Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This section is for squadrons recruiting, events and chats.

TOPIC:

The Official Rookies' Day Squadron 11 years 1 week ago #89152

• [*M]bhfoust
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Rock'n the tank since 2012
  • Thank you received: 8857
I would like to participate :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: GreyGhost

Please Log in to join the conversation.

The Official Rookies' Day Squadron 11 years 1 week ago #89154

• GreyGhost
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 7264
Oh man just would be fun with out good old Grey [M]isfitGhost. I'm in too! :silly: it will be fun! But I'm not taking of my banner for love nor money! But I'll be a rookie for a day!
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]bhfoust

The Official Rookies' Day Squadron 11 years 1 week ago #89164

• [LB] Pedrinho
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • I took the RED PILL!
  • Thank you received: 2425
Wow!

Sorry to only see this thread right now, Rookie. And thanks for doing the administration work!
Of course I am in. Proud of having such a simple idea that grew so much.

Lets have fun! My only complain is that April 15 will be a monday, and I am very busy at mondays... When ParrotHead first suggested this date, I promptly agreed, but only now I realize that it won't be a sunday. Anyway, you guys already set up the whole thing very well. As I stated in the beggining, I am very busy - and very lazy - so, let's fly, and let's be shot by noobs!

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

I took the RED PILL!

The Official Rookies' Day Squadron 11 years 1 week ago #89207

• [BE]_____êå§_____
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 142
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: add me to this wonderful idea. I live in Buenos Aires , Argentina , please spend the hour

Nos cruzamos por el aire....
Attachments:

The Official Rookies' Day Squadron 11 years 1 week ago #89225

• [LB] Pedrinho
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • I took the RED PILL!
Hey Enzo, do you know a player whose nick is "Lugar"?
He is a big dirty mouth, a racist. He uses to call me "macaquito" in game.
Not that I care, I laugh at this kind of poor-minded people. But there are kids in this game, and he is giving a very bad example.
I suspect that he is argentinian. If you know him, please tell him to behave himself... ;)
And congratz for Francisco and for Messi. I am a big fan of both!

I took the RED PILL!

The Official Rookies' Day Squadron 11 years 1 week ago #89229

• ParrotHead
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Growing older, but not up!
  • Thank you received: 3728

Pedrinho wrote: Wow!

Sorry to only see this thread right now, Rookie. And thanks for doing the administration work!
Of course I am in. Proud of having such a simple idea that grew so much.

Lets have fun! My only complain is that April 15 will be a monday, and I am very busy at mondays... When ParrotHead first suggested this date, I promptly agreed, but only now I realize that it won't be a sunday. Anyway, you guys already set up the whole thing very well. As I stated in the beggining, I am very busy - and very lazy - so, let's fly, and let's be shot by noobs!

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Pedro if we start at Midnight GMT that would be Sunday evening for us. I'm game for that. I'll start tomorrow night around 8pm EST.
Fuck this place. Second rate hack playing in a yard that's too big for him.

The Official Rookies' Day Squadron 11 years 1 week ago #89233

• [LB] Pedrinho
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • I took the RED PILL!
Good try, PH... But I don't use to play at sunday nights... I have other scheduled task to do, you know... hm... errr.. you know. ;-)
In fact, I can only play and post when Laura is sleeping AND when Alessandra is busy... So, I only play 3-4 hours a week, if much! That being said, think about it when considering me as part of your MOM flight... :huh: :dry: :unsure:

Edit: and right now, the servers are crazy - many server errors, and when I manage to play more than 3 minutes, I am kicked! grrr

I took the RED PILL!

Last edit: by [LB] Pedrinho.

The Official Rookies' Day Squadron 11 years 1 week ago #89240

• BlüEMäX
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Chicken & Waffles!!
  • Thank you received: 3085
I'm in. Flying my MOM tag though.

Lets dance Puppet. B)

What time do we start PH?

The Official Rookies' Day Squadron 11 years 1 week ago #89284

• [BE]_____êå§_____
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 142
pedrinhio , Aqqui I not knew it was from Argentina , . Furthermore I recommend them to report in the blacklist. these people do not must to be in this wonderful game .

