Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Head on only? Why? 9 years 1 month ago #247345

• Jimboslice27
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • YOU BETTER RUN
  • Thank you received: 748
Thanks for not refraining ped!

I haven't played much due to many factors including (mostly) the bad updates and delays with Apple. I expect this to change (hopefully) in the near future. When I was more active I played games with and against everyone here in this thread and enjoyed them very much. It didn't matter to me what style you brought to the game. It's what makes this game so fun. I personally like to cruse at 700-900ft and like to work the fringes. It helps spread the field and isolate the enemy for a better tactical advantage vs. getting blasted in the face by multiple reds. I like going over the top on occasion and if needed I'll patrol the sidelines looking for "missing" enemies. No offence to you longrifle but I have to disagree with your view that people who use the whole theater of battle are lesser pilots. Now taking the long route when you out number the enemy 7-1 or even 5-2 might be bad form and a little cheep, it doesn't make you the spawn of satan. I just wish people would realize that trying to impose their gaming philosophy on others is misguided at best. Next time I see any of you in game it probably will not be at 200ft at center field. Happy flying!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Acegirl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Head on only? Why? 9 years 1 month ago #247355

• Longrifle
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 876

Jimboslice27 wrote: Thanks for not refraining ped!

I haven't played much due to many factors including (mostly) the bad updates and delays with Apple. I expect this to change (hopefully) in the near future. When I was more active I played games with and against everyone here in this thread and enjoyed them very much. It didn't matter to me what style you brought to the game. It's what makes this game so fun. I personally like to cruse at 700-900ft and like to work the fringes. It helps spread the field and isolate the enemy for a better tactical advantage vs. getting blasted in the face by multiple reds. I like going over the top on occasion and if needed I'll patrol the sidelines looking for "missing" enemies. No offence to you longrifle but I have to disagree with your view that people who use the whole theater of battle are lesser pilots. Now taking the long route when you out number the enemy 7-1 or even 5-2 might be bad form and a little cheep, it doesn't make you the spawn of satan. I just wish people would realize that trying to impose their gaming philosophy on others is misguided at best. Next time I see any of you in game it probably will not be at 200ft at center field. Happy flying!

Show me where I said that.
This Gun's For Hire

Head on only? Why? 9 years 1 month ago #247372

• --J--
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 839
There are a lot of behaviors demonstrated in game that disappoint me, but only two that really burn my biscuits.
#1 spawn-killing
#2 team-killing

Most other questionable behaviors can be justified in some situations.

I would like to someday see the game evolve to where regular teams could practice and play together. I could see coordinated cover fire, dedicated fighter / bomber roles, and radar avoidance being valid strategies in that situation.

As the game is now you do not see team strategies very often. Ive never seen a coordinated defensive strategy in game.

If you build it, I will come.......and bomb it !!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate, Acegirl

Head on only? Why? 9 years 1 month ago #247432

• GHOSTRIDER1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Yippie Die Yo Yippie Die Yay
  • Thank you received: 1873

[NLR] McFate wrote: This is not intended as a challenge. (okay, maybe just a little bit :P )
I intend this as a real question and I hope for real answers.

Question 1:

What is so exciting, thrilling, compelling , satisfying about straight up the middle valley of death head-on games? :huh:

Question 2:

Why are so many offended by droppers, campers, sneaks, etc?
(I'm not asking about spawn killing here.)

Personally for me I prefer ahead on game, I have a very small screen, and the dogfighting proves more frustrating for me then pleasurable especially now since it takes for its hits to killI can almost always hold my own in a dog fight however it's a little more fun for me to get 3 to 5 kills in the time it takes me to get one in a dog fight.I have very little problem at all with camping unless there's a person who does nothing but drop then sneak to the enemy base and camp just for the sake of adding their stats, it's their business, but I think it's pretty damn sleazy.. It's also sleazy when all you ever do is Camp or when the game is severely tilted. As far as dropping goes it doesn't really offend me but all that happens is it creates a game where nobody can carry a bomb and stay alive all the way to the base no matter their skill level. Mind you, I see no problem dropping to defend your base when outnumbered, or to pick up speed to chase down a high flyer but doing it every spoils the game amd is usually not done for the Benoit of the team. As far as sneaking goes I used to sneak and dive an awful lot however I didn't do it every school run of every single game within the game was slanted or not and I think that's what most people are offended by

Head on only? Why? 9 years 1 month ago #247441

• =£ufbery=
  • Thank you received: 35
I would like to see the game change in a different way more like real life war tactics. First a bigger terrain. The game would start first by filling up designated commanders who would with the group have a timed period to discuss the next plan.. Everyone would only have one life. As we travel through the terrain we would encounter artillery that we would have to avoid. Then the opponents where we would have to fight them with our one life and cover our bombers would would have to bomb them.i think that would be more interesting like real life. No offence.. I like head to head bombing...but after a while it gets repetitive.. It's only who has more kills..no team effort at all. So why even have teams. If that's the goal we should always only be dog fighting. I also want to ad that to you high ranked players you have absolutely no right to tell others on how to play on a head on game like DF. You DON T own this game. We all paid our share to be able to play so mind your own business and let others have fun. This is only a game idiots. If you have no life outside of DF then maybe you should quit playing. My 2 cents...

