Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC:

Did you forget something??? 11 years 2 months ago #74222

• ParrotHead
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Growing older, but not up!
  • Thank you received: 3728
Well I have come to realize many of the higher ranked players i respected in the beginning deserve none of it. If you dump your bomb at the beginning of every "bomb" run to "cover" your team. You are fooling yourself. Go find a FFA mission. The only reason you're "higher ranked" is your selfish means of play. You are too chicken to fight on even terms or just don't care about the mission or your team. If I I hit a nerve, GOOD! I will enjoy shooting you down on my way to bomb your base/carrier. Buncha cowards!!!
Fuck this place. Second rate hack playing in a yard that's too big for him.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GoroKhan, Paul Mantz, Jr., Captain Noushbag

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Did you forget something??? 11 years 2 months ago #74235

• Dr Dave.
  • Dr Dave.'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • EXTERMINATE
  • Thank you received: 2818
Well out of frustration I finally dropped in mid field when I was engaged in a turning fight after hearing the other players bomb hit the ground. After that I left it off, I decided if they were going to drop so was I. And yes my kills came up, almost double but it's still wrong... I wasn't helping the team but only myself. But even I get frustrated to the point of dropping. But it will it become the norm for me... I've enjoyed this game to much to let others change my attitude
I could care....But I dont

Did you forget something??? 11 years 2 months ago #74247

• BlüEMäX
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Chicken & Waffles!!
  • Thank you received: 3085
And trust me boys and girls unless you are extremely good at the dogfight you don't want to tangle with Dave or Parrot in a turning fight. Take your chances head on with your bomb. Just sayin.

Great capture the carrier game last night Doc. You are hard to kill. You and wiggles had me on the run. Hated to see you go. You 2 were wearing me out. One at a time was bad enough but both of you at the same time was a real test.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr Dave., ¥M4rtin¥

Did you forget something??? 11 years 2 months ago #74253

• Captain Noushbag
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • That's not flying, that's just falling with style
  • Thank you received: 1228
Completely agree with those who support ethical game playing, which I consider is "sticking to the mission" ..allow me to explain, in a btb or btc mission, the first word of the mission is "bomb". Sure I would be happy to drop my bomb in order to fight you all day long, directly over my base because you sir, have decided to drop yours and are being a d-bag, who is only interested in shooting down reds all game long, but unlike you, I rather be shot down hanging on to my bomb, then chasing you around pointlessly.

I've called out two of tese high ranking, (and unfortunately, MOMs,) during game play, and asked why? One of hem replied, "just having fun". I take it these guys are just bored of ordinary runs, and all they're interested in is DF. If this is the case, do me a favor and leave, go join a FFA as PH has mentioned. You are in the wrong mission chief and are not making this fun for any of us.

Or, if you don't think leaving is the solution, ask yourself this..you are so interested in fighting, then why arent you fighting with a bomb? Wouldnt this be more of a challenge, and therefore more fun? Answer: because you are a wuss...plain and simple, no further elaboration necessary.

been Noushed lately?
The following user(s) said Thank You: junkhole61, Paul Mantz, Jr.

Did you forget something??? 11 years 2 months ago #74260

• Manfred
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Just Manfred
  • Thank you received: 3866
My own personal guidelines:
- The key word in Bomb XXXX is "bomb." I drop my bomb only if (a) I spawn and see red all around, especially behind, or (b) I get to mid-field and my sparring partner is out-turning me without a bomb. Note that if my sparring partner is besting me WITH a bomb (it's usually obvious), I just need to get better, not just drop... heck if I drop, now I need to return to base!
- Once in a while I will drop a bomb so I can fly out quickly and return on a straight path to nail a tank that is close to base. Yes, the bomb drop is at the tank, but most skilled players can avoid a bomb drop.
- And then sometimes I swipe my screen to see behind me, and weee the bomb goes byebye. :sick:
Manfred

Oh yeah, if you're on my team in a bomb mission and you drop your bomb, I sure HOPE you will drive forward and make a hole for the rest of us. If all you do is hold position and kill red, you are NOT making a useful hole.
The following user(s) said Thank You: junkhole61

Did you forget something??? 11 years 2 months ago #74267

• ParrotHead
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Once again, I say if you have to strategically drop your bomb, say to catch up to a red that got past, climb quickly to take out a dive bomber, counter someone else that dropped or what ever the reason, it's COMPLETEY different than taking off and "dumping" your bomb EVERY time. I'm directing this at this that have not intention of carrying a bomb all th way to the enemy target. Play the mission or don't play is the way I feel.

