TOPIC: The People's Democratic Rebublic of Mean Old Men

The People's Democratic Rebublic of Mean Old Men 6 years 2 months ago #23185

• [e]FlyMagic
  • [e]FlyMagic's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • DECEASED
  • Thank you received: 153

Citizenship in The People’s Democratic Republic of M.O.M is by invitation only, although unsolicited applications for entrance Visa are welcome. Applications for entrance Visa will be reviewed by the Council of Ministers during its meetings in the Star Chamber. There are no Exit Visas in The People’s Democratic Republic of M.O.M. Applications for entrance visa will be submitted to the Ministry of Immigration via the email link below. Applications for entrance visa take anywhere from 5 minutes to 5 months to process. The Council of Ministers is very busy with its endeavors in world domination, we will get around to you if and when we friggin feel like it, so just hold your breath, or whatever you’re most comfortable holding, until you’ve heard from The People’s Democratic Republic of M.O.M. You are also encouraged to post a greeting on the thread, but only emails submitted here will be considered applications for entrance visa.

Yes! I have been invited to apply for citizenship in The People’s Democratic Republic of M.O.M! Yay me! I will now submit my application here:
[/b]This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
If you rather feel you wanna belong to our sister squads...
squads that merge into the Mighty M.O.M Nation
join
Cavaliers M.O.M or Embers of * M.O.M*

Required information:
Name of sponsor, your first name, in-game name, forum name, age, location, credit card number, bank information and DNA sample. We would like to know if you have belonged to any other squads, or if you have used any other names. Also include a bit about yourself, and why in this or any mans hell you would want to become a citizen of The People’s Democratic Republic of M.O.M

Council of Ministers

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Top 100 Pilots 2017-06

Dentihead—Brett—PA, USA
GIZMO:)—Kevin—South Yorkshire, UK
suxxor—greg— San Diego, CA USA
Frank Baracca—Paolo—Cesena, Italy
Kiwi.Bilko-Kevin-Wellington, New Zeeland
Marko99—Mark—Geneva, Switzerland
Hansone—Scott—upstate sticks, NY USA
Jasta 1-Olli-Cologne,Germany
Doggy Dix--Johannes--Sodermanland, Sweeden
RAZ--Dave--
Cricket--Chuck--Detroit, MI USA
Buckgeo-Jeff--Ottawa, Ontario CAN
ONE KILL-Jay Henry-Philadelphia, USA
bts_-- Simon—Pembrokeshire, UK
Acefreely--Dennis--Harrah, OK USA
Royal Dutch Joke--Frank--The Netherlands
Husky Dog--Dave--Denver, CO USA
Dognamitt-Roy-Toronto,Canada
ZIRIG-Fabio-Brasil

Current Census

GHOSTRIDER1—Brad—Olney, TX USA
TX LAWMAN—Chris—Denton, TX USA
Blue Max Stock—Rod—Santiago, Chile
Dannydrooler—Dan—Berkeley, CA USA
GIZMO:)—Kevin—South Yorkshire, UK
Patrice71—Patrice—Brittany, France
Poc96—Pat—Chicago, IL USA
bts_-- Simon—Pembrokeshire, UK
suxxor—Greg— San Diego, CA USA
Frank Baracca—Paolo—Cesena, Italy
Cricket--Chuck--Detroit, MI USA
Buckgeo/--Jeff--Ottawa, Ontario CAN
Marko99—Mark—Geneva, Switzerland
CRAZYWOLF KANE—MICHAEL KANE—Bury St. Edmunds, UK
RAZ--Dave--
kraut killer--Craig--Cornwall, UK
Radamache
Doggy Dix--Johannes--Sodermanland, Sweden
King Flooch--Andrew--UK
Royal Dutch Joke--Frank--The Netherlands
French Kriss--Kriss Hunter--Paris, France
Gustavo Fire--Italy
dougerace--Doug--IN USA
KPT BOMBA--Piotr--Warsaw, Poland
BurbonBallz
Acefreely--Dennis--Harrah, OK USA
Flyin SOB--Rick--Fox River Grove, IL USA
Husky Dog--Dave--Denver, CO USA
Dognamitt--Roy--Toronto, Canada
Jasta- Olli -Cologne, Germany
ONE KILL-Jay Henry-Philadelphia, USA
Kiwi.Bilko-Kevin-Wellington,New Zeeland
(E) SHOTUP[81]
Mike Hammer-Luke-Chicago,USA
Gibson Hawk- Luke-Good Year, AZ US

M.I.A M.O.Ms
(Tagless Pilots)

Wig!

