Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Zombie apocalypse plans? (lol, don't judge me) 11 years 11 months ago #15903

• isaactheman
  • isaactheman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 151
(if you don't think a zombie apocalypse will happen, or don't want to just go with it, don't even reply.)
(leave your plan, & a reason (optional) or two for your decisions)
My plan: gather a few friends I'll need 'em later. Gather supplies. Invest (before zombie apocalypse) in transportation to both an oil rig & to the polar regions, oil rig has own power & desalinization plant (way of taking salt out of seawater to make it drinkable) &
The polar regions are too far & cold for the majority of refugees (& marauders, once anarchy comes into play) both places are also easily defendable, downsides are: oil rigs get hurricanes and the arctic is COLD.
Weapons: singleshot & semiauto firearms due to reduced waste of precious ammo and less accumulative recoil resulting in greater accuracy. But seeing as I have written so much already, I'll stop here. For now

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Zombie apocalypse plans? (lol, don't judge me) 11 years 11 months ago #15904

• joshstewart
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 84
MREs alto of them unless we plain on eating penguins ;) but so far sounds good to me

The official 111th Falcon Squadron Website:http://falcon.spruz.com/
quam multa de eis potest nos mori
(how many of them can we make die)

Re: Zombie apocalypse plans? (lol, don't judge me) 11 years 11 months ago #15905

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fly [e]nigma, or I won't let you fly.
  • Thank you received: 963
Go to slendermans house. :P You can be perfectly safe there. ;)
See you in the skies!

Re: Zombie apocalypse plans? (lol, don't judge me) 11 years 11 months ago #15925

• Slenderman
  • The [e]nigma Corps
  • Thank you received: 849
Personally, I've studied a LOT of virology. Is it plausible a zombie outbreak could happen? Not likely.

Is it likely that the human race will be completely annihilated by some sort of virus/pathogen? EXTREMELY likely. We've had plenty of close calls already. All we need is a common virus nowadays to mutate that had perfect resistance.

Either way -- it's good to prepare for a "Doomsday Event".

I myself am readily equipped for such a situation. I have multiple medical kits, rifles (and a large stockpile of ammunition), enough MRE's and food to last a year (but if rationed correctly -- much longer), two generators, etc. TONS of gear and supplies.

When I'm back home, people often say how "May there be mercy on the soul of the person who dare trespasses or attempts breaking into your home."

People know I take care of business. ;)

Anyways, about your plan. You'd only want 3-4 people max. People who are solid and WONT turn on you no matter what. Also, living on a rig would be very deteriorating on your mental health. Trust me. Life at sea gets old fast. And you'd have to constantly worry about any masses of storms on your back step -- all of which you said.

Also, weapons wise -- I'd have to go with a .22 long rifle actually. More particularly -- the best rifle I've ever owned, a Ruger 10/22. Seriously. These things never break, jam, etc. A brick (525 rounds) of Remington (128 grain) hollow points only weighs about 5 pounds. You can carry a LOT of rounds, it's VERY cheap, extremely accurate (just went varmint hunting today with it. Hit every shot with surgical precision), etc.

Best. Rifle. Ever.

For gathering food/some aspects of protection. I mean, .22 hollow points REALLY mess people up. I see more .22 injuries in the ER when I do clinical than any other gun shot wound. The worst part about a .22 hollow point is usually -- it mushrooms into several sharp lead points alright. But a lot of the time, it never goes all the way through and will literally rip up your gut. Pretty nasty stuff.

But for human/zombie defense -- a Mossberg 500 or Remington 870 is where it's at. Both are incredibly reliable, munition is CHEAP. Incredibly cheap. And -- you can't really mess up with a shotgun. No precision aiming needed, point and shoot.

Anyways, just my two cents. ;)

Re: Zombie apocalypse plans? (lol, don't judge me) 11 years 11 months ago #15926

• Slenderman
  • The [e]nigma Corps

CalvinIsAwesome wrote: Go to slendermans house. :P You can be perfectly safe there. ;)

And actually -- hahahah, that's what a lot of people tell me. The area which I live is prime for an apocalyptic situation. Everyone who lives near my compound (I have multiple homes on my huge piece of land) are all great people, own rifles, know how to use them, plenty of game for food out here and EVERYONE has some pretty awesome vehicles/aircraft. My next door neighbor (if you'd call it that, we live several acres apart, hahahah) owns and frequently lends me his two military grade Humvee's, ATV's, etc.