Last edit: by =£ufbery=.

Head on only? Why? 9 years 1 month ago #247443

• Husky Dog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 3536
Everybody seems to be glossing over something that was brought up in this thread...

You can LAND on the carrier's antenna?! I'm definitely going to try that.

To the fowl whose fiery eyes now burned into thy bosom’s core

Head on only? Why? 9 years 1 month ago #247447

• 111th| Heroicz
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Top 100 {Moraf}.."Try Not To Think About It ?" :)
  • Thank you received: 291
Great stuff to all who posted on this thread. Not too much to add, u guys pretty much covered everything ? :dry: I'm pretty sure we all been on both sides of the fence ? :unsure: Not to over state this blog, but rather to tell u the equation of the Matter. :huh:
The Game has become fair once u've put ur token in to play.. & don't press start because then the rest is on u. My advice ? Look up the word fun, bcuz if ur not having fun, then what are u duin ? :whistle: Whether u accept it or not, u are a pilot.. supposedly 1 who fights ? Speaking of simulation & real lke.. do u guys (In General) know anything about War or Aviation for that Matter ? I started as just a gamer lke most.. with an upside down kdr. :blush: This is what I did :

1. Blah Blah

2.Sum more Blah Blah Blah

3.did I mention, Blah Blah Blah Blah

Hahah, luv u :lol: :lol: :lol:

Attachment falconufo.jpg not found

Attachment Heroicz101.jpg not found

The 111th Falcon Squadron.. Marshal of The Royal Air Force.

Attachments:

Last edit: by 111th| Heroicz.

Head on only? Why? 9 years 1 month ago #247504

• nebular
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2034
I only head straight up the middle because that is where the majority of the pesky reds are and it is the shortest route to get the mission accomplished.... That said I think that the whole game would change if some more physics were applied to the bullets.... it seems to me that accounting for drop and the effective range of a WWI gun would require a closer more realistic battle, as would having to pause to reload after 50 or 100 shots.... and an occasional jam of a hot gun would add some randomity and make that head on fight a lot less attractive.... Have to admit that I do like to be able to hang on the prop and pick off that high flyer tho....
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate, Acegirl

Head on only? Why? 9 years 1 month ago #247511

• [NLR] McFate
  • [NLR] McFate's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't believe everything you think.
  • Thank you received: 5398

Nebulas wrote: I only head straight up the middle because that is where the majority of the pesky reds are and it is the shortest route to get the mission accomplished.... That said I think that the whole game would change if some more physics were applied to the bullets.... it seems to me that accounting for drop and the effective range of a WWI gun would require a closer more realistic battle, as would having to pause to reload after 50 or 100 shots.... and an occasional jam of a hot gun would add some randomity and make that head on fight a lot less attractive.... Have to admit that I do like to be able to hang on the prop and pick off that high flyer tho....

Great thoughts neb.

I was musing about reducing the range of the map/radar too. If you could not see red dots on the map or names above the plane until after they were already in visual range... Flying in groups would have more effect, patrolling etc... I suppose this would be better if there were something like 10 players for each team.

B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Acegirl, nebular

Last edit: by [NLR] McFate.

Head on only? Why? 9 years 1 month ago #247519

• Manfred
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Just Manfred
  • Thank you received: 3866
Once everyone is up to the latest release and team chat is working, I think strategies and behaviors (and, therefore, what are considered norms) will be changed dramatically. And complaints about off-norms will die out, at least the complaints about sneaking.

Can you imagine? With team chat, a team would be idiotic to not communicate about who goes where. Where to sneak, how many, whether to send a scout, how many up the middle, who stays at base. I used to play a lot of paintball back when the guns were single shot bolt action and the battlefield was in the woods. It was about strategy, some shooting skills, and a willingness to crash through the bushes instead of going around a thicket. But it was mostly about communication. Dogfight is about to become THAT. It will be terrific!

Manfred
The following user(s) said Thank You: --J--, [NLR] McFate, ZebraUp, Acegirl

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.496 seconds