ZIRIG-Fabio-Brasil
Tigeraugen-Daniel-Bamberg,Germany
Nightorado-- Willie--Philadelphia, PA USA
Lesa--Lesa--Tokyo, Japan
Damerei--Tom--London, UK
Noob Goblin--Chris--CA USA
Dogknobbler
Bob Locks--John--UK
Screaming Eagle--Jacob
<<<PAWS>>>
Cannonfodder
Borac
Wilt243rd
Primal--Matt--Sacramento, CA USA
Nebular--John--Coos Bay, OR USA
.bee
Yakuza—Pete—Brisbane AUS
Dragon800—Scott—Vail, CO USA
Maki Boy—Marcus—Huskvarna Sweeden
flybot—Bill—Des Moines, IA USA
Rudolf Rednose—Ed--The Netherlands
Jet12345--Halle—Denton, TX USA
Hornswoggler—Eric—St. Mary’s, GA USA
Hornswoggler Jr.—Eric Jr.—St. Mary’s, GA USA
Goddo—David—Nottingham UK
Xtreme1--JC—USA
YEMX—Brian—Moyock, NC USA
Tinkerhell—Bellsaj—Anders—Umea Sweeden
J4FF—Giovanni—Newcastle UK
Zandor Hawke—Rob—Fort Worth, TX USA
The striker—Kyle—USA
Yjedimasteryod4Y—Martin—NJ USA
Pablo of Harlem—Paul—New York, NY USA
Jans79—Jan—Slovenia
.O OBrian257—Brian—Green Cove Springs, FL USA
Sgt. York—Ted—Bloomington, IL USA
VikingX
Smittystyle—Shane—Minneapolis, MN USA
Teganap
Pyrate--Michael--USA
Plus . One
Squeak--George--Sacramento,CA USA
^^!Mr. Lee!^^--Wallace--Auburn, ME USA
Mad War Poodle--Glen/Marty
Range
Sputnik--Jesus--Calumet City, IL USA
SpooF--Marvin
wiskers--Crozier--AZ USA
Dr Love--Dbader--Darren--Birmingham UK
Red Baron 1--Etienne--The Netherlands
mjm6809--Micah--CA USA
Shing72
guam707
DEECEE—Dee—Scottsdale, AZ USA
FLYMAGIC—Paul—Newport, RI USA
Butterfly—Shqiptar—Stockholm Sweeden
Bayou dog—Josh—New Orleans, LA USA
Big Tex—Hal—San Antonio, TX USA
fredneck—IL USA
oO Jetmaroo Oo
!Zecke!—Rafael—Hamburg Germany
Farkinell—Jamie—Northland New Zealand
Atilla--Erik--Maastricht--Netherlands
Net Redding—Rick—Redding, CA USA
Schnelly--Schnelli
Lapa—Andrey—Moscow Russia
.ktheo.—Keith—UK
Flyingmuck—John—Peterborough, Cambridgeshire UK
KA5EY—Greg—Roanoke, VA USA
Ronnie Biggs—Rob—AUS
Delfi+
D I E S E L—Kemer—Spring Valley, WI USA
Blobularz—Simeon—Wailua, HI USA
Dentihead—Brett—PA USA
Beatea—Tom—Jenks, OK USA
RiC0—Mavrk—Al—Wichita, KS USA
Bricksalvage—Tom—Chicago, IL USA
McCudden—John—Middlesbrough UK
Hansone—Scott—upstate sticks, NY USA
Von 0 Len—Len—Quartz Hill, CA USA
M. Penalba—Moo Pen—Mauricio—Nicaragua
Blue Max

M.O.Mstitution and Bill of Rights :

Amendment 1 You have no friggin rights, and there are no laws in The People’s Democratic Republic of M.O.M

Amendment 2 There is no lying in The People’s Democratic Republic of M.O.M

Amendment 3 Amendment 2 is a lie.

