Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threads that are just too cool to even have to search for them. RULE: you can't create a thread in here, a moderator has to move it from any other location.

TOPIC:

Dogfight Elite launch roadmap 8 years 3 months ago #311135

• zuperman
  • zuperman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13138
Hi everyone!

Important: things may change, this is my current estimate.

Dogfight Elite is almost ready for primetime! As you know, I had to rewrite most of the game to add all the new features and fix things that have been problematic on the game during years. This means that Dogfight Elite can't be a simple update to the current version.

Dogfight Elite won't share the database of Dogfight. They will be independent games. But I don't want for existing players to begin from scratch so during Stage 1 of the roadmap, I will manually move all existing players, points, airplanes and squadrons into Dogfight Elite. Dogfight Elite first download during Stage 1 will be 99 cents, and in exchange I do this to save you from having to repurchase all your existing Dogfight stuff. After 1 month the game works as Dogfight: free or subscription based.

Since the game runs on multiple platforms and versions are never released simultaneously, I have to release the game on different stages. Here is the roadmap:

Stage 1 beta status (First weeks of January 2016)
Price: 99 cents the first time it is downloaded.

All the internals and servers had to be rewritten and I doubt it will run without issues upon launch. I've tested it my best but there are thousands of different devices and combinations out there.
On Stage 1, Dogfight Elite will look and behave pretty much as the current version of Dogfight on a high end device. You won't see much new since I want to make sure the core of the game is stable on all platforms.

What will be unique is that from the beginning the game has to look almost exactly the same to everyone. Everyone will have trees, water and clouds. You can't disable them.

First week of January.

Important: The first week of January, I will manually import the existing players, points, airplanes and squadrons into Dogfight Elite. I will also adjust the rankings and scales for the new system. This won't be done again. From that point, the systems will be independent from Dogfight.

Android Beta Release
Requirement: Android 4.4 is the minimum requirement, with support for OpenGL 3.

Second week of January
Apple Beta Release
Requirement: iOS 8 is the minimum
Windows Beta Release
Requirement: Windows 10 is the minimum

Stage 2 Mid January or beginning of February
With all the feedback from Stage 1, I'll release all required fixes and some of the new visual stuff for Dogfight Elite.
Important: I will clean up the database from players that didn't login into Dogfight or Dogfight Elite for months. This cleanup will only be done on Dogfight Elite, so as to have it as clean and fast as possible. The squadrons that haven't been used or lost their owners, will be removed. Again, this is only on Dogfight Elite.

Stage 3 February
The new World War II airplanes for Dogfight Elite will be added.
The new missions will be added.
The Xbox One version of the game will be released.
The Mac version of the game will be released.
The prices will be adjusted due to agreements (xbox, ps4, mac and pc versions of the game I'm still waiting on an official pricing).

Stage 4 March
Ps4 version of the game will be released. (pending confirmation from Sony).
Oculus Rift version of the game will be released.
Squadron Wars will be released.

Stage 5 April
The full game should be pretty much released and running on all platforms by now.
New content will continue to be added depending on budget.
Voice support will be added to possible platforms: beginning with xbox and ps4.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR]*XxXxX*, CalvinIsAwesome, _bts, [*M]yNuts, [NLR] McFate, GHOSTRIDER1, [*M]VonHuLK, ZebraUp, Templar, [*M]Destroyer24 and 21 other people also said thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by zuperman.

Dogfight Elite launch roadmap 8 years 3 months ago #311137

• BLACKHAWKGHOST
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • pain is temporary ,pride is forever
  • Thank you received: 290
Zup will we keep our accounts .

What will squad wars be like

Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence ,sometimes the most powerful thing you can say is nothing at all

Dogfight Elite launch roadmap 8 years 3 months ago #311140

• Rudolf Rednose
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 2783
Just a couple of questions:

Will the game be a 3D or 2D 3D combat flight simulator? :P (how's the Occulus Rifty thing coming along?)

How much weight have you put on since you started programming?

Will the chat and/or the forum be combined between DF and Elite?

