Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

How To Successfully Kill 11 years 11 months ago #16855

• Terminator_X
  • Terminator_X's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • The [e]nigma corps.
  • Thank you received: 21
So I finally got down how to successfully get rid and massacre all of your opponents. I'm sure most aces have figured this out already.

1. Get behind your opponent, it's alot easier than head to head jousting. Sometimes, not nesseccarily.

2. Keep watch of your distance, make sure you can see them to shoot, otherwise your wasting bullets.

3. Dont get too close because if they move too fast, you may not be able to quickly determine where they're headed.

4. While firing, aim where there headed, and not where they are. Firing a few millimeters ahead of them is great when aiming for a t-bone kill, or when it's not a straight shot. Pointed out by Seattle. Thanks Seattle, good point.

Note: Keep watch of your speed. Always free up your right thumb for quick access of throttle. Slow down for fine tune aiming, slowing down makes your plane harder to turn, but it makes it easier to controll your aim. Speed up for evasive maneuvering and to keep up with some enemies.

5. PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE! Try to test your skills. After you have mastered steps 1-4, start adjusting your distance greater and greater, to the point where you know exactly the place that microscopic dot is when their name first appears. When you kill somone from such a distance, your gonna wow the crowd.

Keep this post as a reference as needed. This was basically made for the new wings out there.
Y[e]s, I drew my profile pic...

The following user(s) said Thank You: Flymagic, sixxgunzz

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Terminator_X.

Re: How To Successfully Kill 11 years 11 months ago #16856

• Terminator_X
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • The [e]nigma corps.
Oh and slenderman, if ya dont mind, can you pin this to the top of the gossip threads for quick access?

Re: How To Successfully Kill 11 years 11 months ago #16860

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fly [e]nigma, or I won't let you fly.
  • Thank you received: 963
*Manfred. Slenderman is temporarily on leave cuz of finals.

Good advice. Getting behind an opponent requires that the opponet doesn't know to watch his back constantly. That works on noobs, but if you try and get behind Sky or Dawsonn, you'll be dead before you know it. If you try to get behind Mbizzi, he'll kill you before you get anywhere NEAR him.

Also, for tip number two: Firing first can make a less skilled opponet panic. They begin to fire erratically, and finally straighten out at close range. Close range fighting requires exactly two bullets. Easy kill. ;)

See ya in the skies! :)
See you in the skies!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Flymagic

Re: How To Successfully Kill 11 years 11 months ago #16863

• iQQi
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 62
TerminatorX

Thanks for the tips!

Curiously, I had just discovered the slowing down part, and your tip was timely and reflects what I experienced.

It is still a mystery to me as to how quickly the great flyers like boomer, WhatsUp, SamWeb and others can so quickly find and down you in a moment. I hit a lot of wings but just can't consistently get kills, I chase them all over the sky. I find that taking on the 'greats' head on is better than evasive action because if you survive the first run there is a better chance of getting them into your sites - also I find that holding steady in a head on produces some hits for me, maybe I'm beginning to settle down a bit.

Great topic by the way!
Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it.
Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. --- Goethe

Last edit: by iQQi. Reason: comment

Re: How To Successfully Kill 11 years 11 months ago #16864

• bomer1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • yolo
  • Thank you received: 539
But u cant always get behind them. I cary a bomb unless my eyes are tired( most likely my last game), going head on moves the game faster, and ur point earning rate. last couple of days I tried going chse only. I didnt earn 1/3 of. The points I earn in head on (same amount of time played). And I lost all I mean all head on skill because of chasing for just 2 days.

Re: How To Successfully Kill 11 years 11 months ago #16865

• Terminator_X
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • The [e]nigma corps.
Yea there are some flaws... But its a great way for newbies (I consider noobs as an offensive term, just IMO) to quickly learn and become great aces like watup, calvin, flymagic, and of course, mwua. Lols

Re: How To Successfully Kill 11 years 11 months ago #16868

• bomer1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • yolo
  • Thank you received: 539
No they have slow planes. Chasing is the worst thing they can try to do. Going head on is their best bet. They can atleast get lucky and hit the plane. There is no luck in chasing. And when u go head on ur head on improves and chasing skills. Because u need it after u get to their base, I know because I used to chase only. Thats why I have the least # of hangers bombed. I had like 18 hangers bomber when I was # 100 on top 100. Thats terrible.

Re: How To Successfully Kill 11 years 11 months ago #16873

• Manfred
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Just Manfred
  • Thank you received: 3866
Bomber, your head-on is more points because you are excellent at it. You wait until I fire, then you center on me while I'm spraying the airspace, and then two of your bullets and I am in flames.

Ticks me off, lol.

Then you are a persistent pain in the butt in chases. Not as finessed as the super-greats, but I would always prefer you with me than against me.

Manfred

PS, how do you sticky a thread? I'm just the anti-spam moderator, with occasional lecturing. I don't know the slick forum commands!

