Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Apple Corp.: NO UPDATE(S), FREE songs! 12 years 1 month ago #9637

• Gunnie
  • Gunnie's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 2
Below is the conversation I've been having with Apple. My main frustration is the Immune bug!

Hello Apple,

I own two iPads, four Apple computers, four ipods, and two iPhone4s.

Love you guys for the most part.

HOWEVER...

I've been playing this game called Dogfight, it's an app for both Apple and Android. It's awesome. The version for Apple has bugs. The company claims they have submitted two updates to both Android and Apple. Android users of the game say the upgrades are SWEET. Apple users still don't have updates!!!

SERIOUSLY THINKING ABOUT BUYING AN ANDROID.

I know you are HUGE. But you are also huge one person at a time. In my case, you are huge 2 iPads, 4 computers, 4 iPods, and 2 iPhones at a time. Maybe not for long though.

Please push the updates through.

Thanks, Gunnie

Apple writes:

Hello Gunnie,

This is Kenjee from iTunes Store Support. I look forward to providing you with excellent support today, and I hope that you are enjoying your day so far.

I understand that you are interested in getting the updates for the app "Dogfight" as you are having issues with the bugs in that app. I appreciate your contact to us to inquire about the updates, and I apologize for the inconvenience. Please allow me to provide the information and recommendations that you need.

Gunnie, if an app's update is not yet appearing in the App Store, it is merely a responsibility of the content provider/ developer of the app "DogFight." Apple and App Store are the distributors of the apps being submitted by the developers, thus any delays in the updates are not being controlled of iTunes/App Store.

If there is not an update available for the application, the application's developer may be able to give you an estimated date for when they intend to provide the update to Apple. Here is their contact information:

Dogfight Support
www.dogfightplay.com

I totally appreciate your comments and opinions with our products, and Apple recognizes that no one is better qualified to provide feedback about iTunes than the people who use it.

I encourage you to use the iTunes Feedback page to submit your comments about the delayed update for the app "Dogfight":

www.apple.com/feedback/itunesapp.html

Your efforts to share your feedback are very much appreciated.

Thank you very much for your support for Apple Products, please let me know if you still have questions, so I will assist you further. Have a great day, Gunnie!

Sincerely,

Kenjee
iTunes Store Customer Support
www.apple.com/support/itu

I write:

Well Hello Kenjee,

I don't believe you are a real person, Kenjee. Sorry.

But, on the odd chance that I'm wrong and your heart is real, yes, I'm still having problems with Dogfight the game.

Basically, the developer blames Apple for the two updates not getting pushed through and Apple doesn't take the blame--says it's up to the developer of the app.

So there's a breakdown in communication somewhere, likely no fault of the either party--just a disconnect.

Again, I'm pretty well invested in Apple. But, I'd sure like to see Apple and designer/owner Joaquin Grech (www.joaquingrech.com/) connect to resolve this issue for me/us (all other players).

I'm 40 years old, work a stressful job, started a family later in life (kids now 4 and 6 years old.). I'm stressed out most of the time. DogFight has brought a lot of relief to my life, as has Apple, as a whole--minus this one little thing. :o)

Please help.

Regards,

Gunnie

Apple Writes:

Hello again,

Kenjee here again from iTunes Store. Thank you for writing us back. Hope you're doing great today.

First of all, I would like to mention that I'm a real person who is trained to provide you an excellent support. Do not worry, your predicaments will be prioritized, and I assure you that I am here to assist you with iTunes/App Store issues.

I understand that you are upset that an update for the app Dogfight is still not available in app store. I know that this is not what you had expected from App Store, and I totally appreciate how eager you are to get updates for your app. Let me give you another information about this.

I would like to apologize for this issue, but basically, we have no access to this type of issue. Again, the updates are provided by the developer. We are a billing customer support and can not provide you with an answer as to when the update will be ready. But I am sure that once an update will be available, it will automatically appear on your App Store.

I know that this is not what you had expected from iTunes Store, and I certainly feel your disappointment. However, it is my prime goal to provide you an excellent service and to turn your disappointment into satisfaction. While waiting for the update, and to compensate with this issue, I have issued four (4) song credits to your iTunes Store account. You can use these to buy the individual songs of your choice from the iTunes Store.

