Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

The Official WOLF.PACK Squadron page 5 years 8 months ago #373461

• Viper10{WP}
  • Viper10{WP}'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Tip of the spear
  • Thank you received: 7914

Wow, that looks like it was a whale of a game right there. Those are the fun ones, at least until someone comes along and is having "fun" (only for themselves) and ends it too soon.

Interesting to me how some folks who fly for "fun" will not play at all without some kind of an advantage. Selfish? That's the word I would use. "Fun for me, not for all" mentality is, in my opinion, childish. (wait, that's another word I would use!) Oh well.......

Tree is already maxed out on his stars at 5. I was thinking perhaps hashmarks to indicate 5 stars, then we could keep adding. Something like "DireWolf/**" would show 7 total awards. DireWolf// would be 10 total. So you would run up to four *'s, and on your fifth add a / and delete all the stars. Make sense?

The hard part would be finding out who, like JB, Tree, and Perry, has more than 5 stars at this point so the proper awards designator could be attached to their names.

United We Prowl/Together We Howl
The following user(s) said Thank You: DireWolf{WP****}

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Viper10{WP}.

The Official WOLF.PACK Squadron page 5 years 8 months ago #373471

• |*|Tree|*|Hełł|*|NC|*|{WP}|*|
  • Lord Reaper of WS
  • Thank you received: 150

Thanks for posting that dire. I almost feel like the pure traditionalist vehemently arguing a mute point when it comes to tha kind of Bs. The pilots like me, you, the rest of our squad play for the love of the planes, community, the game itself through thick and thin it’s just fun. Then you have the people that answer to no one, have their own code and play their own game which I’ve expounded on in great detail lol. Even though I find that obnoxious and distasteful...trashy in other words, I know that those people love the game, but are not beholden to any kind of shared code or unwritten law that this game has materialized on its own through the years. The two lines of thought more or less is how I see the game. I was gonna add, “the people that just wanna win or the weekend warriors who play every now and then, but more or less iits the aforementioned 2 diff ways to play that I think is the game rite now. The key difference being: it’s not just the random 1-2 people that play by their own code, it’s 35-40% of the players now. I believe this is because of what I’ve stated before: you start new, you want to find a niche so you don’t suck. So you sneak, you drop, you do shady crap in order to gain some form of advantage cause you like the game..but going 2-33 against the same A-hole nite after nite gets old. Then next thing you know your either good enough to fire and play with the adults or you buy a WW2 and take your, “niche” to the next level. I’ve played in games with 6 people in em and been the only one to even attempt to kill anyone or be in WW1. They just tried to loop bomb each other the whole game. I mean if the game trend that way completely, then you’ll see more and more people stop playing..especially if conn problems persist. But I guess camping is the other favorite past time of today’s more prominent WW2 players. And that’s why I believe it’s more of a code vs non code type deal. You got people that would prefer to play 1 one hour match with lots of action. Or you’d have people that prefer to just win at all cost to get on to the next match, but those same ppl generally fall into the side of things not beholden to any form of chivalry, class, or sportsmanship. The more those type of players are the best and most popular in the skies..the more noobs will think that’s acceptable and the chivalric code as we know it will come to an end. But honestly when was the last time you played in a game vs the Fokker mono plane with a green as it gets noob? I honestly couldn’t tell you...the ones I do see are trying to loop around me in a jet...

I’m just gonna keep playing, and pray the game grows or at least finds a more consistent base of people playing. Even though chivalry and class is waning from our virtual skies...I reckon I still prefer shooting down reds to much else.. aaaaaawwwwoooooo
The following user(s) said Thank You: Viper10{WP}

The Official WOLF.PACK Squadron page 5 years 8 months ago #373476

• DireWolf{WP****}
  • Thank you received: 4958
You're welcome brother, Tree.

I like what you wrote in the "No Jet Sunday". It is only when the great majority of players speak up against poor play that things change. I've been here for years and watched a few lose legit status in game by poor play. We've even had a couple here in WP and united we gave them the boot. Rare, but happens.

Agree with what you said here--class and sportsmanship mean a great deal. When you lose it, it's damn hard to gain it back.

On a happy Wolf subject, I like Skippers '//' for those of you beyond 5 stars. You, Perry and JB are the candidates.

oOOOOOOOOOOooooooooOOOOOOOooooooooOOOOoooOOOOO
The following user(s) said Thank You: Viper10{WP}, Cypher7{WP}

The Official WOLF.PACK Squadron page 5 years 8 months ago #373482

• Viper10{WP}
  • Tip of the spear

What I am hearing, or not hearing, are complaints about experienced players visiting the noob server and racking up points by slaughtering noobs. That goes to show that when folks speak up things can change around here. Kudos to AG and all the squads who opted out of the squad wars competition.