Amendment 4 Citizens of The People’s Democratic Republic of M.O.M will exhibit blind obedience and undying loyalty at all times, failure to do so will result in lockdown at the Gulag or public execution.

Amendment 5 Language; we encourage the use of language in The People’s Democratic Republic of M.O.M hand gestures don’t work well online.

Amendment 7 No citizen of The People’s Democratic Republic of M.O.M will engage in team killing, spawn killing, flag sitting, spawn raping, flag hiding, farming or tank glitching. We regard these practices as weak, dishonorable, cowardly, gutless and moronic, no citizen engages in them more than once or twice per mission.

Amendment 8 Any citizen who doesn’t show up on time for his shift will be docked half a day’s pay. Half of f@#kall adds up fast. Keep this in mind when your crack dealer or The Minister of Finance comes around to collect.

Amendment 9 All citizens of The People’s Democratic Republic of M.O.M must be courteous and polite to fellow players. Say “Thank you very much” after shooting someone down. If it happens to be a player you despise, say “Thank you so much you miserable mother@#king son of a b*tch,” then shoot him on the ground and say “Get the hell off my lawn!”

Amendment 10 All citizens will adhere to the M.O.M. principles of flight as follows – if its red, kill it, fly at least a little above the ground, if its red kill it.

Amendment 11 In Dogfight A.K.A. free for all missions, citizens of The People’s Democratic Republic of M.O.M may choose to refrain from shooting other citizens. Rule 11 is the call, ok, roger or piss of you die are all acceptable responses. This is not a requirement of citizenship, merely one of the pleasant aspects of being a citizen of The People’s Democratic Republic of M.O.M. If you wish to kill fellow citizens, good luck with that, but do not kill another citizen without first declaring your compliance with amendment 11 or lack thereof. Some citizens of The People’s Democratic Republic of M.O.M treat Dogfight missions as the closest we’ll ever get to squad wars without the use of hallucinogens. We are a team, a nation unto ourselves, it’s nice to play as such once in a while .

Age and other Requirements for citizenship in The People’s Democratic Republic of M.O.M

Pilots applying for entrance visas must be between the ages of 21 and 121. Unless you’re really good then you could be 3 and we wouldn’t give a rat’s ascot.

For the most part, the citizens of The People’s Democratic Republic of M.O.M are in their 30’s, 40’s, 50’s, 60’s, 70’s after which we stop counting and forget what we had for lunch.

Anyone of any age may apply for an entrance Visa. A select few underage pilots will be admitted as prodigy citizens, and will generally be treated like dirt. Children, spouses, and relatives of citizens of M.O.M. will be admitted instantaneously as Legacy Citizens and treated even worse.

Applications for Visa will be subject to review by the Council of Ministers consisting of :
In case of an 8-7 tie the applicant will have the tie breaking vote, and the vote will be a compulsory undecided in absentia.

Applications should be submitted in the form of a hand written email on poster paper with many decorations and embellishments, using paint, colored pencil, crayon, or the blood of a redheaded virgin. Some form of death must be incorporated into the imagery. In addition a forum post containing the words “Hey you old clowns can I join?” will also be required.

Bribery is encouraged and will almost certainly get you in. Cash is preferred but hookers, crack, liquor, DVD’s (given our age we prefer DVD’s of the Golden Girls, Matlock, JAG, and Walker Texas Ranger, if you’ve never heard of any of these you’re too young for M.O.M.) , or virgins (with blood still intact) will be considered. GHOSTRIDER1 likes brunettes with ample behinds, Ka5ey likes guns and ammunition, and TXLawman will want an expensive bottle of whiskey. Guns. Ammo.(don't tell Ronnie) Broads. Liquor. We're easy to please.

If you believe that a game can be played with utmost respect, honor and dignity…..you’ve lost the point. And you’ve lost the word game. We have something you can salute right here. If, however, you believe in the spirit of friendly competition, competitive goofiness, and goofy friendliness and you can spell “in”, then you’re practically in. Above all The People’s Democratic Republic of M.O.M is dedicated to the proposition of having fun, even if that means killing you. There isn’t much we wouldn’t do for a chuckle and watching your flesh burn in a plane made of wood and paper is high on the list. Become one of us or risk utter and complete annihilation at the hands and feet, especially the feet of the citizens of The People’s Democratic Republic of M.O.M. We can be your best friends or your worst enemies. You decide.