Let m go a little further. I revived this thread because a specific player ticked me off by doing exactly what I just described. I was outnumbered... Again, and I felt like this guy was just playing for the kills.

So, I called him out on it. Asked if he was afraid to rigt with a bomb. He plied he wasn't and I challenged him to prove it. This was a bit of a ploy on my side, I admit, to rattle him. Well it backfired a bit. Bravo to you Kero. Respawned, kept your bomb, promptly shot me down multiple times carrying your bomb, cut a hole for your team, dropped your bomb on target and won the game. I applaud you and have no hard feelings, because you played the game for the mission and bested me. I can handle that.

He could do this all the time and so could some of the others I flown with over the past several days. I will continue to call y'all out every time I see it. If it makes you mad, oh well. You play how you want and I'll play the way I like, including taunting you with the truth

Thanks,
Bomb carrying Parrot!
The following user(s) said Thank You: junkhole61, Dr Dave., Richyroo

Did you forget something??? 11 years 2 months ago #74274

• Dr Dave.
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • EXTERMINATE
Well I guess I didn't word my last post correctly. Please understand, I was trying to apologize for my behavior last night by letting my frustrations get the best of me to the point I to dropped bomb to fight. I don't norm drop till over target. But that time it finally reached a head and I started giving what I was getting...
The following user(s) said Thank You: junkhole61, ParrotHead

Did you forget something??? 11 years 2 months ago #74287

• [LB] Pedrinho
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • I took the RED PILL!
  • Thank you received: 2425
Wow. This game is driving us nuts! Lol

I took the RED PILL!

Did you forget something??? 11 years 2 months ago #74393

• Whosethisguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Pratt & Whitney Piston Lover!
  • Thank you received: 1771
I think droppers are a PITA.

But for every action there is a reaction.

Lets say I'm playing, ohhhh, I dont know..... Éãs!!!! ( you drive me insane!)

And hes doing his usual no bomb routine, calling it team "cover,"followed by spawnkilling that SOME people call leggit.

Well I just start flanking around the side and four trips later, game over, i win.

Some would call this cowardly, too. I just call it a tactic.

See you in the flanks! (Except eas, see you spawnkilling at my field.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: junkhole61, Paul Mantz, Jr., cody82, Dr Dave., ParrotHead, WEEEBLEZ

Did you forget something??? 11 years 2 months ago #75250

• beanboy
  • Thank you received: 108

ParrotHead wrote: Well I have come to realize many of the higher ranked players i respected in the beginning deserve none of it. If you dump your bomb at the beginning of every "bomb" run to "cover" your team. You are fooling yourself. Go find a FFA mission. The only reason you're "higher ranked" is your selfish means of play. You are too chicken to fight on even terms or just don't care about the mission or your team. If I I hit a nerve, GOOD! I will enjoy shooting you down on my way to bomb your base/carrier. Buncha cowards!!!

Ditto that!

I may fly under the radar, but I aim high.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr Dave., ParrotHead, WEEEBLEZ

Did you forget something??? 11 years 2 months ago #75255

• ParrotHead
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

beanboy wrote:

ParrotHead wrote: Well I have come to realize many of the higher ranked players i respected in the beginning deserve none of it. If you dump your bomb at the beginning of every "bomb" run to "cover" your team. You are fooling yourself. Go find a FFA mission. The only reason you're "higher ranked" is your selfish means of play. You are too chicken to fight on even terms or just don't care about the mission or your team. If I I hit a nerve, GOOD! I will enjoy shooting you down on my way to bomb your base/carrier. Buncha cowards!!!