Re: How To Successfully Kill 11 years 11 months ago #16879

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I dissagree bomer. They need to learn to turn too. Sky was taught by 420 as an aspirant. On tje subject of teaching, guys, if your an ace, or at least experienced, teach the newbies. Mbizzi taught me head on, 420 taught sky to turn, and it helps. A lot. :)

iQ, your definitely getting better, and yeah, holding the phone steady is the first thing I tell newbies when I'm teaching them. :) Definitely always fight the aces. The better people u fight, the bettsr u get. Again, 420/sky, mbizzi/me. :P

Haha, term, fly's new, but I'm sure he'll appreciate the complement. ;) :P

Oh, btw, manfred, could you please unlock the I Need Help thread? Btw, I agree 100% with what you said. I always try to get idiots like that to change.their names, but most just cuss more... :P
See you in the skies!

Last edit: by CalvinIsAwesome.

Re: How To Successfully Kill 11 years 11 months ago #16880

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Oh, and I have no idea how to sticky a thread. I assume there's a button. Hit enough of them and youll figure it out. :P (Unless u wanna make me a mod. I'm open to the idea. ;) )
See you in the skies!

Re: How To Successfully Kill 11 years 11 months ago #16892

• joshstewart
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 84
I know I learned the most by flying agent the aces in the game like wat up von pay and you bomber and god the list goes on and on the advice I have been given and my slap stick attempts at mimicking them has help me learn a lot

The official 111th Falcon Squadron Website:http://falcon.spruz.com/
quam multa de eis potest nos mori
(how many of them can we make die)

Re: How To Successfully Kill 11 years 11 months ago #16903

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
When did u first play watup? I waa unlucky and didn't get to till I already knew what I was doing. :P
See you in the skies!

Re: How To Successfully Kill 11 years 11 months ago #16912

• iQQi
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 62

CalvinIsAwesome wrote: When did u first play watup? I waa unlucky and didn't get to till I already knew what I was doing. :P

Not sure if you are referring to me, if so, a few weeks ago - I was blown away with the alacrity that he could clean the skies! Fun to have him on your side - I finally get through to bomb. On the other hand, close to instant death taking off or otherwise when he is the opposition. I love the challenge though! :lol:
Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it.
Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. --- Goethe

Re: How To Successfully Kill 11 years 11 months ago #16913

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Haha, i agree. Its inhuman how fast he can kill!

I like having him on the opposing side. Its too boring with him on yours. :P
See you in the skies!

Re: How To Successfully Kill 11 years 11 months ago #17111

• Terminator_X
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • The [e]nigma corps.

CalvinIsAwesome wrote: I dissagree bomer. They need to learn to turn too. Sky was taught by 420 as an aspirant. On tje subject of teaching, guys, if your an ace, or at least experienced, teach the newbies. Mbizzi taught me head on, 420 taught sky to turn, and it helps. A lot. :)

iQ, your definitely getting better, and yeah, holding the phone steady is the first thing I tell newbies when I'm teaching them. :) Definitely always fight the aces. The better people u fight, the bettsr u get. Again, 420/sky, mbizzi/me. :P

Haha, term, fly's new, but I'm sure he'll appreciate the complement. ;) :P

Oh, btw, manfred, could you please unlock the I Need Help thread? Btw, I agree 100% with what you said. I always try to get idiots like that to change.their names, but most just cuss more... :P

What? Fly has been here since I have, if not, longer! I seen him in some posts when I was an asp. back in February.

Re: How To Successfully Kill 11 years 11 months ago #17113

• [b]pluribus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 203

Terminator_X wrote: So I finally got down how to successfully get rid and massacre all of your opponents. I'm sure most aces have figured this out already.

1. Get behind your opponent, it's alot easier than head to head jousting.

2. Keep watch of your distance, make sure you can see them to shoot, otherwise your wasting bullets.

3. Dont get too close because if they move too fast, you may not be able to quickly determinrx where they're headed.

4. Keep watch of your speed. Always free up your right thumb for quick access of throttle. Slow down for fine tune aiming, slowing down makes your plane harder to turn, but it makes it easier to controll your aim. Speed up for evasive maneuvering and to keep up with some enemies.

5. PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE! Try to test your skills. After you have mastered steps 1-4, start adjusting your distance greater and greater, to the point where you know exactly the place that microscopic dot is when their name first appears. When you kill somone from such a distance, your gonna wow the crowd.

Keep this post as a reference as needed. This was basically made for the new wings out there.

Somewhere between (1) and (2) on that list, my plane is usually in flames. The one thing I've learned is to Jump rather than Retry. About half the time I make it to the ground and pick up a few points. Better than nothing, I suppose.

On the other hand, I finally made it to 1900 kills, so that's better than nothing, too, even if it's nothing to brag about.

Last edit: by [b]pluribus.

Re: How To Successfully Kill 11 years 11 months ago #17115

• Flymagic
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • I CAN SEE YOU FROM MY BIRD'S EYE VIEW !!!
  • Thank you received: 20
Thanks for including me in the above statement. I've been here since 10 March or so. I'm no ace, but I like the challenge of accomplishment of the mission. Brains over brawn, if you will. Every now and then I get to sow my oats too.