When you next sign in with this account, the song credits will appear by your account name (in the upper-right section of the iTunes Store).  The next individual song you buy from the iTunes Store will use one of your song credits instead of your primary form of payment (until all credits have been used or have expired). Please note that song credits cannot be used for purchasing songs that are listed as "Album Only."

If you don't see your credits, refresh your account information by signing out and back in to the iTunes Store.  You can find both "Sign Out" and "Sign In" within the pull-down "Store" menu. If you don't see this menu, download the latest version of iTunes from our website for free:

www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience. Please let me know if you still have concerns, and questions with regards to your iTunes Store account and billing, and I will be assisting you further. Have a great day, Gunnie!

Sincerely,

Kenjee
iTunes Store Customer Support
www.apple.com/support/itunes/ww

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Gunnie.

Re: Apple Corp.: NO UPDATE(S), FREE songs! 12 years 1 month ago #9643

• SkyDavis
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • 111th Falcon squad
  • Thank you received: 836
That sure dose not look like its written by a human.

Re: Apple Corp.: NO UPDATE(S), FREE songs! 12 years 1 month ago #9649

• |111th|Qazfdsa
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • [111th] Falcon Squad Founder
  • Thank you received: 70
I don't believe you are a real person, Kenjee. Sorry.
Lol that won't make the situation of apple gettin updates any better.
-Qaz

~=111TH FALCON SQUADRON FOUNDER B)=~

Player since Dec. 30th 2010. (estimate)

Re: Apple Corp.: NO UPDATE(S), FREE songs! 12 years 1 month ago #9655

• Historygeek13
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 26
Gunnie, can I have one of your iPods?? LOL JK B)

Green freedom
[img]i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w511/myatsoethet/squadleader.jpg[/img]

Re: Apple Corp.: NO UPDATE(S), FREE songs! 12 years 1 month ago #9711

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13142
What pisses me off always about Apple is that instead of saying: sorry, we messed up. They say: it's never our fault, ask the developer, it's his fault. (when we have no power whatsoever over apple).
So all the buyers think is our fault and we get complains and bad reviews for Apple's policies.

Anyway, here is paste from the "update" communication between them and me.

Also check the screenshot and date.

I wrote to them, almost a month later I get:
Feb 22, 2012 05:26 PM. From Apple.
Your app includes In-App Purchases that are not appropriate. However, they are appropriate for the Non-Renewing Subscription In-App Purchase type.

If you wish to revise your In-App Purchases to be Non-Renewing Subscriptions, you will need to create a new In-App Purchase product with the correct Purchasability Type. To create a new In-App Purchase in iTunes Connect, go to Manage Your In-App Purchases, select your app, and click "Create New".

---

etc etc etc, working with them trying to figure out what the heck they want. They always answer with copy&paste message from some manual so I'm not even sure they understand what they ask for themselves. Driving me nuts.
Attachments:

Re: Apple Corp.: NO UPDATE(S), FREE songs! 12 years 1 month ago #9731

• veidar2
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 162
What percentage of Dogfight players use Apple mobiles?

As far as I remember, the latest statistics said IOS had a bit more than 20% of the market, while Android had about 75%

Re: Apple Corp.: NO UPDATE(S), FREE songs! 12 years 1 month ago #9734

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
huh? where did you see those statistics? :?

Re: Apple Corp.: NO UPDATE(S), FREE songs! 12 years 1 month ago #9735

• |111th|Kevy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1028
As an Appel customer I'm aggravated . I can only imagine the developer side!

Re: Apple Corp.: NO UPDATE(S), FREE songs! 12 years 1 month ago #9736

• |111th|Qazfdsa
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • [111th] Falcon Squad Founder
  • Thank you received: 70
Hmmm I'm sorta actually thinkin about buyin everyone a Samsung Galaxy S2.
Sorta :P
-Qaz

~=111TH FALCON SQUADRON FOUNDER B)=~

Player since Dec. 30th 2010. (estimate)

Last edit: by |111th|Qazfdsa.

Re: Apple Corp.: NO UPDATE(S), FREE songs! 12 years 1 month ago #9738

• Historygeek13
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
If you did that (I know you're joking) I would never kill you again, and I would do your history for a year!!! :woohoo: :) :cheer: ;) B) :lol: :silly:

Green freedom

Re: Apple Corp.: NO UPDATE(S), FREE songs! 12 years 1 month ago #9751

• |111th|Kevy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1028
You'd get a hundred people rolling on their sides for you to shoot! Lol. My phones a company so I can't switch ( I don't think have to ask). But I might get a galaxy tab 10.1. Anyone have one? Like?

