Trojan 5 years 10 months ago #371560

• [NLR] The Blue Fighter
  • [NLR] The Blue Fighter's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Nothing is Impossible.
  • Thank you received: 9788
HI DD, Good to see you back in forum.

Kindly scan your pc for trojan as One file infection can carry on to other executable file. When the pc is clean, then try installing the game.

You can email zup about this issue.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Trojan 5 years 10 months ago #371563

• R E Z
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 771

Not surprised

Trojan 5 years 10 months ago #371589

• dognamitt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • you will miss 100% of the shots you dont take
  • Thank you received: 5755
hes Swedish they get infections viruses ect its all the the free love this is the real trojan he needed
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dogfight Dix

Last edit: by dognamitt.

Trojan 5 years 9 months ago #372085

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13138
it seems to be a false notification. Microsoft scans all software before release so it's almost impossible it gets infected by any virus because it wouldn't pass.

Trojan 5 years 9 months ago #372098

• Mongo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fly like its stolen shoot like you mean to keep it
  • Thank you received: 6558
Probably got it sideloaded from an offer to see Heidi Klum naked!

Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or an idiot from any direction
(.Y.)

Trojan 5 years 9 months ago #372239

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
well, got confirmation from microsoft. there is no virus whatsoever in the program or it wouldn't pass certification on their servers. I also ran the same antivirus you have (symantec) on my computer to double check and redownloaded from another computer and it didn't complain.

So it seems your computer has a virus installed and it infects the game when you download it. I'm just guessing because obviously without having your computer in front of me I can't be sure what's going on there. But the game is clean.

Trojan 5 years 8 months ago #372835

• Acegirl
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • i'm not bad. i'm just drawn that way
  • Thank you received: 9804
Me, Alex and other players are having this problem on our WIN 10. Game will not open and the antivirus move a file form the game to quarantine saying its a virus. Looks like its a virus that att. ads . This is only happening on the Windows store, because I got the game on Steam and there it is fine.

Trojan 5 years 8 months ago #372836

• Cypher7{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 4939
my windows version still functions. I made a noob account on steam for recruiting while back. But since it plays better then windows I wanted to use my Cypher account on steam. So did uninstall and reinstall to have the option to sign in to my WP account. But now the steam version just reloads the same account. Does not go to sign in etc like usual
The following user(s) said Thank You: Acegirl, ®Gamekeeper©™

Trojan 5 years 8 months ago #372839

• DireWolf{WP****}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 4958
I'm WIN 10. Recently reloaded game as it crashed one night. When it was done I had 3 DFE uploads of game---3!!

I ran my antivirus and now I have only one version. Something is odd.

Trojan 5 years 8 months ago #372840

• Acegirl
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

beenthere101 wrote: I downloaded the app to my laptop from the Microsoft store and AVG quarantitthe app because it has malware. Why did this happen?

Trojan 5 years 8 months ago #372852

• Acegirl
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Cypher7{WP} wrote: my windows version still functions. I made a noob account on steam for recruiting while back. But since it plays better then windows I wanted to use my Cypher account on steam. So did uninstall and reinstall to have the option to sign in to my WP account. But now the steam version just reloads the same account. Does not go to sign in etc like usual

Cy I ask my brother about the Steam problem u are having with your account and he told me steam stores your account history info on the cloud. He tells me u must delete your history info from the steam cloud; looks like it’s a complex process so he recommends you contact the steam support and ask them to delete your history info from their cloud. That way you will be able to access the game as a new player and that cloud account will be eliminated.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cypher7{WP}

Trojan 5 years 7 months ago #373304

• SCAMPERS REVENGE
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 106
i did the same thing ,same results

Trojan 5 years 7 months ago #373363

• Acegirl
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Once I quarantine the infected file and erase it, the game would not open again. I believe its an important file for it to make it work. Have erase the game countless times install back but I will not launch. Starts with the blue DF Elite page and poof it crashes. Have not reinstall waiting to see if a windows store updates comes along that will fix it. No support at all for windows store. I downloaded the steam program free, created an account(free) and got the game there for 2 dollars. You do not need to pay a monthly fee, just the 2 dollars and that is it; you can keep on playing. Up side to steam account, they do have a huge variety of free games for you to download. On line games or individual games if you do not like them you can erase them. Every summer they have a 3-day half-price sale on all games and u can find some good deals.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mongo, Dogfight Dix

Trojan 5 years 6 months ago #373688

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
I rebuilt with a new version of unity a few days ago. Can you please try to see whether the antivirus got smarter?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lone Player, nebular

Trojan 5 years 6 months ago #373692

• Acegirl
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Hello Zuperman, sadly is still not working on windows store. I download the game try to open it goes to the blue dogfight elite screen and it crashes. Went to the antivirus and again I sent a file from the windows store app to quarantine; and I’m guessing that without that quarantine file it will not launch or open the game. Can’t tell if the update you did has reach windows store, will keep trying foe a few days but thinking it’s a major issue for all window app players. I’m currently playing on steam. One Kill is having problems with his subscription I think that is a different issue, he told me he wrote u an e mail. Hope you can try to find a solution with the virus issue with all the window store players; many have been force to stop playing and are waiting for some kind of fix.

