Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threads that are just too cool to even have to search for them. RULE: you can't create a thread in here, a moderator has to move it from any other location.

TOPIC:

Dogfight Elite launch roadmap 8 years 3 months ago #312404

• S. E. Dailey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • fortis Fortūna adiuvat
  • Thank you received: 864

zuperman wrote: . . . You will have all WWII stuff to go for.

Any hints as to what WWII stuff we get to go for? I would love to take a P40 into the skies.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Dogfight Elite launch roadmap 8 years 3 months ago #312414

• WB|War hawk1-5
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1709

zuperman wrote: I thought about that but remember that Dogfight Elite was planned to be a continuation of Dogfight, so it has the same airplanes and missions plus all the new stuff. If I reset everyone to zero, they will have to replay again the same missions and stuff to get the same WWI airplanes. I would think that's boring. You will have all WWII stuff to go for.

Since this is a continuation of df .... If you are playing the regular ol df will the squadron chat be the same where leaders can accept people in who play df elite and df?

And what i mean is... Will the chat be linked through both games?

Last edit: by WB|War hawk1-5.

Dogfight Elite launch roadmap 8 years 3 months ago #312476

• Redwasp
  • Thank you received: 81

zuperman wrote: I thought about that but remember that Dogfight Elite was planned to be a continuation of Dogfight, so it has the same airplanes and missions plus all the new stuff. If I reset everyone to zero, they will have to replay again the same missions and stuff to get the same WWI airplanes. I would think that's boring. You will have all WWII stuff to go for.

Does that mean that no one can get the WWII planes until they have all the WWI planes.

Also what time tomorrow will we be able to download df elite. I have a new android 5.1 tablet delivered at noon tomorrow.

Last edit: by Redwasp.

Dogfight Elite launch roadmap 8 years 3 months ago #312546

• Cypher7{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 4939
As most DF players no, I am not very computer savy. I am still a little confused. Will DF elite just be a automatic update or will we need to Download the new version. I use Windows 10 on a HP pavillion laptop. I originally downloaded game from the windows app store. Is this where I will find the new DF elite. I am sure this question has been answered before and I apologize if answering it over and over again is getting redundant. I love the game and want to make sure I can get on the new platform as soon as possible. Thanks ZUP for the new game in advance.

Dogfight Elite launch roadmap 8 years 3 months ago #312566

• [e]hammer_tool
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • ut malleus omnia similis clavum
  • Thank you received: 1285

I feel like a kid at Christmas. I'll be searching the app store every 30 seconds waiting for the release :)

ut malleus omnia similis clavum
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] The Blue Fighter, S. E. Dailey

Dogfight Elite launch roadmap 8 years 3 months ago #312585

• {GI} E*A*G*L*E
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Long live GI
  • Thank you received: 3213

Cypher7 wrote: As most DF players no, I am not very computer savy. I am still a little confused. Will DF elite just be a automatic update or will we need to Download the new version. I use Windows 10 on a HP pavillion laptop. I originally downloaded game from the windows app store. Is this where I will find the new DF elite. I am sure this question has been answered before and I apologize if answering it over and over again is getting redundant. I love the game and want to make sure I can get on the new platform as soon as possible. Thanks ZUP for the new game in advance.

Zup stated in the first post that it's a separate game that you'll have to download for 99 cents, thus there won't be and automatic update. Remember DF Elite is a separate game, not an update.

Zuperman wrote: Dogfight Elite won't share the database of Dogfight. They will be independent games. But I don't want for existing players to begin from scratch so during Stage 1 of the roadmap, I will manually move all existing players, points, airplanes and squadrons into Dogfight Elite. Dogfight Elite first download during Stage 1 will be 99 cents, and in exchange I do this to save you from having to repurchase all your existing Dogfight stuff. After 1 month the game works as Dogfight: free or subscription based.

The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] The Blue Fighter, Cypher7{WP}

Dogfight Elite launch roadmap 8 years 3 months ago #312598

• [NLR] McFate
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't believe everything you think.
  • Thank you received: 5398

S. E. Dailey wrote:
Any hints as to what WWII stuff we get to go for? I would love to take a P40 into the skies.

zuperman wrote: ok, next version will have sharks, helicopters, f16 and the soldiers will carry a gravity bomb that they will have to plant to the defended nuclear plant.