M.O.Mmunist M.O.Mifesto

We, the citizens of The People’s Democratic Republic of M.O.M, The Mean Old Men, dedicate ourselves with blind obedience to the following principles:

We don’t know what principles are, so none of these are likely to be one.

We take everything about The People’s Democratic Republic of M.O.M really really really really really really really seriously.

There is no humor in The People’s Democratic Republic of M.O.M. It’s not funny!

There are no exit Visas in the Peoples Democratic Republic of M.O.M. You cannot leave. If you do leave, you should change your name and run for your life.

Intolerance will not be tolerated. No player, person, or pixel, is too white, too black, too large, too small, too male, female, advanced or insignificant to be filled with the lead from our planes. All citizens of The People’s Democratic Republic of M.O.M are equal, all are all dead in the eyes of The People’s Democratic Republic of M.O.M

Citizenship age restrictions must always be observed and enforced. Therefore, any player found to be of any age will be killed by The People’s Democratic Republic of M.O.M

If you speak to other players with disrespect, rudeness, cruelty, or hatred, the citizens of The People’s Democratic Republic of M.O.M will hunt you down and destroy you. And laugh without saying LOL. It’s a sardonic evil laugh, not a funny laugh. There is no humor in The People’s Democratic Republic of M.O.M

There are no exit Visas. Blood in blood out b*tch.

There are no such words as: LOL, ROFLMAO, Prolly, CYA, THX, or SRY. Use them and you will be killed by the citizens of The People’s Democratic Republic of M.O.M. Unless you are in a citizen then you can say whatever you please.

The People’s Democratic Republic of M.O.M decrees all twelve year olds must die.

The People’s Democratic Republic of M.O.M decrees all thirteen year olds must die.

The People’s Democratic Republic of M.O.M decrees all fourteen year olds………..you can see where this is going.

Get the hell off our lawn!

There is no pie in The People’s Democratic Republic of M.O.M. There is only cake. Unless it’s Boston Crème Pie, which IS cake. The People’s Democratic Republic of M.O.M will turn a blind eye to savory pies included but not limited to, Shepard's, Chicken Pot, and Kidney. As a desert pie, the illegal consumption of mince meat pie will be prosecuted to the full extent of the MOMstitution.

All those who observe the M.O.M. squad tag in combat and who do not themselves, bear said tag must immediately autodestroy. Any citizen who observes a non-citizen not auto destroying after observing a citizen of The People’s Democratic Republic of M.O.M, must immediately manually destroy the non-citizen. There are no exceptions except as stipulated in amendment 6 of the M.O.Mstitution.

Cake tastes good.

The Peoples Democratic Republic of M.O.M does not maintain an independent website because The People’s Democratic Republic of M.O.M does not care enough. Nobody would visit the site, because all of Citizens of The People’s Democratic Republic of M.O.M are much too mean. Websites are for the young. Murdering the young without needing a website is for The People’s Democratic Republic of M.O.M

Kool-aid tastes like Crap. Kool-Aid is for kids. There are no kids in The People’s Democratic Republic of M.O.M. There is no Kool-aid in The People’s Democratic Republic of M.O.M

Citizens of The People’s Democratic Republic of M.O.M acknowledge their pseudo siblinghood in the skies and pledge themselves with blind obedience to uphold the principle (without knowing what a principle is) that M.O.M. does not suck, but you, if you are not a M.O.M, suck

Howling and/or growling like a canine or a dinosaur via the use of text is stupid.

Religious zealotry will not be tolerated in The People’s Democratic Republic of M.O.M. If you are a Muslim, M.O.M. will throw a Christian at you and kill you. If you are a Jew, M.O.M. will hit you over the head with a Hindu and kill you. M.O.M. will beat a protestant to death, using a Catholic as a club. We accept all faiths, philosophies, lifestyles, preferences, and we kill them . Buddhists get a pass on this one because they’re nice.