Trojan 5 years 6 months ago #373693

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
well, don't quarantine and delete. Hit the "restore" button. The game has no virus whatsoever. If you restore the file it should work.

Also, what antivirus is that? I keep trying different ones. I saw someone with Avast Free Antivirus and I also tried it. I never get any virus warning.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Acegirl

Trojan 5 years 6 months ago #373786

• Acegirl
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

zuperman wrote: well, don't quarantine and delete. Hit the "restore" button. The game has no virus whatsoever. If you restore the file it should work.

Also, what antivirus is that? I keep trying different ones. I saw someone with Avast Free Antivirus and I also tried it. I never get any virus warning.

. .
Sorry I took so long zuperman, sooooo I did the restore file thing and this was the massage I got. If I delete the file game will not start blue game screen and it crashes if I try to restore the file, it will not let me. My antivirus is Bitdefender; I will try to e mail them to see if they answer with a possible solution to why is this happening.

Again, this is only happening to me and others on the Windows Store app of Df Elite. I am currently playing and not having any issues with the Steam version of DF Elite. But not everyone is able or willing to change to Steam; so, I know of a few players that want to use their windows app of DF Elite, but they can’t because of this strange issue.

Last edit: by Acegirl.

Trojan 5 years 6 months ago #374060

• Acegirl
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Downloaded DF Elite from the windows store today to try out the new zuperman fix and I have to say; it works! Looks like the Trojan thing is gone, and the game is uploading and working. Thank you zuperman for the fix. All windows players you can give DF Elite a try now; it seems that the bug thing is gone. My antivirus is not detecting anything, and the game is working again in windows store.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nebular

Trojan 5 years 6 months ago #374065

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
all I did was send the file to Avast antivirus. So when it said it was a virus, there is an option to say that it is not true and send the file to them for analysis. I did that. They removed it from the virus list. That simple.
Unfortunately I don't have the time or resources to do that with every single antivirus on the market. I can try to help with the main ones if you tell me which one you are using, because no, the game has no virus. All you have to do is disable the antivirus on that file if it says so.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Acegirl, Lone Player

Last edit: by zuperman.

Trojan 5 years 6 months ago #374067

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Dog 10 wrote: Probably dont have a built in virus, but i think there's a loophole in the app that is used to infect the game app in my end...
Im not playing this at the moment, but i have it installed on my pc... from time to time i get virus warning from my Norton that some virus try to attatch to dogfightgame... could be the forum that is connected to the game or just directly attatching the game...

Im starting to be a bit pissed on that so i have decided to uninstall this shit for a while to protect my other apps on my pc.

As I said, it has no virus. If you read the message from your antivirus is says it's detecting it using a heuristic method. Translated for the none-geeks. Heuristic method = it seems it can be a virus since it has code to connect to facebook, go online, voice chat... so to be safe I'll put it as a virus unless you tell me otherwise.

It has NO virus. You just have to tell your antivirus to ignore it and don't delete it. Even better to send the file to the antivirus maker for analysis and exclude it in all future releases. (that's what I did with avast antivirus and they removed it from the virus list in 24 hours).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Acegirl, Lone Player, Gideons Sword

Trojan 5 years 6 months ago #374072

• [M]LtDan nhouse
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • What goes up Must come down
  • Thank you received: 1274
Well Zup give us the game we miss so much please !

Trojan 5 years 5 months ago #374083

• Gannet
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 4438
My antivirus "Trend" just tripped up on it. I guess I'll try a reinstall.
Maybe I'll get lucky with the latest version......

zuperman wrote: all I did was send the file to Avast antivirus. So when it said it was a virus, there is an option to say that it is not true and send the file to them for analysis. I did that. They removed it from the virus list. That simple.
Unfortunately I don't have the time or resources to do that with every single antivirus on the market. I can try to help with the main ones if you tell me which one you are using, because no, the game has no virus. All you have to do is disable the antivirus on that file if it says so.

Trojan 5 years 5 months ago #374094

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
what version of Trend? I just went to their website and download the trial version of Trend Micro Antivirus (version 15). It didn't detect it as a virus, everything seems to be working fine.

• Page:
Time to create page: 1.343 seconds