Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Camping 10 years 7 months ago #128884

• |111th|Kevy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1028
Since Z added the limited immunity on take off I haven't heard many gripe about the camping. It's mostly people griping about people who gripe about camping.
Z split the ranks to help the newer players. He stopped the tank blocking and gave everyone a chance to at least make their props spin. Camping by wiki definition is:
"In video gaming, camping is a tactic where a player obtains a static strategic position of advantage, often providing a clear field of view over a choke point or position of tactical interest whilst retaining cover for the camper. This tactic allows one player to easily pick off any opponent that comes into sight without giving them any indicator of his/her presence in the area. It differs from holding a strategic position by its requisite static nature and intensive cover.
In most games, camping is a legitimate strategy. It often proves frustrating, particularly to newer players, as it rewards those who invest a considerable amount of time in the game (which allows them to know the layout of the maps and the best defensive positions); as well as those with accurate aim. Among many players, camping is considered tantamount to cheating, especially in deathmatch-type games.[1] The most common reason for this is that if every player camps, there will be no opportunities for players to come into conflict, and thus there will be no game at all."
The only way to camp by this definition is to attack base from the rear on a glide sniping slower planes as they take off. With the immunity to all the better players can defend against even this approach.
So while we were all making a big deal about it (both sides) Z slowly and efficiently made it a moot point.
As far as a major player staying at the base and suppressing take-offs. For that I think it needs a new definition and a topic all it's own.
Spawn killing should be a mute point now because of immunity on take off.
TEAM KILLING we all agree is a pain. Or is it a strategy? Can we debate this so we can start calling each other wimps and bullies again? I always love the way we end our topics with the slide into the monkey thing. :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
Things change. Z is constantly tweaking things so lets not get stuck in a rut. Things true 1 year,6 months, 3 weeks ago are not true now.
Okay I did the walk away and re-read thingy. Brain telling me not to hit submit...I see just about everyone is covered......should make the forum lawyers happy...
BTW I'm getting real close to learning to keep my mouth shut. This should do it!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dentinhead, SkyDavis, jacklpe

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Camping 10 years 7 months ago #128887

• ParrotHead
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Growing older, but not up!
  • Thank you received: 3728
Sky,

I think you may have gotten me wrong. The only time I object to camping is when the odds are so lopsided that the team being camped doesn't stand a chance. This either a product of 6:2 or 7:1 games or a team is loaded with Marshalls when the other team is noobs. It unfortunately is a common occurrence now. I get no pleasure out of pounding a rank 10 into the dirt. I think it's bad form.

If I have even marginally even teams, I'll camp until the bombing is done or I can safely get away. I'm not objecting to camping under these circumstances. I agree that control of the air space is the whole objective of the game. I just try to be fair.

By the way, I may call someone out in a game for doing these things, just to get under there skin. That's strategic too. If that's offensive, somebody let me know.
Fuck this place. Second rate hack playing in a yard that's too big for him.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [M]FOX#1

Camping 10 years 7 months ago #128910

• [M]FOX#1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "I sniff through the desert like a fox"Erwin Romel
  • Thank you received: 3804
Ok I'll admit it . I like a lot of pilots..... have sk.
I'm kinda a odd case......
I don't like sk any more than anyone .but I can't dogfight with anyone in the 25+ rank.
And so since they're gonna kill me 6 times in a row it's the only way I can even get bullets even close to them. That's no excuse for any sk' er but I think part of the problem is people just being to good! But as a rule I try neaver to sk little guys!
Maby it would help if someone gave some dogfight lessons.
And gave some hope out there!
The following user(s) said Thank You: jacklpe

Last edit: by [M]FOX#1.

Camping 10 years 7 months ago #128947

• Captain Noushbag
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • That's not flying, that's just falling with style
  • Thank you received: 1228
OMG, this song fits so perfectly..Had to do it...with lyrics like this...
♫ it doesn't matter, who's wrong or right ♫ no one wants to be defeated ♫ :woohoo: :woohoo:

been Noushed lately?

Last edit: by Captain Noushbag.

Camping 10 years 7 months ago #128975

• SkyDavis
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • 111th Falcon squad
  • Thank you received: 836

ParrotHead wrote: Sky,

I think you may have gotten me wrong. The only time I object to camping is when the odds are so lopsided that the team being camped doesn't stand a chance. This either a product of 6:2 or 7:1 games or a team is loaded with Marshalls when the other team is noobs. It unfortunately is a common occurrence now. I get no pleasure out of pounding a rank 10 into the dirt. I think it's bad form.

If I have even marginally even teams, I'll camp until the bombing is done or I can safely get away. I'm not objecting to camping under these circumstances. I agree that control of the air space is the whole objective of the game. I just try to be fair.

By the way, I may call someone out in a game for doing these things, just to get under there skin. That's strategic too. If that's offensive, somebody let me know.

Yea I read it slightly wrong. Also 10% of my post was replying to your comment. The other 90% was more things that came and slapped me in the face saying hey say this as well lol. I tend to have a problem where when I start writing things just keep coming at me into my mind and I think oh thats a good point I should mention it. Then eventually I press the post button look at my post and say DAM thats so long no one will read it. I do things like that to often. I did it in my english class and government class once and the teachers said they where sleep deprived because they had to read and grade my essay all night lol. They said it more as a joke. I don't think they literary meant they spent the whole night on it lol. Its just one of my problems/addictions.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jacklpe

Camping 10 years 7 months ago #129007

• jacklpe
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • If you got it, a trucker brought it!
  • Thank you received: 3027

Skydavis1 wrote:

ParrotHead wrote: Sky,

Yea I read it slightly wrong. Also 10% of my post was replying to your comment. The other 90% was more things that came and slapped me in the face saying hey say this as well lol. I tend to have a problem where when I start writing things just keep coming at me into my mind and I think oh thats a good point I should mention it. Then eventually I press the post button look at my post and say DAM thats so long no one will read it. I do things like that to often. I did it in my english class and government class once and the teachers said they where sleep deprived because they had to read and grade my essay all night lol. They said it more as a joke. I don't think they literary meant they spent the whole night on it lol. Its just one of my problems/addictions.

I suffer from the same affliction. I'm not that bad when I actually have to write it, but when I can type it i sometimes go crazy. I will give you a bit of advice on it though. My wife can say more with one sentence than I often can with an entire paragraph. Sometimes, less is more... But, I'm probably never going to master that.

Contact The Jolly Roger at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Camping 10 years 7 months ago #129014

• SkyDavis
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • 111th Falcon squad
  • Thank you received: 836
Yep very true.

Camping 10 years 7 months ago #129027

• jacklpe
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • If you got it, a trucker brought it!
  • Thank you received: 3027

Skydavis1 wrote: Yep very true.

Good start!!!

Contact The Jolly Roger at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Camping 10 years 7 months ago #129068

• Dentinhead
  • Dentinhead's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't ask me, I don't know
  • Thank you received: 2736

Captain Noushbag wrote: OMG, this song fits so perfectly..Had to do it...with lyrics like this...
♫ it doesn't matter, who's wrong or right ♫ no one wants to be defeated ♫ :woohoo: :woohoo:

Minus 20 Karma, I won't even hit play...... Yuck
The following user(s) said Thank You: SkyDavis, Captain Noushbag

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.412 seconds