Dogfight Elite 8 years 3 months ago #311156

• con estilo
  • con estilo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1658

zuperman wrote:
Hi everyone!

Important: things may change, this is my current estimate.

Dogfight Elite is almost ready for primetime! As you know, I had to rewrite most of the game to add all the new features and fix things that have been problematic on the game during years. This means that Dogfight Elite can't be a simple update to the current version.

Dogfight Elite won't share the database of Dogfight. They will be independent games. But I don't want for existing players to begin from scratch so during Stage 1 of the roadmap, I will manually move all existing players, points, airplanes and squadrons into Dogfight Elite. Dogfight Elite first download during Stage 1 will be 99 cents, and in exchange I do this to save you from having to repurchase all your existing Dogfight stuff. After 1 month the game works as Dogfight: free or subscription based.

Since the game runs on multiple platforms and versions are never released simultaneously, I have to release the game on different stages. Here is the roadmap:

Stage 1 beta status (First weeks of January 2016)
Price: 99 cents the first time it is downloaded.

All the internals and servers had to be rewritten and I doubt it will run without issues upon launch. I've tested it my best but there are thousands of different devices and combinations out there.
On Stage 1, Dogfight Elite will look and behave pretty much as the current version of Dogfight on a high end device. You won't see much new since I want to make sure the core of the game is stable on all platforms.

What will be unique is that from the beginning the game has to look almost exactly the same to everyone. Everyone will have trees, water and clouds. You can't disable them.

First week of January.

Important: The first week of January, I will manually import the existing players, points, airplanes and squadrons into Dogfight Elite. I will also adjust the rankings and scales for the new system. This won't be done again. From that point, the systems will be independent from Dogfight.

Android Beta Release
Requirement: Android 4.4 is the minimum requirement, with support for OpenGL 3.

Second week of January
Apple Beta Release
Requirement: iOS 8 is the minimum
Windows Beta Release
Requirement: Windows 10 is the minimum

Stage 2 Mid January or beginning of February
With all the feedback from Stage 1, I'll release all required fixes and some of the new visual stuff for Dogfight Elite.
Important: I will clean up the database from players that didn't login into Dogfight or Dogfight Elite for months. This cleanup will only be done on Dogfight Elite, so as to have it as clean and fast as possible. The squadrons that haven't been used or lost their owners, will be removed. Again, this is only on Dogfight Elite.

Stage 3 February
The new World War II airplanes for Dogfight Elite will be added.
The new missions will be added.
The Xbox One version of the game will be released.
The Mac version of the game will be released.
The prices will be adjusted due to agreements (xbox, ps4, mac and pc versions of the game I'm still waiting on an official pricing).

Stage 4 March
Ps4 version of the game will be released. (pending confirmation from Sony).
Oculus Rift version of the game will be released.
Squadron Wars will be released.

Stage 5 April
The full game should be pretty much released and running on all platforms by now.
New content will continue to be added depending on budget.
Voice support will be added to possible platforms: beginning with xbox and ps4.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Dogfight Elite 8 years 3 months ago #311157

• con estilo
  • con estilo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1658

Y en Español?????
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kaco.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: Nachoo
Time to create page: 0.594 seconds