Nos cruzamos por el aire....
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: [LB] Pedrinho

The Official Rookies' Day Squadron 11 years 1 week ago #89290

• Dark Knight
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • You may not know it, but my pilot's a Dog, War Dog
  • Thank you received: 210

DFRookie wrote: Hello fellow DogFight rookie wannabes! This thread and squadron are dedicated to Rookies' Day. Pilots belonging to this squadron are only allowed membership on dedicated Rookies' Days. Rookies' Day is a day that veteran DF pilots and Aces agree to fly only "rookie" aircraft. It's easy enough for you battle-hardened, bloodthirsty devastaters of the skies to make Swiss cheese out of unsuspecting helpless novice pilots in your 1918 state of the art flying machines, but could you do it without the advantage of the latest technology? Well prove it! Post here to enlist in the deadliest group of "Rookies" that the world of DogFight has ever seen. On dedicated Rookies' Days you can temporarily switch your squadron affiliation to the Rookies Day Squardon. Fly your tag proudly and lay waste in the most basic planes DogFight has to offer.

Rules for Membership:
1) You may only fly the 1st level of planes from either the Allied or German forces (pictured below)
2) You must abide by all DF rules and common decency (no foul language, no shameless spawnkilling, no teamkilling, etc)
3) You may only fly your Rookies' Day Squardon tags on dedicated Rookies' Days. Dedicated days will be posted on this thread. Dedicated days are for your local time zone with a few hours grace period on either end. We don't want to get too complicated.
4) it is preferred, but not required, that you use your normal account and normal name (or slight variation). This way we will all know exactly who we are which will only add to your honor/humiliation. Do you have the guts to use your real DF name? huh? Do ya?
5) Rookies' Day(s) is a voluntary event. Some pilots will choose not to participate. Some pilots will know nothing of the event. Participants in Rookies' Day accept this and choose to participate knowing there will be experienced pilots in superior aircraft. This should be seen as part of the challenge of the event with no adverse comments or actions against pilots that do not choose to participate.
6) The ultimate and supreme leader of the Rookies' Day Squardon is Mr. Pedrinho. He is the originator of Rookies' Day and has the final say in all things related to Rookies' Day. (If you would like to show your apprectiation for this marvelous idea, bestow you're Thank Yous and Karma points to him. For the ultimate show of respect and appreciation, you can chat only in Portuguese on Rookies' Day)

The armament for Rookies' Day are as follows:

Or

Screenshots provided by PH PHotography.

CONFIRMED WANNABE ROOKIES
Pedrinho
Dixieconfederate
Raptor
Whiplash
ParrotHead
(p) Sputnik
RichyRoo
Nacho
FlyMagic
Whosethisguy
Jack Burton
Jdrock123
BlueDane

Count me in

Ready to Die? Good

The Official Rookies' Day Squadron 11 years 1 week ago #89327

• [*M]TBUILT
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • I back my squad 100% what's your excuse?
  • Thank you received: 17012
Count me in but I'm keeping my banner on.

The Official Rookies' Day Squadron 11 years 1 week ago #89340

• Maranatha
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • AKA [1]Wolfman
  • Thank you received: 134
I'm in and will still fly under the 111th.

The Official Rookies' Day Squadron 11 years 1 week ago #89341

• DFRookie
  • DFRookie's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 14
I will you all to the list. The banner is completely voluntary you are welcome to fly with us with your normal squadron banner.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]TBUILT

The Official Rookies' Day Squadron 11 years 1 week ago #89343

• ParrotHead
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Blue Max Young wrote: I'm in. Flying my MOM tag though.

Lets dance Puppet. B)

What time do we start PH?

Hey Max... For the official start, DF Rookie or Pedro will have to chime in. For me, I'll start using rookie planes for all games after 8pm tonite and throughout tomorrow. I probably won't be on much tonight though. I will be on in the afternoon tomorrow. I have some down time planned just for rookies day. I will change my squad tag for the duration and probably change my name to M.O.M's PH or something similar.

