Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC:

Get a tissue! 10 years 4 months ago #146999

• YEMX
  • YEMX's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 3983
If all you are going to do is cry about how un-fair the teams are in a game, while you are sitting at the top of kill to death ratio, in said game. Maybe this game is not for you? Or continue like you have and cry about it everytime you get shot "boo-hoo-hoo sides are so unfair!!!" BRO TAKE YOUR TOY's AND GO HOME! It happens to all of us. Some throw out dribble every two seconds and other's yell out some motivating "WAR CRY" and embrace the challenge!
Funny how you never see Blue Max, wig, BS, Davy, Doc, ParrotHead, WTG, or any other admired players cry about being out gunned! They just take it like a man and rack up kills until the sides ballance out or GOD forbid.... They (you) actually lose a game... I will not point fingers at anyone person but I just left a game that was a "real tear jerker" by a seasoned player that was actually having a good run at it!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Manfred, bellsaj, SkyDavis, MaVrk, Flying muck, |111th|KptnSINGH, GreyGhost, [*M]bhfoust, BlüEMäX, Gizmo. and 7 other people also said thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by YEMX.

Get a tissue! 10 years 4 months ago #147001

• [*M] MISFIT CROCKETT
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 13215
Thank you BRIAN good post, I've actually won several where I was outnumbered, fought for an hour or so than it all changed and ended up winning. It was fun let me tell you. One game yesterday where our carrier was down to 10, the enemy was 100 and ended up winning. Sometimes I was killed 10 times or so before clearing airport but ended up having at least a 2 to 1 kill ratio in my favor. I think MAX came into the end of that last game and won it for us. When he enters you know u have it made.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GreyGhost, [*M]bhfoust, YEMX, Gizmo., [*M]yNuts, Uplandbird

Get a tissue! 10 years 4 months ago #147002

• [*M]bhfoust
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Rock'n the tank since 2012
  • Thank you received: 8857
Target rich environment=points....sounds like they need a waaaaaambulance :woohoo:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manfred, GreyGhost, YEMX, [*M]yNuts

Get a tissue! 10 years 4 months ago #147004

• [*M]yNuts
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 4141
Happens to us all, It builds character!! AND of course the enemies points bank!!! Brian I like the Waaaaaaaaambulance!!! gonna use that in game!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]bhfoust, YEMX

Get a tissue! 10 years 4 months ago #147007

• YEMX
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
Funny! Everyone that (thanked or posted) are all tuned in with that fighter spirt that I was talking about!
Thank you so much for posting and please keep the stories rolling about the thrill of being out gunned and "win or lose" you gave it your best and had a good time! We all have our bad days and 99.99% of the time I am at the bottom of the kill to death ratio. It is what it is, just like 3 vs 5 game, sorry that is by far a do-able situation.
My thing is I like to play with guys that can WIN AND LOSE with some style. Not boo-whoo-whooo the WHOLE time. I was even going to say somthing about it being one-side in our favor (they did get in 3 to maby 5 of our hangers) and that they were doing good holding us off, however I was drowning from steady flow of tears. Many many many players will complement the underdog's over and over with good game play and having a "Can Do Attitude"!
Fight well my friends!
The following user(s) said Thank You: GreyGhost, [*M]bhfoust, Gizmo.

Get a tissue! 10 years 4 months ago #147008

• YEMX
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
Yah we need to keep the Waaaaaaaaaaambulance full of fuel! And pay Foust big bucks to drive into games for us to pull out the "W-aaahhhh-OUNDED" that was a good line Foust!
The following user(s) said Thank You: GreyGhost, [*M]bhfoust

Get a tissue! 10 years 4 months ago #147010

• [*M] MISFIT CROCKETT
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 13215
Yesterday I was in a game with a MISFIT SKYSTONE, in the beginning I was outnumbered, I fought long and hard and then it changed. Poor SKYSTONE fought long and hard to, never and I do mean never complained, he kept us away for a long time until we took it.

I was so impressed that I took a picture and posted it on the MISFIT tread yesterday with a WELL DONE. He was a real credit to his squadron.

Also great job by TRIPLE TAPS, i really like him and DRAGON 800. All three are great players.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: GreyGhost, [*M]bhfoust, YEMX, [*M]VonHuLK, Uplandbird

Last edit: by [*M] MISFIT CROCKETT.

