Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

JUST A FEW OBSERVATIONS 11 years 11 months ago #17070

• Flymagic
  • Flymagic's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • I CAN SEE YOU FROM MY BIRD'S EYE VIEW !!!
  • Thank you received: 20
Since most players never read the forum here might be a thread to use to share what we observe tactically, (not squadron stuff) during the game. Watching/listening to a few pros set up an attack/defense strategy , watching it develop, and watching it reach it' s finale is an aspect of the game I think many miss. Setting one up and following thru on it is very satisfying.

Please do not use this thread to complain. Please do not use names. This should be used only for observations. Please keep it positive. This game is not just a flying/shoot 'em up one if you think about it. It's an emotional roller coaster. Use this thread to share yours.

For instance: Satisfaction. 3 am Eastern time. Capture Carrier. 4 pilots..2-2. 2 very green-1 soloed and me.
Fresh start. All equal.
Msg: I'M NEW PLEASE DON' T SHOOT ME.
ME TOO. HOW DO YOU CAPTURE CARRIER?
My partner explained as we all headed for the middle. I suggested "FOLLOW THE LEADER" and explained setup.
We all met near the middle and I adjusted my speed to their max and we started to bridge.
On the way another msg: PEACEFUL. NOW I CAN THINK.
Dives...rolls...loops...touch and goes...flyin' round the mountain. Amazingly, no one fired or crashed. The time went quickly. They crashed during a double carrier landing. My partner and I retreated a ways and when they could form cap we went in....then some others showed up. Time to get serious. Entire time was close to an hour.
The comments that went back and forth proved that people from all over the world can get along with a common goal.
We all had a good time learning. VERY SATISFYING!

WE FLY WITH HONOR, INTEGRITY, AND PRIDE !

An avatar is how people are SEEN on the web. Mine will be an expression of what I SEE. I hope you enjoy!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Flymagic. Reason: repair typos

Re: JUST A FEW OBSERVATIONS 11 years 11 months ago #17080

• Slenderman
  • The [e]nigma Corps
  • Thank you received: 849
Great post!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Flymagic

Re: JUST A FEW OBSERVATIONS 11 years 11 months ago #17083

• iQQi
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 62
Agreed!
Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it.
Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. --- Goethe

Re: JUST A FEW OBSERVATIONS 11 years 11 months ago #17093

• |111th| Von Pay
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 165
Yeah, it reminds me of when Qaz, h r h k, Lucas and I were tanks, and we were climbing the mountain near north base together even though we were not in the same team. It was a Destroy-enemy-base game, so we got plenty of time, to rest at the summit and feel the really good view. :)
That was when I learned new tank tactics.

The official 111th Falcon Squadron Website; falcon.spruz.com

With honor and dignity!

Last edit: by |111th| Von Pay.

Re: JUST A FEW OBSERVATIONS 11 years 11 months ago #17095

• Seattle2
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 62
Nice thread flymagic.

I was in a game of bomb the carrier today and I often observe how a concerted wave of bombers can overwhelm even the best defenses. Circling back to fly with others, especially higher ranks, really increases the chances of getting through. And even one bomber that takes the high altitude route can pin down a lot of defenders around a base or carrier.

I was also playing against a bunch of lower ranked players and getting lots of kills, especially when they flew in a line. If I didn't get multiple kills, I'd usually get the next in the line from my parachute. But when they fanned out wide and shot at me from multiple angles, the odds were much greater of getting through. Then I generally had to drop my bomb to make fast enough turns too.

And every time I take off and circle over the carrier, I get that little rush of imagining I can really fly...

Re: JUST A FEW OBSERVATIONS 11 years 11 months ago #17098

• Flymagic
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Thanks guys! So far so good. And if questions or criticism about someones maneuvers, or tactics, there are plenty of other threads and private messages to use. This could possibly become the most read and most thought provoking threads in the forum. Thanks to those who have maintained the line so far and to those who add to it.

An avatar is how people are SEEN on the web. Mine will be an expression of what I SEE. I hope you enjoy!

Re: JUST A FEW OBSERVATIONS 11 years 11 months ago #17099

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fly [e]nigma, or I won't let you fly.
  • Thank you received: 963
Great fly! :) this is a good post. :) Wait, did you shoot at the newbies? As usual, I'll maintain that you should say that shooting helps them learn, and then blow em up ;) I swear, it really does. :P :)
See you in the skies!

