880

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Manfred, my first priority is to fix existing bugs. The problem is that it's easier said than done because there are lot of factors outside my control.

To give you an example of the current situation. We all know that the game crashes randomly on galaxy phones. I've been in touch about this with unity and samsung for months. They have no clue what's going on. So they give me a new package version of their software that supposedly fixes it. I make a new release. But their software introduces new bugs on my game (now LG phones randomly fail and some colliders moved so you have invisible walls). From my end, I was just doing something else and surprise... i have two mistakes that it takes me weeks to figure out what's going on and realize that's not my fault.

The comes Apple and releases ios 6.1.3... and breaks something too. Or I have to get ready for 7.0 and apple asks me to enforce some changes. Then Microsoft asks me to change this other stuff. Samsung says that's conflicting with their stuff, Ouya complains they won't accept it with that change and then Googles goes and changes license agreements and block certain content until updated... you get the drill.

The software has to be constantly updating, even if i don't change anything, just to be able to continue listed in the store. And with those changes mistakes are introduced. Sometimes mine, sometimes a third party mistake.

In the meantime, I find tons of new requests from older players. Obviously they begin to get bored because there is nothing new. So I have to balance new vs fixes and as soon as I begin working on something new, when I'm at the middle of it, Murphy's law says that the store will ask me for an urgent change and update.

Anyway, I hope that explains why things that were working fine sometimes magically break. I try to keep it as stable as possible but I'm still only one guy for the game until $ comes in.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bellsaj, Paul Mantz, Jr., Whosethisguy, [DD]Big C, [NLR] McFate

New Plane Reguests(PLEASE READ THIS, ZUP) 10 years 6 months ago #126882

• Manfred
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Just Manfred
Zup,

Fully understood, especially all the linked errors. I guess the only point that remains is about those requests from old players getting bored. Who da heck are these guys? I don't think their voice is louder than the ones concerned with lag, windows ghosts, and spawn deaths. Never mind the invisible walls if that is linked to new phone software.

But I think most would agree with me that if given the choice between a new plane versus fixing spawn deaths (and fixing that bug when all players get kicked from a game, not just Galaxy users), we'd pick the bug fix. That was my main point. AND WE'D PAY IF YOU COULD SIGNAL US ON AN APPROVED MECHANISM.

Thanks,
Manfred

New Plane Reguests(PLEASE READ THIS, ZUP) 10 years 6 months ago #126884

• Vampire Priest
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 618
Hey former mod, who got frustrated, how bout a game within a game?. I believe thats what it was called..I call it hunting, and its taken the boredom away annnnnd its catching on.Or just get frustrated at spawn crashing, and phantoms and also watch the revenue, as I mentioned before just faaaaade away with the players who play fair....And when they keep leaving in droves, so will your new planes and enhancements. HANNIBAL

New Plane Reguests(PLEASE READ THIS, ZUP) 10 years 6 months ago #126894

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
phantoms should be fixed, microsoft should release the update tomorrow
spawn crashes, ghost walls and all-in-same team server games should be fixed for 4.4.35, i have to wait for 4.4.34 to be on all platforms before i submit that one. Some updates force me to wait for everyone to be on the same version, otherwise hell breaks lose.
The following user(s) said Thank You: |111th|tSwopCaml, [FEAR][Commander]FireHeart, Whosethisguy, [NLR] McFate, [*M]ONSTER CANNON

New Plane Reguests(PLEASE READ THIS, ZUP) 10 years 6 months ago #126897

• Trone187
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 655

Wait you mean the first tanks with only machine guns or light tank guns
The Misfit from Texas and Texans never quit till the job is done

New Plane Reguests(PLEASE READ THIS, ZUP) 10 years 6 months ago #126899

• Manfred
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Just Manfred

legendofkane wrote: Hey former mod, who got frustrated, how bout a game within a game?. I believe thats what it was called..I call it hunting, and its taken the boredom away annnnnd its catching on.Or just get frustrated at spawn crashing, and phantoms and also watch the revenue, as I mentioned before just faaaaade away with the players who play fair....And when they keep leaving in droves, so will your new planes and enhancements. HANNIBAL

Hi Michael,
I think your lizard needs new glasses or a fresh prozac prescription. I am not bored. Happy hunting.
Mannibal

New Plane Reguests(PLEASE READ THIS, ZUP) 10 years 6 months ago #126902

• Vampire Priest
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 618
He sees fine, and always happy killin, not bored just manfred?....just want a better game huh?..another wish for the christmas tree, im watchin the money rolllll away....

