×

Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Scavenger Hunt - TODAY! Post HERE to Register! 10 years 7 months ago #116899

  • BTJ582
  • BTJ582's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Posts: 1201
  • Thank you received: 2533
Ok so how is this for mountain landing?




I am an ex-submarine sailor who has taken the battle to the sky.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Scavenger Hunt - TODAY! Post HERE to Register! 10 years 7 months ago #116902

  • Whiplash
  • Whiplash's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Been Doomed since 1990!
  • Posts: 4234
  • Thank you received: 3010

BTJ582 wrote: Ok so how is this for mountain landing?

1 point! Nice BTJ that puts you at 3...1 more and you are tied for the lead!
https://photos.app.goo.gl/3Aj5cS2yr1O2fenK2

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Scavenger Hunt - TODAY! Post HERE to Register! 10 years 7 months ago #116905

  • KpTNdIGbY
  • KpTNdIGbY's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't Even Try
  • Posts: 572
  • Thank you received: 286

SnidleyWhiplash wrote: There will be Scavenger Hunts for everyone in Dogfight being hosted by The Devils Dragons. A list of 'items' will be listed here and the first one back with it all wins! You will receive the following prizes:

Your name posted in The Devils Den Post 1 as the winner!
A virtual trophy (An image of a trophy)
Street cred for kicking butt!

24 Hour Scavenger Hunt
The list of items you must collect will be posted as soon as the club opens. Players will have 24 hours to collect as many of the items on the list as they can. First one back with all the items or the one with the most items at the end of 24 hours is the winner! Winners will receive their name on Post 1 of the Night Club as the winner of the Scavenger Hunt, a medal or trophy with whatever they want on it, and a cool reputation for kicking butt! Please ensure you can take in game screen shots, it is required to win!
Just to give everyone an idea of things you might need to find here are some potential items:

- Inverted landing
- You parked on carrier tower
- You on Duckwing in soldier with the German base in view
...and many more

HUNT LIST

NEW - Thursday July 18th @ 12pm Eastern - Monday July 22nd @ 12pm Eastern - (GMT - 5)(Noon)

Players
Paul Mantz, Jr.
Capt. Noushbag
YEMX
BigC (Maybe he said but he may not have internet)
BTJ582
Gizmo

FINISHED - Wednesday June 26th @ 8pm Eastern - Thursday June 27th @ 8pm Eastern

Players
WINNER BigC

Digby (Maybe, didn't understand the :P )
M4rtin
Richy Roo
Ryan273935
DixieConfederate
The Yellow Belly
BTJ582
General jackson
Flyingmuck
Captain Noushbag
Sputnik
YEMX
Pownage


Haha the :P was like good idea but not sure how it would work
KpTNdIGbY

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Scavenger Hunt - TODAY! Post HERE to Register! 10 years 7 months ago #116906

  • KpTNdIGbY
  • KpTNdIGbY's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't Even Try
  • Posts: 572
  • Thank you received: 286

Digby wrote:

SnidleyWhiplash wrote: There will be Scavenger Hunts for everyone in Dogfight being hosted by The Devils Dragons. A list of 'items' will be listed here and the first one back with it all wins! You will receive the following prizes:

Your name posted in The Devils Den Post 1 as the winner!
A virtual trophy (An image of a trophy)
Street cred for kicking butt!

24 Hour Scavenger Hunt
The list of items you must collect will be posted as soon as the club opens. Players will have 24 hours to collect as many of the items on the list as they can. First one back with all the items or the one with the most items at the end of 24 hours is the winner! Winners will receive their name on Post 1 of the Night Club as the winner of the Scavenger Hunt, a medal or trophy with whatever they want on it, and a cool reputation for kicking butt! Please ensure you can take in game screen shots, it is required to win!
Just to give everyone an idea of things you might need to find here are some potential items:

- Inverted landing
- You parked on carrier tower
- You on Duckwing in soldier with the German base in view
...and many more

