Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

fire mechanism malfunction 11 years 10 months ago #21038

• |111th|KptnSINGH
  • |111th|KptnSINGH's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Top dolllar paid for ur rusty wings
  • Thank you received: 705
I was flying either a SPAD (best plane IMO) or a red baron

in four different instances across two different games my FIRE button failed to operate when I had reds lined up. I had plenty of ammo.

Just curious if anyone else ran into this problem

yes, I did check n see if my screen was clean

this is how i fly !!! :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: fire mechanism malfunction 11 years 10 months ago #21046

• Captain Ryan
  • Thank you received: 13
Yes, I have had the same issue. Lost a few kills because of it. A few times I simply missed the button with my thumb. But a few times I know I definitely pressed in the correct location. Wasn't sure if it was my Kindle Fire or the app. But after I pressed again, the guns fired.
Blue Skies.

Re: fire mechanism malfunction 11 years 10 months ago #21052

• Bigbossman
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 35
I have experienced this same thing using my android phone. I just chalked it up to battle fatigue.
;) B) :cheer:

The 9 scariest words in the english language:
We're from the government.We are here to help.

Re: fire mechanism malfunction 11 years 10 months ago #21054

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fly [e]nigma, or I won't let you fly.
  • Thank you received: 963
Hmmm.... Well if your on kindle, its newly released for you. It may be a bug. If ur on droid, your kinda the test platform since theres no update delay, wheras appel gets stuff late. I hateit. :angry: if your on appel, its just a glitch. :(
See you in the skies!

Re: fire mechanism malfunction 11 years 10 months ago #21289

• [b]pluribus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 203
Happens all the time. And sometimes the gun just stops shooting while your thumb is on it, and there's still plenty of ammo.

Re: fire mechanism malfunction 11 years 10 months ago #21347

• iQQi
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 62
I've had my bomb button not respond just as I pass over target - usually a precarious path too with one or more on my tail - happens sometimes two or three times in a row. Quite frustrating and challenging...

I feel like a duck on a carnival shooting range as I still have my bomb and climbing out slowly to retry.

Fun...
Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it.
Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. --- Goethe

Re: fire mechanism malfunction 11 years 10 months ago #21350

• iQQi
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

Kptn Singh wrote: I was flying either a SPAD (best plane IMO). . .

Side question re firing: the Spad has two machine guns - has anyone actually quantified that it actually has a higher firing rate, and or, slight spread in target aiming point or some kind of advantage? Just curious, sometimes I seem to do better (hit rate) than with other planes.

Re: fire mechanism malfunction 11 years 10 months ago #21362

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I think it used to be different, but last time i flew it i didnt notice a difference. Idk, it might tho. :)
See you in the skies!

Re: fire mechanism malfunction 11 years 10 months ago #21367

• |111th|KptnSINGH
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I dont know about the two guns, but the spad is my favorite plane to fly cuz of its maneuverability. Ive got the 25k nieport just sitting collecting dust because im not feeling it. I never bothered with any of the 15k planes because of their bright paint job.

Singh

Re: fire mechanism malfunction 11 years 10 months ago #21368

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Really? Never ot the fokker? Dude, its awesome! So hard to hit! ;)
See you in the skies!

Re: fire mechanism malfunction 11 years 10 months ago #21463

• |111th|KptnSINGH
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
no,

I remember being able to take a fokker III with ease because I could easily spot it over the dark water :silly:

btw the firing problem seems to be getting worse, with the added bonus of another problem. The screen moving to camera by itself. has anyone else run into this

Re: fire mechanism malfunction 11 years 10 months ago #21620

• Farcanal
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 143
I get the camera mode sometimes captain but I notice everyone leaves the game so I think it affects the whole game at once but I can fix it by crashing and respawning.
Flying as farkinell and numerous other unmentionables.

Re: fire mechanism malfunction 11 years 10 months ago #21756

• Captain Ryan
I had several more incidents today in which the gun didn't fire. Missed some kills. It was maddening and great all at once.