New Plane Reguests(PLEASE READ THIS, ZUP) 10 years 6 months ago #126934

• [DD]Dwight Owston
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

zuperman wrote: Manfred, my first priority is to fix existing bugs. The problem is that it's easier said than done because there are lot of factors outside my control.

To give you an example of the current situation. We all know that the game crashes randomly on galaxy phones. I've been in touch about this with unity and samsung for months. They have no clue what's going on. So they give me a new package version of their software that supposedly fixes it. I make a new release. But their software introduces new bugs on my game (now LG phones randomly fail and some colliders moved so you have invisible walls). From my end, I was just doing something else and surprise... i have two mistakes that it takes me weeks to figure out what's going on and realize that's not my fault.

The comes Apple and releases ios 6.1.3... and breaks something too. Or I have to get ready for 7.0 and apple asks me to enforce some changes. Then Microsoft asks me to change this other stuff. Samsung says that's conflicting with their stuff, Ouya complains they won't accept it with that change and then Googles goes and changes license agreements and block certain content until updated... you get the drill.

The software has to be constantly updating, even if i don't change anything, just to be able to continue listed in the store. And with those changes mistakes are introduced. Sometimes mine, sometimes a third party mistake.

In the meantime, I find tons of new requests from older players. Obviously they begin to get bored because there is nothing new. So I have to balance new vs fixes and as soon as I begin working on something new, when I'm at the middle of it, Murphy's law says that the store will ask me for an urgent change and update.

Anyway, I hope that explains why things that were working fine sometimes magically break. I try to keep it as stable as possible but I'm still only one guy for the game until $ comes in.

Wow, i lost you in the third parahgraph, but it sounds VERY VERY complicated and frustrating. If i were you, i would literaly have a mental break down

New Plane Reguests(PLEASE READ THIS, ZUP) 10 years 6 months ago #127206

• Spectre-Blackstar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Zupes--how about looking for developer help?
That would cover the bases. Find a few guys that play, and recruit them to develop--if they have the skills.
One could work updates, the other--enhancements.
As an IT program manager--this works for me daily.

Just a suggestion.

New Plane Reguests(PLEASE READ THIS, ZUP) 10 years 6 months ago #127209

• yose[M]ite
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 802

Spectre-Blackstar wrote: Zupes--how about looking for developer help?
That would cover the bases. Find a few guys that play, and recruit them to develop--if they have the skills.

Just a suggestion.

I too work with computers and tech support, i used to develope and i always thought that also but then realized if he asked for volunteers he would get every single player of df to say "hey i can help" even though a lot of the volunteers would be unqualified. They would then abuse the rights of being a developer/admin ingame if you think about it. You would be crazy not to say "hey i can help" then if you are the developer the game you could also incorpate cheats probably and probably many other self helping cheap stuff. But it probably isn't that zup doesn't trust us its just that 1% that you got to worry about. Because really how does he know you are really an IT person? I don't think zup would sleep well at night if he gave 50 people he has never even met endless amounts of power to such a big project like df.

But then again Zup could really take advantage of all this skill and talents of many people he has on the forum. There are many projects like this that take volunteers to help develope it. Take the forum for example: it runs on software created 100% by volunteers. Developers, testers, and tech support. Becoming a developer of such technology is easy, but if you don't back your mouth up with work you will soon be demoted. So maybe zup could let people develope but if they won't actually help or have experience with developing then dont take their offer to help.

You know what I'm saying? It's late night so i might not actually be making sense you know?

:? :? :? :?
The following user(s) said Thank You: |111th|tSwopCaml

New Plane Reguests(PLEASE READ THIS, ZUP) 10 years 6 months ago #127211

• [DD]Big C
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Molon Labe
  • Thank you received: 590
I personally think Zup is a white hat, but most computer people are grey hat, but there's gotta be a few black hats around here somewhere that he has reason to worry about.
"Age is an issue of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter" -Mark Twain

New Plane Reguests(PLEASE READ THIS, ZUP) 10 years 6 months ago #127226

• Spectre-Blackstar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Dixieconfederate wrote:

Spectre-Blackstar wrote: Zupes--how about looking for developer help?

