Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Dogfight For Beginners 11 years 2 months ago #62020

• Dark Knight
  • Dark Knight's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • You may not know it, but my pilot's a Dog, War Dog
  • Thank you received: 210
This is a guide to all people that are new. I will go through the main features of the forum and how to become well known. After all, we all want to make friends here and have a good time blowing up other planes.

Ready to Die? Good
The following user(s) said Thank You: phantom fighter, --J--, Dr Dave., [*M]VonHuLK, Skybeast, [m]blindside
The topic has been locked.

Dogfight For Beginners 11 years 2 months ago #62021

• Dark Knight
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
To start off I will talk about Karma and what it means.

Karma is a way of telling how good a person is. For example a person with a - Karma may be aggressive or post bad things however a person with a high Karma might post helpful things. Sometimes Karma can be misleading, this is usually a case of a rogue player that doesn't like someone and is trying to put a bad image on someone. Karma is reviewed often by the Administrators and Moderators. So if you have a low Karma, some of your posts may be review for use of bad language etc. If you see a post that is helpful or is useful in someway then you should up that persons karma using the + sign. If a person posts as something that is bad or is totally irrelevant you should down there Karma using the - sign.

Ready to Die? Good
The following user(s) said Thank You: phantom fighter, --J--, Dr Dave., mbike102@gmail.com, MutedBader*
Last edit: by Dark Knight.

Dogfight For Beginners 11 years 2 months ago #62022

• Dark Knight
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Next I will talk about thank you

On each post there is a button that says " thank you". If a post is useful then you could give it a thank you. Thank you adds to the person's profile, on each persons profile it will say "Thank you received" followed by the number received. You could even thank you this post. If people have lots of thank you then it probably means that they post lots of things that are useful.

Ready to Die? Good
The following user(s) said Thank You: phantom fighter, --J--, Dr Dave., KpTNdIGbY, Gizmo., RedBaroness, Spectre-Blackstar, mxmike, Dr CurtisShoe, NightMare Howlz and 5 other people also said thanks.

Dogfight For Beginners 11 years 2 months ago #62023

• Dark Knight
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
In this post I will talk about the different 'Forum ranks' or commonly called "boarders"

Boarders are a way of telling how long a person has been using the forum by the number of posts a person has written. The different boarders are "Fresh Boarder", "Junior Boarder", "Senior Boarder", "Expert Boarder", "Gold Boarder" and "Platinum Boarder". Sometimes a person may have a different colour on their dots this is because they are either an Admin, Moderator or Global Moderator.

Ready to Die? Good
The following user(s) said Thank You: phantom fighter, --J--, Dr Dave., RedBaroness, Gomez52, MutedBader*, [m]blindside
Last edit: by [NLR]Jacob10000.

Dogfight For Beginners 11 years 2 months ago #62024

• Dark Knight
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Next I am going to talk about private messages (PM's)

PM's for short, are used for contacting a specific person. They are usually used for asking questions that either only that person can answer or are irrelevant to the forum. For example if you want to join a squad, then you might send a private message to the owner of the squad or one of the admins. To send a private message to someone, click on their name and push "Send a message"

Ready to Die? Good
The following user(s) said Thank You: phantom fighter, --J--, Dr Dave., MutedBader*, [m]blindside

Dogfight For Beginners 11 years 2 months ago #62025

• Dark Knight
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
There are a few other things that have already been written

Please click here to see how to use BBcode

Please click here to see the rules of posting

That sums up this guide. So Have Fun!

Ready to Die? Good
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jeramy, phantom fighter, --J--, Dr Dave., ParrotHead, mxmike, bigeee, Gomez52, MutedBader*, [m]blindside and 1 other people also said thanks.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.506 seconds