HUNT LIST

NEW - Thursday July 18th @ 12pm Eastern - Monday July 22nd @ 12pm Eastern - (GMT - 5)(Noon)

Players
Paul Mantz, Jr.
Capt. Noushbag
YEMX
BigC (Maybe he said but he may not have internet)
BTJ582
Gizmo

FINISHED - Wednesday June 26th @ 8pm Eastern - Thursday June 27th @ 8pm Eastern

Players
WINNER BigC

Digby (Maybe, didn't understand the :P )
M4rtin
Richy Roo
Ryan273935
DixieConfederate
The Yellow Belly
BTJ582
General jackson
Flyingmuck
Captain Noushbag
Sputnik
YEMX
Pownage


Haha the :P was like good idea but not sure how it would work


Wait I will join gonna start
KpTNdIGbY

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Scavenger Hunt - TODAY! Post HERE to Register! 10 years 7 months ago #116909

  • Captain Noushbag
  • Captain Noushbag's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • That's not flying, that's just falling with style
  • Posts: 856
  • Thank you received: 1228
Alright Whip, how many points do I get?



1 shooting a chuter with Tank (playing as Darth Evader)

2 Parking on a face of Duckwing, nearly vertical

3 having my soldier, plane and tank all in one shot


4 Shooting down a plane with tank (my 44th)

been Noushed lately?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Captain Noushbag.

Scavenger Hunt - TODAY! Post HERE to Register! 10 years 7 months ago #116912

  • KpTNdIGbY
  • KpTNdIGbY's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't Even Try
  • Posts: 572
  • Thank you received: 286
Here are mine so far
KpTNdIGbY

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Scavenger Hunt - TODAY! Post HERE to Register! 10 years 7 months ago #116914

  • KpTNdIGbY
  • KpTNdIGbY's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't Even Try
  • Posts: 572
  • Thank you received: 286
Here are mine so far







And what else is needed
KpTNdIGbY
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Scavenger Hunt - TODAY! Post HERE to Register! 10 years 7 months ago #116920

  • KpTNdIGbY
  • KpTNdIGbY's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't Even Try
  • Posts: 572
  • Thank you received: 286
Here is one more

Me on duckwing after landing

Got the other so you can see that the base is there so you can see where I am
KpTNdIGbY
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by KpTNdIGbY.

Scavenger Hunt - TODAY! Post HERE to Register! 10 years 7 months ago #116942

  • Whiplash
  • Whiplash's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Been Doomed since 1990!
  • Posts: 4234
  • Thank you received: 3010

Captain Noushbag wrote: Alright Whip, how many points do I get?



1 shooting a chuter with Tank (playing as Darth Evader)

2 Parking on a face of Duckwing, nearly vertical

3 having my soldier, plane and tank all in one shot


4 Shooting down a plane with tank (my 44th)


To keep it honest you had to have the number 1 item first. Until you have that no other items count
https://photos.app.goo.gl/3Aj5cS2yr1O2fenK2

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Scavenger Hunt - NEW JULY 18th - Register HERE! 10 years 7 months ago #116945

  • Whiplash
  • Whiplash's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Been Doomed since 1990!
  • Posts: 4234
  • Thank you received: 3010

SnidleyWhiplash wrote: IT HAS BEGUN!!! Scavenger Hunt will run from:

Thurs July 18th Noon EST - Monday July 22nd Noon EST


This scavenger hunt is a little different. You will need others to complete a lot of it so points will be awarded to all who are involved in making the items. For example, for planes on the carrier tower everyone on the tower gets points. The photographer sadly doesn't. The one with the most points wins!

Easy - 1 point each

1. Plane parked on runway tail up throttle on the t in throttle. This must be the first screen shot of your items. Any screen shots taken before this one will not count. It's how I make it all honest.