Perhaps it is a deliberate glitch built into the software to more accurately and realistically simulate the hardware. There were lots of mechanical problems with these planes. A lot of gun jams, for example. Be thankful that our guns aren't mounted up on top of the upper wing. Because if it jammed, you'd have to climb out of the cockpit to fix it. Good luck doing that in a single seater in-flight.
Blue Skies.

Re: fire mechanism malfunction 11 years 10 months ago #21757

• |111th|Kevy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1028
One possibility is where are your other fingers? I've noticed that if I touch screen somewhere else at same time it doesn't fire. It could be due to the two and three finger commands of most touch screens.

Last edit: by |111th|Kevy.

Re: fire mechanism malfunction 11 years 10 months ago #21760

• Captain Ryan
Huh. Yeah, that may be a possibility, Kevy. Next time the gun jams, I'll do a quick inventory and see where my fingers are.

I've noticed that sometimes the gun doesn't fire because I'm an idiot; I get over-excited anticipating a kill and my thumb comes down perfectly in place at just the right moment . . . but it's NOT on the Fire button, it's on the Altimeter.

So I've learned NOT to do that.

Today, I had Enzo lined up dead to rights. He was overflying me on his way to mutilate our base, and with the added weight of the bomb I was still carrying, the added stability enabled a quick and steady sight picture. He was in deep doo-doo. But when I pressed the Fire button (and NOT the Altimeter!), nothing. The gun didn't fire. Within about 2 seconds Enzo was lonnngggg gone. I pressed the fire button again. Then again and again. I pressed it four times before it started firing again. Perhaps it was lag. Perhaps it was the kind of stuff actual aviators had to deal with back in the day. Definitely made for an exciting game. Adds an additional element. So I'm not complaining; merely comparing notes. Visit any FBO/flight school and you'll see a pack of old timers sitting near the coffee maker swapping stories about dogfights, bombing runs, near-midair collisions, and a million other fascinating tales.
Blue Skies.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [e]FlyMagic

Re: fire mechanism malfunction 11 years 10 months ago #21883

• |111th|KptnSINGH
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
This problem seems to be getting worse.

It must have happened to me at least 15-20 times yesterday

Now its coupled with the problem of the view automatically going into camera mode

I will have a fire jam, when I wait 2-3 seconds, it starts working but the view jumps to camera mode

Truly annoying

Not to take anything away from the problems the WW1 pilots faced, but I think even they would agree that this would be overkill on making this realistic.

Re: fire mechanism malfunction 11 years 10 months ago #21887

• iQQi
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

Kptn Singh wrote: This problem seems to be getting worse.

It must have happened to me at least 15-20 times yesterday...

If you are running an Android system get rid of any apps that may be 'waking up' and going on to internet for checking data, emails etc. In fact, if Android, get rid of any apps on your screens that you have installed and don't really need - many programs only 'think for them selves' and not the other running apps. When Android does it's garbage collection (cleaning up internal memory) the input screen seems to be the first to suffer. I have even had my practice sessions get jerky!

I have had the non-functioning machine gun and bomb 'button' not work at times. Cleaning up some of my apps seemed to alleviate the issue. Also, do a fresh install - you still keep your rank and points but will lose your achieved levels in the practice games.

GL! It is frustrating...

Re: fire mechanism malfunction 11 years 10 months ago #21889

• |111th|KptnSINGH
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

iQQi wrote:

Kptn Singh wrote: This problem seems to be getting worse.

It must have happened to me at least 15-20 times yesterday...

If you are running an Android system get rid of any apps that may be 'waking up' and going on to internet for checking data, emails etc. In fact, if Android, get rid of any apps on your screens that you have installed and don't really need - many programs only 'think for them selves' and not the other running apps. When Android does it's garbage collection (cleaning up internal memory) the input screen seems to be the first to suffer. I have even had my practice sessions get jerky!