:lol:
Kidding! Just kidding! That's from a post from 4+ years ago...he was not being serious. But seriously, zup has already made the twin tail Rockwell OV-10B Bronco, and p51 mustang. (I'll post screenshots if i get a chance. I also hope to see the ww2 tank make a comeback.
B)

A few other old not-so-serious zup posts:

zuperman wrote: yep, i'm thinking of WW2 planes with an option. Like, you pay $499.99 (watch the cents!) and then you'll have access to them.
The space shuttle will be only $9.99 since it has been discontinued in real life. Maybe some Virgin Galactic stuff will be added instead for $999.99

The troopers... well... those are priceless! i have to think about some subscription system to add to the mortgage or directly taken away from the student loans.

(just in case you didn't notice, i'm joking, ww2 planes have been talked several times in these forums and decided long ago ;)

zuperman wrote: This is the next plane coming on 4.0.27 or so

Last edit: by [NLR] McFate.

Dogfight Elite launch roadmap 8 years 3 months ago #312609

• Husky Dog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 3536
He better have my freakin Camaro!

To the fowl whose fiery eyes now burned into thy bosom’s core

Dogfight Elite launch roadmap 8 years 3 months ago #312685

• Luke Skystalker
  • Thank you received: 74

AWESOMENESS! Thanks Zup!

Dogfight Elite launch roadmap 8 years 3 months ago #312686

• [NLR] The Blue Fighter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Nothing is Impossible.
  • Thank you received: 9789
Zuperman please make an announcement about dogfight elite launch time for android version or at least let us know how long we still have to wait. Like Hammer Tool I too searching Google store for the application.

Still Waiting It's 04-Jan-2015 5:00PM.............
The following user(s) said Thank You: [e]hammer_tool, WEREWULF

Last edit: by [NLR] The Blue Fighter.

Dogfight Elite launch roadmap 8 years 3 months ago #312724

• zuperman
  • zuperman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13142
The game is not out yet. No need to keep checking. As soon as it's public I'll post here with the download link.

I'm waiting for Facebook and Google to let me know all it's ok, that should be a few hours more to go.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Templar, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, [NLR]Mysterio, pinkstar30, AOV|Dragoness915, Jasta1, S p o o F

Dogfight Elite launch roadmap 8 years 3 months ago #312730

• GoldenEagle
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • war is another problem
  • Thank you received: 440

zuperman wrote: The game is not out yet. No need to keep checking. As soon as it's public I'll post here with the download link.

I'm waiting for Facebook and Google to let me know all it's ok, that should be a few hours more to go.

Can people over lvl 15 get the game for free
Plz negotiate with me cause if I have my account on df elite and I'm not able to use it why would my account be on there
SOTFL

The GOLDENEAGLE still remains
The following user(s) said Thank You: pinkstar30

Dogfight Elite launch roadmap 8 years 3 months ago #312735

• pinkstar30
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1738
Lol, it's .99 man, break ur piggy bank :woohoo:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sharp Shooter, S. E. Dailey

Dogfight Elite launch roadmap 8 years 3 months ago #312736

• GoldenEagle
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • war is another problem
  • Thank you received: 440
Can't PARENTS won't let me pay for a game
SOTFL

The GOLDENEAGLE still remains

Dogfight Elite launch roadmap 8 years 3 months ago #312739

• [NLR]Mysterio
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • the less you reveal, the more people can wonder
  • Thank you received: 1003
game is free after 1 month i think?

Dogfight Elite launch roadmap 8 years 3 months ago #312740

• {GI} E*A*G*L*E
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Long live GI
  • Thank you received: 3213

[NLR]cedricboss wrote: game is free after 1 month i think?

How did you come to that conclusion?

Let's see. The developer says he will release a new game for 99 cents, but after a month it's free. How many people would actually pay rather than wait a month? That would be financial suicide.