The Official Rookies' Day Squadron 11 years 1 week ago #89349

• Paul Mantz, Jr.
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 6460
The following user(s) said Thank You: ParrotHead

The Official Rookies' Day Squadron 11 years 1 week ago #89392

• [*M]SnakePlissken
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1015
Great idea, I will be there,count the snake in B) :woohoo:
The following user(s) said Thank You: DFRookie

The Official Rookies' Day Squadron 11 years 1 week ago #89482

• ParrotHead
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Flew my first mission as a born again rookie. Of course I flew against a top pilot that has an aversion to carrying bombs. I don't know how any of the new guys or us for that matter, stick with it. These guys dont stand a chance. Ignorance is bliss.

I watched this expert pilot zip circles around me and nail me every time. It was painful.

We still managed to get the reds down to one hangar and decided to do a dive bomb run. It took FOREVER to get to altitude and ages to get across the field. I did my dive only to have the bomb not drop and got nailed. A few more mid-field encounters and went back up for more dive bombing. Only one red on radar when I got close to the base and it was a real rookie heading away. GAME WON? Ooooh no... This is what happened...

First rookie experience was less than stellar. Trying again tomorrow. Have fun guys!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Mantz, Jr.

The Official Rookies' Day Squadron 11 years 1 week ago #89485

• DFRookie
  • DFRookie's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 14
Thanks for sharing Parrot Head.

Everyone else please do the same. Post some screen captures to show-off your success/failure. Remember it is all for fun and helps you appreciate what the new guys are going through. Maybe you will remember to encourage those guys when you are beating them badly.

The Official Rookies' Day Squadron 11 years 1 week ago #89486

• yose[M]ite
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 802
Brings back memories flying this old slow plane.

Such a long time ago the picture faded
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Mantz, Jr., ParrotHead, MrsRichyRoo1

The Official Rookies' Day Squadron 11 years 1 week ago #89487

• sock@puppet
  • Thank you received: 2

Blue Max Young wrote:

SamStone75 wrote: Yeah, so who is Sock@Puppet? And more importantly why & how is the Puppet pissing off Blue Max? I am interested.

Had a CTC with the puppet. I'm guessing after the game you were all in. Busts in with I was giving some moms a hard time in a game before this one. O yeah? Give this one a hard time. Bopes and Paul with his magic crap he says or something like that. Thought it may be Paul or Bopes giving me a hard time since he threw out both there names. Pushing my buttons. Not so sure. Didnt work out so well for him in the CTC. Didn't fare much better in the DF after that. Kept telling me crap about not having his good plane. That he would see me on Rookies day. Whatever the hell that means. See how I would do in a slow plane. Blah blah blah. News flash i polished my DF skills in that crappy white plane and the red tri plane. I didn't buy the albatross or the Se5 I earned the coin to get em. He rubbed me a little raw and I made him pay a bit. If it was a MOM. SORRY for abusing u. See you on Rookies day. Bring the good plane. Muck was in the first and coop in the second. Muck thought he was a mom but who knows. Don't think a MOM woulda pushed like that. Then he broke in with I'm the reason coop isn't flying MOM any more.

ParrotHead wrote: Flew my first mission as a born again rookie. Of course I flew against a top pilot that has an aversion to carrying bombs. I don't know how any of the new guys or us for that matter, stick with it. These guys dont stand a chance. Ignorance is bliss.

I watched this expert pilot zip circles around me and nail me every time. It was painful.

We still managed to get the reds down to one hangar and decided to do a dive bomb run. It took FOREVER to get to altitude and ages to get across the field. I did my dive only to have the bomb not drop and got nailed. A few more mid-field encounters and went back up for more dive bombing. Only one red on radar when I got close to the base and it was a real rookie heading away. GAME WON? Ooooh no... This is what happened...

First rookie experience was less than stellar. Trying again tomorrow. Have fun guys!

Two buds, MOMs, with opposing views. One seems to think a slower plane against a faster one doesn't matter in terms of skill. Let's find out tomorrow, this time I'll have the fast plane and you will do the dying...many times over. You big bully

The Official Rookies' Day Squadron 11 years 1 week ago #89495

• ParrotHead
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
What the hell are you on about? You want to challenge somebody? Challenge them. Never seen such a wuss post in my life.

I'm sure Max would be happy to oblige ( and if he won't, i will) if you said meet me in No-Mans Land with a xyz plane.... Even terms... Even planes. Prove your skill bud.