Get a tissue! 10 years 4 months ago #147014

• BlüEMäX
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Chicken & Waffles!!
  • Thank you received: 3085
Just came out of a target rich environment. This one was work. If I can't make it to bomb I will run the battery out of your device. :P this one finally flipped and the tide turned. Damn I was on the short end for a loooooong time. I would rather see a balanced game though. This game would have been even but every team mate I got was a low rank. Get shot twice and bale. Ooof. These are just hold on as long as you can and hope to see reds leave or a blue or two show up.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: GreyGhost, YEMX, [*M] MISFIT CROCKETT, [NLR] McFate, [*M]VonHuLK

Get a tissue! 10 years 4 months ago #147016

• YEMX
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked

Blue Max Young wrote: Just came out of a target rich environment. This one was work. If I can't make it to bomb I will run the battery out of your device. :P this one finally flipped and the tide turned. Damn I was on the short end for a loooooong time. I would rather see a balanced game though. This game would have been even but every team mate I got was a low rank. Get shot twice and bale. Ooof. These are just hold on as long as you can and hope to see reds leave or a blue or two show up.

Lol you say tough game...... It would take me 10-15 rounds to get to 200! Great Job Max! Oh and I bet most of the thought's that ran thru your mind were on the lines of "YAH GET SOME, YAH BRING IT, DADDY'S HOME SO YOU GUYS BETTER CALL IN MORE REDS!!!" not "ah man ........sniffle...sniffle one-sided again...sniffle sniffle....."
The following user(s) said Thank You: DD I Stranger

Get a tissue! 10 years 4 months ago #147019

• Mongo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fly like its stolen shoot like you mean to keep it
  • Thank you received: 6558
Waaaaambulance that is great!

Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or an idiot from any direction
(.Y.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: GreyGhost, [*M]bhfoust, YEMX

Get a tissue! 10 years 4 months ago #147020

• YEMX
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked

bhfoust wrote: Target rich environment=points....sounds like they need a waaaaaambulance :woohoo:

Found bhfoust his new company Driver's Shirt!

Attachment not found

Also upgraded his ride so he can cut thru traffic and make that quick response time!

Attachment not found

The following user(s) said Thank You: Manfred, hansone, GreyGhost, [*M]bhfoust

Get a tissue! 10 years 4 months ago #147022

• BlüEMäX
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Chicken & Waffles!!
Sometimes it's like the game wants to test you. Just to see if you will stay. I will admit sometimes after I see red after red enter I'm like WTH? Man I can play but give me a break. I still like to make it hard on em. Some of these turn around and some don't.

Tips for the lopsided game from MäX

1. Always shoot the guy that is killing you first. Not just rank. The one that is dropping you the most he is top of the list. Most times it will be a high rank guy but not always.

2. Never leave a tank. EVER

3. Kill as many chutes as you can. Doubling back to get tanks is time consuming. You have no time to waste. Defense.

4. Never Tank. Waste of valuable killing time. You are on defense. A tank is a offensive weapon. If you make it the last hill and get shot down tank there. No other time.

5. Chute kills save you buns. Jump and start shooting.

6. Kill planes before tanks. You can not kill tanks if someone shoots you down. Prioritize targets.

7. Memory. Remember the guys names that sneak. Make 2 runs low then drop and go high fast. He will be there. Kill him and return to the field. Two more runs and back high. You can set you watch by it. They will get tired of getting killed and leave. You will be happy. The same guys sneak every time. Over & over & over. Ugh.

8. Switch and help an outnumbered guy. They remember it. Some day they will return the favor.

9. Never leave. Don't quit. No matter what. Just keep killing.

10. Shoot planes down in order. Kill one, wait, kill 2, wait, kill 3, wait a sec. It spreads them out. They will be forever coming in a line. Easier to kill one at a time. If you have a horde of reds it is difficult. Very few guys form up and fly together.

11. Don't miss. :) make your shots count.

12. If you are shot down close to your base do not get in a chute. Choose plane and get in the air fast.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manfred, bellsaj, Flying muck, hansone, GreyGhost, YEMX, [*M] bware, [NLR] McFate, [*M]ONSTER CANNON, Uplandbird and 2 other people also said thanks.

Last edit: by BlüEMäX.

Get a tissue! 10 years 4 months ago #147023

• hansone
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 326
Had a BTC like that last night .. started out relatively even but reached a point where it was a 6-1 against me. Target rich. Kept flaming the reds until they finally overwhelmed me with a tank assault. I got torqued when one of them said it would be nice if I kept my bomb. Sweetie, I wasn't dropping ... well, dropping reds .. but not my bomb :evil:
Seems like when you're kicking butt you will always have those looking for excuses ... you must be dumping ... oh this lag (..lag, the perennial excuse for all things bad..) ... or if only I had a better plane ... it's not the plane, I have a sock puppet that is doing quite well and I stick with the Red Baron and the Spad. Like most things, it's all about the experience .. the more you play, the better you get.
The following user(s) said Thank You: YEMX

