Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Just a thought

Just a thought 2 years 2 months ago #359184

• Mongo
  • Mongo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fly like its stolen shoot like you mean to keep it
  • Thank you received: 7201

I once spawned into a game as a noob. Almost as soon as i got off the ground here were 4 moms. Wig, Davy, Blue Max, and Martin. Blazing away. Down i go. Re-spawn, boom, down i go. They bombed my base. Boom, boom, boom, boom. I took off and fired a shot at them one off them turned and down i went again. Re-spawn, met the same ones, now reloaded about halfway. Boom down i go, re-spawn, boom down i go, might have hit one of them that time! Re-spawn, they coming over the ridge, boom, down again. Re-spawn, off the ground, boom, down. They bombed, game over. New game, here they come again.....
Now I dont tell this story to say that anybody was doing anything wrong, except me, for trying to shoot those guys down. Nor to try and say, those mean old moms, they flew as a group and kept killing me, it was unfair. Nope, the point is squads like to fly together. People would change sides to fly with their squad. OMG!!!
We liked uneven games. Some of the highest in game kill numbers came about as a result of uneven games.
Now to the point. We did not email zuperman crying about uneven games, we didnt cry on world chat about those mean old guys in that squad. Didnt go out and start forum threads to try and call out a squad for unfair play because they kicked our butts in short order. Nope we put on our big boy pants, got back in a plane, and kept trying. Even joined one of those squads that flew together and dominated games. Even had friends in other squads that we enjoyed seeing, usually more as blue than red!
Maybe its time to get the big boy pants out again.
Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or an idiot from any direction.
(.Y.)

https://i.imgur.com/HOCZxAd.jpg[ [img] i.imgur.com/HOCZxAd.jpg [
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]VonHuLK, [*M]ONSTER CANNON, ZebraUp, D- CC RIDER, T F K just me, WolfRider, andrew.stegemann, stegemann88, ~D*N~ | *ENOXX*!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Just a thought 2 years 2 months ago #359192

• [*M] MISFIT CROCKETT
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 13231
You know my memory is shot but I can still remember the very first time I spawned. I guess you never forget your first spawn. It was horrible, I had all these great players coming at me, wig, noushbag, parrot and a few others. It was bloody, real bloody ( for me anyhow) lol. It was great and instantly addicting. I don't recall anyone complaining much, about anything. I always loved being outnumbered. It was a challenge in those days.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mongo, [*M]VonHuLK, [*M]ONSTER CANNON, ZebraUp, D- CC RIDER, WolfRider, andrew.stegemann, ~D*N~ | *ENOXX*!

Just a thought 2 years 2 months ago #359194

• [*M]VonHuLK
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • BOOM Game Over...
  • Thank you received: 21502
I am with both of you, It is what kept me coming back and trying to figure out how to play this game. You either push through or quit and find a game that has NO challenge.

ALL IN 100%
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mongo, ZebraUp, D- CC RIDER, WolfRider, andrew.stegemann

Just a thought 2 years 2 months ago #359195

• [*M]Comet
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Take off eh!
  • Thank you received: 11938
Well said. Really wish my thank you button worked.

Cum canis mater vult mediocri ficedulae. Custodite animas vestras.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mongo, D- CC RIDER, T F K just me

Just a thought 2 years 2 months ago #359200

• ZebraUp
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Flying & Fighting with STYLE!
  • Thank you received: 4155

My first mission after reaching level 8 (finally out of the noob servers!) I spawned into a mission against Dr.Dave & Kero Zen & Vampyre (a.k.a. Archangel) and I got demolished beyond belief.. I was with another low ranking player and we never even GLIMPSED their hangars lol! If players today don't like uneven missions they should find another game more to their liking.. Win or lose I personally LUV being outnumbered..
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mongo, D- CC RIDER, T F K just me

Just a thought 2 years 2 months ago #359208

• D- CC RIDER
  • Never suffer fools lightly .
  • Thank you received: 6436
Wow Zeb , I remember Kero Zen , Blue Max , Jap Kuls , Wig, Rodama , And several others handing me my ass on a platter every time I spawned into a game . But I never gave up and in the end they started to tell me hey this guy might just make it one day . I guess I started in a different era to guys that complain about one sided games today .
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mongo, ZebraUp, T F K just me, WolfRider

Just a thought 2 years 2 months ago #359215

• Mongo

Da black mamba, your post was deleted because you choose to make a personal slur against Zebra Up. This thread will not be used for any personal attacks. Thank you for your attention to this matter, please do not attempt to repeat that behavior on any thread moderated by me.
Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or an idiot from any direction.
(.Y.)

The following user(s) said Thank You: ZebraUp, D- CC RIDER, T F K just me, {BLK}{WOLF}, WolfRider, DireWolf{WP}, andrew.stegemann

Just a thought 2 years 2 months ago #359219

• [*M] MISFIT CROCKETT
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 13231

TR wrote: Da black mamba, your post was deleted because you choose to make a personal slur against Zebra Up. This thread will not be used for any personal attacks. Thank you for your attention to this matter, please do not attempt to repeat that behavior on any thread moderated by me.