2. Inverted Chute - Shot of someone in an upside down chute

3. Fly through hangar. Must have shots of before, in hangar, and after plus a witness.

4. Mountain face landing. You must be stopped and parked on the vertical face of any mountain

5. Inverted plane flying over normal plane

Intermediate - 3 points each

6. Tank on carrier Tower

7. 100 kill game

8. Perfect Dogfight 15 kills 0 deaths

9. Plane Triangle - 3 planes with top wings formed to create a triangle. Wing tips must be no further than 1/2 wing span from each other

10. Plane Square - 4 planes with top wings formed to create a triangle. Wing tips must be no further than 1/2 wing span from each other

Advanced - 5 points each + Bonuses

11. Soldier on top of plane on top of tank (Bonus: any more items you can stack 3 points for each extra item)

12. Dogfight Triple Crown - hit a soldier in chute, a plane in the air and bomb a carrier or hangar with a single tank shot (Bonus: hit more items with the same shot, 5 points for each object hit. Must be plane, tank, soldier, carrier with bomb message, or hangar.)

13. Plane wing geometry - Create a Pentagram with top wings of planes as you did for numbers 9 and 10. (Bonus: if you can make a hexagon 6 pts, heptagon 7 pts, or an octagon 8pts)

14. As many planes on the tower as possible. Wig says 6 has been done. 1 point for every plane

15. As many tanks as possible on the carrier tower 2 points for every tank

16. Letters of the alphabet. Create letters of the alphabet with planes. Must be obvious what letter it is. Points will be given by the number of planes used to make it times 2.

17. Paul Mantz, Jr. AKA FlyMagic in disguise as 'Who developed AC current as opposed to DC as the norm?'

18. ParrotHead in disguise as any one of Jimmy Buffet's characters? You must hit him in plane AND in chute

https://photos.app.goo.gl/3Aj5cS2yr1O2fenK2

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Scavenger Hunt - TODAY! Post HERE to Register! 10 years 7 months ago #116946

  • Whiplash
  • Whiplash's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Been Doomed since 1990!
  • Posts: 4234
  • Thank you received: 3010

Digby wrote: Here is one more

Me on duckwing after landing

Got the other so you can see that the base is there so you can see where I am


Sorry Digby there is some confusion...I posted the list.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/3Aj5cS2yr1O2fenK2

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Scavenger Hunt - TODAY! Post HERE to Register! 10 years 7 months ago #116955

  • KpTNdIGbY
  • KpTNdIGbY's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't Even Try
  • Posts: 572
  • Thank you received: 286

SnidleyWhiplash wrote:

Digby wrote: Here is one more

Me on duckwing after landing

Got the other so you can see that the base is there so you can see where I am


Sorry Digby there is some confusion...I posted the list.


Oops didnt mean to post it
KpTNdIGbY

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by KpTNdIGbY.

Scavenger Hunt - TODAY! Post HERE to Register! 10 years 7 months ago #117006

  • Gnasher
  • Gnasher's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • It's today that counts
  • Posts: 430
  • Thank you received: 563
Closest i could get so far, maybe half a point?! Yemx and me forming 2 sides of triangle, wig arrived in position to complete it but yemx rolled away before I could take the photo! :side:
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: YEMX

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Scavenger Hunt - TODAY! Post HERE to Register! 10 years 7 months ago #117007

  • KpTNdIGbY
  • KpTNdIGbY's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't Even Try
  • Posts: 572
  • Thank you received: 286
I am actually not going to participate I am too busy too fly
KpTNdIGbY

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Scavenger Hunt - TODAY! Post HERE to Register! 10 years 7 months ago #117008

  • Gnasher
  • Gnasher's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • It's today that counts
  • Posts: 430
  • Thank you received: 563

Chocks Away wrote: Closest i could get so far, maybe half a point?! Yemx and me forming 2 sides of triangle, wig arrived in position to complete it but yemx rolled away before I could take the photo! :side:


Plus mountain face. Poor photo, took 20 attempts!
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Scavenger Hunt - TODAY! Post HERE to Register! 10 years 7 months ago #117014