Ditto that!

In case you can't make out that name it's Bizmart. Mr. #115. Flew the whole time without his performance-hampering bomb. Let me clarify, he flew the whole time he was in the game, that is. After he had his backside handed to him by this bomb-carrying bird of the tropics, he quit. I can only imagine he quit because he was about watch his carrier go boom. If your power of deduction is lacking, the carrier goes boom after you drop, yep you guessed it, BOMBS on it.

Play how you like. Just don't expect me to not point out your cowardice.

Top Gun Bruce, as always, it was a pleasure. I'm just sorry you didn't have a useful teammate. Not only did he neglect mission oriented duties, his deaths outweighed his kills, significantly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Mantz, Jr., Dr Dave., Richyroo, Gizmo.

Did you forget something??? 11 years 1 month ago #77783

• Captain Noushbag
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
No Name (### dude) again...Every freaking game, no bombs. I tried talking some sense into him. Asked him "what would happen if we all dropped our bombs?" Of course he couldn't answer straight. To all the "serial" bomb droppers...think about this, because this question exposes you as a sissy. Only reason you are able to drop your bomb is at the expense of decent, and dare I say, brave players. If we all drop, the game becomes an FFA...if that's what you want, just leave the other missions and join ffa's...oh wait, whats that you say? But you won't have the upper hand? Interesting...

been Noushed lately?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jimboslice27, Dr Dave., ParrotHead, Richyroo, Gizmo.

Did you forget something??? 11 years 1 month ago #77840

• BlüEMäX
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Chicken & Waffles!!
  • Thank you received: 3085
Played one last night with 4 high ranked players against me. I had a major general on my team and a bunch of noobs. It was a BTC. My major general spent the whole game flying wide, getting shot, and tanking miles away from the boat. Then the reds killed the tank and this repeated through the whole game. I don't think he shot down a red player one time. I would have to swing wide and get the red that killed him then back to the middle to hold the line. Two of my noobs were on target flying to the objective with me. One was shooting at me the whole way the other was doing well. Two on the far back side of our boat flyin aimlessly around and crashing. One of my far swinging passes i droped. Reds to close to my boat and a lot of ground to cover. I held fast and flew to enemy boat. My team had tanked and I was trying to cover and had no bomb. One of the other players said "Oh I see. No bomb. " I said "Nope. No Help. " Was funny to be called out for it. Helped me later on. The red team thinking i was no threat let me pass with my bomb. I bombed the carrier let em shoot me and tanked the boat to oblivion. Twice. Game won 100% left on my boat.

Some instances I support the bomb drop. Some i do not. The instant drop at the runway every spawn followed by the run to the enemy base and attempted spawn killing spree i do not. I support the bomb drop to counter the move and I support returning the favor.

Space between your boat when out numbered or for a hard fought defence I do. Then back to carting the bomb around to win.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SkyDavis

Did you forget something??? 11 years 1 month ago #77863

• Captain Noushbag
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Max, I love those games where you come out on top against all odds. I agree with you completely: dropping is a necessary evil and we all do it based on the situation. It's the "serial" droppers with a selfish MO, who blanket under the "it's for my team" BS cover...it's like really chief? In every game? You're not fooling anyone "No Name" and the other cowards. Funny how fast I drop you when I drop my bomb.

been Noushed lately?
The following user(s) said Thank You: BlüEMäX

Did you forget something??? 11 years 1 month ago #77943

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fly [e]nigma, or I won't let you fly.
  • Thank you received: 963

Pedrinho wrote: (oh, always my bad English...)

At the first try to reading your first post, Dr Dave, I thought that you were criticizing people that decide to go stealth to enemy's hangars, like if they were "running" from the midle fields apparentely to avoid the fight...
I am saying this because I already have been criticized by some players for doing it... But it needs to be stated clearly that I only do it when I see that I can't help with my low skills on head-ons.
By the way, these issues could be fixed by some kind of "ingame-team-only-chat".