In summary; the citizens of The People’s Democratic Republic of M.O.M. patrol he skies of Dogfight, the tiny game with the long list of squadrons that so far don’t do anything, killing everything young, hateful, cruel, disrespectful, or alive. Especially young things. M.O.M. hates those the most. Young things put The People’s Democratic Republic of M.O.M in a bad mood..

World Chat is stupid.

We the pilot citizens of The People’s Democratic Republic of M.O.M fight for truth, justice, and the Mean Old Man way. Now get the hell off our lawn! Don’t make us tell you twice.

SENTENCED TO DEATH
Former Citizens marked for death by The Ministry of Justice for various crimes against The State
sargent awsome--- Left Mom
Rage . --- for language to salty, even M.O.M
Jheff-- for leaving The Republic
BStrachan-B4n5517--- Left Mom
Lucienmike-- for leaving The Republic
Wildcat-- for leaving The Republic
Vanessa Hunter-, lack of loyalty
RRR- lack of loyalty / leaving the Republic

THE GULAG
Political prisioners marked for public execution, for trying to leave The People's Democratic Republic of M.O.M. These death sentences have been commuted to life, by The M.o.M in lieu of Public Execution.

sargent awesome--Good Behavior
BStrachan-B4n5517--Founding Member/ Too Hard to Execute

NATIONAL HEROES OF THE M.O.MMUNIST PARTY
In Memoriam
Gone But Not Forgotten

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
The following user(s) said Thank You: blobularz, [e]Sputnik, Paul Mantz, Jr., The striker16, bts, YEMX, Gizmo., KA5EY, GHOSTRIDER1, CRAZYWOLF and this user have 18 others thankyou

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by Doggy Dix.

The People's Democratic Rebublic of Mean Old Men 6 years 2 months ago #23226

• SB467
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 96
I'm not over 50, but pretty close so I thought I'd pitch in.
I have over 20 years of military flying under my belt...
Don't know if I can help you against the 12-year-olds (they're too dang'ed quick), but I'm always here for support...

I love this game, too. Addicting!!

Good luck to you! Hope to see you over no-man's-land, my friend.

SB
The following user(s) said Thank You: [e]FlyMagic, new jersey devil, [*M] GAW, ~~~°°~~~, Raz, MutedBader*

The People's Democratic Rebublic of Mean Old Men 6 years 2 months ago #23294

• BStrachan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 658

Ian 45 and I love this game I have played ever flyt game since the first but this is so much fun and very realistic in the movement of the plain. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gizmo., todde, [*M]Destroyer24, [*M] GAW, ~~~°°~~~, Gustavo fire

The People's Democratic Rebublic of Mean Old Men 6 years 1 month ago #27780

• beatea
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 729
..flying as Beatea...59 going on 19. Have a lifelong love affair with flight (sorry, private license only...long since lost in afile cabinet with my son's schoolwork. Not sure being crafty and slow can compete with youthful vision and reflexes but I still love this game...controls are response are very familiar and overall it is great when everyone in the air is having a good time :cheer: B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: todde, ~~~°°~~~

The People's Democratic Rebublic of Mean Old Men 6 years 1 month ago #27881

• Farcanal
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 143
I'm an old bugger too ! Close to b strachans age I have only missed a handful of days this year when I haven't played so yeah totally addicted.

12 year olds can be outsmarted but not outrun ! Maybe we could start a squad for old fossils ?.

Cheers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: todde

Flying as farkinell and numerous other unmentionables.

The People's Democratic Rebublic of Mean Old Men 6 years 1 month ago #27914

• Wigbomb
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Flarf
  • Thank you received: 5075
We aren't "old", my friends, we're "seasoned"..."wise"..."mature"...and, well...we're...um...old. Think how much better than those tweens we'd be if arthritis and replacement hips didn't make it so painful to hold up an iPad for more than a minute or two at a time. I'm thinking seriously about getting a USB flight stick and set of rudder pedals to connect to my Android phone. That oughta separate the men from the boys.