Get a tissue! 10 years 4 months ago #147024

• BlüEMäX
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Chicken & Waffles!!

hansone wrote: Had a BTC like that last night .. started out relatively even but reached a point where it was a 6-1 against me. Target rich. Kept flaming the reds until they finally overwhelmed me with a tank assault. I got torqued when one of them said it would be nice if I kept my bomb. Sweetie, I wasn't dropping ... well, dropping reds .. but not my bomb :evil:
Seems like when you're kicking butt you will always have those looking for excuses ... you must be dumping ... oh this lag (..lag, the perennial excuse for all things bad..) ... or if only I had a better plane ... it's not the plane, I have a sock puppet that is doing quite well and I stick with the Red Baron and the Spad. Like most things, it's all about the experience .. the more you play, the better you get.

Yes the plane only makes a difference in a turning dogfight. Head on shots are all the same. One just has a few more bullets than the other. I've had crazy success with the EIII. I would play with it more but you can't handle a dropper in it. You are dead. No chance.

Get a tissue! 10 years 4 months ago #147025

• [*M]bhfoust
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Blue Max Young wrote: Sometimes it's like the game wants to test you. Just to see if you will stay. I will admit sometimes after I see red after red enter I'm like WTH? Man I can play but give me a break. I still like to make it hard on em. Some of these turn around and some don't.

1. Always shoot the guy that is killing you first. Not just rank. The one that is dropping you the most he is top of the list. Most times it will be a high rank guy but not always.

3. Kill as many chutes as you can. Doubling back to get tanks is time consuming. You have no time to waste. Defense.

4. Never Tank. Waste of valuable killing time. You are on defense. A tank is a offensive weapon. If you make it the last hill and get shot down tank there. No other time.

6. Kill planes before tanks. You can not kill tanks if someone shoots you down. Prioritize targets.

7. Memory. Remember the guys names that sneak. Make 2 runs low then drop and go high fast. He will be there. Kill him and return to the field. Two more runs and back high. You can set you watch by it. They will get tired of getting killed and leave. You will be happy. The same guys sneak every time. Over & over & over. Ugh.

8. Switch and help an outnumbered guy. They remember it. Some day they will return the favor.

10. Shoot planes down in order. Kill one, wait, kill 2, wait, kill 3, wait a sec. It spreads them out. They will be forever coming in a line. Easier to kill one at a time. If you have a horde of reds it is difficult. Very few guys form up and fly together.

12. If you are shot down close to your base do not get in a chute. Choose plane and get in the air fast.

It's hard for me not to get in a tank, but I have certain points on the map that i will get back in my plane, I bet 80 % of my hangars bombed are from my tank.

Get a tissue! 10 years 4 months ago #147027

• hansone
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

Blue Max Young wrote:

hansone wrote: Had a BTC like that last night .. started out relatively even but reached a point where it was a 6-1 against me. Target rich. Kept flaming the reds until they finally overwhelmed me with a tank assault. I got torqued when one of them said it would be nice if I kept my bomb. Sweetie, I wasn't dropping ... well, dropping reds .. but not my bomb :evil:

Yes the plane only makes a difference in a turning dogfight. Head on shots are all the same. One just has a few more bullets than the other. I've had crazy success with the EIII. I would play with it more but you can't handle a dropper in it. You are dead. No chance.

Yep, against a dropper it's drop or die. I do find the Red Baron and Spad can hold there own in a turning battle ... definitely a challenge against the high end planes but can be done. A lot of times when I know they've dropped I'll start evasives to try and make it as close to the base or carrier before getting flamed so I can tank. I'm getting more comfortable with the tank so I like jumping in and making a go at it. But I'm on a head-on fighter ... not as comfortable in the turning battles.

Get a tissue! 10 years 4 months ago #147030

• BlüEMäX
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Chicken & Waffles!!
You are a deadly MOFO in a tank. I'm a sitting duck. The split screen glitch keeps me out of the tank any way. Soon as I touch the tank its game over. I have to exit and hope I can get back.

I use the soldier. But not unless I'm past mid field. I actually shot down an entire team with the soldier last night in one run. I always auto destroy when I'm out of ammo and get back to the plane if I'm not killed. Love me some MOMfantry. It disrupts the whole red team. Crashing and getting shot down by the soldier. Some folks even get a little aggravated being shot with the man. :pinch: noobs cant resist trying to shoot the man. Picking them off is fun.

Get a tissue! 10 years 4 months ago #147031

• [*M]bhfoust
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I have to agree, the spad can hold its own in the turn fight. Takes a bit of throttle work, but for a low-end plane she is a keeper.