Don't come on somebody else's thread spewing this chicken crap. It's rude and childish. Bad form "bud".

The Official Rookies' Day Squadron 11 years 1 week ago #89500

• [e]Sputnik
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Mt. Everest is my home.
  • Thank you received: 863

sock@puppet wrote:

Blue Max Young wrote:

SamStone75 wrote: Yeah, so who is Sock@Puppet? And more importantly why & how is the Puppet pissing off Blue Max? I am interested.

Had a CTC with the puppet. I'm guessing after the game you were all in. Busts in with I was giving some moms a hard time in a game before this one. O yeah? Give this one a hard time. Bopes and Paul with his magic crap he says or something like that. Thought it may be Paul or Bopes giving me a hard time since he threw out both there names. Pushing my buttons. Not so sure. Didnt work out so well for him in the CTC. Didn't fare much better in the DF after that. Kept telling me crap about not having his good plane. That he would see me on Rookies day. Whatever the hell that means. See how I would do in a slow plane. Blah blah blah. News flash i polished my DF skills in that crappy white plane and the red tri plane. I didn't buy the albatross or the Se5 I earned the coin to get em. He rubbed me a little raw and I made him pay a bit. If it was a MOM. SORRY for abusing u. See you on Rookies day. Bring the good plane. Muck was in the first and coop in the second. Muck thought he was a mom but who knows. Don't think a MOM woulda pushed like that. Then he broke in with I'm the reason coop isn't flying MOM any more.

ParrotHead wrote: Flew my first mission as a born again rookie. Of course I flew against a top pilot that has an aversion to carrying bombs. I don't know how any of the new guys or us for that matter, stick with it. These guys dont stand a chance. Ignorance is bliss.

Two buds, MOMs, with opposing views. One seems to think a slower plane against a faster one doesn't matter in terms of skill. Let's find out tomorrow, this time I'll have the fast plane and you will do the dying...many times over. You big bully

If you see me giving you a bad k/d tomorrow, please don't wuss out and leave. Stay and fight like others I've seen.

Say you'll never let me go...
A wise sput once said "you laugh at my skills I laugh at your bank account"

The Official Rookies' Day Squadron 11 years 1 week ago #89504

• sock@puppet

ParrotHead wrote: What the hell are you on about? You want to challenge somebody? Challenge them. Never seen such a wuss post in my life.

I'm sure Max would be happy to oblige ( and if he won't, i will) if you said meet me in No-Mans Land with a xyz plane.... Even terms... Even planes. Prove your skill bud.

Don't come on somebody else's thread spewing this chicken crap. It's rude and childish. Bad form "bud".

Unpuff your feathers and let me correct you on several levels: (a) this is a public forum, you don't own this thread or any others (b)my post was and is a challenge, how you missed that is beyond reason (c) let's be honest, you are upset simply because you can not believe your buddy can be the same type of bully whom you quoted as "I watched this expert pilot zip circles around me and nail me every time. It was painful." Well he was that bully and he enjoyed a cheap kill. Although he never mentioned how i got him with an inferior plane, carrying a bomb, while he had the fastest plane, bombless, and corkscrewing towards me~now that's skill.

I am as my name implies. Ranked much higher than you and your bud. I have shot you both down hundreds of times.

So here's the bird to you birdy. Bring a shovel tomorrow, to dig your grave next to your buddy,

The Official Rookies' Day Squadron 11 years 1 week ago #89510

• ParrotHead
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

sock@puppet wrote:

ParrotHead wrote: What the hell are you on about? You want to challenge somebody? Challenge them. Never seen such a wuss post in my life.

Unpuff your feathers and let me correct you on several levels: (a) this is a public forum, you don't own this thread or any others (b)my post was and is a challenge, how you missed that is beyond reason (c) let's be honest, you are upset simply because you can not believe your buddy can be the same type of bully whom you quoted as "I watched this expert pilot zip circles around me and nail me every time. It was painful." Well he was that bully and he enjoyed a cheap kill. Although he never mentioned how i got him with an inferior plane, carrying a bomb, while he had the fastest plane, bombless, and corkscrewing towards me~now that's skill.