So, Strachan, whaddya say? A squad made up of nothing but actual adults with fully formed brains? Something with a little real substance instead of all the "Enigma", "Falcon", "Bubblicious", "Huggies" silliness. We could call ourselves "The Licensed Drivers". Or, "WeeHoo" (short for "We Who are Old Enough to Actually Have Had Sex") I write for a living, guys, I'll be more than happy to draft our manifesto...
The following user(s) said Thank You: BStrachan, whitenow, Ender, Paul Mantz, Jr., todde, [*M]Destroyer24, ~~~°°~~~, Gustavo fire

Wigipedia

The People's Democratic Rebublic of Mean Old Men 6 years 1 month ago #27920

• Dentinhead
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Don't ask me, I don't know
  • Thank you received: 2736
45 yrs old here. Been in aviation for 27 years. First 4.5 in the USAF as a Mech.... A10's n F16's. I'm addicted to the game also and it has helped me become used to my bifocals..... :woohoo:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pistolfuddyduddy, ~~~°°~~~, D-walleye

The People's Democratic Rebublic of Mean Old Men 6 years 1 month ago #27944

• BStrachan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 658

. Wigbomb wrote: We aren't "old", my friends, we're "seasoned"..."wise"..."mature"...and, well...we're...um...old. Think how much better than those tweens we'd be if arthritis and replacement hips didn't make it so painful to hold up an iPad for more than a minute or two at a time. I'm thinking seriously about getting a USB flight stick and set of rudder pedals to connect to my Android phone. That oughta separate the men from the boys.

So, Strachan, whaddya say? A squad made up of nothing but actual adults with fully formed brains? Something with a little real substance instead of all the "Enigma", "Falcon", "Bubblicious", "Huggies" silliness. We could call ourselves "The Licensed Drivers". Or, "WeeHoo" (short for "We Who are Old Enough to Actually Have Had Sex") I write for a living, guys, I'll be more than happy to draft our manifesto...

Iam in that would be cool! :P
The following user(s) said Thank You: [M]*Cheetah*975, ~~~°°~~~

The People's Democratic Rebublic of Mean Old Men 6 years 1 month ago #27985

• SheiBe Kopf
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 744
Sounds great to me, count me in...
The following user(s) said Thank You: ~~~°°~~~

The People's Democratic Rebublic of Mean Old Men 6 years 1 month ago #28153

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Fly [e]nigma, or I won't let you fly.
  • Thank you received: 950

. Wigbomb wrote: We aren't "old", my friends, we're "seasoned"..."wise"..."mature"...and, well...we're...um...old. Think how much better than those tweens we'd be if arthritis and replacement hips didn't make it so painful to hold up an iPad for more than a minute or two at a time. I'm thinking seriously about getting a USB flight stick and set of rudder pedals to connect to my Android phone. That oughta separate the men from the boys.

You'd be surprised how old some of our members are. One of 'em was 136 years old, but he died via terrorists, after he blew quite a few up, of course. We have an ex military sniper with 96 kills, triple amputee, who's 54, I believe, the first player to reach rank 31, who's in his fourties, a moderator, who's... no, can't say that, I'll go with college age. We've got a zombie, who was a backround dancer in "Thriller", and... well, one guy that got banned. Other than that, we're a bunch of zombies, snipers, and 136 year olds. B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScreaminEagle

See you in the skies!

The People's Democratic Rebublic of Mean Old Men 6 years 1 month ago #28271

• iQQi
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 62
Many years of flying gliders, greatest challenge and learning was in contests in VT - heading out cross country in the mountains in a race was always a grabber.

I think an 'ole' guys squadron would be neat.

That said, I must admit I am impressed with the younger group here like Hammers, Booomer, er Bomber, Sky Davis, and off course Calvin (oops, of, not off ), and many more.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScreaminEagle

Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it.
Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. --- Goethe
Last Edit: by iQQi. Reason: error

The People's Democratic Rebublic of Mean Old Men 6 years 1 month ago #28272

• bopes
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1481
Old dude here. Glad to know so many cool players are, too.

The People's Democratic Rebublic of Mean Old Men 6 years 1 month ago #28276

• beatea
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
...if you're wearing bifocals, will my kill ratio go up if I just fly with my eyes closed...? :lol: beatea

The People's Democratic Rebublic of Mean Old Men 6 years 1 month ago #28277

• DoGss
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1477
35 I feel young again after reading this thread. But an older squad would be a good thing.