Get a tissue! 10 years 4 months ago #147032

• Hyperdrive
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • built from spare body parts of dead combat pilots
  • Thank you received: 298
Good lord max how long did that match last for you to rack up 227 kills?

Get a tissue! 10 years 4 months ago #147033

• BlüEMäX
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Chicken & Waffles!!
The SPAD and Barron can hold their own. Not with a seasoned dropper though. A Kero or Lowenhardt type will hand you your tuckus and make you like it.

Kero is the reason I wont fly the EIII any more. I was handling him rough head on so he just dropped spirialed around and destroyed me. Camped and spawnkilled me over and over. I was alone and in the EIII. Oh boy I was pissed. Still owe him one for that.

Get a tissue! 10 years 4 months ago #147034

• [*M]VonHuLK
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • BOOM Game Over...
  • Thank you received: 21656
Sir YEMX, I happen to remember a game where It was 3 vs me( doesn't sound to bad, right? ). Well it was Davy, YEMX, and another I can't recall. 45 minutes later I got some help. I held them off, by myself. I think I was just a little more surprised then you were. I knew I had become better that day. It was an eye opener for me. When I first realized I was alone against you 3, I said to myself this won't last long. I proved myself that day, not just to myself, but to the others in that game. So far my greatest game. Not for the K/D, not for the amount of kills, I gained the respect of top players that day. Thanks VONHULK

ALL IN 100%
The following user(s) said Thank You: hansone, YEMX, BlüEMäX, Uplandbird

Get a tissue! 10 years 4 months ago #147035

• BlüEMäX
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Chicken & Waffles!!

[WS]HD wrote: Good lord max how long did that match last for you to rack up 227 kills?

May be a couple hours.

Get a tissue! 10 years 4 months ago #147038

• hansone
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Full disclosure, in the game I cited, I was up against lower ranks plus an air marshal .... nom nom nom. A vice marshal joined at the end and then they managed to get three tanks in on me ... got two of them but the damage was done. Boo hooo ...YEMX, please pass a tissue.
The following user(s) said Thank You: YEMX, BlüEMäX

Get a tissue! 10 years 4 months ago #147040

• [*M]Reckless
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • The pilot formerly known as Porkfinger
  • Thank you received: 2690
Boys, you're not wrong. The only thing worse than being outgunned 5 on 3 is having someone wimp out and their spot gets filled by a red to make it 6 on 2.
There's even times when the odds are even and teammates leave just because of who the reds are, and who joins in their place? More reds! Argh!
Last night for example, I'm doing half decent and a couple reds leave the game, and of course it would have to be Blue Max and YEMX that spawn in to take their place lol! Frig basket! This is gonna hurt. My battery was almost dead but I tell you I found a plug some frigging fast because I won't have it die and look like I wimped out when things got rough, and see my name on this thread lol! HEEELLLL NO!

Yes there are times when you're gonna take a pounding, its a war game and war is rarely fair. But when you're outnumbered its an opportunity to make kills, when you're out skilled its an opportunity to learn from better players. If you're not interested in either, perhaps Candy Crush Saga is the game for you.

SANITY IS HIGHLY OVERRATED....
The following user(s) said Thank You: YEMX, BlüEMäX, [*M]VonHuLK, Uplandbird

Get a tissue! 10 years 4 months ago #147043

• Mongo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fly like its stolen shoot like you mean to keep it
  • Thank you received: 6558

Blue Max Young wrote: Sometimes it's like the game wants to test you. Just to see if you will stay. I will admit sometimes after I see red after red enter I'm like WTH? Man I can play but give me a break. I still like to make it hard on em. Some of these turn around and some don't.

Especially rule #9. Never quit! Kill them all!

Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or an idiot from any direction
(.Y.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: YEMX, BlüEMäX

Get a tissue! 10 years 4 months ago #147044

• Uplandbird
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Dogs make life Better
  • Thank you received: 1964
It's a learning curve for sure. I try to stay in a game until the bitter end, but I played a game with T.R from the Misfits this am that surprised the hell out of me. TR is just about to make moraf and we were doing ok until MaX spawned in. I figured TR is just looking for points and would leave but he just kept flying and shooting knowing we were now climbing a steep hill. Then Frank B spawned in and I thought that's it TR is gone.
But he stayed with me and we did lose but not until we both got to shoot Max and Frank a few times. I consider that a achievement!
I so admire TR and the guys that stand up to a probable loss and screw their stats
Ownership of your teammates is big factor along with your pride of staying knowing your gonna get a wumping.
Glad this is not a game that you can't hear me cuss like a sailor, (or maybe a Marine) cuz I do when it happens....
Momfantry MaX, really? I like it better then me calling you the manfantry. Can't resist trying to shoot yous on the ground.....you'd think I'd learn.
Birdie

By the way the reason I get to foul mouthed is out of frustration at myself cuz I'm not very good, not at the person shooting the hell out of me, and it helps to get the dogs off the couch, they get worried it's them I'm pissed at... :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: YEMX, BlüEMäX, [NLR] McFate, Mongo, [*M]VonHuLK, [*M]ONSTER CANNON

Last edit: by Uplandbird.