Bully:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: B) B) B) B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mongo, T F K just me

Just a thought 2 years 2 months ago #359220

• Mongo

Its easier for me to hit delete than for you to write anything.
(.Y.)

The following user(s) said Thank You: T F K just me, WolfRider

Just a thought 2 years 2 months ago #359223

• Thulsa Doom
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Doom knows.
  • Thank you received: 495
My first spawn in after noob servers is what got me started on my "poopyhead" list. First names down were TT, Spitfire, laughing gravy and special mention to charli8 for swapping to reds. I was outnumbered and I ate a whole lot of dirt that game. Couldn't get off the ground for a while. I was mad as heck and wanted blood. I eventually got it, and because it was never handed to me it felt great.
I've torn up the sky with my squad, I've been mercilessly shot by my squad, I've had my husband swap sides so we could square off and I've loved every minute of it.
Maybe it's just my experience, but as a woman I don't expect life to be fair.  Do guys learn something that we didn't?     I tell my kids all the time life isn't fair, and you can't expect anyone to make it fair for you.  Then I say "Suck it up buttercup".  We all got blown to smithereens as noobs, and within reason I do the same to noobs now, and they will too when their turn comes. It's that fire in the belly that challenges us to be better players, and how we face that challenge makes us stronger people.
*edit to add*
I also had a "non-poopyhead"list and I found note of a ctc game where I was outnumbered by Zebra and Swop. They took turns making me dizzy chasing them and never fired a shot while the other ran down the clock on the carriers. It was a good game and I don't think I ever thanked you for not killing me over and over like you easily could have..thanks Zeb.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mongo, ZebraUp, D- CC RIDER, SCAMPERS REVENGE, WolfRider

Last edit: by Thulsa Doom.

Just a thought 2 years 2 months ago #359228

• DA BLACK MAMBA
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 7
:)

Just a thought 2 years 2 months ago #359232

• Mongo

DA BLACK MAMBA wrote: :)

There, you see, you can learn to play nice.
(.Y.)

Just a thought 2 years 2 months ago #359236

• DireWolf{WP}
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • In all of us lies a wolf..waiting.
  • Thank you received: 2629
We all come to this game as a noob. Everyone of us.

My first games I was gunned down over and over too...by MoM's, Misfits etc.---heck, anyone who had figured out how to fly that plane took me out.

I remember I even shot one of my own Sq members and was called a 'noob'. Those were the days of challenges and hard work to learn this game. I've often thought about creating a new account just to fight hard again.

Want to get better, get your virtual bum back in the plane and keep flying. Eventually some of the top players offered me valuable advice. And I greatly appreciated that and still do to this day. I pass it on to other new players.

I like those games where you see a sea of red and take few down with you!

Just a thought 2 years 2 months ago #359237

• Mongo

Apparently you cant play nice for any length of time. My button is always gonna have the last word with you. Perhaps you should read the terms of service for this forum.
(.Y.)

Just a thought 2 years 2 months ago #359238

• [*M]ONSTER CANNON
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9173
You all are bullies to me :woohoo: :whistle:
The following user(s) said Thank You: DireWolf{WP}

Just a thought 2 years 2 months ago #359239

• Thulsa Doom
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Doom knows.
  • Thank you received: 495

[*M]ONSTER CANNON wrote: You all are bullies to me :woohoo: :whistle:

Oh please Monzie, I know your rise to MORAF put many holes in my plane. ;)

Last edit: by Thulsa Doom.

Just a thought 2 years 2 months ago #359244

• [*M]ONSTER CANNON
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9173

Thulsa Doom wrote:

[*M]ONSTER CANNON wrote: You all are bullies to me :woohoo: :whistle:

Oh please Monzie, I know your rise to MORAF put many holes in my plane. ;)

LOL my plane has so many holes, no need for AC

Just a thought 2 years 2 months ago #359245

• [NLR] McFate
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Don't believe everything you think.
  • Thank you received: 5369
I recently started playing another on-line game. It has chat (with profanity filters) but no forum. Honestly it's refreshing to play a game where people come to play as hard as they can with whatever skill they have or whatever strategies may occur to them without having to deal with complainers. Noobs get their butts kicked until they figure things out. On the other hand there is no "community" unless you join a clan and exchange info privately.

The Dogfight community is great for many reasons but it is also a mixed bag. I enjoy it when I've got time, it was great when my kids were here, but I have gone through times where I have spent way too much time here escaping from the real world at the expense of family and business. For now I find it more satisfying to just jump in and play a knock-down drag-out game against others looking for the same and then get back to work.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mongo, [*M]ONSTER CANNON

Just a thought 2 years 2 months ago #359463

• stegemann88
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11
I pretty much agree with everyone in here. Just come play a game, have fun. If you get irritated at something, just turn it off. Come back when the flames are gone.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mongo, D- CC RIDER, WolfRider, andrew.stegemann

• Page:
Moderators: D-walleyeBStrachanD- CC RIDERMongoSharp ShooterDARK=X=RAIN248
Time to create page: 0.311 seconds