  • Whiplash
  • Whiplash's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Been Doomed since 1990!
  • Posts: 4234
  • Thank you received: 3010

Chocks Away wrote: Closest i could get so far, maybe half a point?! Yemx and me forming 2 sides of triangle, wig arrived in position to complete it but yemx rolled away before I could take the photo! :side:


but it has to be made in the air. So one plane is horizontal, and two other planes are semi-inverted to create the other sides. If this is too tough I will accept ground formed shapes and letters if you have an aerial view and it looks close...sorry no points for this one.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/3Aj5cS2yr1O2fenK2

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Scavenger Hunt - TODAY! Post HERE to Register! 10 years 7 months ago #117015

  • Whiplash
  • Whiplash's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Been Doomed since 1990!
  • Posts: 4234
  • Thank you received: 3010

Digby wrote: I am actually not going to participate I am too busy too fly


Thanks too bad Digby...well it runs till Monday if you find some time.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/3Aj5cS2yr1O2fenK2

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Scavenger Hunt - TODAY! Post HERE to Register! 10 years 7 months ago #117017

  • Gizmo.
  • Gizmo.'s Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Posts: 641
  • Thank you received: 908
Three on carrier tower me doggiman and weed cant remember is full name hope its good enough .

Attachment not found

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Scavenger Hunt - TODAY! Post HERE to Register! 10 years 7 months ago #117018

  • Whiplash
  • Whiplash's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Been Doomed since 1990!
  • Posts: 4234
  • Thank you received: 3010

Chocks Away wrote:

Chocks Away wrote: Closest i could get so far, maybe half a point?! Yemx and me forming 2 sides of triangle, wig arrived in position to complete it but yemx rolled away before I could take the photo! :side:


Plus mountain face. Poor photo, took 20 attempts!


1 point!
https://photos.app.goo.gl/3Aj5cS2yr1O2fenK2

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Scavenger Hunt - TODAY! Post HERE to Register! 10 years 7 months ago #117021

  • Whiplash
  • Whiplash's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Been Doomed since 1990!
  • Posts: 4234
  • Thank you received: 3010

Digby wrote:

SnidleyWhiplash wrote:

Digby wrote: Here is one more

Me on duckwing after landing

Got the other so you can see that the base is there so you can see where I am


Sorry Digby there is some confusion...I posted the list.


Oops didnt mean to post it


What I meant is I think you are doing a different item list...that was the old one...I posted the new one for you all
https://photos.app.goo.gl/3Aj5cS2yr1O2fenK2

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Scavenger Hunt - TODAY! Post HERE to Register! 10 years 7 months ago #117022

  • Whiplash
  • Whiplash's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Been Doomed since 1990!
  • Posts: 4234
  • Thank you received: 3010

Wow great work so far everyone. Three comments, first please anyone who wants to start a hunt make sure you do item number 1 first to start the hunt. Noting else will count until you do. Second, the shapes and letters are to be formed while flying. If this is too hard I will count ground formed shapes and letters but you need an aerial shot so it looks like what you say it does. Also anyone doing it in the air will get double points. Lastly the tank shot is supposed to hit all 3, soldier plane and tank in one shot. So it has to show "shot in parachute by..., brought down by..., bombed by... one right after the other. If this is too hard I will accept a collection of all 3 as individual shots but again double points for those who do it in one shot.

Current Standings

Gizmo...............6
BTJ582.............3
Chocks Away....3
Anonymous C....1
Capt. Noush........DNQ
https://photos.app.goo.gl/3Aj5cS2yr1O2fenK2

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Scavenger Hunt - TODAY! Post HERE to Register! 10 years 7 months ago #117030

  • Gizmo.
  • Gizmo.'s Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Posts: 641
  • Thank you received: 908
Got two vertical mountain shots for you whip take your pick,one should be good enough I think,lol

Attachment not found



Attachment not found

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Scavenger Hunt - TODAY! Post HERE to Register! 10 years 7 months ago #117033

