Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Having trouble? 3 years 7 months ago #381369

• Sikorsky
  • Sikorsky's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Touch the sky with glory!
  • Thank you received: 523
So I’ve seen a lot of new players having issues lately. I’m starting this thread for them to ask questions and for the community to provide answers, and will help players in the future.
P.S. - If you already play dogfight elite and haven’t registered on the forum, I strongly advise you to register.
Lets go over some frequently asked questions.

General questions
1. Why does my aim suck?
Ans. We all started there, and got better as time went. To improve, play the practice missions. You also need to take other factors into consideration.

2. What’s the objective of the game?
Ans. There’s really not an objective, it’s more of a fly for fun thing. If you’re really want a goal, that’s becoming the #1 player on the leaderboard

3. Why do people shoot from the back?
Ans. That’s dogfight in a sentence. It’s not against the rules whatsoever. now what if my plane is bad?? Well, everybody started with dirt cheap planes that fly like bricks. Eventually, you’ll get to the big guns.

4. Should I get premium?
Ans. Premium provides more planes, cheaper costs and other benefits. No, you don’t need premium to play, but it’s really up to you.

Now, I’ll go over some specific questions
Aiming related questions

1.Why do my shots keep missing?
Ans. Like the first question, you can improve aim. There are lots of other factors like target lead, bullet drop etc. Instead of pointing directly at the enemy with the crosshair, aim slightly ahead of them and slightly higher so the bullets curve down and into the enemy. Also, if you have difficulties controlling the aircraft, here’s what you can do :-
I recommend using tilt controls on mobile and adjust the sensitivity to your convenience. Low sensitivity = precise movement, High sensitivity = fast movement
If you are on a P.C. , don’t use the keyboard as you can’t make precise moves with it. If you have a console controller or joystick, use that.
Don’t have those? Then instead of holding down the key for long, give it a short hit. And change the keybindings ( controls ) to your liking.
You can visit this bullet drop tutorial for more info( credit to - Juan Marni for making it )

This is work in progress, I will be adding more later( like point harvesting, more aiming related questions, tips and tricks etc.), that’s it for now.

File Attachment:

File Name:
File Size: 0 KB

​​​​​​​

File Attachment:

File Name:

The following user(s) said Thank You: Cue Ball, Gannet, frits, Pegoud, Stocasso, Juan Marni, Paco Zorapel, stevemull, paras reddy

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Sikorsky. Reason: Expanding the post, more will be added later, you know I don’t get much time.

Having trouble? 3 years 7 months ago #381426

• Gannet
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 4438
Anyone who is a MORAF should feel honour bound to contribute to this thread.
Come on guys, for the good of the game. :P
The following user(s) said Thank You: Juan Marni, Paco Zorapel, Sikorsky

Having trouble? 3 years 7 months ago #381476

• Sikorsky
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Farming is a nightmare for me. And in some cases, it’s very repetitive; just keep doing the same thing over and over again for hours. The worst part is - all that hard work will be gone fast. Imagine spending all those hours for getting stuff only to blow through all of it in a matter of seconds.

File Attachment:

File Name:

​​​​​​​

File Attachment:

File Name:

The following user(s) said Thank You: Paco Zorapel

Having trouble? 3 years 7 months ago #381481

• Cue Ball
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • BALD AND BEAUTIFUL
  • Thank you received: 1773

If I meet a noob and he's friendly, I'll help him with his aim,let him shoot me down till he gets it.Thanks Sikorsy,good forum.
Cueball#1

Cueball #2

The following user(s) said Thank You: Juan Marni, Paco Zorapel, Sikorsky, paras reddy

Having trouble? 3 years 7 months ago #381494

• Gannet
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I've got an annoying problem using my joystick. I get a a dead area in the center, which makes fine adjustments to aim very hard.
It doesn't seem to show in the joystick testing software, so I have deduced it must be built into Dogfight itself.
Anyone got the same problem? Anyone can use a joystick without a dead spot in the center?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sikorsky

Having trouble? 3 years 7 months ago #381499

• Sikorsky
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
That’s peculiar. Never seen anyone else having this issue. If you have multiple joysticks/controllers, try it with those. Maybe your joystick isn’t supported well? If the problem occurs with all of them, email zup at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

File Attachment:

File Name:

​​​​​​​

File Attachment:

File Name:

Having trouble? 3 years 6 months ago #381508

• Gannet
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
It's a Logitec Extreme 3D Pro.
Quite a common one.
Anyone else using it? (Successfully or unsuccessfully?)

Having trouble? 3 years 6 months ago #381602

• paras reddy
  • Be happy in every condition!
  • Thank you received: 83
Guys, Today i saw serious problem in game server:-
When I was flying my airplane to the enemy's carrier (at that time I was in middle of map or far from carrier), but Von Kilner was already started destroying carrier by tank, where I saw that"Carrier bombed by paras reddy". I want to know why the server is producing problem even I was far from carrier( not bombed a single bomb )?
I think Zup should do something in this matter.
Thank You
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sikorsky

Having trouble? 3 years 6 months ago #381603

• Sikorsky
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Sometimes it happens. And it even counts the damage as well. Not sure why tho, must be a glitch; might do further testing and see how often it happens.

File Attachment:

File Name:

​​​​​​​

File Attachment:

File Name:

The following user(s) said Thank You: paras reddy

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.484 seconds