Just a suggestion.

I too work with computers and tech support, i used to develope and i always thought that also but then realized if he asked for volunteers he would get every single player of df to say "hey i can help" even though a lot of the volunteers would be unqualified. They would then abuse the rights of being a developer/admin ingame if you think about it. You would be crazy not to say "hey i can help" then if you are the developer the game you could also incorpate cheats probably and probably many other self helping cheap stuff. But it probably isn't that zup doesn't trust us its just that 1% that you got to worry about. Because really how does he know you are really an IT person? I don't think zup would sleep well at night if he gave 50 people he has never even met endless amounts of power to such a big project like df.

But then again Zup could really take advantage of all this skill and talents of many people he has on the forum. There are many projects like this that take volunteers to help develope it. Take the forum for example: it runs on software created 100% by volunteers. Developers, testers, and tech support. Becoming a developer of such technology is easy, but if you don't back your mouth up with work you will soon be demoted. So maybe zup could let people develope but if they won't actually help or have experience with developing then dont take their offer to help.

You know what I'm saying? It's late night so i might not actually be making sense you know?

:? :? :? :?

There would obviously have to be an application process with a portfolio involved, plus conflict of interest papers, etc.......

New Plane Reguests(PLEASE READ THIS, ZUP) 10 years 6 months ago #127232

• mxmike
  • Thank you received: 39
I'm pretty new to the forum however, I agree with Manfred (again). This game is really awesome and has tons of potential. I think making the current version real stable would be real desirable. I'm just learning the complexities that ZUP is having by reading this post. I don't know how many man hours of programming are required to fix the complicated glitches but it seems to me that the top 1000 pilots are really hooked and would stand to lose the most if this game wasn't at their fingertips. That said, if each of the top 1000 were assessed a one time $25 programming fee you would have an extra $25k on top of existing revenues to kill the bugs. I mean, if I was told XYZ bugs and enhancements were going to be completed in X time and it would cost me $25/mth for X months, as a top 1000 flyer, I would recycle all my plastic bottles, collect all the coins from my pockets daily, keep my wife's change when she sends me to the store and maybe even sacrifice a beer or two and sell some lemonade at the corner.

It seems to me that we all collectively have a stake in this game and I know I've been paying as much as $15 for a six pack ((beer)...really good beer) lately so i'd be happy to donate $25...I haven't spent much time thinking about this but something this good with as many people using it should be able to generate the revenue to fix and enhance it.

I'm sure this has been talked about 100 times; so if I'm late to the party...just ignore me; I'm a newbie :woohoo: . Otherwise, I'd be willing to join a brainstorm team if there is one. My mind is reeling with all the possibilities this product could deliver over time B) .

New Plane Reguests(PLEASE READ THIS, ZUP) 10 years 6 months ago #127233

• [e]hammer_tool
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • ut malleus omnia similis clavum
  • Thank you received: 1285

buy points. i've spent $10 on points in the last week. I don't need them, but I get a lot of enjoyment out of this game and i figure $10 is nothing.

ut malleus omnia similis clavum
The following user(s) said Thank You: Spectre-Blackstar

New Plane Reguests(PLEASE READ THIS, ZUP) 10 years 6 months ago #127245

• Spectre-Blackstar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

hammer_tool wrote: buy points. i've spent $10 on points in the last week. I don't need them, but I get a lot of enjoyment out of this game and i figure $10 is nothing.

THIS^^^^^
Is the best way to help Zupes out.
It gives him revenue, you coins to use--and doesn't single anyone out.

New Plane Reguests(PLEASE READ THIS, ZUP) 10 years 6 months ago #127634

• SkyDavis
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • 111th Falcon squad
  • Thank you received: 836

What games where copying you. :evil: I got to look at it so I can do a rage and get banned from them. JK But I would love to do it.

New Plane Reguests(PLEASE READ THIS, ZUP) 10 years 6 months ago #127636

• tKestrel old
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Lmbo. Im withu there sky! Lets show them the consequences of stealing genius ideas ;)

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.663 seconds