I have had the non-functioning machine gun and bomb 'button' not work at times. Cleaning up some of my apps seemed to alleviate the issue. Also, do a fresh install - you still keep your rank and points but will lose your achieved levels in the practice games.

GL! It is frustrating...

thnx

should be upgrading to a samsung soon, maybe that will take care of the problem

Re: fire mechanism malfunction 11 years 10 months ago #21900

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
download a task killer, or turn on airplane mode and wifi on, or go enable cellular data. :)
See you in the skies!

Re: fire mechanism malfunction 11 years 10 months ago #21987

• Oedius Momicus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • MOLON LABE!
  • Thank you received: 346

Bigbossman wrote: I have experienced this same thing using my android phone. I just chalked it up to battle fatigue.
;) B) :cheer:

Yes, I have had same thing happen to me on numerous occasions. Just thought maybe I missed the fire button during frenzy of battle. I use Droudx2.

Re: fire mechanism malfunction 11 years 10 months ago #21988

• Oedius Momicus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • MOLON LABE!
  • Thank you received: 346

CalvinIsAwesome wrote: download a task killer, or turn on airplane mode and wifi on, or go enable cellular data. :)

Thanks Calvin. I will certainly try your suggestions.

Re: fire mechanism malfunction 11 years 10 months ago #21990

• Dentinhead
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't ask me, I don't know
  • Thank you received: 2736

Kevy wrote: One possibility is where are your other fingers? I've noticed that if I touch screen somewhere else at same time it doesn't fire. It could be due to the two and three finger commands of most touch screens.

In the cheetoo's bag
The following user(s) said Thank You: |111th|Kevy

Re: fire mechanism malfunction 11 years 10 months ago #22007

• [e]Sputnik
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Mt. Everest is my home.
  • Thank you received: 863

dentinhead wrote: In the air screaming WHY DOES SPUTNIK KEEP SHOOTING ME DOWN!!!!!!!!

Say you'll never let me go...
A wise sput once said "you laugh at my skills I laugh at your bank account"

Re: fire mechanism malfunction 11 years 10 months ago #22036

• SkyDavis
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • 111th Falcon squad
  • Thank you received: 836

iQQi wrote:

Kptn Singh wrote: I was flying either a SPAD (best plane IMO). . .

Side question re firing: the Spad has two machine guns - has anyone actually quantified that it actually has a higher firing rate, and or, slight spread in target aiming point or some kind of advantage? Just curious, sometimes I seem to do better (hit rate) than with other planes.