WE FLY WITH HONOR, INTEGRITY, AND PRIDE !

An avatar is how people are SEEN on the web. Mine will be an expression of what I SEE. I hope you enjoy!

Re: How To Successfully Kill 11 years 11 months ago #17124

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Plur, i want you to attend an Enigma trainig day sometime. Maybe youll quit talking down to yourself. :) :)
See you in the skies!

Re: How To Successfully Kill 11 years 11 months ago #17131

• [b]pluribus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I think it will only make it worse. I'm in my own squadron of one, anyway.

Last edit: by [b]pluribus.

Re: How To Successfully Kill 11 years 11 months ago #17134

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
How will flying with the best make it worse....? I could kill mbizzi as a luitenent cuz i played against him a lot. Some players cant kill him at rank ten cuz they dont try. You will come. You will shoot stuff. Stuff will shoot you. You will gradually shoot more stuff. :)
See you in the skies!

Re: How To Successfully Kill 11 years 11 months ago #17135

• [b]pluribus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Ha. I can't kill him at rank 18. Probably can't kill you either. :lol:

Re: How To Successfully Kill 11 years 11 months ago #17137

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Which is why you come train with us. ;)
See you in the skies!

Re: How To Successfully Kill 11 years 11 months ago #17138

• Flymagic
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • I CAN SEE YOU FROM MY BIRD'S EYE VIEW !!!
  • Thank you received: 20
Unum..I don't kill many. Mission win ratio is higher than some though. Out think, out plan. Bomb and clear the way for others on you way back to reload. If they shoot you down...you get back more quickly. Find the positive in your own demise. Besides, here we get to try again...and again.

WE FLY WITH HONOR, INTEGRITY, AND PRIDE !

An avatar is how people are SEEN on the web. Mine will be an expression of what I SEE. I hope you enjoy!
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR]*XxXxX*, CalvinIsAwesome, Bigbossman

Re: How To Successfully Kill 11 years 11 months ago #17157

• Mr. Serious
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • gen~~~~~~~~jack
  • Thank you received: 1352

Terminator_X wrote: So I finally got down how to successfully get rid and massacre all of your opponents. I'm sure most aces have figured this out already.

1. Get behind your opponent, it's alot easier than head to head jousting.

3. Dont get too close because if they move too fast, you may not be able to quickly determinrx where they're headed.

4. Keep watch of your speed. Always free up your right thumb for quick access of throttle. Slow down for fine tune aiming, slowing down makes your plane harder to turn, but it makes it easier to controll your aim. Speed up for evasive maneuvering and to keep up with some enemies.

Hello terminator x.....u forgot to add in your list......where under the red name to place your sites on incomming planes at a distance.....alot of new players have been asking this very question.....i tell them...but some times its hard to chat while fighting....

Gen~~~~~~~~jack

Re: How To Successfully Kill 11 years 11 months ago #17161

• Terminator_X
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • The [e]nigma corps.

General Jackson wrote:

Hello terminator x.....u forgot to add in your list......where under the red name to place your sites on incomming planes at a distance.....alot of new players have been asking this very question.....i tell them...but some times its hard to chat while fighting....

Its harf to explain. Different sizes of phones vary the distance. So its really hard to explain.

Re: How To Successfully Kill 11 years 11 months ago #17166

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Slightly under the middle of the name, there's a small black dot. If you can see the name, the dot is there, it's just small. Shoot that. :)
See you in the skies!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Terminator_X, sixxgunzz

Re: How To Successfully Kill 11 years 11 months ago #17168

• Stormbringer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • You may win the battle but not the war
  • Thank you received: 577

Good advise Jackson

Re: How To Successfully Kill 11 years 11 months ago #17173

• Mr. Serious
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • gen~~~~~~~~jack
  • Thank you received: 1352
Thanks stormingfast...

I was just mentioning it, so that maybe sombody can post it in a list for newcomers to view....when i first started i had a difficult time figuring where to aim at long distances.... i learned by trial and error. No one ever explained or taugh me...i would of liked to have a list or somthing when i first atarted...

I still have difficulties with it sometimes due to my phone glitching....
Some days are great and other days not so great....

Gen~~~~~~~~jack
The following user(s) said Thank You: Terminator_X

Re: How To Successfully Kill 11 years 11 months ago #17192

• [b]pluribus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

General jackson wrote: Thanks stormingfast...

I was just mentioning it, so that maybe sombody can post it in a list for newcomers to view....when i first started i had a difficult time figuring where to aim at long distances.... i learned by trial and error. No one ever explained or taugh me...i would of liked to have a list or somthing when i first atarted...

I still have difficulties with it sometimes due to my phone glitching....
Some days are great and other days not so great....

I can't see enemy planes anyway unless they're practically on top of me, so nothing doing with shooting scenarios. I won't play the dogfight or carrier capture scenarios since that's all they are.

Re: How To Successfully Kill 11 years 11 months ago #17199

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Jackson, do u have stuff turned off? Clouds and stuff? Also, install a task killer. Helps speed up RAM. :)
See you in the skies!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.552 seconds