  • Whiplash
  • Whiplash's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Been Doomed since 1990!
  • Posts: 4234
  • Thank you received: 3010

1 point! Go Gizmo Go!
https://photos.app.goo.gl/3Aj5cS2yr1O2fenK2
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gizmo.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Scavenger Hunt - TODAY! Gizmo is in the lead! 10 years 7 months ago #117034

  • Whiplash
  • Whiplash's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Been Doomed since 1990!
  • Posts: 4234
  • Thank you received: 3010

I even edited the title for ya :)
https://photos.app.goo.gl/3Aj5cS2yr1O2fenK2
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gizmo.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Scavenger Hunt - TODAY! Gizmo is in the lead! 10 years 7 months ago #117037

  • Gizmo.
  • Gizmo.'s Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Posts: 641
  • Thank you received: 908
Not sure if this counts soldier tank and plane

Attachment not found



They have to be stacked like a sandwich or ice cream cone...so the plane should be being piggybacked by the tank and the soldier is like a cherry on top :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Whiplash.

Scavenger Hunt - TODAY! Post HERE to Register! 10 years 7 months ago #117041

  • Gnasher
  • Gnasher's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • It's today that counts
  • Posts: 430
  • Thank you received: 563

SnidleyWhiplash wrote:

Chocks Away wrote: Closest i could get so far, maybe half a point?! Yemx and me forming 2 sides of triangle, wig arrived in position to complete it but yemx rolled away before I could take the photo! :side:


but it has to be made in the air. So one plane is horizontal, and two other planes are semi-inverted to create the other sides. If this is too tough I will accept ground formed shapes and letters if you have an aerial view and it looks close...sorry no points for this one.


:blink: ok!

Can an item on the list be repeated for points?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Scavenger Hunt - TODAY! Post HERE to Register! 10 years 7 months ago #117042

  • Whiplash
  • Whiplash's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Been Doomed since 1990!
  • Posts: 4234
  • Thank you received: 3010

Chocks Away wrote:

SnidleyWhiplash wrote:

Chocks Away wrote: Closest i could get so far, maybe half a point?! Yemx and me forming 2 sides of triangle, wig arrived in position to complete it but yemx rolled away before I could take the photo! :side:


but it has to be made in the air. So one plane is horizontal, and two other planes are semi-inverted to create the other sides. If this is too tough I will accept ground formed shapes and letters if you have an aerial view and it looks close...sorry no points for this one.


:blink: ok!

Can an item on the list be repeated for points?


The only items I will count for repeats are the trophy kills of Paul and PH since that is just as hard each time.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/3Aj5cS2yr1O2fenK2
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Mantz, Jr., Gnasher

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Scavenger Hunt - TODAY! Gizmo is in the lead! 10 years 7 months ago #117056

  • BTJ582
  • BTJ582's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Posts: 1201
  • Thank you received: 2533
Morning Whip! Here are two:
Inverted chute


And upside down plane with plane flying underneath:





I am an ex-submarine sailor who has taken the battle to the sky.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Scavenger Hunt - TODAY! Gizmo is in the lead! 10 years 7 months ago #117070

  • Whiplash
  • Whiplash's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Been Doomed since 1990!
  • Posts: 4234
  • Thank you received: 3010

BTJ582 wrote: Morning Whip! Here are two:
Inverted chute


And upside down plane with plane flying underneath:


Nice 2 points! That puts you at 5 one point off the lead!
https://photos.app.goo.gl/3Aj5cS2yr1O2fenK2

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Scavenger Hunt - TODAY! Gizmo is in the lead! 10 years 7 months ago #117073

  • Captain Noushbag
  • Captain Noushbag's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • That's not flying, that's just falling with style
  • Posts: 856
  • Thank you received: 1228
Dam i'm DNQ'ed..that of course is not Did Not Qualify, no, that stands for Darn Noush Quit :woohoo: Shows how good I am at reading directions :whistle:

been Noushed lately?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.734 seconds