Re: Apple Corp.: NO UPDATE(S), FREE songs! 12 years 1 month ago #9766

• Slenderman
  • The [e]nigma Corps
  • Thank you received: 849

zuperman wrote: What pisses me off always about Apple is that instead of saying: sorry, we messed up. They say: it's never our fault, ask the developer, it's his fault. (when we have no power whatsoever over apple).
So all the buyers think is our fault and we get complains and bad reviews for Apple's policies.

Your app includes In-App Purchases that are not appropriate. However, they are appropriate for the Non-Renewing Subscription In-App Purchase type.

If you wish to revise your In-App Purchases to be Non-Renewing Subscriptions, you will need to create a new In-App Purchase product with the correct Purchasability Type. To create a new In-App Purchase in iTunes Connect, go to Manage Your In-App Purchases, select your app, and click "Create New".

---

etc etc etc, working with them trying to figure out what the heck they want. They always answer with copy&paste message from some manual so I'm not even sure they understand what they ask for themselves. Driving me nuts.

Last edit: by Slenderman.

Re: Apple Corp.: NO UPDATE(S), FREE songs! 12 years 1 month ago #9779

• Gunnie
  • Gunnie's Avatar Topic Author
Squeaky wheel gets the grease, or oil.

Can't count how many times I've seen it since our situation, here, became a global connection via the internet--a scary amount in situations like this. Sadly, my motives are because I hate the 'immune' bug. :o)

I contest: This GAME is awesome. I'll keep playing, bugged or bugless.

I do feel bad for the developer because I know what he's saying.

The deal is that there's automation involved, I assure everyone, and not enough human wherewithal, otherwise this would not be an issue. That's why I accused the Apple person of not being human, just to determine if she was or not.

The gal I'm dealing with is human, but her hands are also tied, it seems.

I think Z is dealing with some automation at his level, or at the very least, they won't help him figure things out.

All 'fighter's need to squeak a little louder so someone, anyone, living on the side of Apple takes notice and some initiative to figure it out. The Dogfight creator seems like he's at his wits-end, so it's up to the rest of the users to blow the horn at Apple--to create a squeaky wheel.

We'd even appreciate help from those lucky Android users.

I'll keep trying, but somewhere, between Z and Apple, is a disconnect for a solution.

We need to help make the connection for the sake of immunity! :o)

Gunnie B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: |111th|Kevy

Last edit: by Gunnie.

Re: Apple Corp.: NO UPDATE(S), FREE songs! 12 years 1 month ago #9812

• Historygeek13
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I agree!! :cheer: Zuperman is doing a great job, but apple needs to pick it up. For all we know they could be ordering fast food all day :P No offense apple, but you really need to listen to the people(customers), don't send an email typed by a computer. :whistle: I'm just saying that unless you listen to the customers, you are going to lose quite a few.

I hope I haven't offended anyone with ths post? If I have, I'm sorry.
Keep up the good work, Z!!!

Green freedom

Re: Apple Corp.: NO UPDATE(S), FREE songs! 12 years 1 month ago #9819

• SkyDavis
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • 111th Falcon squad
  • Thank you received: 836

zuperman wrote: What pisses me off always about Apple is that instead of saying: sorry, we messed up. They say: it's never our fault, ask the developer, it's his fault. (when we have no power whatsoever over apple).

---

Hm maby there saying that in the AppStore the game needs not have a trial period but needs to be bought by its life time thing right in the AppStore and then have a light version over to the side like how most other games are doing it. And maby there saing thar buying points in game to buy planes needs to be changed where you got to buy them just flat out with money and not coins you earned. And maby have a thing where If you reach a certan rank and get so many kills you unlock the plane. I'm just taking a guess at what they mean becuse all the othere flight games I okay where you can buy planes and the app work that way. Dogfight is the oddball in the app store when it comes to buying aircraft and the app. But then again if the in app purchases in this game where all wrong they would probly have not approved the game in the first place but that was a while ago and the probly changed some of the rules. So I'm just guessing at what they mean I hope it helped. Also z send apple a message asking if this is what the mean ask them to explained in full detail what there thinking. If they give a bad answer by not realy answering anything then man we tell apple bye bye and all get androids.

