Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

tank vs plane both reload appear to be the same 11 years 11 months ago #16201

• *D~x~P-29*
  • *D~x~P-29*'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 330
Hello,
Has anyone ever brought up the topic of a tank at enemy hanger firing at a plane warm up. Its sometime annoying and sometime funny as well. But my question is why after being shot by a tank it takes the same amount of time to reload the plane as it does for a tank to reload only to leave the tank to continuously shoot the same plane until someone gets bored, or helps arrives or eventually just leave the game. But more important to me is why do they share the same reload time frame.
So I through this out there to see if others may have the same frustrations?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: tank vs plane both reload appear to be the same 11 years 11 months ago #16207

• Slenderman
  • The [e]nigma Corps
  • Thank you received: 849
Yup, it's spawn killing.

I kick those players immediately.

Re: tank vs plane both reload appear to be the same 11 years 11 months ago #16211

• veidar2
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 162
I quote from my own message from the thread: "A longer reloading time..."

veidar2 wrote: A longer reloading time is all it takes to counter the spawn-killing problem.

Tank spawn killing at the airports... does in fact destroy the game when it happens. A single tank hiding at an airport can kill every airplane that appears at the end of the runway before it can even take off.

By simply prolonging the reloading time for the tanks, - making it a bit more realistic... airplanes would be able to get off ground and defend themselves. Even if it were increased to just 10 seconds, it would make a great difference.

Last edit: by veidar2.

Re: tank vs plane both reload appear to be the same 11 years 11 months ago #16212

• veidar2
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
A small increase in the reloading time for tanks would put a stop to the really ridiculous situation of a tank being able to pick off the same plane time after time.

Zuperman promised he would make them reload a little slower, but there were some tank enthusiasts who were really upset about the idea, and there is a possibility he may have listened to them.

In WW2 reloading times for tanks were from 5 sec up to 15 sec or more.

5 or 6 seconds was often quoted as the ideal "minimum reloading time" for the best tank types, but as far as I've read, in a realistic situation it usually took much longer.

Re: tank vs plane both reload appear to be the same 11 years 11 months ago #16214

• *D~x~P-29*
  • *D~x~P-29*'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 330
Its difficult to which end would be an improvement, when operating a tank I grind my teeth waiting to reload when Im making my way toward an enemy hanger and firing at a plane I'm yelling reload reload reload.

And when attempting to take off in a plane and the enemy is barreled down on you with s tank ( bang) reload etc over and over again. So its even tough for me to say which end of the playing field I would rather see if any improvement would or could be applied. One would believe a plane on a tar mat taking off would be difficult to destroy with a tank??? But I'm sure we have done it, or attempting to do so. I would play favor to a plane reloading after being destroyed to at least 1.5 seconds less, originally I just find it hard to see both the plane and tank having the same reload time when in fact they are two different vehicle?

Re: tank vs plane both reload appear to be the same 11 years 11 months ago #16224

• bomer1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • yolo
  • Thank you received: 539
Or u can make plane reload time faster. And what happens whwn u get kicked.

Re: tank vs plane both reload appear to be the same 11 years 11 months ago #16225

• veidar2
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

dxp29 wrote: ...when Im making my way toward an enemy hanger and firing at a plane I'm yelling reload reload reload...

The tanks have a hard time reaching the airport just because everybody knows they easily win the whole game when they arrive. If they weren't so quick at taking out the hangars, pilots would be more relaxed about them.

The tank spawn-killing problem is something else altogether. It is meaningless and totally artificial because planes respawn at the end of the runway and a parked tank can sit there and take them out as fast as they reappear.

It could be countered by doing what Calvin (I think) suggested: making planes appear at different places, robbing the tanks of the sweet spot to aim at...

- or by increasing the time it takes to reload the gun, - only a little,
- or making the planes able to get airborne a little quicker,
- or by giving them tank immunity for as long as the brakes are on.

Re: tank vs plane both reload appear to be the same 11 years 11 months ago #16227

• bomer1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • yolo
  • Thank you received: 539
I like B

Re: tank vs plane both reload appear to be the same 11 years 11 months ago #16258

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fly [e]nigma, or I won't let you fly.
  • Thank you received: 963
yeah, it was me that suggested that. i like the idea of them not being spread out on the runway, cuz then a quick tank master could theoretically just switch between areas with practice. i think that the spots should be scattered thruout the territory. u could spawn on the mountain, behind the base, ontop of a building, on a hill, etc.

the planes should also be able to take off faster. theres no real point to the slow acceleration on the runway, but once your in the air, it should stay at the current rate of acceleration. increasing in-air acceleration would make manuvering WAY to easy.
See you in the skies!

Re: tank vs plane both reload appear to be the same 11 years 11 months ago #16295

• _eBu_
  • Thank you received: 23
i have been playing the game for around 2 months, and everbody talks about this spawnkilling..as the designer of the game, designed the game as letting spawnkills, then why are we talking about it..
it doesnt seem ethic to me, i have never done it with a tank, and rarely do it with a plane, however i cant say anthing to these spawnkillers, cause it seems legal regarding the game physics.. if it is not legal, then why something is not being done for months. so, until sonthing is done to avoid it, it is legal i believe..

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.688 seconds