Does this t-shirt help me to get free stuff? (Just kidding, I'm sure it will be great fun and worth every penny.)
Attachments:

Dogfight Elite launch roadmap 8 years 3 months ago #311143

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

BLACKHAWKGHOST wrote: Zup will we keep our accounts .

What will squad wars be like

From my post:
during Stage 1 of the roadmap, I will manually move all existing players, points, airplanes and squadrons into Dogfight Elite. Dogfight Elite first download during Stage 1 will be 99 cents, and in exchange I do this to save you from having to repurchase all your existing Dogfight stuff.
The following user(s) said Thank You: _bts, [*M]Destroyer24, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, BLACKHAWKGHOST, EgorDogg{WP}, [NLR] R@HUL, diaoblique

Dogfight Elite launch roadmap 8 years 3 months ago #311146

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Rudolf Rednose wrote: Just a couple of questions:

Will the chat and/or the forum be combined between DF and Elite?

The chat definitely no. It will be different.
The forum, it will be different eventually. The reason is because I want to integrate the squadron stuff into the forum. But I haven't set a deadline for that yet.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rudolf Rednose, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, [NLR] R@HUL

Dogfight Elite launch roadmap 8 years 3 months ago #311147

• diaoblique
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2113
Zuperman. Thank you for all you are doing. This is a great game with mostly great people. I'm looking forward to the introduction of the ww2 planes. Back in the days of the online game Aces High the spitfire stukka and p51 ruled the game. Ish. You could also team up with squad members and fly a bomber with others being gunners. That was fun.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DireWolf{WP****}, pmoon1{WP}

Dogfight Elite launch roadmap 8 years 3 months ago #311148

• [Thugz] KappaSpam
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Joel. Skype. Now.
  • Thank you received: 116
1) Currently unsubscribed players can't choose servers. Will unsubscribed players be able to participate in Squad Wars?

2) Will we finally see segregated servers for the game on Pc/Mac?

3) Will the WWII planes be anywhere near the WWI planes as far as gameplay goes? I mean, you're not going to have WWI with WWII planes, right?

4) Will the noob servers be back? I feel terrible whenever I see myself giving an aspirant a 1-35 statline. They don't deserve that.
You feel like you're going to have a bad time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ZebraUp

Last edit: by [Thugz] KappaSpam.

Dogfight Elite launch roadmap 8 years 3 months ago #311149

• diaoblique
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2113
Kappa Id have to say yes ww1 and ww2 planes in the same game. Noob servers I like that. Squad wars are squad wars. Duh lol

Dogfight Elite launch roadmap 8 years 3 months ago #311153

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

[Thugz] KappaSpam wrote: 1) Currently unsubscribed players can't choose servers. Will unsubscribed players be able to participate in Squad Wars?

2) Will we finally see segregated servers for the game on Pc/Mac?

3) Will the WWII planes be anywhere near the WWI planes as far as gameplay goes? I mean, you're not going to have WWI with WWII planes, right?

4) Will the noob servers be back? I feel terrible whenever I see myself giving an aspirant a 1-35 statline. They don't deserve that.

1) Undecided yet. My biggest economical mistake on Dogfight was to allow way too much stuff for non-subscribers. It almost made the company go bankrupt.

2) Yes, upon launch of the xbox version all high end devices will be on different servers (pc,mac,xbox and ps4). This is also required because visually those games will progress with much higher quality than mobile versions. Unless the mobile devices speed up on power, in that case I may merge on the same zones.

3) Nope, WWI and WWII planes will play on different zones. I may create a mission to play with both, just for fun. But in general it will play separately.

4) Noob servers were always back. The system was changed to adjust not on your level but on your quality as a player. If you are rank 3 but you have a kill ratio of 20/1... you are too good for a rank 3. So the game places you with players who are usually 20/1. You get either destroyed and moved down to easier players, or you are so good you can keep up and level up faster.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ZebraUp, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, [Thugz] KappaSpam, DireWolf{WP****}, EgorDogg{WP}, [NLR] R@HUL, diaoblique, S. E. Dailey

Dogfight Elite launch roadmap 8 years 3 months ago #311155

• con estilo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1658

zuperman wrote: Hi everyone!