Our next door neighbor sectioned a part of his land as a runway and now lands his private plane there. It's open for all use.

So yeah. Apocalyptically, I'm prepared. ;)

Re: Zombie apocalypse plans? (lol, don't judge me) 11 years 11 months ago #15940

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Send me an address. ;) lol

Lol, with your Krav Maga skills, do u really need a rifle for a single tresspasser? Lol ;)

Do you actually work in the ER? I thought you had to be a fully trained doctor/nurse to work in a hospital?

Weapons wise, I'd go with my Nuiport! ;) :P (Full-auto cannon off a tank instead of a standard gun. ;) :P ) Lol, thatd be awesome! :)
See you in the skies!

Re: Zombie apocalypse plans? (lol, don't judge me) 11 years 11 months ago #15944

• joshstewart
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 84
Slenderman you sound like you could be a part of my family lol and you are right .22 is a great gun now for the long rang shots I like my enfild 303 its a man stoper ;) and a glock .45 on my hip

The official 111th Falcon Squadron Website:http://falcon.spruz.com/
quam multa de eis potest nos mori
(how many of them can we make die)

Re: Zombie apocalypse plans? (lol, don't judge me) 11 years 11 months ago #15945

• isaactheman
  • isaactheman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 151
Lols, MREs are supplies, and shotguns call for not being so far away and are loud, which brings more zombies, zombies swarm, plus I believe, that, if a zombie apocalypse occured, it would be a super-virus, seeing as viruses are developing, "growing", and evolving fast. For me, .22 rifles and pistols. Never forget the power of the headshot. flamethrowers or some other type of trap as a second line of defense. flamethrowers will require fuel, but, there'll be plenty of abandoned vehicles, plus fire leaves only bone and is a strong deterrent to man and beast alike. But against marauders your best bet is a muffled or silenced, your preference machine gun.
the most useful ( & quiet) short range weapon is the crowbar, it's durable, its hook side can be put through eyesocket into the brain, and it's used primarily for a lever action, such as if you need to get out of a room with a large, heavy object blocking the way out.
Sorry chainsaw, you'll be heard from a long ways away, plus you require fuel. Anyways, I'm trying out for something at my school, that's rather big seeing as at home football games, if I make it, I'll be singing the, national anthem in front of countless football fans.
wish me luck

Last edit: by isaactheman.

Re: Zombie apocalypse plans? (lol, don't judge me) 11 years 11 months ago #15965

• SkyDavis
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • 111th Falcon squad
  • Thank you received: 836

Slenderman wrote: Personally, I've studied a LOT of virology. Is it plausible a zombie outbreak could happen? Not likely.

Is it likely that the human race will be completely annihilated by some sort of virus/pathogen? EXTREMELY likely. We've had plenty of close calls already. All we need is a common virus nowadays to mutate that had perfect resistance.

Either way -- it's good to prepare for a "Doomsday Event".

I myself am readily equipped for such a situation. I have multiple medical kits, rifles (and a large stockpile of ammunition), enough MRE's and food to last a year (but if rationed correctly -- much longer), two generators, etc. TONS of gear and supplies.

When I'm back home, people often say how "May there be mercy on the soul of the person who dare trespasses or attempts breaking into your home."

People know I take care of business. ;)

Anyways, about your plan. You'd only want 3-4 people max. People who are solid and WONT turn on you no matter what. Also, living on a rig would be very deteriorating on your mental health. Trust me. Life at sea gets old fast. And you'd have to constantly worry about any masses of storms on your back step -- all of which you said.

Also, weapons wise -- I'd have to go with a .22 long rifle actually. More particularly -- the best rifle I've ever owned, a Ruger 10/22. Seriously. These things never break, jam, etc. A brick (525 rounds) of Remington (128 grain) hollow points only weighs about 5 pounds. You can carry a LOT of rounds, it's VERY cheap, extremely accurate (just went varmint hunting today with it. Hit every shot with surgical precision), etc.