I don't have a good answer for how to instill fair play and chivalry back into the game. I do know that our very own Sid flies a jet fairly regularly and none of us have seen him loop even though he very well could. Sid doesn't exploit his obvious and decisive advantage like others who fly their ww2 planes. It shows a great deal of class on Sid's part and sets the example for others.

Everyone who plays this game wants to win, sure. However there comes a time where it is wise to put aside doing what is good for just ourselves and start thinking about what is good for the whole game. How can we make the game we are in fun for all players, not just ourselves? If all of us, the dogfight community as a whole, would start approaching the game with that in mind perhaps we can rebuild this game to what it once was. Tree is right, too many folks will spawn in to a game with all ww1 players in a ww2 plane, get the win and by doing so ruin the game for everyone who had been playing up to that point. Extremely selfish and does nothing to promote this game.

Squad leaders and experienced players should be addressing this type of play, however it seems the issue is being ignored, and possibly even encouraged. Shame on us.

Unfortunately you cannot teach or enforce sportsmanship.

I will add I am proud of each and every Wolf. Not only are we not part of the problem, we all play with the same fair play mindset which I feel is healthy for the game as a whole. I know you wolves all feel the same way, otherwise you wouldn't be here.

BZ Wolf Pack!

oooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooowwwwwwww

The following user(s) said Thank You: DireWolf{WP****}, Skeeter72{WP}, Cypher7{WP}

Last edit: by Viper10{WP}.

The Official WOLF.PACK Squadron page 5 years 8 months ago #373488

• Alex Galt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 3775
The following user(s) said Thank You: Viper10{WP}, DireWolf{WP****}

Last edit: by Alex Galt.

The Official WOLF.PACK Squadron page 5 years 8 months ago #373491

• Viper10{WP}
  • Tip of the spear

Pink eye? Ouch!

The following user(s) said Thank You: DireWolf{WP****}, Alex Galt

The Official WOLF.PACK Squadron page 5 years 8 months ago #373496

• Lord Reaper of WS

What is/was squad wars? I had a lot of people in black dragons ask me if I was doing it a while back but had no idea what they were talking about. And what is the noob server? Does it still exist? I thought there was like only 1 or 2 nowadays.. I think people love winning..but I also thing people like reputation as well. Last night in a game with Sid his team switched to jets when they began to lose. 2 players. Sid and Dinesh stuck it out, but 2 of their guys left, got in their jets and came back to loop bomb. For whatever reason I didn’t drop, didn’t cheat or anything, but just kinda went off on them and they went about 0-40 in their jets doing bomb runs, the rest of my team talked so much trash to them for doing it that they eventually just left. They came back and tried again, but it got ugly..they had NO answer for us. Eventually Sid and Dinesh went down with the ship and we won. But that alone is a testament to what I’m trying to say, cause those 2 players and their jets have singlehandedly dominated games now for months and months with loop bombing,..but last nite they started in WW1. So some form of something made them do that. Then they switched, and got reamed for it. Verbally by my team, then I got my AG on and just ruined their life for 20 mins. But it ended the jets for the nite. That should be a microcosm of what the game ona macro level needs to be..I’m not saying to shame people to death and follow them exclusively just cause they’re in jets. I just mean that the collective sentiment was that, they sucked and they deserved what they got. More or less a subjective yet transparent platform to expose those individuals while celebrating the ones people really respect could be a platform to do that..but not if it embarrasses or demoralizes individuals to the point they don’t want to play.

I think maybe you have the purists, the people whom have their own code, and then you got the people that just accept it. Monty would be a good ex. Of this. As he will deride people for camping or dropping, yet praise those individuals if they’re on his own team. Yet I know he loves playing. And have no quarrel with him. I feel that I’m somewhere between that group and the purist group. Idc about the planes as much as I do the players and their tactics. I think it’s okay to be unique and have your own style. But to the point of ruining someone else’s game cause of your overwhelming advantage just isn’t cool. The people that stick to their own code and answer to no one will never see it that way. But the ones kinda in the middle will hopefully trend more toward the purist view than the other,

The Official WOLF.PACK Squadron page 5 years 8 months ago #373497

• Lord Reaper of WS

It’s like a battle for the lost souls of dog fight lol...if people didn’t know what we were talking about haha