Re: Apple Corp.: NO UPDATE(S), FREE songs! 12 years 1 month ago #10177

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fly [e]nigma, or I won't let you fly.
  • Thank you received: 963
apple pisses me off with their crap, i only use the iPad cuz my dad won it. im saving up right now for an android tab, but idk if it'll happen. the xoom looks good to me, but if anyone has one, give me some feedback please! thanks!

btw, dont take the songs.
See you in the skies!

Re: Apple Corp.: NO UPDATE(S), FREE songs! 12 years 1 month ago #10181

• KILLERNOOB
How about we make the last update for all and make a new game for apple wicth is the same as the original with different name and pic. BUT I DON'T KNOW IT WILL WORK

Re: Apple Corp.: NO UPDATE(S), FREE songs! 12 years 1 month ago #10193

• [e]Cookie8

Slenderman wrote:

---

Lol :lol:

Re: Apple Corp.: NO UPDATE(S), FREE songs! 12 years 1 month ago #10198

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
im hoping that was a joke and not meaning that your quitting, slender! gotta have the iron fist here! :D
See you in the skies!

Re: Apple Corp.: NO UPDATE(S), FREE songs! 12 years 1 month ago #10279

• Slenderman
  • The [e]nigma Corps
Yeah, just a joke mate!

Re: Apple Corp.: NO UPDATE(S), FREE songs! 12 years 1 month ago #10324

• Seattle2
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 62
I feel your pains, thanks - as an iPad user - for rattling the cages Gunnie (DF also gives me a break from my two <5yrs). There seems to be an Apple corporate logic around the one-time purchases from within the app and the renewing app purchase. I'm sure it increases their % to force apps through the store but maybe also relates to firewalls and security. I hate to add to the load of Zuperhuman efforts, but maybe there is a work-around through a separate "plane upgrade app?". I also wonder if post-Jobs they'll add accessories like joysticks or cockpits ....and mine was also a present...

Re: Apple Corp.: NO UPDATE(S), FREE songs! 12 years 1 month ago #11416

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Well, the term of license and agreements with Apple doesn't allow me to bad mouth them or they would remove my apps... so... just wait. Hopefully 4.4 will be out soon.

Re: Apple Corp.: NO UPDATE(S), FREE songs! 12 years 1 month ago #11430

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
i say apple can have the core. WE WANT OUR UPDATES!! i'm sorry for any flak you get from players who think that its ur fault that they dont have any of the recent (since ive been playing) updates. i mean, seriously. what does apple have to do to get apps thru the testing process? does it screw up their devices? no, look here, morons.
See you in the skies!

Re: Apple Corp.: NO UPDATE(S), FREE songs! 12 years 1 month ago #11431

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
i say apple can have the core. WE WANT OUR UPDATES!! i'm sorry for any flak you get from players who think that its ur fault that they dont have any of the recent (since ive been playing) updates. i mean, seriously. what does apple have to do to get apps thru the testing process? does it screw up their devices? no, look here, morons. :angry:
See you in the skies!

Last edit: by CalvinIsAwesome.

Re: Apple Corp.: NO UPDATE(S), FREE songs! 12 years 1 month ago #11448

• Slenderman
  • The [e]nigma Corps
Apple doesn't listen to the consumer. There's simply no point unless they're gaining money out of it.

Re: Apple Corp.: NO UPDATE(S), FREE songs! 12 years 1 month ago #11463

• Kazee83
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Hey Gunnie,

Where did you write/complain to? Is there a place to do so in the app store? I have an iPad too and I'm frustrated with no updates. Z, definitely appreciate all you do. I think all apple users should definitely write them, but we could do so from the standpoint of stating that our android friends have received multiple updates that we have not. We know it's not the developers fault because clearly the androids have the update so it must be apple's fault. I will also probably make some statement to them choosing apple for their high standards and feeling like they have fallen inferior to android, etc. That way it's an apple vs google issue, not an apple vs Z issue.

Re: Apple Corp.: NO UPDATE(S), FREE songs! 12 years 1 month ago #11465

• Kazee83
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
I do agree that they seem fairly money motivated, but there also very proud too, Slender. I think if we insult them (as all consumers can - ie. update my game or else I'm buying an android item next time because clearly they sell the better product) it may help

Re: Apple Corp.: NO UPDATE(S), FREE songs! 12 years 1 month ago #11467

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
pretty much. thats why we all love Z!
See you in the skies!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.564 seconds