Re: JUST A FEW OBSERVATIONS 11 years 11 months ago #17118

• SkyDavis
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • 111th Falcon squad
  • Thank you received: 836

CalvinIsAwesome wrote: Great fly! :) this is a good post. :) Wait, did you shoot at the newbies? As usual, I'll maintain that you should say that shooting helps them learn, and then blow em up ;) I swear, it really does. :P :)

Lol

Re: JUST A FEW OBSERVATIONS 11 years 11 months ago #17119

• SkyDavis
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • 111th Falcon squad
A tactic that is used commonly but questioned and frowned on is when a team sends its best dog fighter out with out a bomb to clear a path. I yousily youse it when things are not geting done. Usaly it's in a BTC game. The most successful tactic I have ever used was the one were a pilot took a bomb and went to the fare right one to the left of the map, then one up high and I went down the middle like usual and downed there aircraft. It worked realy well because all the enemy planes were trying to get me and the bombers were all coming in at diffrent angels to bomb. This made it were if they got one guy 3 other guys would get in. That game did not last very long. It was in a BTH game.

Re: JUST A FEW OBSERVATIONS 11 years 11 months ago #17121

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
That works, but I'll stick with head on straight to the base. Same altitude head on works best for me. :)
See you in the skies!

Re: JUST A FEW OBSERVATIONS 11 years 11 months ago #17123

• [NLR]*XxXxX*
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 594

Does anyone else notice that a lot of the new guys won't even shoot at you. They try to fly right by you. And if they would just try they could get lucky and hit you

Re: JUST A FEW OBSERVATIONS 11 years 11 months ago #17130

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Yeah, a lot of noobs wont fight the aces. We scare em! :P if u see that, tell them to shoot at you. They wont get any better unlless they try. :) having a mentor kill u helps a lot. :)

Reid, did you have a mentor?
See you in the skies!

Re: JUST A FEW OBSERVATIONS 11 years 11 months ago #17132

• Flymagic
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Errrr....hmmm. Getting back to the focus of this thread....
Skimming thru the western valley tonight...I was following on a btc mission. Could hear the battle in the middle. Lead pulled up and over last ridge. 500ft. behind I followed. 2 on cap. Lead pulled up and right. Suckered both to follow. Got in to bomb. He was heading back with 2 on trail. Both firing full. Barrel rolls... porpoising he came on. I distracted andgot shot down. He dropped the last bomb needed. More satisfaction.

Re: JUST A FEW OBSERVATIONS 11 years 11 months ago #17151

• Flymagic
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
See SkyDavis post below. Really good one!

Last edit: by Flymagic. Reason: delete pic attempt

Re: JUST A FEW OBSERVATIONS 11 years 11 months ago #17152

• SkyDavis
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • 111th Falcon squad
OK every one should give new players tips at doing every thing because i am tired of them games were its you and 3 new players that don't know whats going vs 4 aces. Yesterday I was in one of thouse games it was a BTH games. There was 3 guys on my side that did not understand what was going on then there was me and then 4 aces on the other team. Well anyway the 3 new guys on my team were flying around crashing into the ground they were trying to kill each other. while they were doing this I was defending our base from the waves of enemys coming to bomb. I tried exsplaneing the game to them what to do how to get more agile and turn beter were to shoot to kill, i probly shouldint try to teach people were to aim to get a kill, telling them to shoot the red planes and the enemy tanks, telling them to follow the orange or red arrows to fin the enemy aircraft and to bomb the hangers of the base that the red planes come from. By the time i got to my 55 kill they had got it figured out and were actuly downing enemy craft and taking out tanks. Now that they were doing good we could get in to bomb. On the first run i got in and bombed 3 hangers and they came and bombed just not the hangers but the big brick buildings. It took 3 bombing runs before they got it figured out. It took a bit to get them to figure it out. I toled them to bomb the small hangers but insted they bombed a smaller brick building. In the 3rd run they saw what i was bombing then they were like OH those things lol. So on the 4th run 2 of them got shot down and this one new guy was sticking with me and still going. Then i got killd right as i got close to there base and the new guy bombed the hanger wining the game for us. It made me proud that these new guys went from doing a all out free for all aginst them selvs to becoming deadly pilots or more deadly anyway. They each got 5 or more kills and one of them dealiverd a Christmas present to the germans, and boy did he put it down the chemny.

Re: JUST A FEW OBSERVATIONS 11 years 11 months ago #17153

• SkyDavis
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • 111th Falcon squad
lol you put it on there. Oh well i put the hole thing on there.

Re: JUST A FEW OBSERVATIONS 11 years 11 months ago #17154

• Flymagic
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

Here's a pic to demonstrate!
In this case it's experienced pilots. Notice the timing of the retreat. He sees the formation and bye...bye...

Attachments:

Last edit: by Flymagic. Reason: added line

Re: JUST A FEW OBSERVATIONS 11 years 11 months ago #17169

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Lol, great work sky! I love working with new players when they genuinly try to improve! :) Not as fun as flying with aces, but when theres no threat to me, its kinda interesting! :)
See you in the skies!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.654 seconds