Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

ZUP ! The theory about lag. 6 years 3 months ago #369443

• dognamitt
  • dognamitt's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • you will miss 100% of the shots you dont take
  • Thank you received: 5755
yes please explain why a player with 4 or5 mbs can shoot me before he has turned to face me IE shooting around corners and he seems to have a advantage against my 150 mbs or my tank is dead before my opponent has even released his bombs or if i drop a bomb on a tank and i am right over him in the second window he is somewhere else and my bomb misses ? its real frustrating

Please Log in to join the conversation.

ZUP ! The theory about lag. 6 years 3 months ago #369444

• pmoon1{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 851
Guys,
I am one of those "lucky" guys that has a slow connection at my house and I can assure you that I have not received the benefit of which you speak! Just look at my stats to check it out! I actually feel like cannon fodder out there scoring most of my kills lately by crashing head on into the player who's flying directly at me trying to get some hits in. I made a comment during a game a couple of days ago that I couldn't hit the water if I fell out of a boat! I don't know what the secret to making my shots land on an opponent but it sure isn't a connection with 2-3 mbps!

What doesn't kill you can hurt like the dickens!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cypher7{WP}, OUTLAW_WAR

ZUP ! The theory about lag. 6 years 3 months ago #369445

• acefreely
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 805
I have 72mbps and mine plays smooth and no skipping or lagging , but only in wings of duty...on elite it lags and skips and you get killed and can't even see it coming. Can't hit anything and 98percent it's unplayable.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cypher7{WP}

ZUP ! The theory about lag. 6 years 3 months ago #369447

• nebular
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2034
any chance you could re-institute the old lag indicator?? or at least kick out any connection not meeting a minimum speed for the the game to function smoothly...
The following user(s) said Thank You: dognamitt, Cypher7{WP}

ZUP ! The theory about lag. 6 years 3 months ago #369449

• Cypher7{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 4939

Nebular wrote: any chance you could re-institute the old lag indicator?? or at least kick out any connection not meeting a minimum speed for the the game to function smoothly...

This sounds like a reasonable request. If there speed adversely affects everyone in the game at that moment, I agree they should be tossed. Even if that player is myself. If I am lagging out the game it would be good to no. The important thing is that games be as smooth as possible. This will bring more people to play and keep them playing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dognamitt, nebular

ZUP ! The theory about lag. 6 years 3 months ago #369450

• Cypher7{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Here is something to test. A big issue could also be the browser that you use as your default. Chrome is giving me a ot of issues. I have tried a new fix that i watched on youtube. This involved deleting it. I am going to test it out tonight. I will post my findings and performance

ZUP ! The theory about lag. 6 years 3 months ago #369453

• Cypher7{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I am curious what developer options are available to adjust on android that are not available to other platforms. This is the first I have heard of this.

ZUP ! The theory about lag. 6 years 3 months ago #369456

• dognamitt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
i have developer mode on my tablet it doesn't really help the play at all but can help with interactions 'you and speed tap response time up and stop other apps from opening or being open at the same time so you have the cpu and gpu for just one sole purpose.

Cypher7{WP} wrote: I am curious what developer options are available to adjust on android that are not available to other platforms. This is the first I have heard of this.

The following user(s) said Thank You: OUTLAW_WAR

ZUP ! The theory about lag. 6 years 3 months ago #369482

• darraxx
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 10674

Cypher7{WP} wrote: I am curious what developer options are available to adjust on android that are not available to other platforms. This is the first I have heard of this.

Im curious too i uave android and i dont see any devloper mode ..is this an app you can use ????

ZUP ! The theory about lag. 6 years 3 months ago #369483

• dognamitt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
settings>build>tap build 7 times your in. But some devices lock that feature but alot of the settings are for developers and shouldn't be played with unless you know what they do i have scaling turned to0.5 and transition 0.5 i read online it helped my device perform better but my device is quad core a slower device wouldn't be able to cope with those settings it doesnt help my game play just helps my device run smoother

Last edit: by dognamitt.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.409 seconds