I am as my name implies. Ranked much higher than you and your bud. I have shot you both down hundreds of times.

So here's the bird to you birdy. Bring a shovel tomorrow, to dig your grave next to your buddy,

Ok... Still bad form.

1) Yes its a public forum. This thread was created for a purpose. You used your choice to come here and spew crap, completely off topic. 2) your post was no challenge. Your post basically said "I can't wait to take advantage of y'all flying the inferior planes". If you really want to challenge someone appropriately, say," Hey this ____insert real name____ and let's have a face off Max, Parrot, Mickey Mouse (or whomever you wish) 3) Honestly, I'm not "upset" about anything, other than you butting in on a thread created for "fun" for your own petty agenda. I never called anyone a bully. The pilot that bested me tonight didn't do anything wrong. It wasn't a complaint. I made the choice to fly a basic plane and got bested. It wasn't a cheap kill. It was a righteous kill. Big deal!

I do know you choose to hide behind a fake persona (as your name implies) and then complain because somebody got the better of you after you ran off at the mouth. That's not bullying. That's putting somebody in their place. Bring what ever you like where ever you like. You want to impress somebody, stop hiding and flaming this thread. Again it's rude and childish.

The Official Rookies' Day Squadron 11 years 1 week ago #89513

• sock@puppet
Weak. Uninteresting rebuttal and not very intellectual. I know you have brains, bird, or is it bird brains.

The Official Rookies' Day Squadron 11 years 1 week ago #89515

• Garbo
  • Thank you received: 19

sock@puppet wrote: ... I am as my name implies. Ranked much higher than you and your bud. I have shot you both down hundreds of times.

Special favors come in 31 flavors
We're out of mints
Pass the life savers
I'm droppin' hints
Candy for candy-coated tongue ...

B) B) B)

The Official Rookies' Day Squadron 11 years 1 week ago #89516

• Luna
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 1516

sock@puppet wrote: Weak. Uninteresting rebuttal and not very intellectual. I know you have brains, bird, or is it bird brains.

Funny, your "rebuttals" so far have been lousy, half-witted insults geared towards childish name calling to people I like to call my friends. Tell me, what is it you're trying to prove here? You must take such great pride in your immaculate skill as a video game pilot. Your ability to tilt a mobile device and touch a screen CERTAINLY far surpasses that of my own, along with everyone else here on the forums.

Put a sock in it, puppet. We get it. And frankly, my dear, we don't give a damn.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bellsaj, Paul Mantz, Jr., [LB] Pedrinho

Last edit: by Luna.

The Official Rookies' Day Squadron 11 years 1 week ago #89518

• Richyroo
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 1315
I'm quite sure that this person is under orders from 'Star Chamber', obviously he will deny but all I say is, just ignore and ......
DON'T FEED THE PUPPETS

Attachment not found

The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Mantz, Jr., [LB] Pedrinho

The Official Rookies' Day Squadron 11 years 1 week ago #89521

• |111th| MissHell
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • .ƒƒ...Helen...3:P ° ° °
  • Thank you received: 268
But you realized that German Triplanes like the Fokker Dr.I (Red Baron too) will mostly can't take off when these stuck on carrier deck? This will give a huge advantage to the Allied side in all Df and BtC missions. :whistle:

The Official Rookies' Day Squadron 11 years 1 week ago #89566

• Richyroo
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 1315
Well I'm glad i haven't declared war on a sock, I'm even worse in the bloody rookie planes. Been ill with a killer gut bug since Friday and haven't flown but just went up and my poxy little plane would leave the carrier :pinch: it was like the handbrake was stuck on :blush:
Not saying that its good but normally I get around 3 kills for every 1 death and that's against higher ranking pilots, so this shows my complete lack of skill!

Attachment not found

Attachment not found

Attachment not found

Attachment not found

My gut then decided to declare war on me and this is as it stood at the end of my RUN :sick: I mean FLIGHT.

Attachment not found

I must also thank 420 as she was terribly supportive in her zebra plane, teasing me with her speed, style and manoeuvrability.

:lol: :silly: :lol:
The following user(s) said Thank You: [LB] Pedrinho, DFRookie

Last edit: by Richyroo.
Time to create page: 1.228 seconds