Best. Rifle. Ever.

For gathering food/some aspects of protection. I mean, .22 hollow points REALLY mess people up. I see more .22 injuries in the ER when I do clinical than any other gun shot wound. The worst part about a .22 hollow point is usually -- it mushrooms into several sharp lead points alright. But a lot of the time, it never goes all the way through and will literally rip up your gut. Pretty nasty stuff.

But for human/zombie defense -- a Mossberg 500 or Remington 870 is where it's at. Both are incredibly reliable, munition is CHEAP. Incredibly cheap. And -- you can't really mess up with a shotgun. No precision aiming needed, point and shoot.

Anyways, just my two cents. ;)

If zombies came they would rot after a while and a person with a virus taking over them to drive them mad will not move to quickly so 22 rifle with hollow points a shot gun and sword and plenty of rabbits in my pasture would keep me set. Plus once I finde the bayonet for my great grandpas 3 ww1 rifles I could hook them to thouse guns and youse them for hand to hand combat if a zombi gets close. 22 long rifle are so accreate I love them. You can hit rabbits in the eye frome 150 yds away. Doing that to a person or a zombie would screw the brain up snuff that they will not move to come get you. Then I have a 2.22 for hares in the winter since the blighters get so dang tuff. This winter when it snowed I shot this rabbit in the face and chest 10 times with the 22 and it just nocked him over. Thing got up and ran 200 yds then died. But I am in a good spot for if somthing happens becuse I have plenty of rabbits around for protein. Then we got whole fields around us to grow flutes and vegtibals. Berys and potatoes carrots tomatoes corn and that stuff. Water is a bit of a problem thoue but I could alwase hook up a generater to pump it. Wait no I would not have to do that. Nvm I would not need electrify to get some water. I forgot about thouse pumps you do by hand.

Re: Zombie apocalypse plans? (lol, don't judge me) 11 years 11 months ago #15967

• Kazee83
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 26
Slenderman wrote:
Personally, I've studied a LOT of virology. Is it plausible a zombie outbreak could happen? Not likely.

Actually, the likelihood of finding a pathogen that was deadly to all people on planet earth is not very likely. Within all populations there will be organisms that are naturally resistant to infection and this has been documented (plague, HIV, etc.). Generally there is a massive depopulation that occurs and then all that are left are the naturally resistant organisms who then continue to survive, making a further outbreak less likely.

In regards to firearms, how do you kill a zombie? You can't kill it unless you know how it works and I think there is not enough agreement from zombie sources to draw definitive conclusions. Single projectile firearms are great if you can cause it to hemorrhage to death, but if not, I would say anthing besides rifle is useless. I need more information on their physiology prior to choosing a weapon. Honestly, I think the safest bet would be a flame thrower or something similar because it will eventually cause all organs to fail - heart, muscle, brain, eyes, etc. Just my opinion.

Last edit: by Kazee83.

Re: Zombie apocalypse plans? (lol, don't judge me) 11 years 11 months ago #15969

• Ksta315
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 61
I have been stocking up on ammo by the case, and purchasing firearms, mainly shotguns. I'm in the process of getting my wife able to shoot, proficiently. We live in a very rural area so i'm not worried about being over run soon after the "apocolypse breakout". We can and freeze lots of fruits and veggies and also have beef cattle to use for meat, along with all of the other wildlife around our house. We have dug wells on our property for water as well. I hope this is enough to keep us going for awhile, and we are always aquiring more!

Re: Zombie apocalypse plans? (lol, don't judge me) 11 years 11 months ago #15971

• SkyDavis
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • 111th Falcon squad
Plus we can eat the zombies. Nowkaze if a zombie outbreak accoures it's most likely to be a viruse that affects the brain. What ever causes it, it would have to be working with the brain. The brain tells the body what to do. With out the brain the muscles will just twitch or shake or not do anything. The brain controls movement like grabing or chasing somthing. So I would just take a sword and remove the head. Doing that puts the person out of there missiry and kills the brains abilty to control the body. Also the chance that the viris will make people attack each other may be slim. Now the chance of the viris leaving the body of the guy you killd and geting you is very likely.

