Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Extreme3dpro works if you set it up right- how to 7 years 8 months ago #341190

• [nlr] Dan1117
  • [nlr] Dan1117's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 7

:) I finally figured out how to set up the Logitech Extreme3dpro to work in Elite. I've seen others who have tried and failed and I know how frustrating it can be to try to control the aircraft and aim with a pc keyboard. If there are enough people who want to set theirs up, I'll be glad to write up a step by step tutorial.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] The Blue Fighter, nebular, Cypher7{WP}

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by [nlr] Dan1117.

Extreme3dpro works if you set it up right 7 years 8 months ago #341200

• [NLR] The Blue Fighter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Nothing is Impossible.
  • Thank you received: 9789
Please do that. I have one.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nebular, Cypher7{WP}

Extreme3dpro works if you set it up right 7 years 8 months ago #341213

• [nlr] Dan1117
  • [nlr] Dan1117's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 7

First things first. If you're using Windows10 and running the game from pc and want to use your Logitech Extreme 3d pro, you need to get the software from Logitech. Go to www.logitech.com/support/extreme3dpro and download the Logitech Gaming Software (Mine is Logitech Profiler version 5.10.127) and make sure you get the proper one for your system. The box next to the gaming software on Logitech's page is set to 32 bit by default but I run a 64 bit. If you run 64 bits, simply click the little arrow and select 64 bit and click "download." Make sure to reboot after the download. Once you've rebooted, plug in your joystick and then launch the profiler software you just downloaded. The Logitech Profiler software will detect your joystick.

Next, click Profile>New and it will bring up a Profile Properties window. The first box asks you what you would like your profile to be called. For some strange reason I gave the profiler "Dogfight Elite" as the name. The next part is a bit tricky. It asks you to locate the executable file for Elite. Mine is located in the WindowsApps folder and the "Browse" button is useless since this folder is hidden by Windows and you run into a bunch of roadblocks just to get access to it, so I'm going to do a walkthrough to help you get there:

1. Click on your File Explorer button on your task bar > C: drive > Program Files > WindowsApps (no space between Windows and Apps.)
2. If you don't see WindowsApps you need to click on the "View" tab and make sure the "Hidden Items" box is checked.
3. If you try to open the folder you will get a permissions denial screen, even if you're administrator. To work around this, right-click the WindowsApps folder > Properties > Advanced and where it says, Owner: Unable to display current owner, click Change. On the second line down it should read, Owner: TrustedInstaller. Click Change.
4. This will bring up the Select User or Group window. In the box where it says, "Enter the object name to select" type in your administrator name, usually the name from your Windows10 login screen. You may have to play around with it a bit unless you wrote it down. I tried typing in my name as it appeared on the login screen but it didn't work. Then I tried typing in my email address and it auto-corrected and worked fine. Yours is probably different, but I'm sure you can find it on your own.
5. One last thing to do: check the box that says "Replace owner on subcontainers and objects" so you have access to the other things in the WindowsApps folder and then click the OK button. Then just sit back for a bit while your computer places all these humble offerings at your royal feet and you will soon be able to gain access to all within.

Now, back to the main task at hand. Your Logitech Profiler asks you for the executable file for Dogfight Elite. Mine consisted of about 50 characters and didn't look anything like an executable file I've ever seen. I don't want to type it out in the forum because it might be unique to me and I don't want to risk the possibility of my account being hacked. What I did to find the executable file was to make a desktop shortcut to Dogfight Elite and right clicked on it, then clicked properties and it shows up in the Target box. That is what goes in the box for game executable file in you profiler. Alternatively, you can now use the "Browse" button to locate it easily.

After you get the boxes filled in and select an icon for Elite you can program your joystick buttons any way that suits you. You may still need to use the mouse to click through some of the game screens, but that should be much of a problem. There is one last thing to do in order to get the Extreme3dpro to work with Dogfight Elite, and it is of UTMOST IMPORTANCE. Once you program all of your buttons the way you want them, go to the Options tab on the Logitech Profiler and select Global Profiler Settings. Choose the Apply persistent profile radio button. This is the only way I've found that makes things work. You'll probably need to change it back for other games, but don't quote me on this.

One other suggestion: Log on to a practice session to check out how well things work. It helped me iron out a few wrinkles.

I hope this post is helpful to anyone who reads it. Also, I would like to let you know that I don't profess to have all the answers, but I do have a knack for finding many of them. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask and I'll help if I can. You can also ask in-game, as long as you're not shooting me down in flames at the same time.

As an added note, there is a multitude of other controllers out there and many of the profilers are similar. I'll be glad to help if you ask. In-game I'm Dan1117.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] The Blue Fighter, Gannet, nebular

Last edit: by [nlr] Dan1117.

Extreme3dpro works if you set it up right 7 years 8 months ago #341215

• Cypher7{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 4939
Great Post. I may need to pick your your brain on future window 10 issues.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] The Blue Fighter

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.403 seconds