As like any other app you buy it or you don't, no reason they should give it free just because you played another version to a certain level. If you can't or unable to pay the 99 cents then you don't move on and stay with regular dogfight.

Dogfight Elite launch roadmap 8 years 3 months ago #312741

• [NLR]Mysterio
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • the less you reveal, the more people can wonder
  • Thank you received: 1003

E*A*G*L*E wrote:

[NLR]cedricboss wrote: game is free after 1 month i think?

How did you come to that conclusion?

Let's see. The developer says he will release a new game for 99 cents, but after a month it's free. How many people would actually pay rather than wait a month? That would be financial suicide.

As like any other app you buy it or you don't, no reason they should give it free just because you played another version to a certain level. If you can't or unable to pay the 99 cents then you don't move on and stay with regular dogfight.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] The Blue Fighter

Dogfight Elite launch roadmap 8 years 3 months ago #312743

• WEREWULF
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 435
Only a couples hours left! The anticipation is killing me....ive lost the will to finish my masters degree in history.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] The Blue Fighter, [NLR]Mysterio

Dogfight Elite launch roadmap 8 years 3 months ago #312744

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Beta 1 for android is out, check the thread on gossip.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] The Blue Fighter, Redwasp, S. E. Dailey

Dogfight Elite launch roadmap 8 years 3 months ago #312750

• horriblebreast
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fly hard, die hard!
  • Thank you received: 6101
a quick question about squadrons...

as a leader of G.I i'll need to develop a strategy for our move to dogfight elite. the question for zup is will the 50 member squad size limit still be in effect for the new game?

knowing the possible limitations or opportunities will help me to make a smooth transition over to the new DF elite.

thank you for your hard work on this one zup. dogfight is the best game i play.

so what the heck? rock the discotheque!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WB|War hawk1-5, [GI2] Grim Repo, nebular, Jasta1, S. E. Dailey

Dogfight Elite launch roadmap 8 years 3 months ago #313045

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
yes the limit is still 50, so far no changes. I may change it when I finally release the squadrons war part, but I don't want to begin touching anything related to squadrons until I arrive to that stage.
The following user(s) said Thank You: horriblebreast, Lunas Wolf WP****

Dogfight Elite launch roadmap 8 years 3 months ago #313148

• Lunas Wolf WP****
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fear is a Reflex Courage is a Choice
  • Thank you received: 747

will DFE app accept google play card or no most apps on google play store accept it and some dont but will DFE accept google play cards zup?? or does it require a credit card as i can not get one as of my age.

Dogfight Elite launch roadmap 8 years 3 months ago #313456

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

$now Wolf{WP***} wrote: will DFE app accept google play card or no most apps on google play store accept it and some dont but will DFE accept google play cards zup?? or does it require a credit card as i can not get one as of my age.

I have no control over that. Google doesn't allow the card for automatic subscriptions. In your case all you have to do is use the 1month payment on the system. That allows for Google Play Card in both DF and DFE

Dogfight Elite launch roadmap 8 years 3 months ago #313503

• Lunas Wolf WP****
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fear is a Reflex Courage is a Choice
  • Thank you received: 747

zuperman wrote:

$now Wolf{WP***} wrote: will DFE app accept google play card or no most apps on google play store accept it and some dont but will DFE accept google play cards zup?? or does it require a credit card as i can not get one as of my age.

I have no control over that. Google doesn't allow the card for automatic subscriptions. In your case all you have to do is use the 1month payment on the system. That allows for Google Play Card in both DF and DFE

thank you zup thats all i needed to know hope i can try it out in this month or the next

Dogfight Elite launch roadmap 8 years 3 months ago #314107

• [NLR] The Blue Fighter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Nothing is Impossible.
  • Thank you received: 9789

zuperman wrote: Hi everyone!

Important: things may change, this is my current estimate.

Dogfight Elite is almost ready for primetime! As you know, I had to rewrite most of the game to add all the new features and fix things that have been problematic on the game during years. This means that Dogfight Elite can't be a simple update to the current version.