Re: Zombie apocalypse plans? (lol, don't judge me) 11 years 11 months ago #15973

• Kazee83
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 26
Well Sky, right now viruses causing zombies is the new fad because it medically explains what's happening. If that's true, you're exaclty right, take care of them just like you would a normal person. But like Slender said, zombie causing viruses would be rare. The closest real-life example that I could think of would be rabies, which in people kills you and while you live makes you less liekly to be able to catch a person and infect them. So, the real key to survival would be just live in a medically protective shelter until the epidemic goes away, not to fight off hoardes of attacking undead.

Re: Zombie apocalypse plans? (lol, don't judge me) 11 years 11 months ago #15975

• SkyDavis
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • 111th Falcon squad
Exactly.

Re: Zombie apocalypse plans? (lol, don't judge me) 11 years 11 months ago #15989

• Slenderman
  • The [e]nigma Corps

CalvinIsAwesome wrote: Send me an address. ;) lol

Lol, with your Krav Maga skills, do u really need a rifle for a single tresspasser? Lol ;)

Do you actually work in the ER? I thought you had to be a fully trained doctor/nurse to work in a hospital?

Weapons wise, I'd go with my Nuiport! ;) :P (Full-auto cannon off a tank instead of a standard gun. ;) :P ) Lol, thatd be awesome! :)

Hahahah, well -- I wouldn't exactly want to engage hand to hand combat with a zombie.

No, but I've done several rounds through the ER's of several hospitals. Also -- I'm speaking about clinicals. Also, you don't have to be fully trained (you can be a student) and still work in a hospital. Just without aspects of pay.

Kazee83 wrote: In regards to firearms, how do you kill a zombie? You can't kill it unless you know how it works and I think there is not enough agreement from zombie sources to draw definitive conclusions. Single projectile firearms are great if you can cause it to hemorrhage to death, but if not, I would say anthing besides rifle is useless. I need more information on their physiology prior to choosing a weapon. Honestly, I think the safest bet would be a flame thrower or something similar because it will eventually cause all organs to fail - heart, muscle, brain, eyes, etc. Just my opinion.

Ah, well that's why I'm saying -- I'm not about this whole "zombie fad" nor am I trained to kill a zombie. I am however prepared for an apocalyptic situation which would put people against people. I like indulging in theories. But when it comes to survival, I'm pretty straight forward and disregard most impossible things. e.g Zombies.

However, I'd assume their weak points would be the same as that of a human. Like you said -- sort of like rabies. I mean, I can kill a rabid animal and a uninfected animal with the same bullet. As long as the shot placement were decent.

Skydavis1 wrote: Exactly.

Why do you put "Exactly" when everything Kazee had said is the total opposite of what you said? :P

Re: Zombie apocalypse plans? (lol, don't judge me) 11 years 11 months ago #15991

• SkyDavis
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • 111th Falcon squad
i was saying exzactly to the rabies thing. It is a viruse that takes over your minde.

Re: Zombie apocalypse plans? (lol, don't judge me) 11 years 11 months ago #15993

• Slenderman
  • The [e]nigma Corps
The rabies virus doesn't "take over the mind", it attacks the Central Nervous System in both humans and animals. If it isn't treated, it will begin causing many muscle spasms, hydrophobia can be observed along with hyperactive activity. Eventually encephalitis (inflammation of the brain) which causes a sort of delirium.

Heh, I just studied a lot of this for my Microbiology final next week. It'll be cake.

Last edit: by Slenderman.

Re: Zombie apocalypse plans? (lol, don't judge me) 11 years 11 months ago #16007

• |111th|Qazfdsa
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • [111th] Falcon Squad Founder
  • Thank you received: 70
You've all been playing too much Minecraft :blink:
-Qaz

~=111TH FALCON SQUADRON FOUNDER B)=~

Player since Dec. 30th 2010. (estimate)

Re: Zombie apocalypse plans? (lol, don't judge me) 11 years 11 months ago #16008

• Slenderman
  • The [e]nigma Corps
>Implying Minecraft is zombie exclusive.

Derp. ;)

Re: Zombie apocalypse plans? (lol, don't judge me) 11 years 11 months ago #16009

• |111th|Qazfdsa
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Slenderman wrote: >Implying Minecraft is zombie exclusive.