Important: things may change, this is my current estimate.

Dogfight Elite is almost ready for primetime! As you know, I had to rewrite most of the game to add all the new features and fix things that have been problematic on the game during years. This means that Dogfight Elite can't be a simple update to the current version.

Dogfight Elite won't share the database of Dogfight. They will be independent games. But I don't want for existing players to begin from scratch so during Stage 1 of the roadmap, I will manually move all existing players, points, airplanes and squadrons into Dogfight Elite. Dogfight Elite first download during Stage 1 will be 99 cents, and in exchange I do this to save you from having to repurchase all your existing Dogfight stuff. After 1 month the game works as Dogfight: free or subscription based.

Since the game runs on multiple platforms and versions are never released simultaneously, I have to release the game on different stages. Here is the roadmap:

Stage 1 beta status (First weeks of January 2016)
Price: 99 cents the first time it is downloaded.

All the internals and servers had to be rewritten and I doubt it will run without issues upon launch. I've tested it my best but there are thousands of different devices and combinations out there.
On Stage 1, Dogfight Elite will look and behave pretty much as the current version of Dogfight on a high end device. You won't see much new since I want to make sure the core of the game is stable on all platforms.

What will be unique is that from the beginning the game has to look almost exactly the same to everyone. Everyone will have trees, water and clouds. You can't disable them.

First week of January.

Important: The first week of January, I will manually import the existing players, points, airplanes and squadrons into Dogfight Elite. I will also adjust the rankings and scales for the new system. This won't be done again. From that point, the systems will be independent from Dogfight.

Android Beta Release
Requirement: Android 4.4 is the minimum requirement, with support for OpenGL 3.

Second week of January
Apple Beta Release
Windows Beta Release

Stage 2 Mid January or beginning of February
With all the feedback from Stage 1, I'll release all required fixes and some of the new visual stuff for Dogfight Elite.
Important: I will clean up the database from players that didn't login into Dogfight or Dogfight Elite for months. This cleanup will only be done on Dogfight Elite, so as to have it as clean and fast as possible. The squadrons that haven't been used or lost their owners, will be removed. Again, this is only on Dogfight Elite.

Stage 3 February
The new World War II airplanes for Dogfight Elite will be added.
The new missions will be added.
The Xbox One version of the game will be released.
The Mac version of the game will be released.
The prices will be adjusted due to agreements (xbox, ps4, mac and pc versions of the game I'm still waiting on an official pricing).

Stage 4 March
Ps4 version of the game will be released. (pending confirmation from Sony).
Oculus Rift version of the game will be released.
Squadron Wars will be released.

Stage 5 April
The full game should be pretty much released and running on all platforms by now.
New content will continue to be added depending on budget.
Voice support will be added to possible platforms: beginning with xbox and ps4.

Publicaras en Español Juaquin?

Dogfight Elite launch roadmap 8 years 3 months ago #311172

• S. E. Dailey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • fortis Fortūna adiuvat
  • Thank you received: 864

zuperman wrote: Dogfight Elite first download during Stage 1 will be 99 cents, and in exchange I do this to save you from having to repurchase all your existing Dogfight stuff.

Second week of January
Apple Beta Release
Windows Beta Release

Thanks Zup! I'm anxiously looking forward to the second week of January . . . checkin' the couch and the car seats for change! :woohoo:

Dogfight Elite launch roadmap 8 years 3 months ago #311189

• [*M]ONSTER CANNON
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 9167
Yay I'll be in with my two high end devices!
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]yNuts

Dogfight Elite launch roadmap 8 years 3 months ago #311191

• nebular
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2034

zuperman wrote:

Second week of January

Ratz!!
:pinch: been on the list for the Win 10 upgrade for quite a while now... looks like it is not coming for this not so very old pc... Drat, oh well... Still got a way to go on DF1 anyway... :dry:

Dogfight Elite launch roadmap 8 years 3 months ago #311193

• S p o o F
  • Thank you received: 61
anyone willing to be a sponsor for the .99cents?..i need one since i dont have a credit card..lol

Dogfight Elite launch roadmap 8 years 3 months ago #311194

• pmoon1{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 851
This all sounds great, will you go ahead and move everyone's stats or will we have to download first? Sounds like a lot of work, thanks for all you do!

