Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Me262 is wayyyyyy too powerful 3 years 9 months ago #380881

• Sikorsky
  • Sikorsky's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Touch the sky with glory!
  • Thank you received: 523
Recently I have been losing a lot of 1v1 matches in WWII servers cuz of the Me262. I know, it’s a jet so it’s very good but I lost matches because of 1 Me262. I can’t understand why I am confronted by Me262’s in EVERY SINGLE MATCH I PLAY. This is annoying to be honest because as soon as I take off an Me262 is waiting to murder me and destroy hangars and bombers. So I have some options:-
A. Nerf the Me262, it sounds weird to nerf a jet but, ya know
B. Remove the Me262 and replace it with another plane, that’s a good option
C. Make WWI and WWII rooms separate, cuz in the “world wars” category it’s a mix of WWI and WWII and make it so you can access WWII if you have a WWII plane. It’s irritating to have no choice but to be thrown into “world wars” room.

And as always, share YOUR OPINION on this so it is noticed by others.
Have a nice day

File Attachment:

File Name:
File Size: 0 KB

​​​​​​​

File Attachment:

File Name:

The following user(s) said Thank You: R E Z, stevemull

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Me262 is wayyyyyy too powerful 3 years 9 months ago #380884

• Gannet
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 4449
Maybe let it have its speed, but give it a very large turn radius to reduce its maneuverability?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sikorsky

Me262 is wayyyyyy too powerful 3 years 9 months ago #380889

• Sikorsky
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Yes, cuz in real life the Me262 had a wide turning radius ( unlike what most people think ) and P-51 mustang pilots took advantage of that and shot those Me262’s down while turning.

File Attachment:

File Name:

​​​​​​​

File Attachment:

File Name:

Me262 is wayyyyyy too powerful 3 years 9 months ago #380894

• stevemull
  • Thank you received: 31
I have to agree, we should have a seperate game for WW1 and WW2 i had posted about the me262, and spits, etc before, and is not appropriate
in a ww1 game scenario

However i have got one kill in my spad killing an me262, :)

Me262 is wayyyyyy too powerful 3 years 9 months ago #380895

• V.Huntress War
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • (°-°)
  • Thank you received: 1369
Sorry guys, but this about the ww2 jets problem is an old discussion in this forum, as the developer said only subscribe to choose ww1 server .

★★★★

The following user(s) said Thank You: Sharp Shooter, Pegoud

Me262 is wayyyyyy too powerful 3 years 9 months ago #380898

• Sikorsky
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
No, I don’t want to pay money just to stop facing Me262’s. It’s very inconvenient ( yes I have brought down Me262’s before with WWI planes and pistol, but it’s incredibly hard ). They should either decrease the Me262 handling or allow you to have only WWI room or WWII room and not a mixed room and not have to pay money for it. Maybe if you want to switch sides ( allied to axis ) you can pay but for switching from WWII room to WWI room; no paying money for that. That is okay, I can live with having to play with both allied and axis sides, but not constantly being confronted by Me262’s or spitfires

File Attachment:

File Name:

​​​​​​​

File Attachment:

File Name:

The following user(s) said Thank You: stevemull

Me262 is wayyyyyy too powerful 3 years 9 months ago #380905

• Juan Marni
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Hey!
  • Thank you received: 407
This is why I'm saving for a Mustang... :lol:

Now, seriously, if you want to destroy a WW2, you have to be more clever than it. I normally use this tactics to destroy jets like this one:

Jets were harmed while making this screenshot :P

Follow these advices, and you will, at least, survive until a teammate appears.

-Always head to zones with a lot of trees. Jets are extremely fast. In fact, they're too fast and if you go through the trees, they won't be able to shoot you, and maybe they will crash against one.

-Never avoid their frontal attack. Jets aren't cheap (ask Luke Skystalker, he needed about $14M to max it up). What does this mean? Well, they will upgrade for sure first speed and agility, forgetting a very important thing: bullet drop. At 200+ knots, bullet drop makes almost impossible to aim. Also, they usually don't have so much fuel, just distract jets until they run out, and then blast them! Another reason to use frontal attack is that a jet is better in everything than your plane, the only way to make a balanced fight is using it.