i can When i fly the spad or red fokker triplane i have a faster firing rate and i can kill quicker. There is no extra speed in target aiming. It is the same thing for the camel and the beginners triplane. They have a quick firing rate. they fire 2 shots in the time it takes the planes most people use to fire 1 shot. Every plane has its own advantage really. There stats with the stars may show differently but the size shape color firing rate all have there part in how well the plane performs.
The se5a may be the tastes allied plane and can get around turn faster than any other plane besides the german albatross wich goes just as fast and turns just as quick. The se5a is the largest plane in dogfight. It is a easy target in a head on or easier to hit than another plane from any distance. But the se5a is also green and blends in with the ground and the dark part of the water and back ground mountains so people may see your name and rank when your flying low but they will have trouble spotting your plane below and will make it hard for them to aim at you.
The albatross D.V has green and red and purple in it. It blends with the ground and the water. It is a smaller target than the se5a and is good in head ons for that and its safer for you to be seen by your enemy in. There are a bunch of planes so i am going to skip the n 17 and the albatross D III
The red fokker triplane. It is red and can be seen easy every were. But even thoue it has 3 wings it is smaller than the se5a and albatross D.V. The red triplane has 2 guns and fires rapidly it also is a fast plane. It will get around a turn just as fast as the more agile planes it just makes a wider circle and that is what makes it a great fighter. With the wider circle when your in a turning fight your enemy with a tighter turn will alwase be to the inside of you and will probably over shoot you and end up in your sites. exspeshaly them faster planes like the se5a and the Albotross D.V.
The spad has rapid fire is fast turns sharp and blends in with the ground water and the Mts and is not the largest target. It will get around a corner quickly and tureens sharper and quicker than most planes. The star stats on it lie except for the ammo one. It is the best plane in the game with the red triplane coming in 2rd.
The camel It is slow and a bag bomber but i would not under estimate it. Its slow speed is a killer in a turn fight and its rapid guns and small size is a killer in a head on. Its only faults is its to slow for bombing and dose not hold much ammo. And that its the beginner plane so and people start out flying it and get there ass blown up in them because there new and don't know how to even play the game hardly. So they deam the camel in the first triplane as bad planes. The camel and the first triplane have the exact same traits. They are both small they both have rapid fire they both are slow and they both have a very precise aim every built goes were it is amid at none of them odd out of line bulits that happen every now and then in the other planes. The slow turning makes the plane hard to kill in a turning fight if the plane is being used to its full potential. it will turn quick and hard and the enemy in a faster plane will over shoot it alwase and will end up in the camel or try planes sights. then the rapid fire comes in play it shoots two shots in the time it takes the other planes to shot 1 so if you got it lined up for one built to hit the 2nd built will hit as well and you will have a kill. The beginner planes are the best fighter planes in the game but i put them in 3rd over all because they fail st bombing.
The n11 and the fokker e III are the worst planes in the game they don't blend with the ground or the water or the Mts or the sky anymore. They yoused to blind with the sky then z added a brighter sky. They are slow but they have no rapid fire so there slow turning can't be used as a advantage very well. They are small be are easy to spot so aiming at them is no problem. the e III is the thinest plane but people have learned how to dele with them and they are now actuly easier to hit than the bigger fighters. Resons they are slow and take time to move out of the way or take time for them to line up on you so you have plenty of time to line up on them. They tun slower than the camel and triplane they are easy prey. They are slow and can't carry bombs well. They are useless planes now.

The ranking goes this way. The spad and red triplane get 1st together since there is not much a difference in them. The camel and triplane get 2nd. The se5a and albatross D.V get 3rd. The n17 and albatross D III get 4th and the n11 and fokker e III get last.

Now to the guns being odd it has happened since the beginning of the game and we should just take it as the gun jamed and we can reline up on our opnit and fire again were it will fire and kill your enemy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: iQQi

Re: fire mechanism malfunction 11 years 10 months ago #22041

• |111th|KptnSINGH
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

[e]Sputnik wrote:

dentinhead wrote: In the air screaming WHY DOES SPUTNIK KEEP SHOOTING ME DOWN!!!!!!!!

Stats for Sputnik
Top # Name Game Rank # of kills # hangars bombed # of deads # crashed Won Games
#53182 Sputnik Aspirant (1) 0 0 1 0 0

says the guy with 0 kills

lol :P

Re: fire mechanism malfunction 11 years 10 months ago #22079

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Lol :P

Really, you think the red fokker and the spad are the best? I'd go with the albatross dv and the nuiport or maybe the se5a. The nuiport and albatross are good for me because theyre small and have great ammo supplies, which are very important for my head on style, and theyre manueverable and fast for a turning fight if necessary, and for evasive. The starter planes are annoying becuase its hard to get on their six cuz theyre so slow, but i dont really think they have an advantage in anything other than that. I like the fokker e3 cuz I cant be killed head on, but i run outa ammo after way too few kills, considering ive got like half the ammo. :( its too slow and doesnt turn well for me, so its no good for bombing either unless i pin everyone down. If i dedicate myself to head on tho, its really useful. The se5a is good for turning, but its so big.... Id die too much if i used it.

I dont think any one plane is best. It really depends on what style you use. :)
See you in the skies!

Re: fire mechanism malfunction 11 years 10 months ago #22111

• [b]pluribus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 203

CalvinIsAwesome wrote: Lol :P

I dont think any one plane is best. It really depends on what style you use. :)

With my style, that's absolutely true. For me, any plane is worst.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.547 seconds