What doesn't kill you can hurt like the dickens!

Dogfight Elite launch roadmap 8 years 3 months ago #311197

• Gannet
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 4438

So you think you are ready to open the can ?

Get plenty of sleep now, 'cause its going to be in short supply next year. :P

(May the Force be with you.)

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR]*XxXxX*

Last edit: by Gannet.

Dogfight Elite launch roadmap 8 years 3 months ago #311232

• Paul Mantz, Jr.
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 6460
Happy New Year my friend,

Since I have received no response, automatic or via email, for a new password for a long time, what will my status be? Deletion?

Thanks,
Paul

Dogfight Elite launch roadmap 8 years 3 months ago #311250

• [NLR] The Blue Fighter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Nothing is Impossible.
  • Thank you received: 9788

pmoon1 {WP-p} wrote: This all sounds great, will you go ahead and move everyone's stats or will we have to download first? Sounds like a lot of work, thanks for all you do!

As zuperman said he will doing it for all initially, but it is always good to have the latest screenshot of your stat in case anything goes wrong you have the proof.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR]*XxXxX*, pmoon1{WP}

Dogfight Elite launch roadmap 8 years 3 months ago #311251

• [NLR] The Blue Fighter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Nothing is Impossible.
Zuperman you said that you will not be forwarding data to df elite of inactive members.

How many days you will consider member being inactive.

Secondly, these inactive members is going to stay in dogfight or you are going to remove them too from dogfight.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR]*XxXxX*

Dogfight Elite launch roadmap 8 years 3 months ago #311260

• [M]ad
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 3321

zuperman wrote:

Second week of January
Apple Beta Release
Windows Beta Release
Requirement: Windows 10 is the minimum.

Hi Zup,
You didn't mention about Windows Phone anywhere. Even though,Microsoft have released the official Windows 10 for PC, they haven't released the official windows 10 version for Lumia phones. I think only a few flagship which were only released early this month, like Lumia 950 and 950XL have got official Windows 10. 90% of the Lumia users are still using 8.1 or Windows 10 Technical Preview (which still has a lot of bugs). So... A few words about us,windows phone guys,would be great.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] The Blue Fighter, WEREWULF

Dogfight Elite launch roadmap 8 years 3 months ago #311288

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Paul Mantz, Jr. wrote: Happy New Year my friend,

Since I have received no response, automatic or via email, for a new password for a long time, what will my status be? Deletion?

Thanks,
Paul

The issue with people not receiving the new password on their email was fixed a few weeks ago. If you reset password and your email is not fake... you will get it. Try it, it should work. And check it's not on your spam folder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] The Blue Fighter

Dogfight Elite launch roadmap 8 years 3 months ago #311289

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

[NLR] The Blue Fighter wrote: Zuperman you said that you will not be forwarding data to df elite of inactive members.

How many days you will consider member being inactive.

Secondly, these inactive members is going to stay in dogfight or you are going to remove them too from dogfight.

I will be forwarding ALL data the first week of January. An exact copy of the existing database will be migrated to Dogfight Elite.

Then, a couple of weeks later I will do a clean up on Dogfight Elite ONLY, for people that hasn't played in months. I don't want the database of the new game to be full of inactive players since it slows down the system.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] The Blue Fighter, [NLR]Mysterio

Dogfight Elite launch roadmap 8 years 3 months ago #311290

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

[M]ad wrote:

zuperman wrote:

Second week of January
Apple Beta Release
Windows Beta Release
Requirement: Windows 10 is the minimum.

Hi Zup,
You didn't mention about Windows Phone anywhere. Even though,Microsoft have released the official Windows 10 for PC, they haven't released the official windows 10 version for Lumia phones. I think only a few flagship which were only released early this month, like Lumia 950 and 950XL have got official Windows 10. 90% of the Lumia users are still using 8.1 or Windows 10 Technical Preview (which still has a lot of bugs). So... A few words about us,windows phone guys,would be great.