A man with any character at all must have enemies and places he is not welcome...

The People's Democratic Rebublic of Mean Old Men 6 years 1 month ago #28278

• Farcanal
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Tigerfarts...zimmerplanes...flyingfossils...greyfokkers...oldfokkers... The possibilities are endless we could have a cool name and a kickass squad !

The People's Democratic Rebublic of Mean Old Men 6 years 1 month ago #28279

• beatea
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Geritolforlunchbunch??

The People's Democratic Rebublic of Mean Old Men 6 years 1 month ago #28283

• MaVrk
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 426
Count me in! Even though I'm already in a clan, I would gladly switch to this one. Oh and btw, I'm 42, I think. I stopped counting after 21. B)

This is why I'm NOT a MORAF!!

The People's Democratic Rebublic of Mean Old Men 6 years 1 month ago #28284

• MaVrk
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 426
Viagrapoppers :P
The following user(s) said Thank You: Big Tex

This is why I'm NOT a MORAF!!

The People's Democratic Rebublic of Mean Old Men 6 years 1 month ago #29111

• Wigbomb
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Flarf
Okay then, comrades in years; I'll pull together suggested names, a "mission statement" of some sort, a Latin motto that means something absurd, some sample insignia in Photoshop, and we'll get a consensus on all of it then declare ourselves to the Dogfight world!

This will not only be the funniest, most original squadron in the game; with members of your skill it should strike fear into some underage hearts as well. We'll pull together a list of charter members as we get closer to launch, meanwhile be thinking about "grownup" players you think would be good to invite to join.

Watch this thread (and post thoughts/ideas here as we proceed) for progress reports. I'll turn it all around over the next several days.

How about The Gray Gods? Nah, I know, but I'm not even warmed up yet...
The following user(s) said Thank You: BStrachan, ~~~°°~~~

Wigipedia
Last Edit: by Wigbomb.

The People's Democratic Rebublic of Mean Old Men 6 years 1 month ago #29112

• Oedius Momicus
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • MOLON LABE!
  • Thank you received: 346

btschuman wrote: ...if you're wearing bifocals, will my kill ratio go up if I just fly with my eyes closed...? :lol: beatea

Hey, this is something for me to consider! Eye doctor has been trying to talk me into bifocals for over 10 yrs now. I have always been extremely nearsighted and I have gotten used to just looking over the top of my glasses while reading or other things like playing this game. :) I am 55 but, still very active. I am so happy this thread was started and to see all you guys here.

Last Edit: by Oedius Momicus.

The People's Democratic Rebublic of Mean Old Men 6 years 1 month ago #29114

• Dentinhead
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Don't ask me, I don't know
  • Thank you received: 2736
Bifocals help me..... couldn't play the game without them.... I wouldn't wear them till I got the game... Matter of fact the game has helped me get used to them..... Now I wear them at work while working on planes.....heh heh as I said I'm 45 n didn't want to wear em... Glad I am now...OOOOHHHH they are thick too heh heh....... Yea I'm BLIND.....

The People's Democratic Rebublic of Mean Old Men 6 years 1 month ago #29145

• beatea
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder

. Wigbomb wrote: Okay then, comrades in years; I'll pull together suggested names, a "mission statement" of some sort, a Latin motto that means something absurd, some sample insignia in Photoshop, and we'll get a consensus on all of it then declare ourselves to the Dogfight world!

This will not only be the funniest, most original squadron in the game; with members of your skill it should strike fear into some underage hearts as well. We'll pull together a list of charter members as we get closer to launch, meanwhile be thinking about "grownup" players you think would be good to invite to join.

Watch this thread (and post thoughts/ideas here as we proceed) for progress reports. I'll turn it all around over the next several days.

How about The Gray Gods? Nah, I know, but I'm not even warmed up yet...