Edit: Now that I understood what you meant, I agree with you: in more than one session, I won the game against more skilled players, with less kills (in one of these games, I clearly remember that reds had more than 60 kills, and all of us blues got only 9 kills, and we managed to win the game - that was epic).

He wasn't, but I will. You've gotta practice to get better. :)
See you in the skies!

Did you forget something??? 11 years 1 month ago #77945

• SheiBe Kopf
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 744

Blue Max Young wrote: Played one last night with 4 high ranked players against me. I had a major general on my team and a bunch of noobs. It was a BTC. My major general spent the whole game flying wide, getting shot, and tanking miles away from the boat. Then the reds killed the tank and this repeated through the whole game. I don't think he shot down a red player one time. I would have to swing wide and get the red that killed him then back to the middle to hold the line. Two of my noobs were on target flying to the objective with me. One was shooting at me the whole way the other was doing well. Two on the far back side of our boat flyin aimlessly around and crashing. One of my far swinging passes i droped. Reds to close to my boat and a lot of ground to cover. I held fast and flew to enemy boat. My team had tanked and I was trying to cover and had no bomb. One of the other players said "Oh I see. No bomb. " I said "Nope. No Help. " Was funny to be called out for it. Helped me later on. The red team thinking i was no threat let me pass with my bomb. I bombed the carrier let em shoot me and tanked the boat to oblivion. Twice. Game won 100% left on my boat.

Some instances I support the bomb drop. Some i do not. The instant drop at the runway every spawn followed by the run to the enemy base and attempted spawn killing spree i do not. I support the bomb drop to counter the move and I support returning the favor.

Space between your boat when out numbered or for a hard fought defence I do. Then back to carting the bomb around to win.

Max, you just described games that I seem to find myself in constantly...NAFAC... Noobs Aimlessly Flying And Crashing..
The following user(s) said Thank You: ParrotHead, beanboy

Did you forget something??? 11 years 1 month ago #78011

• beanboy
  • Thank you received: 108
NAFAC. love it. Reminds me of the "AFLAC" commercials. I'm gonna start yellin' that now.
Am I the only one who did the practice missions before letting y'all shoot me to heck? Maybe they should be mandatory to run with the big dogs.

I may fly under the radar, but I aim high.

Did you forget something??? 11 years 1 month ago #78035

• Dr Dave.
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • EXTERMINATE
Done all the practice missions, I find it funny in the practice mission where bomb the enemy hangers if you don't take off they will come to your base nd spawn kill you

Did you forget something??? 11 years 4 weeks ago #86452

• |111th|Kevy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1028
Did I miss a memo? Am I going to get some kind of disease if I carry my bomb?

Did you forget something??? 11 years 4 weeks ago #86474

• Dr Dave.
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • EXTERMINATE

Kevy wrote: Did I miss a memo? Am I going to get some kind of disease if I carry my bomb?

No. Only if you don't carry your bomb. It's a rare condition growing in popularity among the young and feeble minded. Can cause others to hate you and make efforts to take ones karma. It is highly contagious and can spread throughout the game to others without warning. There is only one known treatment and cure that is to always carry a bomb when game calls for one. Please note condoms can not prevent this condition and are of no help.......welllll!..... :whistle: Anyway, A bomb is the best way to protect ones self from this debilitating condition. I hope this helps.... ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: bellsaj, Captain Noushbag

Did you forget something??? 11 years 4 weeks ago #86494

• ParrotHead
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Dr Dave wrote:

Kevy wrote: Did I miss a memo? Am I going to get some kind of disease if I carry my bomb?

No. Only if you don't carry your bomb. It's a rare condition growing in popularity among the young and feeble minded. Can cause others to hate you and make efforts to take ones karma. It is highly contagious and can spread throughout the game to others without warning. There is only one known treatment and cure that is to always carry a bomb when game calls for one. Please note condoms can not prevent this condition and are of no help.......welllll!..... :whistle: Anyway, A bomb is the best way to protect ones self from this debilitating condition. I hope this helps.... ;)

Sorry Doc, but I think you're wrong. A condom could have helped... Say 16ish years ago, but now it's too late.