Sorry, I forgot about it. In reality from a dev point of view it's now called Windows Universal Build. What that means is that it runs on Windows 10 and Windows Phones. So it will run on both but you will need a fast windows phone device from what I was able to test.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] The Blue Fighter, WEREWULF, femi«b»roen™°°

Dogfight Elite launch roadmap 8 years 3 months ago #311295

• [NLR] The Blue Fighter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Nothing is Impossible.

zuperman wrote: First week of January.
I will also adjust the rankings and scales for the new system. This won't be done again.

Zuperman,

1-Will there be more Levels or what adjustments you have planned for ranking and scale.

2- Will there be any system where one can see with how much point one is leading or how many points one is ahead from immediately preceding rank or from any World Rank. Like if I'm at # 50 how can I check points of rank 49 and 51. Will you give such option in DF Elite Stat Screen.

Or

Will you let us know the formula based on the stats that is visible for everyone?

e.g. Points= (Kills *1)+(hangars*10)+ (Wins*20)

Or

No disclosure of point system like in present DogFight System.

Thanx.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nebular, [NLR] R@HUL

Dogfight Elite launch roadmap 8 years 2 months ago #311317

• WB|War hawk1-5
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1709
will we still be able to play in the old dogfight without getting the new one?

Dogfight Elite launch roadmap 8 years 2 months ago #311334

• [NLR] The Blue Fighter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Nothing is Impossible.

WB|War hawk1-5 wrote: will we still be able to play in the old dogfight without getting the new one?

Yes both df and df elite will be available as separate application. To the best of my knowledge, zuperman mentioned that your login account will be same for both application and you have to pay for one application of and will be treated as subscribed player for both applications. (zuperman, please correct me if I am wrong here)

Dogfight Elite launch roadmap 8 years 2 months ago #311350

• WB|War hawk1-5
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1709

[NLR] The Blue Fighter wrote:

WB|War hawk1-5 wrote: will we still be able to play in the old dogfight without getting the new one?

Yes both df and df elite will be available as separate application. To the best of my knowledge, zuperman mentioned that your login account will be same for both application and you have to pay for one application of and will be treated as subscribed player for both applications. (zuperman, please correct me if I am wrong here)

for the old dogfight we will have to pay to continue playing if we are not a subscriber?

Dogfight Elite launch roadmap 8 years 2 months ago #311361

• Gone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 540
THX ZUP FOR THE UPDATE AND INFO ON DF ELITE. CAN'T WAIT TILL ITS HERE. I GUESS WE ALL DONT HAVE TO WAIT MUCH LONGER FOR IT ALMOST HERE. OUR PATIENCE IS ABOUT TO PAY OFF THX AGAIN ZUP. THE NEW GAME SOUND LOT BETTER THEN WE GOT NOW HAPPY TO HEAR OF ALL YOU HARD WORK TO IMPROVE THE GAME ZUP THX.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Templar, [NLR] The Blue Fighter

Dogfight Elite launch roadmap 8 years 2 months ago #311434

• [NLR] The Blue Fighter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Nothing is Impossible.

WB|War hawk1-5 wrote:

[NLR] The Blue Fighter wrote:

for the old dogfight we will have to pay to continue playing if we are not a subscriber?

I don't think so. You can play for free like it's going on in current version but he may put additional restriction on free subscriber on elite version.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WB|War hawk1-5

Dogfight Elite launch roadmap 8 years 2 months ago #311685

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Dogfight and Dogfight Elite will be completely independent of each other. What you do on one will have no impact on the other.

The only exception is that the first week of January I will manually copy the Dogfight database into Dogfight Elite so that existing players can move on and play Dogfight Elite with all current purchases. After that, they are two different games.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [e]hammer_tool, _bts, baron rojo, [NLR] McFate, [*M]VonHuLK, Rudolf Rednose, Templar, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, {GI} E*A*G*L*E, Águila_1_[ES] and 5 other people also said thanks.

Time to create page: 1.385 seconds