...something on the lines of The Gray Fox Squadron? Perhaps a Latin inscription on the lines of: Sometimes sneaky wins over skill... :lol:

The People's Democratic Rebublic of Mean Old Men 6 years 1 month ago #29196

• McMillion
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • My Eyes Set High
  • Thank you received: 24
This is a great post. It's a pleasure flying and fighting with you. I'm 22and I still get annoyed with the same things you're talking about. Sometimes there's just not much we can do. Good luck and fly hard!
-My Eyes Set High

My Eyes Set High.

The People's Democratic Rebublic of Mean Old Men 6 years 1 month ago #29221

• Farcanal
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
I would steer away from gray the young un's will just drop the r and call us gay ghosts or whatever ! Rickenfaker was boasting about his new grandson so he must be old too , invite him in if you see him in-game.

The People's Democratic Rebublic of Mean Old Men 6 years 1 month ago #29230

• McMillion
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • My Eyes Set High
  • Thank you received: 24
Hahahahaha that's epic. Gay foxes...hahaha

My Eyes Set High.

The People's Democratic Rebublic of Mean Old Men 6 years 1 month ago #29235

• Farcanal
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

McMillion wrote: Hahahahaha that's epic. Gay foxes...hahaha

Yeah I still got teenagers at home so I know their mocking ways well !
The following user(s) said Thank You: blobularz, Big Tex

The People's Democratic Rebublic of Mean Old Men 6 years 1 month ago #29561

• Wigbomb
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Flarf
Alright gentlemen, here we go:

First, the squadron name. Choose your top one, two or three and I'll tally the scores. If a majority of us doesn't like any of these I'll go back to the drawing board.

Lords of Time (alt: Timelords)

Lazarus

Methuselah

Dementia

Baby Killers

Phoenix Envy

DDD (Dinosaur Doom Dealers)

Bones Brigade

MOM (Mean Old Men)

ESoD (Elder Statesmen of Death)

Pterodactyls

Grecian Formula Die

Primeval

Mid-Air Crisis

I have a ton but let's start with these. Send me some thumbs, up or down!

Now, core members:

SheiBe Kopf
B Strachan
Dentinhead
Farcanal
dogss
Bopes
btschuman
Mavrk12
iQQi
SB467
oedius
. Wigbomb

Members we should invite:

Rickenfaker
Paul Mantz, Jr.
General Jackson

I'll need you all to help flesh out that list. I know I'm forgetting a bunch of players who might fit the profile and be interested. Please let me know if I've left anyone out who's already indicated interest via this thread.

Here's something we should discuss; should we maintain a strict age limit or allow for some younger players who exhibit the "right stuff"? Anyone under 21 is out, I assume, but what about some twenty-something prodigy or phenom who plays with respect and expresses him/herself maturely? I've already had some feelers from a couple such players who'd be great additions to our ranks. Batman had his Robins so I don't think it would necessarily dilute the original "adults only" premise to have a few under 30 teammates, sorta like apprentices (although many of them could teach some of us - yours truly in particular, few things! - but if most of us do feel that way we'll drop the idea, establish a minimum age and go from there.

So...confirm that you're on the list...vote for a name...suggest players to invite...let me know your feelings about pre-30 year olds. That should be plenty for now. I'll get to work on a logo/insignia as soon as we've agreed on a name.

I'll admit, the possibilities for wiseassisms if we call ourselves MOM crack me up! Can you picture MOM above all of our rank icons in-game? There's a psychological edge to twelve year old kids seeing that bearing down on them that cannot be ignored...

Wig
The following user(s) said Thank You: BStrachan, blobularz, jimz, Big Tex, SheiBe Kopf, The striker16, [NLR] Goten190, krgeibe73, SplanMan, todde and this user have 4 others thankyou

Wigipedia

The People's Democratic Rebublic of Mean Old Men 6 years 1 month ago #29563

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Fly [e]nigma, or I won't let you fly.
  • Thank you received: 950
I'm confused, is this all a joke, or are you actually starting an old-people squad? :) Just want to know, because at the moment, you have half of my pilots. ;)

See you in the skies!

The People's Democratic Rebublic of Mean Old Men 6 years 1 month ago #29578

• Big Tex
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Y'all come by for some BBQ...
  • Thank you received: 898
Calvin are you in enigma?

The People's Democratic Rebublic of Mean Old Men 6 years 1 month ago #29579