The Official WOLF.PACK Squadron page 5 years 8 months ago #373499

• Cypher7{WP}
  • Thank you received: 4939

The Official WOLF.PACK Squadron page 5 years 8 months ago #373500

• Cypher7{WP}

The Official WOLF.PACK Squadron page 5 years 8 months ago #373501

• Cypher7{WP}

The Official WOLF.PACK Squadron page 5 years 8 months ago #373502

• Cypher7{WP}

The Official WOLF.PACK Squadron page 5 years 8 months ago #373503

• Cypher7{WP}

The Official WOLF.PACK Squadron page 5 years 8 months ago #373504

• Cypher7{WP}

The Official WOLF.PACK Squadron page 5 years 8 months ago #373505

• Cypher7{WP}

The Official WOLF.PACK Squadron page 5 years 8 months ago #373506

• Cypher7{WP}

The Official WOLF.PACK Squadron page 5 years 8 months ago #373507

• Cypher7{WP}

The Official WOLF.PACK Squadron page 5 years 8 months ago #373508

• Cypher7{WP}

The Official WOLF.PACK Squadron page 5 years 8 months ago #373509

• Cypher7{WP}

The Official WOLF.PACK Squadron page 5 years 8 months ago #373510

• Cypher7{WP}

This ground support Jet Nicknamed the Warthog was something else to watch. It must have made the enemies blood freeze in fear

The Official WOLF.PACK Squadron page 5 years 8 months ago #373511

• Cypher7{WP}

The Official WOLF.PACK Squadron page 5 years 8 months ago #373512

• Cypher7{WP}

I was really proud to get a chance to meet this American Fighter Pilot. Thanking him for his service and for visiting Canada , USA and Canada together,Allies and Free

The Official WOLF.PACK Squadron page 5 years 8 months ago #373513

• Cypher7{WP}

The Official WOLF.PACK Squadron page 5 years 8 months ago #373514

• Cypher7{WP}

The Official WOLF.PACK Squadron page 5 years 8 months ago #373515

• Cypher7{WP}
The air show was the highlight of my summer. I would like to thank all the American service women and men that made the trip north of the border to support the Abbotsford BC air show. The Blue Angels made there last show here 11 years ago and was also there only Canadian stop this summer. What a treat. I was very emotional taking time to thank all service men and women from both countries. Taking time to hear there stories and where the have been deployed to serve. The love of Aviation still seems to be the dominant force for fans and service personal alike. These people are the best of the best, Thankyou so much. I hope you all enjoy my photos.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwoooooooooooooo
The following user(s) said Thank You: Viper10{WP}, Skeeter72{WP}

The Official WOLF.PACK Squadron page 5 years 8 months ago #373518

• Alex Galt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 3775
wow CYPHER those photo's are awesome your better them me bro you are a pro and PS take a look at the wolf with the red eye's bud are are seeing my dark side now lol
The following user(s) said Thank You: Viper10{WP}, Cypher7{WP}

The Official WOLF.PACK Squadron page 5 years 8 months ago #373519

• Cypher7{WP}

Alex Galt wrote: wow CYPHER those photo's are awesome your better them me bro you are a pro and PS take a look at the wolf with the red eye's bud are are seeing my dark side now lol

Thanks Alex. It was a real fun day

The Official WOLF.PACK Squadron page 5 years 8 months ago #373521

• DireWolf{WP****}
  • Thank you received: 4958

Cypher7{WP} wrote:

Cy bro, those pics are incredible! Looks like a great day.

I know what you're thinking in this pic---you want to climb in that sweet WWI plane and fly the unfriendly skies.That's what I would be thinking.

Thanks for sharing those!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooOOOOOOOOooooooOOOOOOOOOOooooooOOOOOooooooOOOOOOO

The Official WOLF.PACK Squadron page 5 years 8 months ago #373522

• Skeeter72{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Everyone has a plan, untill punched in the mouth.
  • Thank you received: 1949
Hell yeaaaah bro.....
Thanks for sharing.
ahHWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooowww

"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his". - George Patton
The following user(s) said Thank You: Viper10{WP}, DireWolf{WP****}

The Official WOLF.PACK Squadron page 5 years 8 months ago #373527

• Viper10{WP}
  • Tip of the spear

Cypher7{WP} wrote:

Alex Galt wrote: wow CYPHER those photo's are awesome your better them me bro you are a pro and PS take a look at the wolf with the red eye's bud are are seeing my dark side now lol

Thanks Alex. It was a real fun day

Looks like a great time Cy! I love a good airshow.

The following user(s) said Thank You: DireWolf{WP****}

Moderators: Viper10{WP}DireWolf{WP****}Grandpappy 9+1 {WP}pinkstar30{BLK}{WOLF}Dunc7Sid Dickless WPCypher7{WP}..OWL..{WP*}
Time to create page: 0.814 seconds