Did you forget something??? 11 years 4 weeks ago #86512

• |111th|Kevy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Thanks! I was just wondering because I flew for quite a while today before I found some one else carrying one and thought something was amiss? The guy that had one kept yelling "MAGIC TIME" :whistle: I was confused!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Mantz, Jr.

Did you forget something??? 11 years 4 weeks ago #86544

• Paul Mantz, Jr.
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 6460
KEVY,
DON'T WORRY!

AND IT FEELS MAGNIFICENT!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WEEEBLEZ

Did you forget something??? 11 years 4 weeks ago #86549

• GoroKhan
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 29
Kevy its because some will do anything to grab an edge to get an advantage.carrying your bomb through the mission is the right thing and actually gives your plane stability. It's sad to see folks get frustrated at others about this. A real man keeps his payload bombing your Target carries much satisfaction for me."did you forget something?" Yea they forgot their balls whoops!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Mantz, Jr., WEEEBLEZ

Did you forget something??? 11 years 3 weeks ago #87625

• onsekone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 635
Main reason why dumb are dumping their bombs is we have ranking system and people want their place in top 100. How about changing ranking points. If one hangar would give same amount of lift on ranking as 5 kills do. You could make points worth of 15 (or even 20) kills by delivering your payload. What would happen?
The following user(s) said Thank You: |111th|Kevy, ParrotHead

Did you forget something??? 11 years 3 weeks ago #87729

• Dr Dave.
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • EXTERMINATE

onsekone wrote: Main reason why dumb are dumping their bombs is we have ranking system and people want their place in top 100. How about changing ranking points. If one hangar would give same amount of lift on ranking as 5 kills do. You could make points worth of 15 (or even 20) kills by delivering your payload. What would happen?

Lets one up that....no matter how many planes you shoot down if your of a certain rank or higher, you earn no points enless you've bombed a hanger or carrier... :(
The following user(s) said Thank You: |111th|Kevy

Did you forget something??? 11 years 3 weeks ago #87736

• |111th|Kevy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Well flying today gave me one reason. If I had a bomb on I was a sitting duck for any aspirant wanting to rank up.If I dropped I could compete. Not wanting to drop and tired of getting chewed up by the masses I decided to land and lick my wounds. If I fly anymore like this I'm dropping.

Did you forget something??? 11 years 3 weeks ago #87779

• SkyDavis
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • 111th Falcon squad
  • Thank you received: 836
I honestly think every one can fly how ever the hell they want. There still gun fodder because half of them got no clue how to even use there plane right when they have no bomb lol. I always laugh at the idiot who drops bomb and then try's to pull off a head on with the guy in a more stable plane with his bomb. That there is the reason why they end up failing and not helping there team. They are just to stupid to switch from flying with bomb tactics to with out bomb. If they had it figured out they would be of some use.

Did you forget something??? 11 years 3 weeks ago #87808

• Mr. Serious
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • gen~~~~~~~~jack
  • Thank you received: 1352
I cant shoot straight with a bomb and I cant chase without one....The game seems to slow right down at about 5 minutes into each game. Not sure why.....I dont know what to do anymore. Should I drop or keep my bomb.....Either way I seem to be useless in a game :unsure:

Gen~~~~~~~~jack

Did you forget something??? 11 years 3 weeks ago #87845

• Dr Dave.
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • EXTERMINATE

General jackson wrote: I cant shoot straight with a bomb and I cant chase without one....The game seems to slow right down at about 5 minutes into each game. Not sure why.....I dont know what to do anymore. Should I drop or keep my bomb.....Either way I seem to be useless in a game :unsure:

Is that why you resorted to nukes when dealing with the MoMs camp?

Time to create page: 0.587 seconds