-Attack with more planes. WW2 pilots usually get focused in a single plane, so be a distraction while your are teammates shoot at it.

-Use the side attack. This is my favourite way, because it works with every plane that is better than yours (I used this tactic to face Schuckerts with my SPAD).

Here you can see that the biplane needs much less ratio to get to the same place. Now you'll be asking: 'doesn't the jet have less turning ratio than my plane?' Yes, it has, and that will be a fatal error for its pilot.

Aaaand that's what we were waiting for! The jet will get just in front of you, and it will eat all your bullets. Sadly, this works better against WW1, with jets it's difficult to get the 4 shots to brought them down.

-Try to shoot at their front. Some jet pilots are very experiencied with that plane, and know some techniques to avoid your bullets (one of them is just rolling in a weird way). While they are doing that, wings are moving, but plane's body not. Shoot at it and that guy will get amazed with your skills.

-Move a lot. Drop bombs if needed, this is a deffensive tactic. If none of those advices worked, and the jet is on your tail, try to make fast and unpredictable movings. Also the 3rd person camera is helpful to know at where is it shooting, but I personally don't use it.

With all this, you can even have fun destroying jets, I love when I bring down some... :silly:

Oooor you can forget all this, subscribe and choose WW1 rooms until you have a WW2...
No necesitas el mejor avión para ser el mejor piloto.

La esperanza es lo último que se pierde. Seguimos a la espera...
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: DireWolf{WP****}, Pegoud, Paco Zorapel, Sikorsky

Last edit: by Juan Marni.

Me262 is wayyyyyy too powerful 3 years 9 months ago #380908

• Paco Zorapel
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Paco the Taco :D
  • Thank you received: 288
You forgot the most important part: the result :evil: B).

Thanks Juan for distracting him :). As you can see, Juan's advices work even with a SPAD.

Now seriously, I use some more tricks too, which can be useful if there's no backup and you are alone:

Use the clouds to hide

Fly in the clouds, it would be harder for him to see and shoot you.

Play with your throttle

Sometimes decreasing the throttle is useful, because jets approach very fast, and can overtake you. Aaaand, if he overtakes you, you are on his six, ready to shoot. However, this can't be done without...

Use the exterior camera to check jet's position

Yes, if you check his position, it would be easier to avoid his shots, and to know when you can decrease the throttle to get behind.

Congratulations, you brought down a jet without any help (or at least you survived)! Happy hunting guys! B)
Thanks to [Ñ] THE BLACK DRAGONS and Montymor for accepting me in such a big family. ¡Volar con honor, no rendirse jamás!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pegoud, Juan Marni, Sikorsky

Me262 is wayyyyyy too powerful 3 years 9 months ago #380915

• Sikorsky
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Now, is there a way to tell an Me262 to “come at me, bruh” for training?

File Attachment:

File Name:

​​​​​​​

File Attachment:

File Name:

The following user(s) said Thank You: Pegoud, Juan Marni, Paco Zorapel

Me262 is wayyyyyy too powerful 3 years 9 months ago #380968

• frits
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 711

t is true if you only want WW1 opponents that you have to pay. But let us see it this way; It is a hobby and every hobby costs money. If you are just starting out, I can still assume that you don't like to pay because you first want to see if you like the game. But once you play regularly and you like the game, it is only a small amount that you pay. Don't forget that there are a lot of costs to keep this game running.
You like to play this game and love it, then pay because nothing is free. It is only the price of 1 glass of beer or 1 ice cream per month. Do we stop drinking or stop eating ice cream because we have to pay for it?
I don't because I like it too much. :)

[IMG]http://i65.tinypic.com/16c59jo.jpg[ [img]https://i.imgur.com/2bVsstZ.png[/img]

i.imgur.com/RllEZWy.png
The following user(s) said Thank You: Acegirl, DireWolf{WP****}