Get a tissue! 10 years 4 months ago #147047

• YEMX
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked

Vonkopp wrote: Sir YEMX, I happen to remember a game where It was 3 vs me( doesn't sound to bad, right? ). Well it was Davy, YEMX, and another I can't recall. 45 minutes later I got some help. I held them off, by myself. I think I was just a little more surprised then you were. I knew I had become better that day. It was an eye opener for me. When I first realized I was alone against you 3, I said to myself this won't last long. I proved myself that day, not just to myself, but to the others in that game. So far my greatest game. Not for the K/D, not for the amount of kills, I gained the respect of top players that day. Thanks VONHULK

Yup you did awsome in that one! After my head cleared, I went to the Gold Player Post and posted this.

I would like to nominate VONHULK. His whole team dropped one after another, until HULK was solo. I was teamed up with Davy and we went at it for about 45 min before HULK got some help and so did we. However after a good 90 or so minute game the side with HULK took the win. It was one of those game that when you get up you don't know if you are going to throw up or not from all the round and rounds. I had a headache for like 2 hours after that. It was a loss for me and Davy but it was worth it. VONHULK never said one bad thing the entire time! Great Job VONHULK!

The key point is, you were pushed, you stuck it out, even when it look to be hopeless. The outcome was, you ended up wining, got a little bit of a "Pep in your step" and have become a force to be reckoned with! As you said it took you to a new level and you became a better player that day!
Thanks for posting!
The following user(s) said Thank You: BlüEMäX, [NLR] McFate, [*M]VonHuLK, Uplandbird

Get a tissue! 10 years 4 months ago #147050

• YEMX
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked

Porkfinger wrote: Boys, you're not wrong. The only thing worse than being outgunned 5 on 3 is having someone wimp out and their spot gets filled by a red to make it 6 on 2.
There's even times when the odds are even and teammates leave just because of who the reds are, and who joins in their place? More reds! Argh!
Last night for example, I'm doing half decent and a couple reds leave the game, and of course it would have to be Blue Max and YEMX that spawn in to take their place lol! Frig basket! This is gonna hurt. My battery was almost dead but I tell you I found a plug some frigging fast because I won't have it die and look like I wimped out when things got rough, and see my name on this thread lol! HEEELLLL NO!

Yes there are times when you're gonna take a pounding, its a war game and war is rarely fair. But when you're outnumbered its an opportunity to make kills, when you're out skilled its an opportunity to learn from better players. If you're not interested in either, perhaps Candy Crush Saga is the game for you.

Again another fine example of "Rule #9 " from great tactical strategist BLUE MAX YOUNG I dont know how many games I have won by just sticking it out! I bet it is in the hundreds, even early on when players were bouncing because i was an unknown and they would wait to fly with players they knew. I just kept chugging away at it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BlüEMäX, [*M]VonHuLK, Uplandbird, [*M]Reckless

Get a tissue! 10 years 4 months ago #147056

• Manfred
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Just Manfred
  • Thank you received: 3866
Hansone, lol, I'm going to use that next time someone accuses me of dropping just because they don't know how to turn with a bomb (and probably aren't learning cuz they drop!). "Sweetie, the only thing I'm dropping are reds." Lol.

And when the whiners spout their whoas, "waaambulance alert" will be at the ready. Wish we could program memory phrases into chat.

Manfred
The following user(s) said Thank You: hansone, YEMX, [*M]VonHuLK

Get a tissue! 10 years 4 months ago #147059

• YEMX
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
This quite possibly could be my second greatest day (First Day was when I became a Proud New M.O.M) on DogFight! I have started a topic that not only received a comment (other then "we don't understand You") but has now made it to page two!!! Ahhhhhh CRAP!!! Someone get ahold of Foust and dispatch out a wAaaaMBULANCE!!!! The flood gates are about to burst!! Hurry before I drown myself! Baa hahahahaha!

No but really thank all of you for posting, it is a great feeling to get some responses!
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]bhfoust, Gizmo., Mongo, [*M]VonHuLK

Time to create page: 0.673 seconds