Dogfight Elite won't share the database of Dogfight. They will be independent games. But I don't want for existing players to begin from scratch so during Stage 1 of the roadmap, I will manually move all existing players, points, airplanes and squadrons into Dogfight Elite. Dogfight Elite first download during Stage 1 will be 99 cents, and in exchange I do this to save you from having to repurchase all your existing Dogfight stuff. After 1 month the game works as Dogfight: free or subscription based.

Since the game runs on multiple platforms and versions are never released simultaneously, I have to release the game on different stages. Here is the roadmap:

Stage 1 beta status (First weeks of January 2016)
Price: 99 cents the first time it is downloaded.

All the internals and servers had to be rewritten and I doubt it will run without issues upon launch. I've tested it my best but there are thousands of different devices and combinations out there.
On Stage 1, Dogfight Elite will look and behave pretty much as the current version of Dogfight on a high end device. You won't see much new since I want to make sure the core of the game is stable on all platforms.

What will be unique is that from the beginning the game has to look almost exactly the same to everyone. Everyone will have trees, water and clouds. You can't disable them.

First week of January.

Important: The first week of January, I will manually import the existing players, points, airplanes and squadrons into Dogfight Elite. I will also adjust the rankings and scales for the new system. This won't be done again. From that point, the systems will be independent from Dogfight.

Android Beta Release
Requirement: Android 4.4 is the minimum requirement, with support for OpenGL 3.

Second week of January
Apple Beta Release
Requirement: iOS 8 is the minimum
Windows Beta Release
Requirement: Windows 10 is the minimum

Stage 2 Mid January or beginning of February
With all the feedback from Stage 1, I'll release all required fixes and some of the new visual stuff for Dogfight Elite.
Important: I will clean up the database from players that didn't login into Dogfight or Dogfight Elite for months. This cleanup will only be done on Dogfight Elite, so as to have it as clean and fast as possible. The squadrons that haven't been used or lost their owners, will be removed. Again, this is only on Dogfight Elite.

Stage 3 February
The new World War II airplanes for Dogfight Elite will be added.
The new missions will be added.
The Xbox One version of the game will be released.
The Mac version of the game will be released.
The prices will be adjusted due to agreements (xbox, ps4, mac and pc versions of the game I'm still waiting on an official pricing).

Stage 4 March
Ps4 version of the game will be released. (pending confirmation from Sony).
Oculus Rift version of the game will be released.
Squadron Wars will be released.

Stage 5 April
The full game should be pretty much released and running on all platforms by now.
New content will continue to be added depending on budget.
Voice support will be added to possible platforms: beginning with xbox and ps4.

For those members who missed the zupperman announcement about elite.

Last edit: by [NLR] The Blue Fighter.

Dogfight Elite launch roadmap 8 years 3 months ago #314385

• squeakey
  • Thank you received: 294

Zup I have all latest updates installed on windows 10. I still have issues with name tag. I want it smaller than the pre set size. I have to adjust it before every game as it wont save for more than 1 game. Thank you in anticipation.

g.org/gzkdwszw9/oie_t_Y[img]https://s26.postim80_GGptijr_S.png[/img]
The following user(s) said Thank You: S. E. Dailey

Dogfight Elite launch roadmap 8 years 3 months ago #315214

• pmoon1{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 851
Over the past month I was recruited in to wolf pack and added the {wp-p} and then was able to drop the -p, my question is when I download elite, what name do I sign in under to retain my points and planes? The one I originally had, the one at the time of the switch or how it is now?

What doesn't kill you can hurt like the dickens!

Dogfight Elite launch roadmap 8 years 3 months ago #315218

• S. E. Dailey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • fortis Fortūna adiuvat
  • Thank you received: 864

If I remember correctly, I think you can sign in with name or email, plus password . . . Just use your email. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: pmoon1{WP}

Dogfight Elite launch roadmap 8 years 2 months ago #315717

• CRAZED{WP/*}
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 183
Anbody know when elite is being released on Apple?or an estimate of when?

Dogfight Elite launch roadmap 8 years 2 months ago #320613

• [Ñ] SaCaSa [ES]
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 215
any news about the date of availability in Apple ?
Thanks

Time to create page: 0.570 seconds