Me262 is wayyyyyy too powerful 3 years 9 months ago #380970

• Sikorsky
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Well why should I pay for it if there are so many issues with the game itself?? Do you not know how irritating the glitches are? I’ll pay for premium once the game is fixed and stable.( not trying to hate, just saying )

File Attachment:

File Name:

​​​​​​​

File Attachment:

File Name:

The following user(s) said Thank You: stevemull

Me262 is wayyyyyy too powerful 3 years 7 months ago #381757

• stevemull
I left the game just know, due to an opponent flying a 262, I feel the whole game is irrelevant unless we are all flying similar spec machinery,
And as for the paying a yearly fee, this is ludicrous, as for that money a year, no matter wether it is a beer a month cost the game has to be well sorted, and working,
I dont mind paying a few quid to get a load of points, but subscribing, no way, im not tight, nor skint, but value for money has to be the order of the day,

Ive only been in this game for a few months, and already its getting tedious, as i think i know every bit of sky in the square, and every landmark, etc, even the tunnels are
boring to fly through now,

Every game seems like groundog day, and what with the current Covid 19 stuff, i need more stimulation, to get me through the week, before i top myself :)

Steve

Me262 is wayyyyyy too powerful 3 years 7 months ago #381778

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13142

Sikorsky wrote: Well why should I pay for it if there are so many issues with the game itself?? Do you not know how irritating the glitches are? I’ll pay for premium once the game is fixed and stable.( not trying to hate, just saying )

Hi there. You are talking to the author here. Well, yeah games has issues... but guess what? This whole game is developed, maintained and paid by a single person. That’s me. So sorry, I don’t have enough time or hands to fix them fast enough. To me this is not a job and I don’t make any profit. I just try to keep the game running with the support of you since servers and licenses aren’t cheap.

Also, the ME is exactly the same than the Spitfire. Literally it has the same code and system. Few people complain about the allied airplane and tons about the jet, just because they “see” a jet. You can put them one agains the other and race and turn. You will see they behave exactly the same way. Maybe I should just change the jet graphics and make it look like a zeppelin so people feel it’s not as good? ?

The ME won’t be gone from the game. People paid for it, it can’t be removed. I can add a jet on the allied side. To me it sounds silly because literally I made the spitfire work exactly as the ME so they have an exact match. But maybe “seeing” a jet would make people happier on the allied side, even with the same performance than the spitfire.

As for the issues and cost... well, the game is damn cheap and if you played for hours I think it’s worth it. I’m not a multinational or anything like that. I can’t afford to have a fully free running system right now or hire developers to help me with the game. It’s an act of love with very little economic interest on my part. So I fix as quick as I can.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M] Pagan, Sharp Shooter, Gannet, nebular, Alex Galt, Pegoud, Montymor., coyote, stevemull, Sikorsky and 1 other people also said thanks.

Last edit: by zuperman.

Me262 is wayyyyyy too powerful 3 years 7 months ago #381779

• stevemull
Fair reply, and i appreciate you coming on here and explaining,

steve

Me262 is wayyyyyy too powerful 3 years 7 months ago #381788

• Sikorsky
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Ok, I’ll admit- I was very stupid at that time, so sorry if it caused any annoyance.
And thanks for explaining it in a way where nobody is the idiot here.

File Attachment:

File Name:

​​​​​​​

File Attachment:

File Name:

The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M] Pagan, paras reddy

Me262 is wayyyyyy too powerful 3 years 7 months ago #381789

• paras reddy
  • Be happy in every condition!
  • Thank you received: 83
Yes! I can understand Zup's problem but I think horse problem is much severe ; we cannot use horse in any game or we will lose connection! I Iike horse as it can escape from every plane but after the update horse get worse even if I want to use it I cant. The horse was much better before the update.
Hope you understand our problem Zup.
Thank You
The following user(s) said Thank You: Enigmatic Jaguar

Me262 is wayyyyyy too powerful 3 years 6 months ago #381859

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13142
horse was fixed on the last update. Make sure to update the game.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sikorsky, paras reddy

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.468 seconds