Derp. ;)

Pocket edition is.

Derp.
-Qaz

Re: Zombie apocalypse plans? (lol, don't judge me) 11 years 11 months ago #16010

• Slenderman
  • The [e]nigma Corps

Qazfdsa wrote:

Slenderman wrote: >Implying Minecraft is zombie exclusive.

Derp. ;)

Pocket edition is.

Derp.

Well, you never mentioned that now, eh?

Chill out man, it's just a joke. This is the internet. :whistle:

Re: Zombie apocalypse plans? (lol, don't judge me) 11 years 11 months ago #16011

• |111th|Qazfdsa
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I wasn't mad.
Was just trying to joke too
-Qaz

Re: Zombie apocalypse plans? (lol, don't judge me) 11 years 11 months ago #16013

• Slenderman
  • The [e]nigma Corps
Ah, I see. You just seemed a bit on edge, hahahah. No hard feelings, mate. :)

Re: Zombie apocalypse plans? (lol, don't judge me) 11 years 11 months ago #16015

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Hey, qaz, ur back! :)

Personally, Id probably take a sword for zombies, and probably something that explodes for distance zombie killing. That is, assuming you couldnt stop them with a bullet thru the brain. Then id go with the 22 and, still the sword.

Wait, there are people that are immune to HIV/AIDS?
See you in the skies!

Re: Zombie apocalypse plans? (lol, don't judge me) 11 years 11 months ago #16025

• Slenderman
  • The [e]nigma Corps
Well, you'd have to be careful with a sword. Nothing too big. And nothing stupid like a modern katana. The last of the quality katanas were from the 1800's from around the Kyoto area. These were made the original way by folding steel. Nowadays it's mostly casts which break easily.

A machete would definitely be the way to go or a good ol' Bowie Knife. You want shorter, thick and functionality.

And yes, the human genome has actually been evolving in the sense of our genetic resistance. Though rare -- there are a surprising number of people whom are indeed HIV and shake off the virus like they would the common cold.

Also -- AIDS actually doesn't kill you and isn't that bad itself. It's the fact that it is an immunodeficiency disease which really strips you of your immune system. After a while, multiple opportunistic pathogens and whatnot will continue hitting you. Since you cant fight them off -- they build and build. And that's how you die of AIDS.

The more you know. :P

Re: Zombie apocalypse plans? (lol, don't judge me) 11 years 11 months ago #16028

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Yeah, i relly want to get my hands on a really old katana! The new ones suck. Best swords ever made were made hundreds of years before we were born. :P Did you know that while the Samari are now known for their swordsmanship, they were primarily horseback archers? The swordsmen were the team 6 of the day.

Hmm.. Thats cool! Not the kinda thing you want to find out tho. ;) :P

Yeah, i know u dont DIRECTLY die of aids, but that kinda like saying if a knife cuts off your arm, you died of blood loss, not an idiot with a knife. Must suck even more than normal dying to die of a stupid cold. Stay away from girls you meet on streetcorners unless you feel like that kinda death too! :P

I had pnumonia 3 times as a baby (ages 2-4), and im fine, theres some evidence of increased immunity! ;)
See you in the skies!

Re: Zombie apocalypse plans? (lol, don't judge me) 11 years 11 months ago #16063

• |111th|Qazfdsa
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Hey guys...

ZOMBIE WANTS YOUR BRAINS
-Qaz

Re: Zombie apocalypse plans? (lol, don't judge me) 11 years 11 months ago #16069

• Slenderman
  • The [e]nigma Corps
Heh, I need to upload a massive building I've been working on in the Pocket Edition.

Re: Zombie apocalypse plans? (lol, don't judge me) 11 years 11 months ago #16072

• Dentinhead
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't ask me, I don't know
  • Thank you received: 2736
I've dated a few zombies...... They're not that bad..... :whistle:

Re: Zombie apocalypse plans? (lol, don't judge me) 11 years 11 months ago #16076

• Slenderman
  • The [e]nigma Corps

dentinhead wrote: I've dated a few zombies...... They're not that bad..... :whistle:

I heard that. :evil:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.583 seconds